Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 10:03 AM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
This is the first week we get an idea of where multiple teams are.
The SHS vs CHS game looks to be a defensive battle. Will either team take some offensive chances or will both play conservative?
The East vs Fairfield game will show where these two teams are. Is East better than expected? Is Fairfield going to take another step to live up to the pre-season predictions?
Can Mason rebound? I think they will at home and Hamilton drops to 1-3. Coach Murphy should have gone with the East scheduling plan. Play some games to get wins in weeks #1 and #2.
West should handle Oak Hills, West secondary will be tested. Larry finds identity.
In the game where there will be plenty of seats, Middletown vs Princeton to see who can get a victory. Two bad teams...people in Middletown should go watch Monroe.
Old 09-12-17, 10:21 AM
All Ohio

coletrain06
Will Eric Phillips be playing against Sycamore? That is a big question IMO.
Old 09-12-17, 10:30 AM
Varsity

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
The SHS vs CHS game looks to be a defensive battle. Will either team take some offensive chances or will both play conservative?
The East vs Fairfield game will show where these two teams are. Is East better than expected? Is Fairfield going to take another step to live up to the pre-season predictions?
Can Mason rebound? I think they will at home and Hamilton drops to 1-3. Coach Murphy should have gone with the East scheduling plan. Play some games to get wins in weeks #1 and #2.
West should handle Oak Hills, West secondary will be tested. Larry finds identity.
In the game where there will be plenty of seats, Middletown vs Princeton to see who can get a victory. Two bad teams...people in Middletown should go watch Monroe.
I agree completely, this is a week to decide if in the GMC " they were who we thought they were" to quote the Late Dennis Green. Lakota West' offense is turrible at best. I havent seen Oak Hills play so I dont know much about their defense, but if they can stop the run Lakota West will struggle to score. If Oak Hills is weak against the run, then LW can put up some points in the ground game with their pee wee league offensive scheme. The RB Afare is a young stud, or their QB Horton on broken down plays. The defense will need to help the offense out with some short fields or Defensive scores.
Old 09-12-17, 11:20 AM
All Region

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I don't think Princeton is a bad team at all. Now if they lose to Middletown that will change. Princeton has played 3 tough road games West Clermont(1st game ever/Sold out game) Springfield( Top 5 team in the 937/ Only lost by 3) Lakota East( 20th year anniversary/ Sold out game). Now with their 4th straight road game to start the season. I think the Vikes get that needed win
Old 09-12-17, 12:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
I don't think Princeton is a bad team at all. Now if they lose to Middletown that will change. Princeton has played 3 tough road games West Clermont(1st game ever/Sold out game) Springfield( Top 5 team in the 937/ Only lost by 3) Lakota East( 20th year anniversary/ Sold out game). Now with their 4th straight road game to start the season. I think the Vikes get that needed win
Vike16, West Clermont isn't very good. East might be ok, and Springfield might be ok. Springfield has beat 3 bad teams and the same with East.
Sold Out games, 20 year reunion, Class reunion, Skyline Chili night, Band night, etc. none of that matters Vike16. You are a loyal Viking student/fan please continue to be so but your team is bad.
The good news is Middletown Friday and Oak Hills in 2 weeks. 2-8 is the best you can do.
Old 09-12-17, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vike16, West Clermont isn't very good. East might be ok, and Springfield might be ok. Springfield has beat 3 bad teams and the same with East.
Sold Out games, 20 year reunion, Class reunion, Skyline Chili night, Band night, etc. none of that matters Vike16. You are a loyal Viking student/fan please continue to be so but your team is bad.
The good news is Middletown Friday and Oak Hills in 2 weeks. 2-8 is the best you can do.
Gotta be careful at Middletown... 3 weeks into this I still haven't figure our who's good. I think St. X is good but can't say anyone else is at the moment.
Old 09-12-17, 03:32 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I said it the other day, I also agree with Vike, Princeton is not horrible. At least that's not what I saw from them.
Old 09-12-17, 06:29 PM
All American

This Friday starts to give more answers....Princeton vs Middletown only tells who is worse.
Old 09-12-17, 08:18 PM
All Region

Carl Rick
I'm not putting Princeton in the top 3 in the GMC. But they play hard and have been competitive. That's not a bad team but a young team. Im a Princeton basketball alumni who supports but is realistic. Coach Daniels will have Princeton competing for the title in a few years. 4-6 this year
Old 09-12-17, 08:25 PM
All Region

Carl Rick Springfield was a playoff team last year with 7 potential D-1 players. Far from a ok team. I will give you West Clermont being ok. But I was talking about the environment that the Vikes played in week 1 being a young team with a new coach
Old 09-13-17, 09:31 AM
All American

Vike, I hope you are correct about the future of Princeton football. The GMC needs them to be competitive. Making the play-offs isn't a big deal. Winning a couple of those tournament games is. 4-6, love your optimism but doubt it based on what I saw vs East.
Old 09-13-17, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
No way is West Clermont is ok. They had 44 total yards against Winton Woods and 58 total yards against LaSalle. I understand that's two outstanding defenses but West Clermont is horrible. Any team that loses to them, I have to consider terrible, ie Princeton. This week will be telling because I think Middletown smells blood in the water and sees a chance to end it's losing streak.
Old 09-13-17, 11:28 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Princeton is not that bad ive said it before will say it again most of the starting lineup this year is first year varsity players. they have good size and numbers out in the total program and winning at other age groups . last year coach started the culture change at Princeton and Daniels is continuing with it . ill be willing to give hm 2-3 years hell we gave that to Calvin who didnt do nothing ..
Old 09-13-17, 11:30 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
Carl Rick
I'm not putting Princeton in the top 3 in the GMC. But they play hard and have been competitive. That's not a bad team but a young team. Im a Princeton basketball alumni who supports but is realistic. Coach Daniels will have Princeton competing for the title in a few years. 4-6 this year
Between Princeton and Middletown I would have to say Princeton has the brightest future based on Princeton having a very competitive freshmen team and Middletown not even having enough players to field a freshmen team this year. For a D1 program that is very disappointing. Hopefully these two storied programs can revive their past.

For Colerain, I would just like to see a competitive basketball program so I can be entertained for the rest of the year. At my age I can't wait much longer.
Old 09-13-17, 12:27 PM
All American

peanut is on a distinguished road
Wink Dillusional

[QUOTE=vikes 87;6835071]Princeton is not that bad ive said it before will say it again most of the starting lineup this year is first year varsity players. they have good size and numbers out in the total program and winning at other age groups . last year coach started the culture change at Princeton and Daniels is continuing with it . ill be willing to give hm 2-3 years hell we gave that to Calvin who didnt do nothing ..[/Q

You gave Coach Cal 1.5 years. He is the reason the program had a winning season last year. Everyone knew last years team would be 6-4 or 7-3, that knows football. Y'all used him and that's swell
To say he did nothing for the kids shows your ignorance.
If no one else will address it. I hope the program does well in two or three years or they will turn on M.D. (eat their own) Crowley couldn't coach a group of first graders and he got three years.
It's a dam shame we put time limits on high school Coaches when it took longer than 2-3 years to destroy it.
Old 09-13-17, 12:52 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=peanut;6835128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
Princeton is not that bad ive said it before will say it again most of the starting lineup this year is first year varsity players. they have good size and numbers out in the total program and winning at other age groups . last year coach started the culture change at Princeton and Daniels is continuing with it . ill be willing to give hm 2-3 years hell we gave that to Calvin who didnt do nothing ..[/Q

You gave Coach Cal 1.5 years. He is the reason the program had a winning season last year. Everyone knew last years team would be 6-4 or 7-3, that knows football. Y'all used him and that's swell
If no one else will address it. I hope the program does well in two or three years or they will turn on M.D. (eat their own) Crowley couldn't coach a group of first graders and he got three years.
It's a dam shame we put time limits on high school Coaches when it took longer than 2-3 years to destroy it.
So, McLaughlin had nothing to do with their success last year? But a guy that went 2-8, 3-7 laid the ground work for them to go 7-3 the following year?

McLaughlin was successful at Moeller, Reading and now LaSalle, but should thank Cal for setting him up at Princeton??

Now who's dillusional, (delusional)?
Old 09-13-17, 01:26 PM
All American

Glasses required

[QUOTE=BaBa au Rum;6835150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post

So, McLaughlin had nothing to do with their success last year? But a guy that went 2-8, 3-7 laid the ground work for them to go 7-3 the following year?

McLaughlin was successful at Moeller, Reading and now LaSalle, but should thank Cal for setting him up at Princeton??

Now who's dillusional, (delusional)?
Never said anything about Pat being a Good or bad coach.
What I said is Princeton Would have been 6-4 or 7-3 at worse with that group of kids. Reading is fundamental. Pat would have also struggled this year at Princeton with this group. He didn't play alot of underclassman knowing he was short term for the program. Just as Lasalle's stock was not dry when he took that program over.
Old 09-13-17, 09:41 PM
All American

What I observed last season with Princeton was the most organized and disciplined they had been since Coach Mancuso. Coach Daniels is learning the trade and I hope he learns quickly for the betterment of Princeton.
Old 09-14-17, 06:13 AM
All American

Quote:
What I observed last season with Princeton was the most organized and disciplined they had been since Coach Mancuso. Coach Daniels is learning the trade and I hope he learns quickly for the betterment of Princeton.
Old 09-14-17, 08:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Exactly! You get that with great coaches!

That's what McLaughlin brought and that's what I believe Daniels will continue. We'll see how organized and disciplined Deer Park is.
Old 09-14-17, 08:52 AM
All District

[QUOTE=peanut;6835199]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post

What I said is Princeton Would have been 6-4 or 7-3 at worse with that group of kids. Reading is fundamental. Pat would have also struggled this year at Princeton with this group. He didn't play alot of underclassman knowing he was short term for the program. Just as Lasalle's stock was not dry when he took that program over.
Quote:
Reading is fundamental, so is spelling.

Moving on, In one post you say Cal's the reason for a good 2016 year, in another you say that team could have coached themselves, yet in a 3rd you agree that last years team is the most organized and disciplined since the early 90's?

So, which is it?
A. McLaughlin came in with his GCL background of organized, disciplined football and a good O & D scheme. 2 state championships
B. Cal left them and they all of a sudden became organized, disciplined and had a O & D scheme.
C. The players in 2016 coached themselves.

I disagree that he would have struggled this year. In fact, I would add that they would have been even better this year. LaSalle has not dried up, but they aren't as talented as in years past, neither was last years team. He got Reading to the playoffs during his time there also.

Princeton's issues have not been just coaching, they've had some pretty decent coaching. Open enrollment, parents, lack of discipline have all played a part.
Old 09-14-17, 08:59 AM
All District

[QUOTE=peanut;6835199]
Quote:

[QUOTE=You gave Coach Cal 1.5 years. He is the reason the program had a winning season last year. Everyone knew last years team would be 6-4 or 7-3, that knows football. Y'all used him and that's swell
It's a dam shame we put time limits on high school Coaches when it took longer than 2-3 years to destroy it.[/QUOTE]

Reading is fundamental, so is spelling.

Moving on, In one post you say Cal's the reason for a good 2016 year, in another you say that team could have coached themselves, yet in a 3rd you agree that last years team is the most organized and disciplined since the early 90's?

So, which is it?
A. McLaughlin came in with his GCL background of organized, disciplined football and a good O & D scheme. 2 state championships
B. Cal left them and they all of a sudden became organized, disciplined and had a O & D scheme.
C. The players in 2016 coached themselves.

I disagree that he would have struggled this year. In fact, I would add that they would have been even better this year. LaSalle has not dried up, but they aren't as talented as in years past, neither was last years team. He got Reading to the playoffs during his time there also.

Princeton's issues have not been just coaching, they've had some pretty decent coaching. Open enrollment, parents, lack of discipline have all played a part.
Old 09-14-17, 01:03 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
East-Fairfield

Dobrozsi, unbeaten Thunderhawks rolling into Fairfield

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...EaGuvn3wpAVPM/
Old 09-14-17, 01:52 PM
All American

Hamilton-Mason

Comeback win boosts Big Blue toward Mason matchup

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...9nfhPK0P7dXAO/
Old 09-14-17, 02:32 PM
All American

Middletown-Princeton

Winless Middies, Vikings looking to break out

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...uAe06y1Pa9MEI/
Old 09-14-17, 06:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Exactly! You get that with great coaches!

That's what McLaughlin brought and that's what I believe Daniels will continue. We'll see how organized and disciplined Deer Park is.
I could care less about Deer Park lol!!! I'm just putting out there that princeton is cheering on a guy that used them as step ladder to get to where he wanted to go in first place GCL. so you can KMA... lol... Princeton will continue to be used by GCL until leadership changes . once again nothin against Pat but wasn't vested in Princeton from get go now so let's really open up a discussion chums!!!! one and done saved princeton though. Lets go
Old 09-14-17, 08:54 PM
All American

cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
CF will Waycross be doing the Colerain game?
Old 09-14-17, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
CF will Waycross be doing the Colerain game?
No. Waycross will be back at Colerain to cover the Lakota East and Lakota West matchups.

However...we will be broadcasting the game with video. Won't be nearly the production quality of Waycross but it will be something.

Can't stress enough, if you can make it, go to the game. The atmosphere will be great tomorrow night and so will the weather. The Cage is one of the best places to watch a game in the city.

-CardinalsFan
Old 09-15-17, 12:55 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
No. Waycross will be back at Colerain to cover the Lakota East and Lakota West matchups.

However...we will be broadcasting the game with video. Won't be nearly the production quality of Waycross but it will be something.

Can't stress enough, if you can make it, go to the game. The atmosphere will be great tomorrow night and so will the weather. The Cage is one of the best places to watch a game in the city.

-CardinalsFan
Can you post a link please
Old 09-15-17, 07:41 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
It's game day Yappsters! Hard to believe it's week 4 already!

Enjoy every moment-the season will keep flying by!