Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-16-16, 03:04 PM
All District

Hornetfan16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig1 View Post
I think you got it right about Monroe...they will continue to struggle until the head coach is in the building and someone else is calling the plays. There seems to be a lack of discipline and numbers are on the decline. Monroe has the athletes to make the plays and the quarterback coming back to lead the offense. But, the kids won't buy in if they don't trust or believe in the coaches that are leading them.
One thing pointing to discipline issues is the fact half the kids had their helmets off the entire games not tuned in to the outcomes. Every team we played had their helmets on the entire game. It seems like they weren't focussed on what needed to be done. Sad to see talent wasted.
Old 11-16-16, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Whether a kid has his helmet on or not is a load of BS. It doesn't show a sign of discipline IMO, however if the kids are fooling around that is different.

However, this program needs change. And that starts at the head coach, I do believe Leach being in the building would help but it may be a little too late. There is way too much talent in the halls to be 3-7, the weight program needs to be revamped. the O&D lines were not only small and weak, but they were slow as well. This program needs energy period.

I look for Franklin, VV, Bellbrook, and Brookville to run the SW side.
Old 11-16-16, 04:11 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
I stated this before in my previous post, but VV only has 6 seniors. Most of them were injured to finish the year. I know Brookville and BB return a lot but those teams will have to improve greatly to get on the level of VV and Franklin. Specifically, everyone is chasing Franklin. They'll have another great team next year. It should be an upswing for the SWBL as a whole.
Old 11-16-16, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
I know it all takes care of itself on the field BUT bringing Logan Hannah and Colin Genslinger back for VV cannot be understated. Next year will be probably the first time since 2005 that VV starts to put a scare into people. These past 11 years there have been a quite a few good teams (5 playoff appearances in 11 years) but never really a great team. Next years team has the potential to bring back the old fear VV put in opponents eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-16, 07:47 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
I stated this before in my previous post, but VV only has 6 seniors. Most of them were injured to finish the year. I know Brookville and BB return a lot but those teams will have to improve greatly to get on the level of VV and Franklin. Specifically, everyone is chasing Franklin. They'll have another great team next year. It should be an upswing for the SWBL as a whole.
Bellbrook will be ready , with what we have coming back and the freshman and 8th grade coming up we have plenty of talent. Valley view was good, franklin was great, you can say what you want about scores but I was at both games and we were a few plays and swings away from potentially changing the entire outcome of those games. 12 sophomores will do that, we were extremely young this year, under a completely new coaching staff and system and went 7-3, should have been 8-2( huge 4th quarter lead blown at eaton 21)6 returning juniors as well. Year 2 under the Clinton massie coaching staff will be even better, they have brought something over from massie that we hadn't had in years, fight and a winning attitude. Strap your helmets on tight and don't bank on it being a 2 team battle between view and franklin because our boys aren't forgetting the beat down you both gave us.
I am proud to be a swbl supporter, this year was special and I truly believe next year can be even better for our league, some big out of conference games for us all!
Old 11-16-16, 11:05 PM
All Ohio

Just realeased the AP All-District Teams
VV
1st Team
Andrew Valenti OL (JR)
Colin Genslinger RB (JR)
Stone Day OL,DL (JR)

2nd Team
Logan Hannah LB (JR)

Honorable Mention
Konner Smith DE (SR)
Reese Wilcoxn (JR)

Congrats to Coach Skidmore for being named DIV district coach of the year!

Old 11-17-16, 08:30 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Bellbrook will be ready , with what we have coming back and the freshman and 8th grade coming up we have plenty of talent. Valley view was good, franklin was great, you can say what you want about scores but I was at both games and we were a few plays and swings away from potentially changing the entire outcome of those games. 12 sophomores will do that, we were extremely young this year, under a completely new coaching staff and system and went 7-3, should have been 8-2( huge 4th quarter lead blown at eaton 21)6 returning juniors as well. Year 2 under the Clinton massie coaching staff will be even better, they have brought something over from massie that we hadn't had in years, fight and a winning attitude. Strap your helmets on tight and don't bank on it being a 2 team battle between view and franklin because our boys aren't forgetting the beat down you both gave us.
I am proud to be a swbl supporter, this year was special and I truly believe next year can be even better for our league, some big out of conference games for us all!
How many total starters does Bellbrook lose and what were their contributions?
Old 11-17-16, 10:25 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh don't know where you got your numbers, but against Edgewood the kids that played a lot, Franklin loses 13 starters. 3 senior 2 way linemen, Moore a big fast RB , Kremer a very good 2 way receiver and DB. Franklin will be good because of Ryan Montgomery, but overall I think the team will be down a little.
Hoser I think you are a great poster, but this is where you rub me the wrong way a bit. I attended every Franklin this year my numbers are legit, I don't pretend to be an expert on Edgewood that is your realm so don't come on here saying I am lying about who Franklin returns.

Bailey Moore didn't play after the Bellbrook game Winstead was the other running back with Montgomery he played 6 games I am calling him a returning starter. Austin Gilbert broke his collarbone against your cougars he started as a sophomore in the slot was a starter this year, but missed the last 10 games he is a returning starter.

On offense.

LT Etter
C Rudd (played everywhere on the line this year as the number 1 back up started a few games)
RT Glossip

QB White
Wr Kinzer
WR Gilbert
RB Montgomery
RB Winstead

That is 8 returners on offense.

On defense Franklin returns

DE Kepler
DT Figiola
DT Glossip

LB Centers
LB Knipper
LB Clark

Secondary will have to be completely replaced lost all four of them. The big losses will be Hillard who played both ways OL/DL Kremer WR/FS and Scott SS.

But 14 starters back and both the punter and kicker and returning your leading tacklers Knipper and Centers and most of both lines and your D3 SW Ohio player of the year, the Cats have a shot at being very good again.
Old 11-17-16, 10:34 AM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Hoser I think you are a great poster, but this is where you rub me the wrong way a bit. I attended every Franklin this year my numbers are legit, I don't pretend to be an expert on Edgewood that is your realm so don't come on here saying I am lying about who Franklin returns.

Bailey Moore didn't play after the Bellbrook game Winstead was the other running back with Montgomery he played 6 games I am calling him a returning starter. Austin Gilbert broke his collarbone against your cougars he started as a sophomore in the slot was a starter this year, but missed the last 10 games he is a returning starter.

On offense.

LT Etter
C Rudd (played everywhere on the line this year as the number 1 back up started a few games)
RT Glossip

QB White
Wr Kinzer
RB Montgomery
RB Winstead

That is 7 returners on offense.

DE Kepler
DT Figiola
DT Glossip

LB Centers
LB Knipper
LB Clark

Secondary will have to be completely replaced lost all four of them. The big losses will be Hillard who played both ways OL/DL Kremer WR/FS and Scott SS.

But 13 starters back and both the punter and kicker and returning your leading tacklers Knipper and Centers and most of both lines and your D3 SW Ohio player of the year, the Cats have a shot at being very good again.
UH dude I already said Franklin will be very good next year. I saw you guys in our game. Montgomery never left the field, played safety. The older Etter kid played both ways. There were 3 senior linemen who never left the field. I did say I don't think Franklin will be as good as this season, and it sounds like VV and Bellbrook are gonna be better. What happened to the big OT who was an underclassman last year, thought he had a lot of potential.
Old 11-17-16, 10:37 AM
Varsity

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Valley View's Andrew Valenti is a senior and Adam Valenti is a junior. Since Andrew missed games, I assume Adam was the one honored.
Old 11-17-16, 11:00 AM
All American

D3 SW Ohio Offensive Player of the Year Ryan Montgomery

D3 SW Ohio 1st team:

Noah Kremer Sr WR
Ryan Montgomery Jr RB
Trent Scott SR Safety

D3 SW Ohio 2nd team:
Braden White Jr QB
Nate Glossip Jr OT/DT

D3 SW Ohio Honorable Mention:
Wyatt Hillard Sr OG/DT
Matt Center So LB
Matt Schneider Jr K

D3 SW Ohio Coach of the Year:

Brad Childers Franklin
Old 11-17-16, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

On offense.

LT Etter
RT Glossip

QB White
Wr Kinzer
WR Gilbert
RB Montgomery
RB Winstead

DE Kepler
DT Figiola
DT Glossip

LB Centers
LB Knipper
LB Clark

But 14 starters back and both the punter and kicker and returning your leading tacklers Knipper and Centers and most of both lines and your D3 SW Ohio player of the year, the Cats have a shot at being very good again.
So your counting every kid that started a game at least once in the season? In that case then it makes it look like they have a lot of returners. If you do the same for Tipp than they return 9 players on both sides of the ball with starting experience
Old 11-17-16, 12:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
So your counting every kid that started a game at least once in the season? In that case then it makes it look like they have a lot of returners. If you do the same for Tipp than they return 9 players on both sides of the ball with starting experience
Not at all, you're the worst kind of troll, unintelligent, you dogged the SWBL all year, said how superior Tipp was etc, Franklin spots you a 21 point lead and you still lose, how did that crow taste? If you started half the year I'd say your considered a returning starter. If you started the previous year and started up until you got hurt this year, and you return I'd say you are a returning starter.

Now go back to your GWOC thread and let us have a civil conversation about our lowly league.
Old 11-17-16, 02:25 PM
Varsity

Hammer0305 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Hang on there buddy! You do realize that the HC only coached one year at the HS level at Massie and the OC never coached HS at Massie. Do I think they are improved and bringing a different attitude to Bellbrook, yes but to say they are a Clinton Massie staff is a little over the top.
Old 11-17-16, 03:56 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not at all, you're the worst kind of troll, unintelligent, you dogged the SWBL all year, said how superior Tipp was etc, Franklin spots you a 21 point lead and you still lose, how did that crow taste? If you started half the year I'd say your considered a returning starter. If you started the previous year and started up until you got hurt this year, and you return I'd say you are a returning starter.

Now go back to your GWOC thread and let us have a civil conversation about our lowly league.
In defense of TippIsGreat (I just said that!), his name should tell you that he is going to be posting about well, how great Tipp is or his name would be TippIsAVG or TippIsTrash. Not sure of the point of the reply you gave him. Maybe Im just getting tooooooo old

Back to the topic at hand, Franklin will be good next year, so will VV. I believe Bellbrook is going to be a tough out for anyone. On the small school side though, not much returning is there? Milton will be good, Carlisle without Reed and low numbers. Maybe Madison?
Old 11-18-16, 04:46 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I like that idea, with Carlisle, but I think Carlisle didn't renew the contract and this is the last year and we will open with Madison in 2018 is the rumor. Would absolutely be huge is Payton came back home this team could be special as he is a great player, but he had a good year at Boro and I believe the family sold their house in Franklin so I don't see him coming back. Sophomore class is not on the level of the juniors or freshman, but they will have enough contributers to be a solid class, you mentioned etter and centers two kids who started as freshman, Figuola played a lot this year on DL and might play guard next year, I look for Kyle Russell to step somewhere next year on the lines, struggling to really think of any other sophomores hopefully I am missing a few. The JV team did go 8-1 so gotta be some talent down there only loss to Edgewood.

Freshman class is loaded and if they hit the weight room we should see some guys get big snaps under the lights next year, really like Gage Johnson he will be a good LB, Passmore should get some snaps at RB same with Bowling. I look for Ryan Russell to step in and play Wr and fill Kinzers roll as hopefully Kinzer can fill the void that Kremer leaves. Kinzer was great Saturday night. All those freshman got their feet wet this year on special teams.

For Franklin it really comes down to how hard they hit the weight room really think they could be as good as this years team, but they gotta get more physical and buy into the strength program, that means more than just what the school offers, great ones are working out with a trainer as well like Matt Muncy at Renegade the more guys we get doing that the more the program will excel.
I know Madison has some strong classes coming up, but would rather see them pick up a bigger school like Miamisburg, Lebanon, Oxford, Fenwick, Alter. I would like 3 true non conference games.
Old 11-18-16, 08:47 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
I know Madison has some strong classes coming up, but would rather see them pick up a bigger school like Miamisburg, Lebanon, Oxford, Fenwick, Alter. I would like 3 true non conference games.
Uh Alter and Fenwick are smaller than Franklin, and Talawanda is in the same division. Madison has some really good players coming up, be careful what you wish for.
Old 11-18-16, 08:58 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

On offense.

LT Etter
RT Glossip

QB White
Wr Kinzer
WR Gilbert
RB Montgomery
RB Winstead

DE Kepler
DT Figiola
DT Glossip

LB Centers
LB Knipper
LB Clark

Uh sorry but 5 of those kids you mentioned , I don't even remember them in the game against Edgewood. Uh they may be world beaters but they did nothing in the game against Edgewood.
Old 11-20-16, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

Rumor has it VV is getting an incoming QB transfer from Waynesville.

Old 11-20-16, 04:24 PM
All Ohio

I understand Fenwick and Alter are smaller than Franklin, not smaller than Carlisle. Madison is D5 if I recall and I do understand madison has a very talented sophomore class coming up. It would be great to play Madison in the crossover gamerican which we have in the past and drop Waynesville. Again I would like to see 3 true non conference games.
Old 11-20-16, 04:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I understand Fenwick and Alter are smaller than Franklin, not smaller than Carlisle. Madison is D5 if I recall and I do understand madison has a very talented sophomore class coming up. It would be great to play Madison in the crossover gamerican which we have in the past and drop Waynesville. Again I would like to see 3 true non conference games.

Madison is D4 with Alter, and Fenwick

Old 11-21-16, 07:18 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
Rumor has it VV is getting an incoming QB transfer from Waynesville.

What qb? Woods is a junior he would be sitting for a year.
Old 11-21-16, 08:44 AM
All American

Doesn't Wood return for VV? Why would he go there and sit behind a returning starter unless he plays another position.
Old 11-21-16, 08:47 AM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Yes, do tell about this so called Waynesville QB headed there. I can tell you this, if they have a QB transferring there, it won't make much of a difference.
Old 11-21-16, 08:49 AM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Also, I don't care how good of a class Madison has, they will get crushed by any of those teams.
Old 11-21-16, 10:55 AM
All American

Well Franklin and Madison open the year in 2018 so that is when those sophomores are seniors so we will find out. What exactly did Chambers injure? Is it going to have any issues with track as I know that might be what he eventually does in college.
Old 11-21-16, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Yes, do tell about this so called Waynesville QB headed there. I can tell you this, if they have a QB transferring there, it won't make much of a difference.

That's all I heard I just put it on here to see if anyone had any further information. I was caught off guard by it too because Colin Wood is only junior

Old 12-11-16, 10:46 PM
All Ohio

So I guess this is old news, but the Bowermaster twins are over at Centerville now. Not sure why, but can't imagine where this program would be without them losing 2 or 3 kids a class. All for D1 programs, these are kids that are home grown and have deep ties to Franklin.
Old 12-12-16, 01:05 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So I guess this is old news, but the Bowermaster twins are over at Centerville now. Not sure why, but can't imagine where this program would be without them losing 2 or 3 kids a class. All for D1 programs, these are kids that are home grown and have deep ties to Franklin.
Come on! Franklin gets better players than they ever lose! White qb Edgewood/Carlisle Kramer wr Carlisle Scott db V V minus those 3 and you finish 7-3 or 6-4. And I'm sure they have many more transfers I don't know. We had 0 kids that I can think of that wasn't always Spartans.
Old 12-12-16, 09:45 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
Come on! Franklin gets better players than they ever lose! White qb Edgewood/Carlisle Kramer wr Carlisle Scott db V V minus those 3 and you finish 7-3 or 6-4. And I'm sure they have many more transfers I don't know. We had 0 kids that I can think of that wasn't always Spartans.
Kremer and Scott were both kids who were at Franklin at least 4 years, White moved to Franklin because his families house burned down from my understanding.

Franklin has lost a ton of talent to transferring Standifer was Springboro's leading tackler. Dylan Jones would have been a star at Franklin but was behind Foley at Springboro.

Losing the Bowermaster's will hurt more when the sophomores are seniors as they were two of the better players in their class and would have been on the field next year somewhere.

I'm sure Franklin wouldn't mind if they get another transfer or two, not like Valley View didn't make a living on it in the Niswonger years, same with Carlisle when they were rolling with Jewell.