Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-18-18, 07:59 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Northeast District Preview

Medina Defending Champion St Ignatius

D1 Boys (4 teams advance)

1. St Ignatius in a rebuilding year the Wildcats have been at the top of the district all season taking on all comers . Major results 1st Mentor,MOC, Strongsville, 3rd at Tiffin, 2nd at Stow. Too much talent/depth for the rest of the field

2. Medina not near the top of the rankings on Milesplit, but I like their resume better then the rest. Major results 1st at Medina 2nd at Conference

3. Highland has a losing record against Medina Major Meets 2nd at Medina 9th at Boardman, 2nd at Suburban Conference

4A Wooster Major results first at Malone

4B Brecksville-Broadview Major results 5th at Suburban Conference

District Champion Nick Saul St Ignatius
Others Vince Manning Medina, Andrew Biehl And Matt Blouch St Ignatius

Boyís D3. Defending Champion Gilmour Academy

4 Teams advance

1. Gilmour Academy good front runners, team experience Major results 2nd at Mentor, 1st at Boardman, 2nd at Legends, 1st at NCL

2. Mapleton Will score only four the next two weekends Major results 5th at Boardman. Has showed some lack of depth the last 3 weeks without Roberts in the line-up

3. Elyria Catholic good pack running squad Major results 3rd at conference

4. Columbia great job rebuilding this program Major results 8th at Boardman 3rd at PAC league meet

5. Smithville young and rebuilding this year. My heart says they will advance. Major results 10th at Boardman

Champion Drew Roberts Mapleton Others Noah Navratil Smithville, Tyler Clark, Tim Diemer, Connor Gerspacher Gilmour
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-18, 09:33 AM
All American

Girl’s Medina Defending Champion

D1 5 teams advance thank God they moved Shaker Heights

1. Medina I don’t believe any other team in the district has beat them all year . Great in the front and strong in the rear. Major results 1st at GCC, 2nd at Tiffin,1st at Mentor, 1st at Medina, 2nd at Strongsville

2. Wadsworth I really haven’t taken much notice of Wadsworth until they beat both Hudson and Highland at the Suburban League Championships. A week earlier they didn’t run great at Medina and still finished a close third. Major results 1st at Suburban League Conference,3rd at Medina,

3. Brunswick without their #1 runner competing since September 1st this team could finish anywhere from 1st to 5th....

4. Highland lost to both Wadsworth and Hudson at Their conference meet, but you can wear that like a badge of honor. They have beat the teams that they should when at full strength. Major results 5th at Medina 3rd at Conference,

5. St Joseph Academy This team has made the most progress from the beginning of the year then any other team in the region. Major Results 1st at Noth Coast League

District Champion

Kaylie Kenne Highland beat Bardwell and Keller at Strongsville

Bradwell of Brunswick she beat Howell of Solon at the conference but was beaten by Kenne at Strongsville.

Keller Medina lost to Bardwell at Conference but beat her at Mentor

Pasadyn Brunswick who’s to say she doesn’t show up to win it all

Allen SJA like her team she is making great strides

Girl’s D3. 3 advance. District 2017 Gilmour

1. Gilmour their 2 thru 4 should be the difference here, major results 2nd Boardman, 1st Gilmour,1st Legends

2. Independence in this last four weekends have put themselves in a position to finish top three at the regional meet. Major results 4th at Legends, runner up st CVC Meet

3. Kirtland has also improved with the addition of Sayle. Major results finished 3rd at CVC without her

District Champion Katie Engle Gilmour defending champion

Others Sayle Kirtland, McGhee And Skoczen of Independence, C Barton and S Garofalo Gilmour, Hinkle Loudonville

Last edited by cvctrackfan; 10-20-18 at 03:10 PM..
Old 10-18-18, 09:58 AM
All District

claynation is on a distinguished road
Awesome previews, CVC. Keep them coming!
Old 10-18-18, 11:10 AM
All American

Trumbull District

Boy’s D1 qualifiers 5 teams. Defending Champions Hudson

1. Hudson The Explorers are healthy. I, don’t have to say much else. They have beaten everyone placed in front of them. Except a close loss to Ignatius without Their #1 Beucler. Major results wins Boardman, Conference etc etc

2A. Kenston the difference between Kenston and Solon is no difference. I’m thinking Kenston is 2-1 against Solon. I’m saying McConnell will be the difference between runner up and third. Major results won at Frank Gibas, Western Reserve, 3rd at Medina, 4th at Strongsville

2B Solon They are a little deeper then Kenston, but I don’t know if it will make up the difference if Kenston runs well. Major results 3rd at Strongsville 1st at GCC, 4th at Legends....

I probably picked Kenston over Solon because I know them better.....so that’s the kiss of death for them..

4. University School they had no problem with Stow at Pat Richie....US is really good at one two with regional champ iler and much improved Chao. Chia didn’t run at Medina and the team didn’t look good. Major results 1st at Clements, 2nd at Walsh

5. Stow not a lot of firepower in the front . But under a minute from one to five is impressive. That kind of team on any given day in this kind of field could embarrass a better squad. Major results third at Suburan League

Others Nordonia (I had to mention them because I’ve known Coach Martin over 40 years lol)

District Champion

What a field in the front Beucler,Iler,McConnell, Adkins,

But I’m going with Copploe of Canfield

Girl’s D1. 5 teams. Defending Champs Hudson

1. Hudson should win and take no prisoners they have one every race this year except their conference. Which shows Wadsworth is pretty good

2. Kenston has beaten everyone in the district not named Hudson every time this year Major results 9th at Strongsville, 4th at Frank Gibas, runner up at WRC

3. Twinsburg has beaten Aurora twice by less then 12 points which means a lot and has beaten both. Brunswick, Stow and Nordonia

4. Aurora has beaten Stow twice and Walsh Jesuit

5. Walsh Jesuit over Stow and Nordonia

Champion Olivia Howell Solon

Trumbull D2 Boy’s. Qualifiers 5 teams Defending Champions Garfield

Not the strongest District in the region

1. Salem I saw them earlier and they are a solid team. They are the only squad with a number 5 in the 18’s. Results 2nd at Walsh 3rd at Boardman 3rd at Legends....they are a state meet contender

2. Lakeview 4th at County Meet

3. Garfield will only score four at this meet

4. Poland

5. Hawken only because my daughter ran for them.....alright alright because they were runner ups in the CVC conference

Champion Tyler Korda Garfield who else

Boy’s D3. Teams 4. Defending Champion McDonald

1. McDonald. They are finally healthy They have to be the favorite here, next weekend and maybe the weekend after that. Unless some other runs with them man to man. Results first at Legends second at Boardman

2, Maplewood the second best team here no doubt They could finish 80 points in front of third place.

3. VASJ a very young team with a bright future. 2nd at North Coast League Meet

4. Pymatuning Valley

Champion a fierce battle between McDonalds Rupe and Symbolik....

Last edited by cvctrackfan; 10-18-18 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-18-18, 03:22 PM
Varsity

jakeburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
Medina Defending Champion St Ignatius

D1 Boys (4 teams advance)

1. St Ignatius in a rebuilding year the Wildcats have been at the top of the district all season taking on all comers . Major results 1st Mentor,MOC, Strongsville, 3rd at Tiffin, 2nd at Stow. Too much talent/depth for the rest of the field

2. Medina not near the top of the rankings on Milesplit, but I like their resume better then the rest. Major results 1st at Medina 2nd at Conference

3. Highland has a losing record against Medina Major Meets 2nd at Medina 9th at Boardman, 2nd at Suburban Conference

4A Wooster Major results first at Malone

4B Brecksville-Broadview Major results 5th at Suburban Conference

District Champion Nick Saul St Ignatius
Others Vince Manning Medina, Andrew Biehl And Matt Blouch St Ignatius

Boyís D3. Defending Champion Gilmour Academy

4 Teams advance

1. Gilmour Academy good front runners, team experience Major results 2nd at Mentor, 1st at Boardman, 2nd at Legends, 1st at NCL

2. Mapleton Will score only four the next two weekends Major results 5th at Boardman. Has showed some lack of depth the last 3 weeks without Roberts in the line-up

3. Elyria Catholic good pack running squad Major results 3rd at conference

4. Columbia great job rebuilding this program Major results 8th at Boardman 3rd at PAC league meet

5. Smithville young and rebuilding this year. My heart says they will advance. Major results 10th at Boardman

Champion Drew Roberts Mapleton Others Noah Navratil Smithville, Tyler Clark, Tim Diemer, Connor Gerspacher Gilmour
It'll be interesting to see Wooster in the fight for that spot. Doug is such a good motivator but they have a few really young varsity runners with a lot on their shoulders. I'll be pulling for them.

D3 boys definitely looks to have some new blood, with our program obviously in a transition time. I don't know what's up with Roberts. I hope he's ok for Saturday. Joe is a great coach and a good friend, and Drew is a solid young man, I think.
Old 10-18-18, 03:24 PM
Varsity

jakeburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trumbull District

Boyís D1 qualifiers 5 teams. Defending Champions Hudson

1. Hudson The Explorers are healthy. I, donít have to say much else. They have beaten everyone placed in front of them. Except a close loss to Ignatius without Their #1 Beucler. Major results wins Boardman, Conference etc etc

2A. Kenston the difference between Kenston and Solon is no difference. Iím thinking Kenston is 2-1 against Solon. Iím saying McConnell will be the difference between runner up and third. Major results won at Frank Gibas, Western Reserve, 3rd at Medina, 4th at Strongsville

2B Solon They are a little deeper then Kenston, but I donít know if it will make up the difference if Kenston runs well. Major results 3rd at Strongsville 1st at GCC, 4th at Legends....

I probably picked Kenston over Solon because I know them better.....so thatís the kiss of death for them..

4. University School they had no problem with Stow at Pat Richie....US is really good at one two with regional champ iler and much improved Chao. Chia didnít run at Medina and the team didnít look good. Major results 1st at Clements, 2nd at Walsh

5. Stow not a lot of firepower in the front . But under a minute from one to five is impressive. That kind of team on any given day in this kind of field could embarrass a better squad. Major results third at Suburan League

Others Nordonia (I had to mention them because Iíve known Coach Martin over 40 years lol)

District Champion

But Iím going with Copploe of Canfield

Girlís D1. 5 teams. Defending Champs Hudson

1. Hudson should win and take no prisoners they have one every race this year except their conference. Which shows Wadsworth is pretty good

2. Kenston has beaten everyone in the district not named Hudson every time this year Major results 9th at Strongsville, 4th at Frank Gibas, runner up at WRC

3. Twinsburg has beaten Aurora twice by less then 12 points which means a lot and has beaten both. Brunswick, Stow and Nordonia

Trumbull D2 Boyís. Qualifiers 5 teams Defending Champions Garfield

1. Salem I saw them earlier and they are a solid team. They are the only squad with a number 5 in the 18ís. Results 2nd at Walsh 3rd at Boardman 3rd at Legends....they are a state meet contender

4. Poland

5. Hawken only because my daughter ran for them.....alright alright because they were runner ups in the CVC conference

Boyís D3. Teams 4. Defending Champion McDonald

1. McDonald. They are finally healthy They have to be the favorite here, next weekend and maybe the weekend after that. Unless some other runs with them man to man. Results first at Legends second at Boardman

2, Maplewood the second best team here no doubt They could finish 80 points in front of third place.

4. Pymatuning Valley

I haven't snooped around too much, but I've been wondering about McD boys. Really thought they would go run the table all season. This sport is such a crapshoot sometimes. Makes it fun, but you feel for the kids who invest so much.
Old 10-18-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeburg View Post
I haven't snooped around too much, but I've been wondering about McD boys. Really thought they would go run the table all season. This sport is such a crapshoot sometimes. Makes it fun, but you feel for the kids who invest so much.
McDonald seems to treat the regular season as a bit of a "shell game" with the boys. Maybe it's due to injuries, and maybe it's due to approaching certain meets with different goals in mind. Don't get me wrong though because I'm not criticizing them for it. They have the state titles to prove that what they do works well for them, and I think they do a great job of putting their younger boys into positions during the season where they have to contribute in order for the team to have success. That gives those kids valuable experience and keeps the program strong in subsequent years. I would never count them out at the regional or state level.
Old 10-19-18, 07:11 AM
Freshman

Xccat1600 is on a distinguished road
CVC - I'm not sure I agree that Ignatius is in a "rebuilding year" given they finished 10th last year and are currently ranked 4th, have 5 seniors in their top 7, and beat Hudson mission 1 runner a few weeks ago... other than that excellent analysis
Old 10-19-18, 07:11 AM
Freshman

Xccat1600 is on a distinguished road
missing*
Old 10-19-18, 07:54 AM
Junior Varsity

toniabearfan is on a distinguished road
Division 1 Malone District @Glenoak

@ Glenoak (Malone District)
I think the 5 that will get out on the boys side
1. Jackson (Should have all 5 in top 15)
2. Glenoak (They will be right on the heels of the Bears. They seem to be gaining some serious momentum)
3. Hoover (I think Jay Lutton separates Hoover from Louisville)
4. Louisville
5. Lake
However I would not be surprised if the Perry Panthers put something together and take someones spot. Lake is most vulnerable I think because of their #4 and #5. With that said it is tough to beat two top finishers on the same team.

On the Girls side of things it is real close but only 4 can make it out.
I think Jackson, Green, Louisville are getting out and the order they finish wouldn't surprise me at all. ALL three of these teams are strong. Who is the team that steps up? Edge maybe to Jackson because they have beaten them both but in a small meet anything can happen.
I think Lake is #4 because their 1-4 are running just a bit better than Glenoak right now. The Eagles ran great last week to show they are in the conversation.
Old 10-19-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

GlenOak
DII
Boys
1. St. Vincent - St. Mary, Easy week for the Irish.
2. Tuslaw, Their top 2 could be individual state qualifiers. Back end of the varsity has improved significantly since early season.
3. Lutheran West, I understand why they have to come all the way to GlenOak for districts (closest site that has both DII and DIII races), but it's so stupid.
4. Coventry, They have enough to advance in this particular district.
---------------------------------------------------
5. Springfield, They have the coaching to pull off an upset.

Individual winner - Phillips, St. Vincent - St. Mary

Girls
1. St. Vincent - St. Mary, The class of the field.
2. Hoban, They've managed to fly under the radar this fall.
3. Tuslaw, Not as good up front as the top 2 teams but solid from 1-5.
4. Fairless, Potential low scorer up front and just enough behind.
5. Springfield, I think they have enough to hold off the other contenders for the final team spot.
-------------------------------------------------
6. Marlington, Hard to count out a state team from last fall.

Individual winner - Hagey, St. Vincent - St. Mary

DIII
Boys
1. East Canton, The defending state champs won't have to sweat too much here.
2. Rootstown, Solid group of runners.
3. Norwayne, Big win at the WCAL meet last weekend.
4. Canton CC, They should have enough to return to the regional.
--------------------------------------------------------
5. East Palestine, I like their top 3 or 4. Not sure they have enough at the 5th spot to advance.

Individual winner - Snellenberger, East Canton

Girls - This will be one of the more intriguing races of the day. The order of the top 4 or 5 teams is very much in doubt.
1. Lutheran West, I'm assuming they're at full strength.
2. Canton CC, Not as healthy as they want to be but as healthy as they've been all season. Runners 2-4 will determine if they hold this spot or fall back to 3rd or 4th.
3. Waynedale, The WCAL champions are young and have a strong pack. Could snag the runner-up trophy with a good performance up front.
4. East Canton, They always seem to hit their peak when they want it.
--------------------------------------------------
5. St. Thomas Aquinas, They had an excellent race on this course 3 weeks ago. A smaller field and health concerns add to the challenge this weekend.

Individual winner - Groppe, Lutheran West

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-20-18 at 04:10 PM..
Old 10-19-18, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniabearfan View Post
@ Glenoak (Malone District)
I think the 5 that will get out on the boys side
1. Jackson (Should have all 5 in top 15)
2. Glenoak (They will be right on the heels of the Bears. They seem to be gaining some serious momentum)
3. Hoover (I think Jay Lutton separates Hoover from Louisville)
4. Louisville
5. Lake
However I would not be surprised if the Perry Panthers put something together and take someones spot. Lake is most vulnerable I think because of their #4 and #5. With that said it is tough to beat two top finishers on the same team.

On the Girls side of things it is real close but only 4 can make it out.
I think Jackson, Green, Louisville are getting out and the order they finish wouldn't surprise me at all. ALL three of these teams are strong. Who is the team that steps up? Edge maybe to Jackson because they have beaten them both but in a small meet anything can happen.
I think Lake is #4 because their 1-4 are running just a bit better than Glenoak right now. The Eagles ran great last week to show they are in the conversation.
DI GlenOak
Boys
1. Jackson, Their depth is too much.
2. Louisville, They should be well-rested after taking last weekend off. They're very good now and still a year away, IMHO.
3. GlenOak, They always run well at home.
4. Hoover, I believe they'll rebound from the previous 2 weeks.
5. Lake, Their top 2 are too much to handle.
----------------------------------------------------
6. Perry, Would love to see the Panthers pull this off, but they need a big day up front.

Individual winner - Moore, Lake

Girls - It will be a very tight race between the top 3 teams.
1. Jackson, Where do they keep finding all this young talent?
2. Louisville, A veteran group that's tough as nails.
3. Green, Great showing at the Fed Meet last weekend.
4. Lake, Another team that's very good right now but still a year or 2 away, IMHO.
-------------------------------------
5. GlenOak, They need a good day up front to crack the top 4.

Individual winner - Cole, Louisville

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-19-18 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-19-18, 11:41 AM
All American

Well done
Old 10-19-18, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trumbull District

Boyís D1 qualifiers 5 teams. Defending Champions Hudson

1. Hudson The Explorers are healthy. I, donít have to say much else. They have beaten everyone placed in front of them. Except a close loss to Ignatius without Their #1 Beucler. Major results wins Boardman, Conference etc etc

2A. Kenston the difference between Kenston and Solon is no difference. Iím thinking Kenston is 2-1 against Solon. Iím saying McConnell will be the difference between runner up and third. Major results won at Frank Gibas, Western Reserve, 3rd at Medina, 4th at Strongsville

2B Solon They are a little deeper then Kenston, but I donít know if it will make up the difference if Kenston runs well. Major results 3rd at Strongsville 1st at GCC, 4th at Legends....

I probably picked Kenston over Solon because I know them better.....so thatís the kiss of death for them..

4. University School they had no problem with Stow at Pat Richie....US is really good at one two with regional champ iler and much improved Chao. Chia didnít run at Medina and the team didnít look good. Major results 1st at Clements, 2nd at Walsh

Others Nordonia (I had to mention them because Iíve known Coach Martin over 40 years lol)

District Champion

But Iím going with Copploe of Canfield

Girlís D1. 5 teams. Defending Champs Hudson

Trumbull D2 Boyís. Qualifiers 5 teams Defending Champions Garfield

1. Salem I saw them earlier and they are a solid team. They are the only squad with a number 5 in the 18ís. Results 2nd at Walsh 3rd at Boardman 3rd at Legends....they are a state meet contender

4. Poland

Boyís D3. Teams 4. Defending Champion McDonald

4. Pymatuning Valley

Donít forget about Mauri.
Old 10-20-18, 12:55 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Coventry qualifies to regionals for the 4th year straight. Including Coventry, the PTC Metro got 5 teams to regionals. Woodridge and Cloverleaf took 1st and 4th respectively at LCCC. Field took 4th at Madison. And Springfield and Coventry took 3rd and 4th respectively.
Old 10-20-18, 03:24 PM
All American

At Medina I scored around 80% in my picks

Teams
Boy’s D3 no surprises..except Mapleton’s Drew Roberts came in with a foot injury and dropped out after the mile mark. Winner that Diemer kid from Gilmour

Girl’s D3. Kirtland didn’t run their number one so the third spot went to Smithville

Boy’s D1 I got all the teams right on. Not so good with the champion. I did pick a St Ignatius runner just not Zucca

Girl’s D1

I got the champion right Kenne from Highland. And I did pretty good with the teams. Brunswick didn’t run their#1 runner and it dropped them to 5th....if she runs they win by a few points.
Old 10-20-18, 03:36 PM
All American

Lutheran West was a surprise. Coventry beat them in Boardman and Malone. however Lutheran West put up a really strong showing in their league meet and today. Luckily a very strong effort from our 3-5 runners staved off Lutheran West, and saved Coventry's day.
Old 10-20-18, 03:40 PM
All American

Don’t sleep on the Longhorns they have the coaching pedigree....
Old 10-20-18, 03:54 PM
All Region

gatornation is on a distinguished road
Are we not in the 21st century?? How can Trumbull still not have results posted??
Old 10-20-18, 04:01 PM
All District

ENA2 is on a distinguished road
they are up... just got to go the the baumspage results for that district. I just figured it out an hour ago.
Old 10-20-18, 04:14 PM
All Region

gatornation is on a distinguished road
Got it, Thanks
Old 10-20-18, 04:29 PM
All Yappi

GlenOak was full of surprises. That's not a bad thing though. Races are more fun when you don't know what's going to happen beforehand. The biggest surprise of all may have been how fast the course ran. Lots of PRs and season bests were had today. It is a next elevation loss from start to finish, but there's a lot of work to be done to get to that finish line down in the stadium.

DI
Boys
Hoban had an impressive performance and knocked out Lake. Moore was an easy pick for the win.

Girls
I should know better than to pick against GlenOak at home. No idea what happened to Lake. Green girls looked very impressive, and Istnick got the better of Cole in this round of their head-to-head competition.

UPDATE: After examining the results, I see that Lake's #4 did not race. Nonetheless, GlenOak appears to still have them beat.

DII
Boys
Coach Gorby and his Springfield Spartans pulled it off. Phillips was not under much duress for the individual win.

Girls
Got the correct 5 teams but not the order with Springfield running much better than expected. Also, I do believe I saw one of Tuslaw's normal 5th runners in a walking boot. I did not know that was going to happen. Hoban's Hahn beat crosstown rival Hagey for the individual win.

DIII
Boys
Did not know that Norwayne's #3 was injured. It would've been very close for that 4th spot if that runner is healthy, and it was about as close as it gets even without Norwayne as part of the mix. United came out of nowhere for that 4th spot. Snellenberger won the individual by a large margin.

Girls
Got the correct 4 teams and the individual winner but did not expect the defending district champions East Palestine to make such a gallant run at the 4th spot. I do feel for the Bulldogs who missed getting both of their teams out by a total of 5 points!

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-20-18 at 10:49 PM..
Old 10-20-18, 04:56 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Sort of shocked that Garfield won Trumbull and Salem did not. What went on there?
Old 10-20-18, 05:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Sort of shocked that Garfield won Trumbull and Salem did not. What went on there?
Looks like Salem's regular #2 had a rough day which ended being worth significant points.
Old 10-20-18, 05:08 PM
All Yappi

BTW, Howland's Vincent Mauri uncorked a 14:54 to win at DI Trumbull. It would appear the Hudson boys barely noticed as they had 6 guys between 15:33 and 16:20.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 10-20-18 at 10:50 PM..
Old 10-20-18, 07:50 PM
All World

i'm starting to like the Woodridge boys chances. They look pretty good right now. I'm also starting to like the girl's chances to make a trip to the state meet. I think they are 4th or 5th in the Region.
Old 10-20-18, 10:36 PM
Freshman

Spartan1969 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to all the athletes and coaches today. Good luck to everyone as they head to Regionals. For most of us here in Northeast Ohio, its on to the meatgrinder called Boardman. Bring your A game and give your best. Looking forward to an amazing weekend! Go Spartans!
Old 10-20-18, 10:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan1969 View Post
Congrats to all the athletes and coaches today. Good luck to everyone as they head to Regionals. For most of us here in Northeast Ohio, its on to the meatgrinder called Boardman. Bring your A game and give your best. Looking forward to an amazing weekend! Go Spartans!
Congrats to springfield. we had a nice little back and forth rivalry going on this season. Coventry bested you in Boardman and the fairgrounds. You returned the favor on us at Wingfoot, Malone, and districts. Good luck next week.
Old 10-21-18, 05:52 PM
All World

It's time that Coventry take a next step and do something at the Regional. The goal needs to be in the top half. Time to start building on it.
Old 10-21-18, 08:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
It's time that Coventry take a next step and do something at the Regional. The goal needs to be in the top half. Time to start building on it.
Patience. We will get there. it is the logical next step, now that we are well acquainted with the district scene. Indeed, next years team does show some promise...

However that is not what I am chiefly concerned with. I am not interested in a Coventry that is going to be a 1 and done deal. I seek a Coventry that is going to be steadily improving year in year out. I am chiefly interested in furthering the growth of our middle school program, in numbers as well as ability. Additionally, I am interested in what our underclassmen are doing, as they are the future, once Bollock, Regen, and Baker graduate. Also, I would seek to develop a youth program for the comets, possibly in collaboration with Springfield. Basically, our concern is in continuing to raise the floor of this program, as opposed to the ceiling so that placing in the top half at regionals can become the norm, rather than an irregular occurance. The results wont be quick, most likely. But they would be sure.

I will add that this will likely not be smooth sailing forward. We will have some bumps and scratches; some setbacks. It must be understood, that what has been happening at Coventry over the course of the last 5 years, is entirely unprecedented here. Coventry has never been remotely relevant in XC prior to this run. Because of this, we don't know the exact way forward for us. But we are doing our best to learn, and move forward.

With that being said, I would certainly like to do better then last this year at boardman. Perhaps we should seek to return the favor on Springfield. Finish the season with a 3-3 record with the Spartans. We don't want to fall behind on our little rivalry. Oh and beating Field would be nice as well.

As an aside, it really is awesome how 5 teams racing this Saturday will be from the PTC metro. PTC power at its finest.