Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-17, 07:07 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 4: Marlington Dukes (2-1) at Louisville Leopards (0-3)

NBC play begins this week! Marlington is coming off a 47-0 win over St. Thomas Aquinas and Louisville fell at Fitch 42-21 last night. Marlington will look to snap their spell when playing at Louisville (1-24), while the Leopards get to restart their season with one last chance to win the NBC!

Who do you got? Let's hear your thoughts and enjoy the links to past video below of this rivalry!

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. Marlington Dukes Football All-Time Series

Past Highlights

1971 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

1985 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

1986 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights & Recap

1992 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

1993 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights & Recap

1994 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

1997 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights & Recap

1999 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

2001 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

2002 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights & Recap

2006 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights & Recap

2011 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2012 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2013 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Video Highlights & Recap

JV VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

2012 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2014 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

FRESHMAN VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

2011 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap

2012 Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-17, 07:22 AM
Freshman

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
2 big wins, a ton of young players with a lot of confidence and a defense playing with an edge...I will take the Dukes by 7...
Old 09-09-17, 07:55 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Can Louisville crawl off the mat? I'll take them in a nail biter
Old 09-09-17, 08:17 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I really don't know if we can win next week or win the NBC. I do think that counting our scrimmages we have seen 5 teams(Lake, Hoban, Canfield, Hoover, Fitch)that are better than any team we will see in the NBC.
Old 09-10-17, 08:14 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
It looks like Drew Pasteur has picked Marlington by 3 with a 56% chance of winning.

http://fantastic50.net/team197.html
Old 09-10-17, 09:33 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
I really don't know if we can win next week or win the NBC. I do think that counting our scrimmages we have seen 5 teams(Lake, Hoban, Canfield, Hoover, Fitch)that are better than any team we will see in the NBC.
Well between your scrimmages and first three games that's a brutal start. Louisville might be the best 0 and 3 team in Ohio. This is going to come down to taking care of the ball and special teams. Either way it's a 7 point game.
Old 09-10-17, 11:39 AM
All District

mrroosevelt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Well between your scrimmages and first three games that's a brutal start. Louisville might be the best 0 and 3 team in Ohio. This is going to come down to taking care of the ball and special teams. Either way it's a 7 point game.
Aurora 0-3
Substantially better than Louisville and in the same Division/Region.
Old 09-11-17, 09:14 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Your being far too kind to us Leps fans. Almost 1100 yards in 3 games!!! That is usually a seasons worth some years.

We are going independent next year and although we replaced Fitch with Lake, that is not much easier.. and without the NBC the schedule is much tough with the likes of Perry, Green, Central and Massillon. So we better get ready to do something different.

I guess the most frustrating thing for all of us to watch is the inability to even try to do something different especially on the defensive side of the ball. I know the personnel and talent play a part, but you have to at least try to make an adjustment and we never do. Its very frustrating to watch.

This is one of the weaker teams we have had over the last 10 or so years. If we are successful it the NBC it will just show how far above the NBC our program really is, thus supporting the need to move out of the league.
Old 09-11-17, 10:58 AM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Are we attempting to build for the future or are we going out every week and trying to win? IMO you can't do both. By watching I can't tell what we're doing. If your going out to win..your best 11 are on the field at all times, I don't care if your a senior or a sophomore, the best possible at every position is out there, regardless who has to go both ways. I don't really see that. If your building for the future very few go both ways, because your trying to get as many young guys out there to gain experience as possible. I don't really see that either. As an example...if we're not going to make an attempt to run the ball consistantly, why are we putting 26 on offense when we're using him on defense? Play the sophomore more and let 26 concentrate on getting to the QB. On the flip side, 68 didn't go both ways last week and we made some changes to the D-line that put a junior out there gaining experience. 68 now focuses on anchoring the o-line. Are we not making schematic changes on defense because we're teaching a hard lesson that this is our defense and come hell or high water your gonna learn it? Or is it, if we can't learn the defense we've worked on for the last two months, we have no shot at learning something new.
All I know is this is a very young team that seems lost when it comes to fundamentals, point your finger at the jimmies and joes or point your finger at the teachers, either way something has to give. This isn't Louisville football we're watching. We need to hit the reset button and come out looking like a team that's getting better, the status quo will surely chalk up another loss.
Old 09-11-17, 11:18 AM
Freshman

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
After week one I started to look a little deeper then just who is making plays and who isn't. I watched sideline mannerism, timeout behavior, on field attitude, and such to see who is leading this team. In the past we have always had a couple of strong SR leaders either on O or on D or sometimes both. I know its been stated several times about the youth movement of this team, and I see it more then just those making plays. The not good news for the present, but great news for the future is that from what I am seeing the most vocal and the players leading with attitude are three JRs and a Sophomore.
Old 09-11-17, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
The fact Marlington is 1-24 at our place should be encouraging for the young Leps to get their first win of the season. The last time Louisville started a season 0-3 was 2003. Faced a 3-0 Marlington team to start NBC play and demolished them, ended up making the playoffs, and winning one playoff game that year. Marlington doesn't have team speed like some of the other teams we have faced. I think the defense comes together this week and gets it done. Offense should flourish against Marlington's pass defense. Leps win big.
Old 09-12-17, 12:14 PM
All District

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
No way Louisville goes winless through 4 games. I like the meat grinder ooc schedule better than any win Marlington has. Louisville still from top to bottom has THE best talent in our conference.
Old 09-12-17, 12:35 PM
All American

Poland is just as tough this season as all the schools Louisville has played this far
Old 09-12-17, 12:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
No way Louisville goes winless through 4 games. I like the meat grinder ooc schedule better than any win Marlington has. Louisville still from top to bottom has THE best talent in our conference.

I would agree offensively however defensively that is an open debate.
Old 09-12-17, 01:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Louisville historically has only three seasons they were 0-4 through the first four games (1934, 1986, 1987). Only two seasons they were 0-5 and 0-6 (1986,1987) to start the season. Historical consideration suggests a win.
Old 09-12-17, 02:09 PM
Freshman

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Poland is just as tough this season as all the schools Louisville has played this far
One could actually argue that Poland could be the best of the 4 teams when the year shakes out. Now having said that, and not trying to speak for him, but maybe he meant 12 quarters of solid football vs 4 for the Dukes and 8 quarters of powder puff?

Last edited by Leopard4life; 09-12-17 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 03:03 PM
All District

Look, alot of people take pot shots at Louisville for whatever dumb reason they might have but there is no denying that year in and year out they play the toughest ooc schedule. Take the totality of the first 3 weeks of each teams schedule and it's not even close who is the most battle tested heading into conference play. Plus, no way does that team start 0-4. Just my opinion fellas
Old 09-12-17, 04:15 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Good luck Louisville.
Old 09-12-17, 05:18 PM
All American

Nobody is taking any shot towards them at all, you just needed corrected on a statement, give all the credit to Louisville for scheduling how they do, I. That conference if they get on a roll they will
Make it to week 11
Old 09-12-17, 07:09 PM
All District

Quote:
Nobody is taking any shot towards them at all, you just needed corrected on a statement, give all the credit to Louisville for scheduling how they do, I. That conference if they get on a roll they will
Make it to week 11
First of all, I didn't mean to imply that you were taking shots at them so try not to be so sensitive. Secondly, I didn't need correcting from you on anything. I don't care if the combined record of the three teams Louisville has played already was 0-9 and Marlingtons was 9-0, it still is a tougher ooc schedule than Marlington has played. Third, you don't know much about high school athletics or Northeastern Buckeye Conference athletics if you think nobody rips on Louisville. Why the heck do you think that they are a year away from being a school without a conference?
Old 09-12-17, 08:44 PM
Freshman

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
I like Louisville by 14. Louisville's non league schedule is impressive, both teams are pretty young- I think Louisville will be more battle tested coming into this game. I do think there is a lot o parody this year in the NBC, not because the others are catching up to Louisville but because louisville is down a little. They are a good program and improve every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-17, 04:07 AM
All American

Quote:
First of all, I didn't mean to imply that you were taking shots at them so try not to be so sensitive. Secondly, I didn't need correcting from you on anything. I don't care if the combined record of the three teams Louisville has played already was 0-9 and Marlingtons was 9-0, it still is a tougher ooc schedule than Marlington has played. Third, you don't know much about high school athletics or Northeastern Buckeye Conference athletics if you think nobody rips on Louisville. Why the heck do you think that they are a year away from being a school without a conference?

They don't get ripped on, it's jealous schools who can't compete with them, they always schedule tough and that's why they do so well down the stretch, if anyone's sensitive it's you, it's obvious Louisville is a better program then marlington 9/10 years, and everyone else in the NBC
Old 09-13-17, 12:47 PM
All District

Quote:
They don't get ripped on, it's jealous schools who can't compete with them, they always schedule tough and that's why they do so well down the stretch, if anyone's sensitive it's you, it's obvious Louisville is a better program then marlington 9/10 years, and everyone else in the NBC
Whatever you say bud
Old 09-13-17, 03:23 PM
Freshman

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pretty poor statement Buckeye Elite- Louisville has a great program - no denying that - I haven't seen a post yet that suggests otherwise. But Jealous and sensitive? the fact is back in 1990 the Louisville Administration did the right thing be running from the Federal League. They could not compete and were losing kids to St. Thomas consistently. They made a bold move to get into a new NBC league. Eventually they started winning and became dominant and it only helped the school - to their credit - but most of the schools in the NBC have at least 100 less boys now and decided to do what's best for there kids - which is right size the league, although I still can't figure out why Alliance and Marlington are still in the league since they have similar enrollments? I do feel bad for Louisville because they have no place to go. They really can't get in the Fed because within a few years they will be the basement dwellers. Below is your 9 year run to get you out of the FED!!! Doesn't look too dominant and it will only be worse now.

1982 5 5 0
1983 5 5 0
1984 6 4 0
1985 4 6 0
1986 1 9 0
1987 2 8 0
1988 3 7 0
1989 3 7 0
Old 09-13-17, 07:19 PM
All American

I'm
Not a Louisville fan so it's coming from an outside looking in view, I don't care about 30-49 years ago, I'm a realist and live in the now not the then
Old 09-13-17, 10:00 PM
All Ohio

Louisville posters awful quiet this week. Sense a lack of confidence going into this game or is the pain of losing derailing enthusiasm? Go Leps!
Old 09-13-17, 11:45 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Louisville in a close one. Better schedule up to this point. They break through with the win.
Old 09-14-17, 09:01 AM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Louisville posters awful quiet this week. Sense a lack of confidence going into this game or is the pain of losing derailing enthusiasm? Go Leps!
a MUST win for Louisville...their future depends on it
Old 09-14-17, 09:35 AM
All District

Lion40 is on a distinguished road
I say leps by 14, those 2 wins were against weak teams. Poland is tough, even on a solid Marlington team they usually barely get by so going with loiusville.
Old 09-14-17, 10:46 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
It looks like Drew Pasteur has picked Marlington by 3 with a 56% chance of winning.

http://fantastic50.net/team197.html

I think you misread the prediction. The one you posted was for Marlington/Poland. Drew Pasteur currently has Marlington by 7 with a 66% probability of winning.