Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 04:21 PM
Junior Varsity

effit is on a distinguished road
Ntr

OHSAA announced a new course at NTR. Not a fan friendly move by any means.

Check out @OHSAASports on twitter.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-18, 05:46 PM
All District

XCFan98 is on a distinguished road
90 degrees

Well it looks like we have anywhere between 8 and 10 - 90 degree turns. Plus a U-turn or two. Should be an interesting day. the question is where are fans going to be allowed to go where are coaches going to be allowed to go?
Old 10-23-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
So, they basically took the sequence of turns that occurred behind the wooden grandstands and moved it out to the north field before the woods. 2 mile mark looks to be around the same place. What's that zig-zag right before the mile mark about?

Looks like the main motivation here is to be able to use that field behind the wooden bleachers for parking.

We'll see how it all works out in a matter of days.
Old 10-23-18, 05:57 PM
All Ohio

Newton's Third is on a distinguished road
There has been talk of NTR buying and selling land for years so this may have had something to do with the change. The land to the north has some grades to it. Nothing like NE Ohio types of hills but more than the previous course.
Old 10-23-18, 06:00 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton's Third View Post
There has been talk of NTR buying and selling land for years so this may have had something to do with the change. The land to the north has some grades to it. Nothing like NE Ohio types of hills but more than the previous course.
I was just about to ask how that section of land compares to the flat section behind the wooden bleachers. A more rolling section there could help appease those who feel the course isn't challenging enough (like me). Again, we'll see how it all works out in a matter of days.

Could be they sold some of the land they once used for parking and now need that area behind the wooden bleachers to be used for parking instead of as part of the course.
Old 10-23-18, 06:49 PM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
What's that zig-zag right before the mile mark about?
IIRC, there's a bit of a "gully" in that area. It's probably just be an attempt to break up what is otherwise a 1/2 mile flat straightaway.
Old 10-23-18, 08:00 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
It's a Formula 1 course!
Old 10-23-18, 08:35 PM
All District

Seppo Kaitainen is on a distinguished road
Just so we're all clear, when my team doesn't make it this year, it's not because we're bad. We knew about these changes all year and tanked the season in protest.
Old 10-23-18, 10:31 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppo Kaitainen View Post
Just so we're all clear, when my team doesn't make it this year, it's not because we're bad. We knew about these changes all year and tanked the season in protest.
Best sarcasm I've seen here in awhile. Touche!
Old 10-24-18, 06:26 AM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by effit View Post
OHSAA announced a new course at NTR. Not a fan friendly move by any means.

Check out @OHSAASports on twitter.
Did OHSAA only announce this on twitter?

Was this sent to all member schools or how were they going to announce it to the coaches?
Old 10-24-18, 08:18 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Well, it couldn't be any worse right? Does anyone know if the OHSAA is going to release the football computer rankings?

I thought coach Howard was crazy when he called a meeting and instructed all the Woodridge parents not to cheer or even utter a peep at any races this year to help prepare the kids for the state meet. Who knew that the sensory deprivation shed he had built in the woods behind the school wasn't the work of a coach that was losing his mind, but a genius move meant to help the kids cope with the loneliness and sense of abandonment they will feel from the mile mark to the 2-1/2 mile mark? As Parents, we toss $10 out of the window on the way to every meet and then at the meet, huddled around in a space about 800 meters from the start and try to guess if the gun had gone off. Someone is designated to say, "Hey, the clock is running. I think the race started!" It is my job to be near the start and come running over just in time to not see our last kid run by and then be bombarded with "How do you think we are doing?" Half of the parents then close their eyes for ten minutes while the other half stare at their phones. I recoup and make my way over to a spot about 300 meters from the group where I stand about 50 meters away from the runners and cheer them on in a far away voice. I then run back to the group where again I don't see any of our runners finish and answer the "How do you think we did?" questions, and have to explain why the scores on the board aren't exactly correct yet. You have to be prepared as fans too. It takes a village.

They did extend the agreement for 10 more years didn't they?

Wait, I think they are releasing the football computer rankings on the OHSAA site today.