Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-21-18, 12:13 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Southwest District Races notes

Summit boys had a perfect score of 15 at the DIII VOA race. I don't think they have a chance for the podium at state. Does anyone?

Turpin girls beat Mason by a point 38-39 led by Sam Bush's 17:45. Any one think Mason was sand bagging it just to advance by not running their best team?

It appears that Centerville once again ran their JV team at the Cedarville DI girls race as they came in 5th.

VOA girls seem to run better then the boys. Three girls broke 18:00 and four girls cracked the all time top 25 list on the VOA course. No boys made the all time top 25 list. In fact, no boys broke 16:00 in the B race.

Last edited by Lancermania; 10-21-18 at 12:24 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-18, 12:49 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Summit boys had a perfect score of 15 at the DIII VOA race. I don't think they have a chance for the podium at state. Does anyone?

Turpin girls beat Mason by a point 38-39 led by Sam Bush's 17:45. Any one think Mason was sand bagging it just to advance by not running their best team?

It appears that Centerville once again ran their JV team at the Cedarville DI girls race as they came in 5th.

VOA girls seem to run better then the boys. Three girls broke 18:00 and four girls cracked the all time top 25 list on the VOA course. No boys made the all time top 25 list. In fact, no boys broke 16:00 in the B race.
I concur...the girls did run better than the boys, as a whole. I believe Doerger's time was a school record for Ursuline Academy in 2nd place. The top two teams averaging under 19 minutes is pretty damned impressive for a district meet!
Old 10-21-18, 01:31 PM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Yes Centerville did the JV thing again. Not sure that giving up a district championship is good. If I was the AD at Centerville i would like to see the kids put up banners in the gym
Old 10-21-18, 06:31 PM
All Region

panott is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Yes Centerville did the JV thing again. Not sure that giving up a district championship is good. If I was the AD at Centerville i would like to see the kids put up banners in the gym
I think he is happy putting up State Championship banners!
Old 10-22-18, 09:21 AM
All World

ccrunner609 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by panott View Post
I think he is happy putting up State Championship banners!
It will be fun to watch them and Beavercreek the next 2 weeks.
Old 10-22-18, 09:39 AM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner609 View Post
Correct. I have been to Centerville's gym.

Centerville only hangs state championship banners in their gym.

Well that and 2 of the biggest screens I have ever seen in a high school gym.
Very impressive screens.

If you look at the results in the Cedarville D1 race a couple of other teams held people out too. Centerville boys withheld a couple of boys. Beavercreek boys and girls also withheld a girl or two and a couple of boys from their usual top 7. It is only district. In team sports it is very important because only 1 team makes it, but not in track, XC, swimming, wrestling, golf an tennis. That is the beauty of the sport.

Every program is different. Many programs district is the epitome of their program. Others it is the regional meet. Other programs it is the state meet. And even the top runners in the state sometimes it may even be NIKE or Footlocker. Not knocking anyone here, but every program and runner has their own goal.