Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-17-17, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
The pregnant lady in the Colerain baby shower murder lied and was actually not pregnant. She's apparently been giving the police fake stories for a week now. It's a pretty shocking revelation
Old 07-17-17, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
The pregnant lady in the Colerain baby shower murder lied and was actually not pregnant. She's apparently been giving the police fake stories for a week now. It's a pretty shocking revelation
How do they have the right to proof that she isn't pregnant ? Hard to imagine a scenario in which she would honestly believe that she was unless she had a false positive on a drug store pee-stick. If she faked it, why would she "confess" it, unless she gave up the shooter. Not sure why a lawyer would let her submit a sample or confess if he has reasonable doubt to kick around.

Then there's this nugget -

Quote:
Willis is the same woman who was beaten and robbed on Christmas Eve 2015 near the Forest Fair Village mall in Forest Park. Willis was hit, had a hair cut off and the attacker wrote on her face. The incident, which stemmed from a car robbery, was recorded with a cell phone and the video was posted to social media.

A woman and a man were arrested in connection with that case, but a Hamilton County grand jury ignored the charges and the two were never prosecuted.
Old 07-17-17, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

e_p deleted his goofy post, evidently. Odd.
Old 07-17-17, 03:19 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Yeah, very weird story with the Colerain shooter. It was very obvious from the beginning that someone in the family knew more than they were leading on, though.
Old 07-17-17, 04:09 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I got the same PM a while ago, so the ban must be almost over. Missed the EY event. Ban-worthy debacle ?
Only from what I saw id say no (which wasn't much, more may have been deleted without me seeing it)
Old 07-17-17, 04:30 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Ted, for the right price I will allow you joint custody of this username. PM me an offer.
Old 07-17-17, 06:56 PM
All American

McGregor knocked out sparring lol
Old 07-17-17, 08:53 PM
All American

Finally cut the cord with cable. Going to test out Sling TV, saving about $90/month and missing out on very few channels that We watch.
Old 07-17-17, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Ted, for the right price I will allow you joint custody of this username. PM me an offer.
It's not even spelled right, Ted. Don't do it!!
Old 07-17-17, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Finally cut the cord with cable. Going to test out Sling TV, saving about $90/month and missing out on very few channels that We watch.
What is your work-around for live sports ?
Old 07-17-17, 10:23 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
The internet for live sports.
Old 07-17-17, 10:24 PM
All American

Sling carries ESPN
Old 07-17-17, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

I thought Sling just redirects streaming content available via the passwords of pay TV subscribers. I never really looked into it.

Are you guys just using your parents' cable passwords, since you had to set up their entertainment systems anyway ?
Old 07-17-17, 11:18 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
The blue option adds the Fox channels among others. If I were to get Sling TV, I would have to watch on my laptop as I don't have a Smart TV. I do watch some sports on my laptop as my screen is as big as some TVs I have had! I set up a MLB.com account to watch some games and use my cable sign-in for ESPN 3 (YSU football playoffs) and FOX SportsOhio (HS basketball playoffs).
Old 07-17-17, 11:33 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
The blue option adds the Fox channels among others. If I were to get Sling TV, I would have to watch on my laptop as I don't have a Smart TV. I do watch some sports on my laptop as my screen is as big as some TVs I have had! I set up a MLB.com account to watch some games and use my cable sign-in for ESPN 3 (YSU football playoffs) and FOX SportsOhio (HS basketball playoffs).
Get a $4 HDMI cable and hook the laptop up to the TV. I watch movies that way all the time.
Old 07-18-17, 01:48 AM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
My working theories:

1) the baby daddy went Rae Carruth not knowing it was a hoax

2) it was a setup and the crazy b1tch was in on it.
Old 07-18-17, 02:33 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Had found a few sites to watch shows and movies for free.

Fmovies has a very large array of shows and movies. New shows are usually uploaded within hours of the original.
Old 07-18-17, 06:24 AM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I hope you have better luck with Sling that I did. Used their 30-day free trial a while back and it did nothing but lag and buffer throughout programs. Granted, I was trying to watch the NBA finals, so I'm sure it was stressing their system, but still, it was bad. I canceled the free trial on day 2.
Old 07-18-17, 06:49 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
I'm closing tomorrow and my girlfriend and I are trying to decide if we want to just rock the 100 mbps internet only or go with cable at the new place. I'm trying to sell her on internet only, I always use whatever website ronnie suggests to stream games or use my friend's ESPN password. She's mostly worried not being able to get UGA games and wants cable strictly for the SEC Network.
Old 07-18-17, 07:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
I hope you have better luck with Sling that I did. Used their 30-day free trial a while back and it did nothing but lag and buffer throughout programs. Granted, I was trying to watch the NBA finals, so I'm sure it was stressing their system, but still, it was bad. I canceled the free trial on day 2.
Could your router or level of internet access have been part of the problem ? Do you stream other demanding heavy content ?
Old 07-18-17, 09:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
What is your work-around for live sports ?
Sling provides local FSN (Reds games), ESPN, ESPN 2, and I've got an HD antennae for 5, 9, 12, 19 etc.

Big 10 Network is the only thing I'm missing right now, but I can just use my parents' DirecTV login info to stream that as well.
Old 07-18-17, 09:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
I was 5 days through the free trial with no issues when I signed up. It's been just about perfect in terms of streaming quality. Light years better than the jail broken Fire Sticks.
Old 07-18-17, 09:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I'm closing tomorrow and my girlfriend and I are trying to decide if we want to just rock the 100 mbps internet only or go with cable at the new place. I'm trying to sell her on internet only, I always use whatever website ronnie suggests to stream games or use my friend's ESPN password. She's mostly worried not being able to get UGA games and wants cable strictly for the SEC Network.
I'm about 95% sure Sling offers the SEC and PAC 12 Networks. You have to pay $5 extra for the sports package. So you could get one of their two base packages + sports package for $25-$30/month.
Old 07-18-17, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I wonder how net-neutrality repeal is going to impact the cable companies streaming of competitors like Sling? I think you might want to get used to buffering if you don't pay up for cable tv services.
Old 07-18-17, 09:25 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
What Sig said, or pay $30 for a Roku. That essentially turns any TV into a smart tv.
Old 07-18-17, 10:05 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
I'm about 95% sure Sling offers the SEC and PAC 12 Networks. You have to pay $5 extra for the sports package. So you could get one of their two base packages + sports package for $25-$30/month.
Oh damn, just looked into this and they do have SEC Network. Should be an easier sell on internet only and Sling during football season. Thanks.
Old 07-18-17, 10:08 AM
All American

Yup, I'm hoping they add Big 10 Network sometime soon.
Old 07-18-17, 09:34 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What Sig said, or pay $30 for a Roku. That essentially turns any TV into a smart tv.
WS & Sig: Will check into this as it would be real nice to watch the big screen. Thanks.
Old 07-19-17, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Good, F- OH. And what grade school is the HC guy coaching? No more screwing around, I want to crush that mother f***er and make sure he never coaches again. And if the HC from HC is knowingly allowing it to happen, I want him to get crushed too. I don't care if it means HC gets suspended from the KHSAA Playoffs, scorch the earth. Let everyone know not to f*** with Elder.
Old 07-19-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Never f*** with Elder. Ever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: