Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-18, 01:26 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
If hiring a family member to work a game when people back out last minute, and they are board approved game workers is illegal, then every AD and Superintendent in Ohio better be nervous. Charge one, got to charge all of them!!!
Old 03-21-18, 01:35 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tippecanoe football will not have another winning season as long as Derge is the coach. He has made horrible hires in regards to assistant coaches and is running a soft program. You heard it here first, he has ran 2 good coaches out and it will only continue down hill from here
Old 03-21-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Did somebody hack your account? You've told us how great Derge is for three years.
Old 03-21-18, 04:34 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
That is a rather surprising claim given the source.
Old 03-21-18, 06:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Did somebody hack your account? You've told us how great Derge is for three years.
Iíve seen firsthand where this program is headed. They are getting a new stadium yet numbers between upcoming juniors and seniors number in the 20s combined. Thereís about 50 kids between the upcoming freshman and sophomore classes but under Derge I see that number falling drastically. The kids lost faith in his coaching ability after this year. He has gotten rid of 2 of our best coaches because they are ďto harshĒ on kids. His coaching staff now is a joke, half of it is filled with people from Greenon that he is friends with. It is going downhill fast and hopefully after this year and what will probably be a 3 or 4 win season, JD Foust will realize this and move on.
Old 03-21-18, 10:40 PM
All District

What two coaches did Derge “run off”???
Old 03-22-18, 06:08 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
What two coaches did Derge ďrun offĒ???
Kyle Corbin and Butch Wise. Kyle was a graduate of Tipp and was all state in both football and basketball. This was his first year coaching. Butch coached the 2016-17 team on the defensive line. He was at Butler before that and is at Covington now I believe.
Old 03-22-18, 06:47 AM
Freshman

sportslover1996 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Kyle Corbin and Butch Wise. Kyle was a graduate of Tipp and was all state in both football and basketball. This was his first year coaching. Butch coached the 2016-17 team on the defensive line. He was at Butler before that and is at Covington now I believe.
Where is Corbin going?
Old 03-22-18, 06:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover1996 View Post
Where is Corbin going?
I donít know, all I know is he was basically not getting along with Derge and was asked not to come back. Apparently some of the coaches are taking notice of my previous post and posting it on Twitter. Stanberry maybe you should focus on coaching DBs and not having the 3rd worst passing defense in the GWOC. Just saying.
Old 03-22-18, 07:47 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
So it appears that TippIsGreat is one of those coaches. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Wise left to be the DC at Covington rather than DL at Tipp? I have been friends with him for multiple years since my nephew went to Butler where he works in district. I would say this is the second coach mentioned to call out another coach by specific name. Called out 2 coaches on the current staff, maybe it was not a head coaching problem? Just my thoughts but what do I know other than Coach Wise.
Old 03-22-18, 08:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
So it appears that TippIsGreat is one of those coaches. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe Wise left to be the DC at Covington rather than DL at Tipp? I have been friends with him for multiple years since my nephew went to Butler where he works in district. I would say this is the second coach mentioned to call out another coach by specific name. Called out 2 coaches on the current staff, maybe it was not a head coaching problem? Just my thoughts but what do I know other than Coach Wise.
Iíve been a member of Yappi a year before Wise or Corbin became coaches at Tipp. And no, Wise was told he didnít have a position at Tipp because a player complained about him. Iím not going to go into details about that but it was one single player, who ended up transferring from Tipp altogether. The rest of the kids were disappointed that Butch was told to leave. I talked to Butch myself about this matter and he wanted to coach at Tipp.
Old 03-22-18, 09:02 AM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
If you are not Coach Corbin then you know as much about the inner workings of this program as I do. Just hearsay that we can just not put in public. If a player complained, it was probably to the Admin. Are you positive Derge let Coach Wise go? Maybe that came from the top. Especially given the issues at Tipp over the last few years and the general pc culture of society in coaches handling of players (see Northmont). It may not have been the Head Coach decision. We dont know.
What does it mean to run a soft program? Not based on the 1970s or the Junction Boys? Many college coaches are not yelling if thats what soft means?

Last edited by HistoryTeacher; 03-22-18 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 03:42 PM
All District

I thought TippIsGreat was Mr. Barhorst as much as he pulled for the Barhorst kid. But being Corbin makes sense!! Corbin helped in basketball at Tipp about two years ago - about the time TippIsGreat came onto the scene. Interesting!!!

Derge is a very good head coach!!! The upper administration has limited coaching hires for years!!! Hard to put a staff together when the superintendent has ALWAYS looked down on hiring teachers that coach. But I have faith in Derge and his program!! He has always had a quality staff, even with the superintendent tying both hands behind his back!!!.

They will continue their winning ways.

Bellbrook - WIN
Shawnee - WIN
Northmont - LOSS
West Carrollton - WIN
Stebbins - WIN
Troy - TOSS UP
Greenville - WIN
Sidney - TOSS UP - probably a win with them coming back down to earth
Piqua - TOSS UP
Butler - TOSS UP

Typically, you go 50-50 in toss up games. So, I see them at 7-3 every year with potential of 5-5 to 9-1.

New Stadium??? Not really. Putting down turf. That's it until more money comes in. Still sitting in crappy bleachers - that are unsafe - just ask the Stebbins family from a couple years ago, horrible press box, candles for lights, still in round house and trailer for locker rooms, still using port o johns, still horrible concession areas. Basically, just adding some nice polish to a turd. Hope when they start other construction, the turf gets protected. Construction dust and all in the turf may not be very good.
Old 03-22-18, 03:47 PM
All District

As far as Wise being told a parent complained about him - welcome to Tipp. That is how Tipp rolls. Parents get what they want, when they want it and how they want it - even if they have to be dishonest to get it. Regardless of how it affects others. Look at other situations in the district. Most policies and regulations, hires and fires, etc. are done because one parent complained. That's Tipp.
Old 03-22-18, 08:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
I thought TippIsGreat was Mr. Barhorst as much as he pulled for the Barhorst kid. But being Corbin makes sense!! Corbin helped in basketball at Tipp about two years ago - about the time TippIsGreat came onto the scene. Interesting!!!

Derge is a very good head coach!!! The upper administration has limited coaching hires for years!!! Hard to put a staff together when the superintendent has ALWAYS looked down on hiring teachers that coach. But I have faith in Derge and his program!! He has always had a quality staff, even with the superintendent tying both hands behind his back!!!.

They will continue their winning ways.

Bellbrook - WIN
Shawnee - WIN
Northmont - LOSS
West Carrollton - WIN
Stebbins - WIN
Troy - TOSS UP
Greenville - WIN
Sidney - TOSS UP - probably a win with them coming back down to earth
Piqua - TOSS UP
Butler - TOSS UP

Typically, you go 50-50 in toss up games. So, I see them at 7-3 every year with potential of 5-5 to 9-1.

New Stadium??? Not really. Putting down turf. That's it until more money comes in. Still sitting in crappy bleachers - that are unsafe - just ask the Stebbins family from a couple years ago, horrible press box, candles for lights, still in round house and trailer for locker rooms, still using port o johns, still horrible concession areas. Basically, just adding some nice polish to a turd. Hope when they start other construction, the turf gets protected. Construction dust and all in the turf may not be very good.
I am not Greg and I am not Corbin. Good guess tho, many players thought I was Stanberry up until yesterday. I guess you can say I am your worst nightmare. But Iíve been an inside source to this program for the past few years
Old 03-22-18, 08:47 PM
All District

Not my nightmare. Maybe Dergeís now. Hard to believe a true Tipp fan would turn so fast. But, thatís Tipp. As long as you get what you want, when you want it, and how you want it, youíre on board, but the second itís not your way - you bolt and look for the next best thing!!!

Derge is a good man and a good coach. His staff is good too. They deserve the communityís full support!!!!
Old 03-22-18, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine being a coach in Tipp. I know someone that was going to apply for the basketball position last year but changed his mind because of tipps reputation.
Old 03-23-18, 06:23 AM
Junior Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
So we got the fired AD and now maybe a fired coach representing here on Yappi! Tipp really is great!!!
Old 03-23-18, 09:21 AM
All American

First and foremost, Derge is a brilliant offensive coach. He is a good Christian man, and he has done a lot of good for kids in Tipp. I hope he succeeds at Tipp. But is it wrong to have an opinion that Tipp won’t be very good next year? No it’s not, maybe it’s not the coach, I just know that the last senior class gave up on the coaches. Maybe that’s more indicative of that group. Maybe this was a bad situation for a good coach, Tipp is the smallest school in the GWOC now by a pretty good margin, and it will be tough to win football games here until the depth and participation increases. I don’t think Derge is a bad coach, I think highly of the man, I just don’t think they are gonna have a good season next year. My original post was pretty harsh and I regret that because I don’t want to put his job in jeopardy in any way. I want him to succeed at Tipp. That doesn’t necessarily mean he will
Old 03-23-18, 01:21 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Politics

The guy that needs to go is the girls basketball coach. it was disgraceful how they lost the regional final. he plays 8 all year and when the going gets tough he subs ONCE in 48 minutes. Meanwhile, Bellbrook plays 9 in the first quarter. We are tied with 3 min left, run out of gas, and lose again. Get him out. At least Derge is not incompetent. Yes, tipp is very political and people who complain get whatever they want. Especially if you are 'tippy" as the locals call them.
Old 03-23-18, 02:32 PM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
I am a Tipp Resident. I have a kid who is going to be a SR. I would like to know if any of you NON Tipp guys can point me in the right direction.

I would like to know where the complaint box is that will GIVE my child the starting position he wants.

Give him the Play time he wants.

How can I make sure we only run the plays that he wants?

OHHHH wait a second! ! ! NO ONE CARES what he WANTS!

What I care about is did he give his team 110% every second?
Did he do his Job for his team?
Did he follow the lead of his Coach?
Did he respect the decisions the coaching staff made?
Did he show the underclass players what they should do and lead by example?

To say that ALL Tipp parents complain until they get what they want is a false statement..

I think Coach D is a good man. He runs the program the best he sees fit. I respect that and will teach my child to respect that!
Old 03-23-18, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
AH HAHAHA, seeing the Tipp drama / soap opera warms my heart!!

Old 03-23-18, 11:08 PM
All Ohio

Tippy Canoe is on a distinguished road
I could stir the pot, but will decline.

I'll lean back and watch the ry
Old 03-24-18, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy Canoe View Post
I could stir the pot, but will decline.

I'll lean back and watch the ry
Lean with it Rock with it
Old 03-26-18, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Prior to Coach Burgbacher coming to Tipp, they were a cellar dweller in the SWBL. Hardly ever competitive between the 50s and the late 80s. Burgbacher comes over from Covington and they immediately started competing. You don’t want to pin all of the success on one coach but Charlie built a great Program at Tipp. It wouldn’t surprise me to see a decline due to his not being there and the increase in competition, even after the GWOC split.
Coaches do make the difference and Milton is a very good example along with Versailles and Valley View.
Kids like to play for certain coaches and maybe Derge doesn’t have the charisma that Charlie had. He was a war horse. Loved the guy, even if he was a Tipp coach.
Old 03-27-18, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Timing is everything sometimes. Charlie showed up at about the same time that the Tipp community began to grow and develop rapidly in the late 80s. His tenure pretty much covered the length of significant community growth, and for a good chunk of that period they were a proverbial "big fish in a small pond". It will be hard for anyone to ever duplicate the same consistent success at Tipp in the GWOC split off league.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-18, 02:10 AM
All Region

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
I had a pretty good hunch about who TippIsGreat is for some time and the initial blast to the program and then the mea culpa later in the thread pretty much confirms it.
WD33, kudos to you. I also believe you represent 75% of the parents at Tipp. It is amazing how a few 'loudmouths' can tarnish the reputation of an entire district. But I would know, my daughter felt the negative impact of one of those parents and the sad part was that person's kids would have been outstanding without all of her BS. Tipp was spoiled for a while with Charlie Burgbacher, Matt Pond and Tom Rettig and it isn't easy living in their shadow, and the move to the GWOC, while the right thing to do, further complicates things for the current coaches. Good luck to the Devils and Mr. H, take a deep breath before jumping on here and spewing some nastiness.
Old 03-29-18, 10:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyCoolDevil View Post
I had a pretty good hunch about who TippIsGreat is for some time and the initial blast to the program and then the mea culpa later in the thread pretty much confirms it.
WD33, kudos to you. I also believe you represent 75% of the parents at Tipp. It is amazing how a few 'loudmouths' can tarnish the reputation of an entire district. But I would know, my daughter felt the negative impact of one of those parents and the sad part was that person's kids would have been outstanding without all of her BS. Tipp was spoiled for a while with Charlie Burgbacher, Matt Pond and Tom Rettig and it isn't easy living in their shadow, and the move to the GWOC, while the right thing to do, further complicates things for the current coaches. Good luck to the Devils and Mr. H, take a deep breath before jumping on here and spewing some nastiness.
If you know my name then say it. If your implying that Iím a loudmouth because i state my opinion about a coach your a hypocrite. Iím allowed to have an opinion just as in anything else.
Old 03-29-18, 10:12 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Timing is everything sometimes. Charlie showed up at about the same time that the Tipp community began to grow and develop rapidly in the late 80s. His tenure pretty much covered the length of significant community growth, and for a good chunk of that period they were a proverbial "big fish in a small pond". It will be hard for anyone to ever duplicate the same consistent success at Tipp in the GWOC split off league.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Iím somewhat older than you and I know that Tipp really started growing actually when they built Springhill development back in the 70s. Tipp did grow quite a bit in the 90s and 2000s but Charlie changed that program. I played against them in the late 70s and early 80s and They were much tougher after he showed up. Growth doesnít always equate into success on the field. Look around.
Old 03-30-18, 09:02 AM
Junior Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
I thought HSSportsfan is what made "Tipp Great"?