Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-07-17, 06:13 PM
Junior Varsity

puavingtondolla is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
You started an account on here to bash a Coach of a school you allegedly support...and you're telling me I live through yappi? You probably don't wake up til noon everyday so I get why reading this at 5 am could be a little foreign to you. I once bashed my schools coach on yappi when I was in high school...aaahhh to be young again.

East will be 3-0 after this week.
No not to bash a coach just to state an opinion on my views, I won't be late to the bus but I'll see you in the morning driving it
Old 09-07-17, 06:25 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Since your preseason prediction was so accurate, I'd love to hear your views on the 2-0 start.

In your original post you cited Les Miles being fired at LSU as an example of why the East coach should be fired. That gave me a good laugh after a long day. Keep those opinions coming.
Old 09-07-17, 07:05 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Everybody just step lightly when talking about East's great 2-0 start. They beat Walnut Hills by 3 points and Kings by 7. I'm taking them over Princeton tomorrow only because they are at home.
Old 09-07-17, 07:17 PM
All Region

I have no affiliation to East and honestly I could care less what their record is. I find it entertaining that the original poster of this thread kept predicting a winless season (based on there horrible coach and his awful system)and the Hawks have started 2-0.
Old 09-08-17, 07:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Everybody just step lightly when talking about East's great 2-0 start. They beat Walnut Hills by 3 points and Kings by 7. I'm taking them over Princeton tomorrow only because they are at home.
I couldn't agree more. I am impressed with the hawks wins but who have they played....?
Old 09-08-17, 07:03 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
East 11-0 half
Old 09-08-17, 09:37 PM
All World

East continues the losing streak, beating the Vikings 24-14
Old 09-08-17, 09:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by puavingtondolla View Post
I couldn't agree more. I am impressed with the hawks wins but who have they played....?
3-0 Homey. Far from winless. Haynes system looks good!
Old 09-09-17, 12:05 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
East continues the losing streak, beating the Vikings 24-14
Well on there way to 0 and wait.....no 3-0!
Old 09-09-17, 09:18 AM
All Region

Do you still think only Colerain and Georgia Tech are the only teams that should be running triple option?
Old 09-10-17, 08:19 AM
All Region

The title of this thread and the OP still makes me chuckle. I'm waiting for your analysis on the 3-0 start.
Old 09-10-17, 11:33 AM
Freshman

flyeaglesfly is on a distinguished road
keep rolling
Old 09-10-17, 05:43 PM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Looks at record.
Old 09-13-17, 07:59 PM
Junior Varsity

I am impressed in the hawks thus far, we will see what happens when they actually play an actual team.. Peter lets see what happens after this week
Old 09-13-17, 09:11 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
3-1 after FF, beat OH 4-1, and then West. West will be 1-4 and the game is a toss up.
East could very well be 5-1.
Old 09-14-17, 12:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
3-1 after FF, beat OH 4-1, and then West. West will be 1-4 and the game is a toss up.
East could very well be 5-1.
Could be 6-0 or could be 4-2, or honestly could be 3-3. That's the type of team East is. They don't sport a ton of talent, which exposes them to subpar teams (Oak Hills), but due to how their offense can be a controlling force in a game, they can beat better teams (Fairfield) as long as the score is kept close. Fairfield looks to possibly have been exposed as an overrated team compared to what most thought they would be this year. Are they actually overrated? I don't know, but that's the exact type of team East beats. West is clearly not where they usually are most years as well. So no reason to think East can come out with a 6-0 record. But again, 3-3 is almost as good of a possibility.

Personally I'd like to see them come out of this next run of games at 5-1, but in my opinion they really need to be 6-0 to be in a real playoff position. It's not like Fairfield and West are beating any one of note right now, so even beating them probably wont bring in a plethora of Harbin points. Will they make noise in the playoffs? Eh, chances are they are 1 and done, but you can't make any noise if you aren't even invited. So focus should be on the first step of taking advantage of every opportunity afforded them to win games (Fairfield and West are offering those opportunities), then start thinking playoffs. After that, who knows.
Old 09-14-17, 03:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
I am impressed in the hawks thus far, we will see what happens when they actually play an actual team.. Peter lets see what happens after this week
Are you impressed with the coaching staff and play calling? 2nd leading rusher in the city. Does the offense still need to change.?
Old 09-14-17, 07:58 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Could be 6-0 or could be 4-2, or honestly could be 3-3. That's the type of team East is. They don't sport a ton of talent, which exposes them to subpar teams (Oak Hills), but due to how their offense can be a controlling force in a game, they can beat better teams (Fairfield) as long as the score is kept close. Fairfield looks to possibly have been exposed as an overrated team compared to what most thought they would be this year. Are they actually overrated? I don't know, but that's the exact type of team East beats. West is clearly not where they usually are most years as well. So no reason to think East can come out with a 6-0 record. But again, 3-3 is almost as good of a possibility.

Personally I'd like to see them come out of this next run of games at 5-1, but in my opinion they really need to be 6-0 to be in a real playoff position. It's not like Fairfield and West are beating any one of note right now, so even beating them probably wont bring in a plethora of Harbin points. Will they make noise in the playoffs? Eh, chances are they are 1 and done, but you can't make any noise if you aren't even invited. So focus should be on the first step of taking advantage of every opportunity afforded them to win games (Fairfield and West are offering those opportunities), then start thinking playoffs. After that, who knows.
Philly, after looking at the Joe Eitel site I think East could get into the playoffs at 7 - 3.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/regio...on=4&year=2017

As for the game it should be a good one. Given how FF has played through the first three weeks of the season I have no reason to be optimistic they will win this game. I do think that after the Sycamore/Colerain game this is the next biggest GMC match up as LE strives to convince people they are for real and FF tries to crawl out of the hole their 0 - 2 start has left them.

One other comment involves whether FF was "overrated" this year. I think those of us who follow the Indians believe that top to bottom FF will be stronger over the next three years than this season. At least on paper. In spite of having two top recruits the challenge FF faced was breaking in a very young & inexperienced offense, particularly with the injury to their senior RB (he's back now). That's why I am cautiously optimistic about how the rest of the season might go. Proper execution on offense has been a problem and IMO is due primarily to inexperience. If they can get past that the Indians will be an improving team as the season progresses.
Old 09-14-17, 09:46 AM
All American

Is Fairfield this year another version of Lakota West? Larry doesn't win big so they promote his recruits. All of the FF hype was focused on their potential recruits. Meanwhile the teams....Sycamore, East, Mason, and soon to be Colerain are winning games. A side note....kudos to all of these HS coaches. This site leads to some fun conversation but in the big picture we should always give credit to all of the HS coaches who dedicate their time to helping HS athletes.
Old 09-14-17, 01:02 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
East-Fairfield

Dobrozsi, unbeaten Thunderhawks rolling into Fairfield

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...EaGuvn3wpAVPM/
Old 09-14-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

BlueFan82 is on a distinguished road
Well, THIS post didn't age very well!

Quote:
Lakota East football season can be summed up in one letter and it starts with the first letter of their name... L I do not claim this do to the talent of the team but the majority of the coaching is absolutely below subpar. There is no team out there besides Colerain and Georgia tech that should be running the triple option. Mothers, fathers, friends, little kids know what Lakota east is running I can tell you right now.. RIGHT up the middle.. as an overall record of 40-44 obviously Lakota Easts Richard Haynes the offensive coordinator and head coach should really realize it does not work. Les miles was 141-55 an incredible record but was released. under Ricks command the hawks have been 40-44 and are just falling more and more being a fan I hope to see them change their offense or rick to step down. if not I can tell you the next ten games will be hard to win 1 I do not believe their will be a winning game or a winning season as Richard is the coach.
Old 09-14-17, 01:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Is Fairfield this year another version of Lakota West? Larry doesn't win big so they promote his recruits. All of the FF hype was focused on their potential recruits. Meanwhile the teams....Sycamore, East, Mason, and soon to be Colerain are winning games. A side note....kudos to all of these HS coaches. This site leads to some fun conversation but in the big picture we should always give credit to all of the HS coaches who dedicate their time to helping HS athletes.
Not at all CR. This is the first year in my memory that FF has had recruits of this stature. And while external people were hyping FF due to these two outstanding players my sense was that internally they knew that the team was young and had a lot of holes to fill from last year, particularly on offense.

I also think FF's OOC schedule was tougher then most people thought it would be going into the season with Centerville & Northmont being a combined 5 - 1 with the Bolts giving a good Winton Woods team all they could handle in a close loss.
Old 09-14-17, 03:31 PM
All District

micketty is on a distinguished road
Lotr10-did Coach Krause not call this team the best he has coached?
Old 09-14-17, 05:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by micketty View Post
Lotr10-did Coach Krause not call this team the best he has coached?
I think I saw something along those lines in a pre-season Journal News interview but I believe he was talking about only his FF teams (he clearly had a couple of Middletown teams better than anything he's had so far in FF) and he added some other "coach speak" caveats.

The question is whether FF was "over hyped" and I can only go by the following:

* Among some FF fans I know there was optimism but also concern about the inexperience on offense.

* In the GMC coaches poll the Indians were picked to finish second which still may turn out to be a decent prognostication. To me had the Indian's been picked to replace Colerain at the top then I would agree they were definitely being hyped.

I guess I just see a difference between a team being "over hyped" and being optimistic about the upcoming season. Having a couple of blue chip recruits on the line gave people in Indian country a reason to be excited. And I did expect them to be 3 - 0 at this point. In my pre-season forecast I had them losing to Colerain and either Mason or Sycamore to finish 8 - 2 for the season. So sure I'm disappointed about losing to CV & NM. But so far it's fair to say that both those teams are better then folks thought they were going to be as we entered the season.
Old 09-15-17, 09:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Harambe4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
48-14 Drubbing by the Indians. That was the most unprepared high school team I've seen in many, many years. It was 27-0 in the first quarter. The truckload of pickle juice from the Vlasic factory must not of made it to West Chester in time.
Old 09-16-17, 12:40 AM
All American

Fairfield is better at just about every position. East schedules well. The style of play that East plays makes it difficult to beat teams when their talent is equal or less. They are throwing it a little more but they are very simple to prepare for.
Old 09-16-17, 12:49 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Fairfield-East

Fairfield flashes championship-level play in routing East

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...hnLpfWEluXRgJ/
Old 09-16-17, 09:39 PM
All American

The match up with Oak Hills is interesting. I don't think OH belongs in the GMC for multiple reasons. They just played the prospect filled West team to the wire. Going into the season I wouldn't have thought OH couldn't hang with East but now I wonder.
Old 09-20-17, 08:31 PM
Junior Varsity

@ Peter the dragon what did I say was going to happen when they played a Real team now get out of here you little rat, WHATTTT happen yeah man get out of here you little squid I can't see you on my post anymore
Old 09-20-17, 08:31 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Fairfield flashes championship-level play in routing East

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...hnLpfWEluXRgJ/
what happens when they play an actual team