Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
St Vincent-St Mary by 1-10 10 25.00%
St Vincent-St Mary by 11-20 16 40.00%
St Vincent-St Mary by 21+ 5 12.50%
Lexington by 1-10 7 17.50%
Lexington by 11-20 0 0%
Lexington by 21+ 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-18, 04:33 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
DII Semifinal: St Vincent-St Mary (19-8) vs. Lexington (23-5)

Friday: St Vincent-St Mary (19-8) vs. Lexington (23-5), 2 p.m.

Who wins?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-18, 06:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Irish by 20
Old 03-18-18, 06:50 PM
All Region

Salesman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan1 View Post
Irish by 20
Funniest thing I have read all day.
Old 03-18-18, 09:33 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan1 View Post
Irish by 20
You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I'm curious how you feel so confident. What do you know about Lexington that gives you reason to believe they are no match for SVSM?

I'd like to know about them. I know they beat Wauseon with an injured Rotroff and his replacement who was knocked out of the game early with a broken nose. What size do they have? What offense/defenses do they utilize? I know they are in the OHio Cardinal Conference along with Orrville, Mansfield Sr, Madison, Wooster, ClearFork, Ashland, and West Holmes. Who were their out of comference opponents?

Salesman, can you tell us about Lexington? What should we expect to see?

Last edited by SeeYaSometime; 03-19-18 at 04:30 AM.
Old 03-18-18, 09:44 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but I'm curious how you feel so confident. What do you know about Lexington that gives you reason to believe they are no match for SVSM?

I'd like to know about them. I know they beat Wauseon with an injured Rotoff and his replacement who was knocked out of the game early with a broken nose. What size do they have? What offense/defenses do they utilize? I know they are in the OHio Cardinal Conference along with Orrville, Mansfield Sr, Madison, Wooster, ClearFork, Ashland, and West Holmes. Who were their out of comference opponents?

Salesman, can you tell us about Lexington? What should we expect to see?

Here are their opponents and scores:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/sched...4-e1d366c3c5a6
Old 03-19-18, 12:07 AM
All District

1 time is on a distinguished road
There's nothing in their schedule that represents them playing within 10 of St. V .
Old 03-19-18, 04:46 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Here are their opponents and scores:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/sched...4-e1d366c3c5a6
Thanks for the link. They play a range of divisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 time View Post
There's nothing in their schedule that represents them playing within 10 of St. V .
SVSM used to play Mansfield Sr, but not this year. On name /reputation you could be right.

I'd still like to hear something about their players and style of play.
Old 03-19-18, 06:54 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
I saw replays of Lexington against Ottawa-Glandorf and Bay. While the OG game was a hard fought affair, IMO Lexington looked better against Bay. So, like the Irish, Lexington is looking to be playing its best basketball of the season at the right time. IMO Wausseon was the better team, but the injuries to Rotroff and the other big were too devastating to overcome. Still, it was an impressive win. Lexington has some height and some shooters. If I had to compare their style of play to anyone around here, I'd probably say Jackson; although not quite as talented. At this stage of the game, I never envision a blowout, but IMO the Irish are the clear favorite. From the games I saw, IMO the Irish pressure will be too much. Lexington doesn't have the fire power to match STVM in a shootout. So for them to have any chance, they will need to shorten the game and not commit turnovers. If STVM continues to shoot from the outside like they have, then Lexington doesn't have a chance. But shooting comes and goes! Defense is the constant. And while Lexington is a solid defensive club, they have not experienced anything like the relentless pressure the Irish can bring. The Irish press and their depth will carry the day and send the Irish to the finals with a shot to defend their title! Go Irish!
Old 03-19-18, 06:56 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
They did beat the number 1 team in the state, I watched a video, cade Stover a beast 6 5 220.They can shoot the 3 or go inside, a very good team.They have athletes, cade Stover can hit 3 pointers, very smart team.
Old 03-19-18, 07:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
They did beat the number 1 team in the state, I watched a video, cade Stover a beast 6 5 220.They can shoot the 3 or go inside, a very good team.They have athletes, cade Stover can hit 3 pointers, very smart team.
Thanks, Brian! I couldn't remember the young man's name. But Stover did standout in the games I saw, too. But unless Lexington can control the pace, he is going to be dead on his feet chasing around the rotation of Irish front court players.

Last edited by Irish60; 03-19-18 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-19-18, 08:06 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lexington is a very, very good typical D2 team, unfortunately StV is not your typical D2 team. They have the quickness and depth that your typical teams just don't have.
Old 03-19-18, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

spirit454 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Lexington is a very, very good typical D2 team, unfortunately StV is not your typical D2 team. They have the quickness and depth that your typical teams just don't have.
StV has never been a typical team if you are calling a defining a rural community school team as a typical team.
Old 03-19-18, 01:50 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
If SVSM plays the way they did Saturday theyb will be hard to beat. They pressed effectively, broke the press, hit outside shots, nailed a majority of their 3s and shot 80+ % from the foul line. I would never say they will beat a team I don't know a thing about by 20 - that is disrespectful. I will say if they duplicate Saturdays performance there are not many teams in Ohio in any division that will beat them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 03-19-18, 02:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post

I'd like to know about them. I know they beat Wauseon with an injured Rotroff and his replacement who was knocked out of the game early with a broken nose. What size do they have? What offense/defenses do they utilize? I know they are in the OHio Cardinal Conference along with Orrville, Mansfield Sr, Madison, Wooster, ClearFork, Ashland, and West Holmes. Who were their out of comference opponents?
You repeatedly claim what you know but Rotroff played a normal game and his replacement you mention may have seen more time in their Lex game than he played in any other. But if you are a Wauseon fan I can understand your attempt at excuses for the loss. You also claim to know the Ohio Cardinal Conference but don't, so I try to help you. Orrville left the OCC 2 years ago and was replaced by MT Vernon. Clear Fork also left the OCC and has not been replaced yet. Their ooc opponents I'm not for sure but did see they played OG, Upper Sandusky, Norwalk Clyde and Olentangy Liberty.
Old 03-19-18, 02:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
If SVSM plays the way they did Saturday theyb will be hard to beat. They pressed effectively, broke the press, hit outside shots, nailed a majority of their 3s and shot 80+ % from the foul line. I would never say they will beat a team I don't know a thing about by 20 - that is disrespectful. I will say if they duplicate Saturdays performance there are not many teams in Ohio in any division that will beat them.
I think this is an accurate post.
Old 03-19-18, 02:08 PM
All Region

Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
Lexington lives and dies by the 3
Old 03-19-18, 02:22 PM
All District

farnsworth420 is on a distinguished road
St V by a dozen. Lexington would need to slow it way down to be effective. They would be shaky against a good press. They live and die by the open 3, if they dont get open 3's, they will struggle.
Old 03-19-18, 02:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
You repeatedly claim what you know but Rotroff played a normal game and his replacement you mention may have seen more time in their Lex game than he played in any other. But if you are a Wauseon fan I can understand your attempt at excuses for the loss. You also claim to know the Ohio Cardinal Conference but don't, so I try to help you. Orrville left the OCC 2 years ago and was replaced by MT Vernon. Clear Fork also left the OCC and has not been replaced yet. Their ooc opponents I'm not for sure but did see they played OG, Upper Sandusky, Norwalk Clyde and Olentangy Liberty.
Will you allow that the fact that a player scored near his season average does not necessarily mean he did not play his normal game? STVM saw first hand the type of player that Rotroff is. We know how good Wauseon was last year, and likely just as good, if not better, this year. I didn't see the game, so I can't say how effective Rotroff was. I only know what I've read on these posts and that is he played with a fractured ankle. Depending on the severity of the injury, I don't care how many points he scored. It would have had to have limited his effectiveness in other parts of his game. Maybe the injury was overblown, maybe it wasn't. As a Lexington fan, I can understand you taking exception to anything that might take some luster off the win over Wauseon. Still, the only thing that matters is that Lexington won and Wauseon did not. The only thing I can guarantee is that the Irish will NOT be looking past Lexington. They are healthy. They are focused. And they are playing well. Looking forward to a good game.
Old 03-19-18, 02:44 PM
All Ohio

I don't know the kid but saw him play last season and this season and saw hims score 6 points in a State Semi and they still won. I would never question a kids injury but I can tell you he did not limp during the entire game and ran the floor as he always had and played 30 minutes just like normal. There was no luster removed as it was a great game as a high school basketball fan. but I hate reading excuses. If the kid was injured I feel bad for him but he still played and his stats were similar to his season.
For the irish, no body really cares what they do or think. In many traditional fans eyes they have an * next to their name.
Old 03-19-18, 03:01 PM
All American

Quote:
I don't know the kid but saw him play last season and this season and saw hims score 6 points in a State Semi and they still won. I would never question a kids injury but I can tell you he did not limp during the entire game and ran the floor as he always had and played 30 minutes just like normal. There was no luster removed as it was a great game as a high school basketball fan. but I hate reading excuses. If the kid was injured I feel bad for him but he still played and his stats were similar to his season.
For the irish, no body really cares what they do or think. In many traditional fans eyes they have an * next to their name.
You're funny!
Old 03-19-18, 04:13 PM
All District

Cooter26 is on a distinguished road
I took my son to go watch the Wauseon/lexington game & Lexington showed some pretty bad sportsmanship. I saw some players diving at some of the Wauseon’s player knees for a loose ball, slapping the ball out of there hands when time is out, going through the paint with there shoulders down (hence, why their 6th man broke his nose, & even their student section cussing and flipping off fans/players... i had the pleasure to sit by them.

I saw one time how one of the lexington players will keep putting his foot under neath rotroff’s injured ankle every time he junped in the 3rd quarter.

congrats on the win(s) but it was embarrassing. If you’re going to win, play the game right & with class.
Old 03-19-18, 04:27 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
You say this team SVSM is playing lives by the 3. Very dangerous against the Irish because missed threes lead to long rebounds which lead to SVSMs bread and butter - getting out and running. If the three's fall great - if they don't watch out. Also as a side note this so called freshman point guard SVSM has is a grown a@@ man. This kid looks like a NFL running back. What a stud. The kid is strong with the ball and has a silky jumper. Nice player.

Old 03-20-18, 06:15 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
You say this team SVSM is playing lives by the 3. Very dangerous against the Irish because missed threes lead to long rebounds which lead to SVSMs bread and butter - getting out and running. If the three's fall great - if they don't watch out. Also as a side note this so called freshman point guard SVSM has is a grown a@@ man. This kid looks like a NFL running back. What a stud. The kid is strong with the ball and has a silky jumper. Nice player.

He is the #1 freshman guard prospect in the country. He doesn’t look like a freshman and certainly doesn’t play like one. We got to experience StV first hand, and I will say this....if they play anywhere near the way they played against us, I just don’t see many teams competing with them. Watch #5...he’s the freshman.
Old 03-20-18, 10:34 AM
All District

Make a Play is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Oh no, say it ain't so! In some fans eyes, the Irish basketball program has an * next to the name. What a shame.
Here's what I know - 2 more wins this weekend and the STVM will have a record 8th State Championship in the state of Ohio. Maybe spirit454 can petition the OHSAA for that *!
In any case, Go Irish
Old 03-20-18, 10:41 AM
All District

Malabar10 is on a distinguished road
When they announce the starting lineups, will they be announcing their home town also?? Asking for a friend.
Old 03-20-18, 10:58 AM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabar10 View Post
When they announce the starting lineups, will they be announcing their home town also?? Asking for a friend.
Why don't you look at the John Glenn (public high school) starting lineup and see where those boys were from when they won the DII title in 2016.

Did you ask that same question for a friend then?
Old 03-20-18, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Why don't you look at the John Glenn (public high school) starting lineup and see where those boys were from when they won the DII title in 2016.

Did you ask that same question for a friend then?
Good point, I would be all for doing it for every team.
Old 03-20-18, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make a Play View Post
Oh no, say it ain't so! In some fans eyes, the Irish basketball program has an * next to the name. What a shame.
Here's what I know - 2 more wins this weekend and the STVM will have a record 8th State Championship in the state of Ohio. Maybe spirit454 can petition the OHSAA for that *!
In any case, Go Irish
There is no petition goofy. That is why I said in most traditional fans eye.
Old 03-20-18, 11:30 AM
All American

Typically we don't hear the "I don't know how we are supposed to compete with an all-star team" lament until AFTER you lose. Sounds like some Lexington fans are front loading their excuses already! You'd think after "beating the #1 team in the State" (albeit with its star player literally playing on one leg!) that Lexington fans would have a little more faith in their team.
Old 03-20-18, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
He is the #1 freshman guard prospect in the country. He doesn’t look like a freshman and certainly doesn’t play like one. We got to experience StV first hand, and I will say this....if they play anywhere near the way they played against us, I just don’t see many teams competing with them. Watch #5...he’s the freshman.
PG #5 is not the #1 rated PG in country. Came to St V from Lorain. Think how good Lorain would have been? Oh wait, they are in the final 4 for D1!

Wilson kid is a very good player, have watched him since he was in 3rd grade on the AAU circuit. Not the #1 though in the country.

Interesting to see if he plays 4 years or goes to prep school his senior year.