Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-18, 07:00 PM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
No doubt.

This new guy will never be successful with all the pressure and no support. I seriously doubt they're not aligned.

It's what they're aligned on is the mystery. For once, I would love to hear from the AD and the Principal what their strategy is for increasing enrollment, and not the "we will take anyone that wants to come here" mantra we've heard for 20 years.

It starts at the top. Feeding these Admission Directors as scapegoats isn't what leadership is all about. Leaders create the vision, the Adm Director executes it. They can't hide from that.
Right seems kind of backwards at Elder on this issue. The Admissions guy has the vision (at least he spoke on his vision)and will need help and support in my opinion from Everyone attempting to execute his vision. The Administration ever send out any type of response to the Survey they sent to Alumni? Does Ruffing or head of the Board ever give like a State of Elder speech or anything once a year or every few years?
Old 10-29-18, 07:05 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
The Administration ever send out any type of response to the Survey they sent to Alumni? Does Ruffing or head of the Board ever give like a State of Elder speech or anything once a year or every few years?
Great questions.

That survey deserves a read-out of the results in some fashion. I'm hopeful it wasn't something they did to calm people down, and then hope everyone forgets about it.

Not only does it pertain to the issue of athletics and enrollment, but specifically to the event at the basketball game. Here we are, nearing basketball season in the following year, and nothing has been communicated about what's changed, and what's new going forward.

Like I said, I'm hopeful they are still working on it, and didn't do it just as a ploy to shut people up.
Old 10-30-18, 11:54 AM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budda View Post
I realize that everyone on here are experts on Elder and everyone has an inside track on information that are breaking news for the rest of us. But for anyone to call out the AD about his beliefs on what kids need to be at Elder versus the ones that arent welcome is total BS. That responsibility belongs with the administration and development department. He's an Elder guy jut like the rest of us and has kids that will someday attend there just like many teachers and coaches before him. If by chance a young man wants to come to Elder is certainly wont be because of what the AD says! The coaches are truly the only ones who can try and make a connection with the non-feeder kids if thats what you all want. I'm very certain that many of families over at St. James and Ignatius are extremely tied of the BS going on over on Northbend.

Plain and simple, the AD needs to get some pub for focusing on the improvements being made at Elder PERIOD and he should give a damn who gets to use it in the future. Flooded Fieldhouse, New Gym Floor, New Workout center and dealing with the downtown and the donors. Scheduling of all sports is done by the AD not the coaches. Insurance and reviewing grades, again all done by the AD. Setting up travel for the visiting teams - AD. Banquets

I get tied of hearing all the nonesense about the AD's at Elder and what their job is and what they think. Sorry for my rant but the next few months falls on the new development guy to build a plan and work the plan.
There seems to be some confusion on who the other poster was talking about. Like you I took the other posters comments to mean athletic director. Maybe when he said AD he meant the admissions director.
Old 10-30-18, 12:00 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
Has the ADís actions shown you he is interested in non feeders? A lot of things at Elder are business as usual and outdated. Talk is cheap letís see some action! Not saying AD is totally against non feeders but is he pursuing and doing what he can to engage non feeders? Agree 100% with Purple Reign #2 point from his post above.
I agree with you. I'm hopeful the new Admissions Director will be able shake things up. I was impressed with his interview on PSRN. But he's going to have to have support and actual help from the rest of the administration. Like Purple Reign that is where I'm skeptical.
Old 10-30-18, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
I agree with you. I'm hopeful the new Admissions Director will be able shake things up. I was impressed with his interview on PSRN. But he's going to have to have support and actual help from the rest of the administration. Like Purple Reign that is where I'm skeptical.
Not to be sarcastic, but why would he have been hired if he didnít have their support?
Old 10-30-18, 12:24 PM
Varsity

Budda
Quote:
There seems to be some confusion on who the other poster was talking about. Like you I took the other posters comments to mean athletic director. Maybe when he said AD he meant the admissions director.
I think you may be right. Sorry Guys....lost my mind for a moment.
Go Panthers.

I do agree that we need to let the new admin form the plan and work the plan over the next year plus.
Old 10-30-18, 12:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budda View Post
I think you may be right. Sorry Guys....lost my mind for a moment.
Go Panthers.

I do agree that we need to let the new admin form the plan and work the plan over the next year plus.

This is exhausting. I literally get physically worn out from reading all of the panic and despair.
Old 10-30-18, 03:09 PM
All American

Quote:
The AD has to be involved/on board with the Admissions Director and the Administration for all this to work. Will take Everyones support to execute Admissions Directors plan thatís my main point. Iím very very skeptical that Everyone at Elders is on board with Admissions Directors vision or plan.
Old 10-30-18, 03:17 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Also not sure why this "the sky is falling" talk has come up. Honestly, those that think that are about 5 years behind alot of people who have been saying this stuff on deaf ears.

Change is hard enough. Change in a very traditional, pride and value driven, insulated environment is very, very, very hard. Views and attitudes still remain tremendously insulated. Most people that work there were brought up with and a specific value structure and way of life where they can't see the world outside of it.

It's not that that way of thinking is bad, it just won't work in a drastic changing environment.
Old 11-05-18, 11:17 AM
Junior Varsity

WorkRoadSammy is on a distinguished road
GCYL Divisions 1 Finals:
Pony - Victory (Club) 8 vs. St. James (Club) 6
Reserve - St. James (Club) 22 vs. Lourdes 0
Varsity - SASEAS (Club) 16 vs. IHM 14

Went to all 3 games. Pony game was a ton of fun to watch. Reserve St. James Player is a man already. Varsity was a great game. SEASEA running back is really good and so is IHM Linebacker and QB. Fun weekend of Grade School football, despite no Visi representation. Visi needs to form a club team like the rest of the league.
Old 11-05-18, 11:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkRoadSammy View Post
GCYL Divisions 1 Finals:
Pony - Victory (Club) 8 vs. St. James (Club) 6
Reserve - St. James (Club) 22 vs. Lourdes 0
Varsity - SASEAS (Club) 16 vs. IHM 14

Went to all 3 games. Pony game was a ton of fun to watch. Reserve St. James Player is a man already. Varsity was a great game. SEASEA running back is really good and so is IHM Linebacker and QB. Fun weekend of Grade School football, despite no Visi representation. Visi needs to form a club team like the rest of the league.
Visi and Lourdes are already Club Teams according to some
Old 11-05-18, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Visi and Lourdes are already Club Teams according to some
Visitation is still a single parish program and Lourdes has - Martins and Catherine's for several years now. Not sure what you mean by club team?
Old 11-05-18, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork View Post
Visitation is still a single parish program and Lourdes has - Martins and Catherine's for several years now. Not sure what you mean by club team?
There have been a few players on recent Visitation teams that have gone to Taylor or Bridgetown instead of Visi. First time in awhile there hasn't been a Visitation team in the Finals at any level (5th grade D4 doesn't count) and some clown is complaining and saying they should make a "club" team. Priceless.

Lourdes was one of the first teams to combine with other schools when they picked up St Catherine and St Martin - their Varsity team this year also included St Antoninus and St Teresa.
Old 11-05-18, 01:05 PM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
There have been a few players on recent Visitation teams that have gone to Taylor or Bridgetown instead of Visi. First time in awhile there hasn't been a Visitation team in the Finals at any level (5th grade D4 doesn't count) and some clown is complaining and saying they should make a "club" team. Priceless.

Lourdes was one of the first teams to combine with other schools when they picked up St Catherine and St Martin - their Varsity team this year also included St Antoninus and St Teresa.
St. William always had Holy Family and Res with them back to even when I was there....early 80's....St Lawrence kids always played for Teresa too in that time period.....so there were "club" teams back then too......of course, St. Dominic was the evil empire back then.
Old 11-05-18, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post

I don't know anything about the Bridgetown kids, the Taylor kid they are referring too was at Visitation the last 7 years and moved schools this year.
Old 11-05-18, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

Apparently the Titans have a game this Sat at the Pit. Thatís good to see.
Old 11-05-18, 04:37 PM
All American

Quote:
According to another poster on here, if All kids on the team donít attend whatever school the name on the jersey says then this person considers them ďClubĒ. I find this comical so I poke fun when given the opportunity too.
Old 11-05-18, 07:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
According to another poster on here, if All kids on the team donít attend whatever school the name on the jersey says then this person considers them ďClubĒ. I find this comical so I poke fun when given the opportunity too.
Easy target to poke at. Bottom line is the game has changed and so has the teams in the league.
Old 11-05-18, 09:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Easy target to poke at. Bottom line is the game has changed and so has the teams in the league.
I am fully aware the League and Game has changed. Some people on here may not be though. Very easy target to poke at, the Club guy makes it that way.
Old 11-06-18, 07:45 AM
All Region

Insanity5 is on a distinguished road
The running back from Gertrude is real good, but if you watch when he doesn't get the ball he won't touch anyone. Never once blocked on pass plays, he just stepped aside. It was actually pretty funny to watch.
Old 11-06-18, 11:17 AM
Junior Varsity

WorkRoadSammy is on a distinguished road
Elder should make a strong play for that RB from SEASEA and those other kids from IHM. Elder can teach him to block.