Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-02-17, 08:27 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
St. Ignatius football 2017

Eddie Dwyer returns to cover the Cats:

http://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/news...rer_id=2683554
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-17, 09:02 PM
All Region

AndrewAnto86 is on a distinguished road
Austin Brown, the Detroit CC QB with offers from Akron, Miami, and Toledo, left CC for the school in his home district.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/hi...rict/95949198/
Old 06-03-17, 06:09 AM
All Region

Wildcatwarrior is on a distinguished road
I was at the mini-camp that Eddie's article refers to. Many players did not participate, but attended in street clothes, due to their spring sports being in contention for a state championship (i.e., rugby (three levels), lacrosse, volleyball and track and field). Good luck to all Cats teams this weekend.
Old 06-03-17, 12:15 PM
All Region

Wildcats Rugby B-side defeats St. Ed 22-14. Rubber match tonight with the A-sides. Go Cats!
Old 06-03-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Bennies'01 is on a distinguished road
Interesting piece on Cleveland.com regarding an apparent philosophical debate amongst members of the St. Ignatius community:

http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/inde...d_parents.html
Old 06-03-17, 02:41 PM
All World

Volleyball in state semi-finals tomorrow; rugby and lacrosse state championships tonight.;track going on now. Can't remember a year ending like this.
Old 06-03-17, 02:47 PM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatwarrior View Post
Wildcats Rugby B-side defeats St. Ed 22-14. Rubber match tonight with the A-sides. Go Cats!
St. Ed's U-16 defeats the Cats in OT 29-17
Old 06-03-17, 06:29 PM
All World

Track finishes tied for ninth.
Old 06-04-17, 09:15 AM
All Region

Wildcat Varsity A rugby takes the rubber match and is now RugbyOhio Division 1 State Champs by defeating the St. Edward Eagles Varsity A 17-7.
Old 06-04-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Volleyball in state semi-finals tomorrow; rugby and lacrosse state championships tonight.;track going on now. Can't remember a year ending like this.
Soccer: State Champs
Football: State runner-up
Hockey: State Champs
Swimming: State runner-up
Rugby: State Champs
Lacrosse: State runner-up
Volleyball: Playing for a championship as we speak

I'd say it was a pretty good year.
Old 06-04-17, 05:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Soccer: State Champs
Football: State runner-up
Hockey: State Champs
Swimming: State runner-up
Rugby: State Champs
Lacrosse: State runner-up
Volleyball: Playing for a championship as we speak

I'd say it was a pretty good year.
Add State champs to volleyball. Ignatius- 3, Hilliard Darby - 0
Old 06-04-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
State championships in four sports -- soccer, hockey, rugby, and volleyball (the latter two I believe are non sanctioned OSHAA sports). One thing that they all have in coomon is that when I attended Ignatius none of these sports was on the horizon. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning them. The big issue then was whether Ignatius would start a wrestling program. I belive it took several years for that to come about.

Last edited by arizonawildcat; 06-04-17 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Add State champs to volleyball. Ignatius- 3, Hilliard Darby - 0
Impressive result beating them in three straight sets. I think Darby was considered a pretty heavy favorite coming into the tournament.
Old 06-04-17, 06:06 PM
All American

sehs
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
State championships in four sports -- soccer, hockey, rugby, and volleyball (the letter two I believe are non sanctioned OSHAA sports). One thing that they all have in coomon is that when I attended Ignatius none of these sports was on the horizon. I don't recall anyone ver mentioning them. The big issue then was whether Ignatius would start a wrestling program. I belive it took several years for that to come about.
Good point, high school sports in Ohio have heavily diversified, I believe mostly to football's detriment.
Old 06-05-17, 06:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Impressive result beating them in three straight sets. I think Darby was considered a pretty heavy favorite coming into the tournament.
In the post-season, Wildcat volleyball took 15 of 16 sets.
Old 06-05-17, 06:51 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
State championships in four sports -- soccer, hockey, rugby, and volleyball (the latter two I believe are non sanctioned OSHAA sports). One thing that they all have in coomon is that when I attended Ignatius none of these sports was on the horizon. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning them. The big issue then was whether Ignatius would start a wrestling program. I belive it took several years for that to come about.
This following the previous school year, when Ignatius won 4 OHSAA team titles, an Ohio first. Safe to say if there was such an award, the all-sport trophy would likely often end up across the street from Wendy's.
Old 06-08-17, 12:31 PM
All American

bluengold
Eddie Dwyer reports on the Ignatius athletics website that Ignatius and St. Edward are looking into setting up a “B game” this Fall – in addition to the freshmen, JV and Varsity games. Dwyer reports that this would not be among the 10 regular season varsity games and not count for OHSAA varsity computer playoff points. A “B game” would allow those players who do not get on the field much during the regular season, but are working very hard in practice, to have the opportunity for some quality playing time. Not sure how this would work within OHSAA rules and regulations. Perhaps it would involve those who do not play in the week 10 game between the Wildcats and Eagles and not be recognized as an official game.
Old 07-03-17, 09:31 AM
All World

Lucas HS coaches attend Ignatius practice.

Old 07-03-17, 12:57 PM
All Region

Eddie Dwyer reports:

Saint Ignatius' Week 3 Varsity Football Game Versus Euclid is Being Moved to Byers Field.

"Because of the ongoing construction of its new Stadium, Euclid High School has agreed to move the Week 3 Varsity Football Game versus Saint Ignatius to Byers Field in Parma's Robert M. Boulton Stadium.

The game will now be on Saturday, September 9 and the kickoff on Ridge Road and Day Drive will be 7 PM. Saint Ignatius will travel to Euclid's new Stadium in 2018."

Old 07-31-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Happy Feast Day to all my fellow Cats.
Old 07-31-17, 07:07 PM
All Ohio

Wildcats1886
Some highlights from the first day of practice, courtesy of Cleveland.com. Sounds like the boys are carrying over a lot of motivation from last year's disappointing end to a great season.
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...ll-camp-visit/
Old 07-31-17, 07:38 PM
All Ohio

Wildcat66
Quote:
Happy Feast Day to all my fellow Cats.
Old 08-02-17, 11:37 AM
All American

Cleveland, TN
Who are the candidates to start at QB?

Will defense be a liability this year or are there some young linemen and linebackers who look promising?
Old 08-02-17, 12:03 PM
All World

Looks like Dan Alexander will get first shot at qb. The defense will be a project. So much was lost to graduation that the experience level of the front six is negligible. As far as who will produce, that needs to be seen during the scrimmages. The offense should be okay, but the defense is unknown.
Old 08-02-17, 11:27 PM
All Ohio

Mr. Red Raider is on a distinguished road
What is St. Ignatius' scrimmage schedule? I know they have a scrimmage at Solon on the 8th, and at McKinley on the 17th (or 18th) but I wonder if they'll have a home scrimmage in between before the season starts.
Old 08-03-17, 09:57 AM
All American

bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Red Raider View Post
What is St. Ignatius' scrimmage schedule? I know they have a scrimmage at Solon on the 8th, and at McKinley on the 17th (or 18th) but I wonder if they'll have a home scrimmage in between before the season starts.
I believe those are the only 2 scrimmages. The McKinley scrimmage is on the 18th
Old 08-03-17, 10:47 AM
All American

bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland, TN View Post
Who are the candidates to start at QB?

Will defense be a liability this year or are there some young linemen and linebackers who look promising?
The QB candidates are Dan Alexander (Sr), Kyle Hall (sr) and Patrick Delahunty (Jr). As Tom48 notes, Alexander is likely to get the first shot. He was the back-up to Patrick Ryan last season

For the Defense, Eddie Dwyer’s reports out of pre-season camp provide some indication. The Backfield is experienced and good. The DLine and LBs are somewhat unknown at the varsity level.

On the DLine, Toby Engel (Sr) and Aidan Wells (Jr) appear to have the first shot. Kyle has publically mentioned that Darian Kinnard (Kentucky recruit) and Jack Jamieson will get playing time on the DLine in addition to their starting OLine positions. Engel, Kinnard and Jamieson are all in the 300+ # range. Wells was listed as 6’5” 240# on the JV basketball team and he was on the varsity FB squad last season. Playing Bball would indicate Wells has some athleticism.

For the LB position, there are a number of candidates. Dwyer mentions Tommy Eichenberg (a Jr and Liam’s brother), Drew Keirn (Sr) who had some PT on special teams last season, Tom Grosel (Sr) and Logan Joyce (Sr) who both did not participate in FB last season but played significantly when they were sophomores on the JV team, Jonathan Ockunzzi (Sr), Mike Volpe (Sr), Andrew Boldy (Sr) and several juniors.

The DBackfield has athleticism and significant experience. Returning starters and those having significant playing time experience include seniors Cam Toppin, Justin Sands (getting offers from the Ivies, Davidson, etc), Connor Kennedy (Holy Cross recruit) and Matt Viancourt. This should be the strength of the defense.
Old 08-06-17, 01:06 PM
All American

CardzFan1 is on a distinguished road
Wanted to let everyone know that Week 2 in Mentor is going to be rough parking. You will want to get here earlier than normal. The large grass area across from the school is now filled by a large Lake Health Med Center that is fenced off -- no parking will be available there. You guys are the classiest fans that we see so I just wanted to let you know in advance.
Old 08-06-17, 01:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardzFan1 View Post
Wanted to let everyone know that Week 2 in Mentor is going to be rough parking. You will want to get here earlier than normal. The large grass area across from the school is now filled by a large Lake Health Med Center that is fenced off -- no parking will be available there. You guys are the classiest fans that we see so I just wanted to let you know in advance.
Thanks for the info. Maybe it's time for carpools.
Old 08-06-17, 08:11 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Is it true that anything other than 15-0 will be a bitter disappointment for Wildcat fans?