Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-23-17, 09:55 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Will France ever break the record?
I think he will. I'm not sure what the "revised' numbers are, but I think it's something like seven games. That's possible this year if Manchester has the team a lot of people claim it does. I have not heard how the scrimmages went, so I'll have no idea of how they'll look until I see them Friday night.
Old 08-24-17, 10:07 AM
Varsity

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Composite PAC schedule for 2017:

Direct link for full size graphic: http://i.imgur.com/GJ1QaZQ.jpg
Old 08-24-17, 10:25 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider1 View Post
Composite PAC schedule for 2017:
Direct link for full size graphic: http://i.imgur.com/GJ1QaZQ.jpg
That's awesome. Thanks.

To me, the best game should be Chippewa/Manchester.

Loudonville and Triway have intriguing games. Tuslaw was interesting until I saw that Smithville is under 30 kids. CVCA can be added to that list, but only because someone on here has talked them up so heavily, only to find out that their last scrimmage looked like a pee wee game with TV. Don't know what to expect out of them other than my feelings that they'll make strides, but won't truly compete until next year.
Old 08-24-17, 09:12 PM
Junior Varsity

TDrunner is on a distinguished road
Fairless Falcons

Fairless Falcons 26 Sandy Valley 12
Old 08-24-17, 10:41 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDrunner View Post
Fairless Falcons 26 Sandy Valley 12
The Harbins are rolling in already!
Old 08-25-17, 06:08 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
The Harbins are rolling in already!
We'll take them!
Old 08-25-17, 07:08 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Gotta beat Fairless to get those precious Harbins, though. Those selfish Falcons!
Old 08-25-17, 09:11 PM
Varsity

eyeguy is on a distinguished road
Manchester and Orrville win.
Old 08-25-17, 09:17 PM
Varsity

Triway wins along with CVCA
Old 08-26-17, 05:47 AM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
5-3 for the week, what did we learn

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-17, 07:12 AM
All American

Went to Manchester. They are very solid. Ran the ball really well and they are more physical than last year. Favorites in the PAC still.

Chippewa wasn't as good as I thought, but they'll win 6 or 7 games.

On the Orrville game. Big shocker. Read the story in the paper. Sounded like Wooster was missing some serious house power last night. Can't get a great judgement from that game, but it looks like they are vastly improved either way. Those fresh eyes on the coaching staff must be paying off a bit.
Old 08-26-17, 02:00 PM
All World

I was also at the Manchester game. The offense was firing on all cylinders. The running game was exceptional. The passing game was about what I expected with a Jr. QB, but he was a good game manager, and I think he'll improve. The defense had some issues. They were more physical than in recent years, that's a good sign. The outside containment, which had been a problem in recent seasons, was good. This time the problem came inside where there was just too much room. Chippewa actually outgained Manchester on offense, and if not for some big plays, would've been in this game all the way. I'm always suspicious of the 3-5 alignment that the Panthers have used in the early part of the past four seasons. Manchester's personnel this season appears to be better suited for it, so we'll see. All in all, it was a very good first win. Manchester has quite a few players to watch this season, especially Ethan Wright. I also think Chippewa has a good squad and should win at least seven games, if not more this season.
Old 08-26-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepride1990 View Post
5-3 for the week, what did we learn

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
I learned that either Orrville has something this year, or Wooster is on a "miss" year after 3 "hit" years.
Old 08-26-17, 08:35 PM
Varsity

I'm from Orrville so take this with a grain of salt , we're a lot better than last year. That's not saying we'll win the PAC but we're better. In Wooster's defense they were missing 2 key players and they don't like to lose to us, but those 2 probably would have made the difference. Mathis is a beast and we would of had trouble stopping him. Wooster's QB is slippery and with Mathis it would of probably been a different story. Their coach was smart to not play them if it was questionable. They'll be needed for the conference games and the next couple games against Dover and Wadsworth.
Old 08-26-17, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeguy View Post
I'm from Orrville so take this with a grain of salt , we're a lot better than last year. That's not saying we'll win the PAC but we're better. In Wooster's defense they were missing 2 key players and they don't like to lose to us, but those 2 probably would have made the difference. Mathis is a beast and we would of had trouble stopping him. Wooster's QB is slippery and with Mathis it would of probably been a different story. Their coach was smart to not play them if it was questionable. They'll be needed for the conference games and the next couple games against Dover and Wadsworth.
Your point is well taken, but considering Wooster missed the playoffs last year at 8-2, not sure they can risk giving away any wins. Their conference could be a dog again this year.

Wooster's QB and I might have something in common.
Old 08-27-17, 04:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Carrado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I learned that either Orrville has something this year, or Wooster is on a "miss" year after 3 "hit" years.
I agree. Wooster seemed to be down this year. The RB did not play. Orriville played hard and did not come out scared like they did last year. The offense I thought struggled. The Freashman running back is elusive but did not show he could run between the tackles. We will need that going forward. I thought the D did an excellent job. It will be interesting to see this team evolve.
Old 08-28-17, 09:17 AM
All Region

JP20 is on a distinguished road
Chippewa crushed Orrville in a scrimmage!
Old 08-28-17, 09:44 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP20 View Post
Chippewa crushed Orrville in a scrimmage!
Wasn't that scrimmage held 2 days into full pads? Don't put a whole lot into that.
Old 08-28-17, 09:52 AM
All American

Week 2:

Norwayne @ Orrville
Northwest @ Canton South
Dalton @ Tuslaw
Cam. Mem. @ CVCA
Chippewa @ Loudonville
Manchester @ Indian Valley
Fairless @ Tusky Valley
Triway @ Smithville

Going with 5-3 this week. Some surprising results last week.

I've got Orrville, CVCA, Manchester, Fairless, and Triway as PAC winners this week.
Old 08-28-17, 10:33 AM
Varsity

JP, I think Chippewa will be OK but Orrville didn't play either of the Freshman in that scrimmage and sat out 4 starters on Defense due to mild injuries, first week of practice, etc. I wouldn't put too, much stock in a preseason scrimmage. We'll see against Norwayne this week and then you can compare how you did against them later in the season.
Old 08-28-17, 11:32 AM
Varsity

Carrado, we had 380 yds. in offense. Not great but not bad. I doubt you'll see us run between tackles much with a spread offense. Most of the inside tackles running was Domer. I'm not saying that is good but we don't really have any bruising running backs. I thought we ran some offense that I haven't seen before and I think some of that came from our Triway assistant.
Old 08-28-17, 11:35 AM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
Manchester looked good

Going to be a fun year. Manchester has nice size and some speed guys at the skilled positions. If the sophomore running back (Ethan Wright) stays healthy can't imagine anyone in the PAC containing the offense. Speed in small conference is a big advantage. They have some work to do on run defense which should be very correctable. I would expect a good old smash mouth game at Indian Valley this week (IV beat Coshoctor 40-0).
Old 08-28-17, 02:45 PM
All Region

JP20 is on a distinguished road
Manchester will definitely go 9-1 or 10-0.
Old 08-28-17, 07:40 PM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsnumber1 View Post
Going to be a fun year. Manchester has nice size and some speed guys at the skilled positions. If the sophomore running back (Ethan Wright) stays healthy can't imagine anyone in the PAC containing the offense. Speed in small conference is a big advantage. They have some work to do on run defense which should be very correctable. I would expect a good old smash mouth game at Indian Valley this week (IV beat Coshoctor 40-0).
The only team containing there speed by a lot is CVCA And Mabey even Triway as well
Old 08-28-17, 07:52 PM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I was also at the Manchester game. The offense was firing on all cylinders. The running game was exceptional. The passing game was about what I expected with a Jr. QB, but he was a good game manager, and I think he'll improve. The defense had some issues. They were more physical than in recent years, that's a good sign. The outside containment, which had been a problem in recent seasons, was good. This time the problem came inside where there was just too much room. Chippewa actually outgained Manchester on offense, and if not for some big plays, would've been in this game all the way. I'm always suspicious of the 3-5 alignment that the Panthers have used in the early part of the past four seasons. Manchester's personnel this season appears to be better suited for it, so we'll see. All in all, it was a very good first win. Manchester has quite a few players to watch this season, especially Ethan Wright. I also think Chippewa has a good squad and should win at least seven games, if not more this season.
I also went to the Manchester vs Chips game and I was surprised at how both teams moved the ball. It looked like Chippewa was going to wear them down but the Panthers regained control in the 4th quarter. I think the tone was set when Johnson returned the opening kickoff 87 yards for a TD for Manchester. He is the transfer from SVSM.
Old 08-29-17, 07:01 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
I also went to the Manchester vs Chips game and I was surprised at how both teams moved the ball. It looked like Chippewa was going to wear them down but the Panthers regained control in the 4th quarter. I think the tone was set when Johnson returned the opening kickoff 87 yards for a TD for Manchester. He is the transfer from SVSM.
OH! Good to hear. I thought maybe that kid was the one from the Ukraine I heard about from a yappi poster.
Old 08-29-17, 07:06 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
The only team containing there speed by a lot is CVCA And Mabey even Triway as well
...and Orrville
Old 08-29-17, 11:43 AM
Varsity

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
OH! Good to hear. I thought maybe that kid was the one from the Ukraine I heard about from a yappi poster.
Nope, no QB from Ukraine. Just Wagner from Manchester. LOL. He does have some talented receivers. So, he should have a decent season.
Old 08-29-17, 04:37 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
...and Orrville
Orrville stinks!!
Old 08-29-17, 06:31 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
Orrville stinks!!
It does..the foundry in town has a way of doing that at times!