Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 08:05 PM
All Region

billcarson is on a distinguished road
This topic has been a good discussion. The State Championship venues have left a lot to desire the last 3 decades, but I can't recall ever hearing our guys complain about either place. They love being there and getting to compete.

If the weather had been good last week this thread would not be here. If the Championships go off without a hitch on Saturday everything maybe forgotten here and the talk will quickly change to NXN and Footlocker discussions then track.

Didn't Ohio Milespilt use to have regional and state meet reviews and predictions? Did I miss them? All I have seen are time rankings of top 100 or 500.

Shelby for the win

Last edited by billcarson; 11-07-18 at 10:26 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-18, 11:49 PM
All District

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
In response to a lawsuit filed by Roger Bacon about the competitive balance procedure moving them up to a higher division in football, the law firm hired by the OHSAA responded that the OHSAA was a private organization and that their members decided on the policies that governed its member schools by a vote. I'm calling them out on this. If you want to argue in a legal brief that the members decide by a vote what governs them, then let the members decide where the state cross country meet should be held after listening to the presentations presented by those who propose sites where it could be held.
Thereís nothing preventing this from happening. A simple majority of schools would just have to say thatís how they want it done, and write up the parameters by which theyíll do it.

They just donít care enough to do that. Maybe this incident will change that, maybe not.
Old 11-08-18, 09:21 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcarson View Post
This topic has been a good discussion. The State Championship venues have left a lot to desire the last 3 decades, but I can't recall ever hearing our guys complain about either place. They love being there and getting to compete.

If the weather had been good last week this thread would not be here. If the Championships go off without a hitch on Saturday everything maybe forgotten here and the talk will quickly change to NXN and Footlocker discussions then track.

Didn't Ohio Milespilt use to have regional and state meet reviews and predictions? Did I miss them? All I have seen are time rankings of top 100 or 500.

Shelby for the win
While the point of view You make is true.....it still is a good discussion to the point thAt this sports championship needs to be better
Old 11-09-18, 01:59 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
It's looks like the meet is still on for Saturday, Novmember 10th. The OHSAA web site still shows November 10th as the date for the meet. https://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments...-Coverage-Page

I saw this as the weather for Friday night. Mostly cloudy, brisk and colder; a bit of snow late, accumulating a coating to an inch. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/he.../2190565?day=1

Last edited by Lancermania; 11-09-18 at 02:31 AM..
Old 11-09-18, 10:54 AM
All World

Its a mess out in central ohio
Old 11-09-18, 10:57 AM
All Region

Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
Course change for saturday.

The new loop is now under 4-6 inches of water. They are now altering the course as I type this.

Same first part of course as the map. Then after crossing the track over ramp you will head straight to woods and do that loop. Coming out of woods the same then head towards track and do that loop again. When you cross the ramp and the track at north end you will then head right to the finish.
Old 11-09-18, 11:19 AM
All World

Sounds like the double loop course they should have done years ago
Old 11-09-18, 11:27 AM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
So how much do you think attendance will be down from last year. The combination of date change and weather I think will be down at least 1/3.
Old 11-09-18, 12:10 PM
All World

Its gonna be cold
Old 11-09-18, 08:26 PM
Freshman

Xccat1600 is on a distinguished road
They Changed the Course Again

Sign posted at the start line changed the course again at NTR. I get it if the rain necessitated that but an announcement would be nice...
Old 11-09-18, 08:27 PM
Varsity

wolsey737 is on a distinguished road
I heard the course is a mess. I would hate to be the 6th race of the day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-18, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolsey737 View Post
I heard the course is a mess. I would hate to be the 6th race of the day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The course will be messy. Parking could be the even bigger mess.
Old 11-10-18, 12:24 AM
Lancers lead the way!

These conditions throw the races up for grabs. In many of the races there is a real possibility the two teams on the podium are not the best teams under normal race conditions on a normal day.
Old 11-10-18, 04:37 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
These conditions throw the races up for grabs. In many of the races there is a real possibility the two teams on the podium are not the best teams under normal race conditions on a normal day.
Nothing wrong with that. It's all about being the best team today. If NDCL's kids handle the conditions better than anyone else, they deserve it and it is not diminished in anyway in my opinion if they win. This should be interesting and fun.

Will the chips all read correctly, or will Finishtiming have to work twice as hard as usual? Will the team scores be close to accurate at the mile and the two mile or will we as fans have to be patient and nervous not knowing if our #3 even registered? Some kids will have to use their heads out there and deal with things they aren't used to. Maybe I need to be on the outside of this turn and not the inside. If someone is better than my Bulldogs at coping with this, then they deserve it and I'll be disappointed just as much as any other day. If we are the best, we should be the best no matter what the conditions.
Old 11-10-18, 09:07 AM
Lancers lead the way!

As usual psycho_dad gives us some great insight. There are surprises and disappointments every year it seem. This year just might have more.
Old 11-10-18, 09:46 AM
Freshman

runningforlife0.6 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

i think that Toledo St. Johnís out of Toledo, Ohio has a real shot to upset Mason and Hudson today. Real big sleepers in my eyes. Their coach is outstanding and knows what he is doing. He knows how and when to taper. Donít believe me, just wait.....
Old 11-10-18, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningforlife0.6 View Post
i think that Toledo St. Johnís out of Toledo, Ohio has a real shot to upset Mason and Hudson today. Real big sleepers in my eyes. Their coach is outstanding and knows what he is doing. He knows how and when to taper. Donít believe me, just wait.....
I've been waiting for about 13 years...
Old 11-10-18, 10:49 AM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningforlife0.6 View Post
TSJ didn't even make it to the regional meet but you never know.
Old 11-10-18, 10:54 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Its gonna be cold
Old 11-10-18, 02:08 PM
Freshman

runningforlife0.6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
TSJ didn't even make it to the regional meet but you never know.
they took a bye week