Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: The NcK - Mass rivalry is ......
Still the most important high school game in America 12 16.90%
Still the most important game on the schedule 23 32.39%
Losing importance each passing year 20 28.17%
Meaningful mostly to those over 40 11 15.49%
Other than Harbins, just a tune up for the playoffs 5 7.04%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 07-17-18, 01:26 AM
pup pounder pup pounder is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Posts: 258
pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Six pages and 153 posts later the haters are still trying to tell us the Tigers and dawgs are not relavent,,,,,, DUH%2@$.:s#$#$^&*^98ukjlOIJ%Y6t .
Massillon And Mckinley were national powers,,those days were a blast...
the local school districts will never ever experience anything remotely close to that.
Thats why your so butt sore.These days were still pretty outstanding,,,,Get over it.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-17-18, 01:32 AM
pup pounder pup pounder is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Posts: 258
pup pounder is an unknown quantity at this point
https://yehudafm.files.wordpress.com...5/mic-drop.png
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-17-18, 05:27 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,760
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pup pounder View Post
Massillon And Mckinley were national powers,,those days were a blast...the local school districts will never ever experience anything remotely close to that.
Good post. Thanks for proving my point.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-17-18, 09:14 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,795
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
24 titles ! All games in those 24 seasons were played on the field so stick with the little catholic school on Tusc and Massillon people will take care of Massillon.

And you can have your 24 State Championships that the sportswriters subjectively gave Massillon.... that little catholic school on Tusc has 3 State Titles and beat one of the best Ohio Dynasty Football Teams (Coldwater) for the Title couple years ago - on the field - show a little respect!

I always show respect for Mck/Mass as the Foundation of Stark County Football... but Their Game just doesn't mean as much as it used to - that's all!
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-17-18, 09:25 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
And you can have your 24 State Championships that the sportswriters subjectively gave Massillon.... that little catholic school on Tusc has 3 State Titles and beat one of the best Ohio Dynasty Football Teams (Coldwater) for the Title couple years ago - on the field - show a little respect!

I always show respect for Mck/Mass as the Foundation of Stark County Football... but Their Game just doesn't mean as much as it used to - that's all!
Respect is earned not given and you havenít earned any with your outlandish posts.
Great the Tigers love that they have 24 titles, try to catch up and quit riding our tails....
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-17-18, 10:17 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,760
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Great the Tigers love that they have 24 titles, try to catch up and quit riding our tails....

Hard to catch up to poll/paper titles no matter what the number since they don't even exist anymore. So you are def in the paper title lead. Congrats!

The thread topic is about now though. Week 10 games are just different than they used to be.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-17-18, 10:29 AM
OhioBobcatFan06 OhioBobcatFan06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-06-05
Location: ohio bobcats hoops
Posts: 18,257
OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
I'd argue that since Massillon isn't in D-1 anymore, it matters more than ever before. Without this game, how could we crown a true state champion?
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 07-17-18, 10:39 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Hard to catch up to poll/paper titles no matter what the number since they don't even exist anymore. So you are def in the paper title lead. Congrats!

The thread topic is about now though. Week 10 games are just different than they used to be.

Iíve been to 52 week 10 games in a row (2 of them as a player) and not one thing is different other then the fields going from grass to turf.
The energy and build up leading up to Saturday at 2 is exactly the same with the dinners and parades and bonfires.
The atmosphere at each stadium from 9am on is exactly the same.
The energy on the field is exactly the same, the last 4 games have been close in the 4th qtr and the intensity was there at every snap.
I sure didnít notice any player or fan for that matter concerned about the playoffs or some assinine federal league garbage. Itís all about beating your rival that you have played 128 times and getting that bell.
So continue with your bull@$it debate and poll but you are 100% wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 07-17-18, 11:11 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 653
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Iíve been to 52 week 10 games in a row (2 of them as a player) and not one thing is different other then the fields going from grass to turf.
The energy and build up leading up to Saturday at 2 is exactly the same with the dinners and parades and bonfires.
The atmosphere at each stadium from 9am on is exactly the same.
The energy on the field is exactly the same, the last 4 games have been close in the 4th qtr and the intensity was there at every snap.
I sure didnít notice any player or fan for that matter concerned about the playoffs or some assinine federal league garbage. Itís all about beating your rival that you have played 128 times and getting that bell.
So continue with your bull@$it debate and poll but you are 100% wrong.
Are you saying you are close to 70 years old? Boy that fooled me, I pictured you as a 30 something ish, immature, too many hits to the head guy!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 07-17-18, 11:29 AM
DB135 DB135 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-26-01
Location: John 3:17
Posts: 2,426
DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Yet here you are on a high school football forum just posting away and about a team you have no affiliation for whatsoever.
The premise of the topic was to bash Massillon. Therefore the need to define the topic so he could validate a faulty premise! People that chose to do that, of course ignore the fact that college dynasties (e.g. Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc.) face NO such challenges. Also these teams schedules, coaches, players are never reviewed, where they often played all challengers, even if they could only scrimmage them.

Arguments and Argumentation: What is an example of convoluted logic used to avoid reaching an obvious conclusion?




Last edited by DB135; 07-17-18 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 07-17-18, 11:34 AM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,251
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Are you saying you are close to 70 years old? Boy that fooled me, I pictured you as a 30 something ish, immature, too many hits to the head guy!

Maybe your math skills aren't up to par. Take his username into consideration, I'd bet he turns 58 in 2018. He could easily have been to 52 Mass-McK games and not really be that close to approaching 70 yrs. old. Of course you assumed he started attending the games from H.S. on, in reality, most Massillon kids attend this game before the age of 7.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 07-17-18, 11:42 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,252
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Maybe your math skills aren't up to par. Take his username into consideration, I'd bet he turns 58 in 2018. He could easily have been to 52 Mass-McK games and not really be that close to approaching 70 yrs. old. Of course you assumed he started attending the games from H.S. on, in reality, most Massillon kids attend this game before the age of 7.
Yet YOU assume his username indicates his birth year.

You can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 07-17-18, 11:51 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 653
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Maybe your math skills aren't up to par. Take his username into consideration, I'd bet he turns 58 in 2018. He could easily have been to 52 Mass-McK games and not really be that close to approaching 70 yrs. old. Of course you assumed he started attending the games from H.S. on, in reality, most Massillon kids attend this game before the age of 7.
You're right, I took it from his 2 years of playing the game and on not thinking. Nonetheless, how many grandpa aged men are on here this grumpy and mad at the world? How many are on here calling posters and any FL supporters girls 900 times? WOW, hope when I get that age I have life in perspective but who knows I might not? Even you die hard Massillon fans have to wish he'd never found this sight.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 07-17-18, 12:06 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Are you saying you are close to 70 years old? Boy that fooled me, I pictured you as a 30 something ish, immature, too many hits to the head guy!
Math must be rough in Green....
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 07-17-18, 12:08 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
You're right, I took it from his 2 years of playing the game and on not thinking. Nonetheless, how many grandpa aged men are on here this grumpy and mad at the world? How many are on here calling posters and any FL supporters girls 900 times? WOW, hope when I get that age I have life in perspective but who knows I might not? Even you die hard Massillon fans have to wish he'd never found this sight.
Nope just like to point out the ignorant like you and your fed brethren, mack, GregG, my2...etc.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 07-17-18, 12:27 PM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 653
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Nope just like to point out the ignorant like you and your fed brethren, mack, GregG, my2...etc.
And exactly how many of my posts have you pointed out as ignorant? Your stock responses are only: troll, lil girl, but we have more titles, etc. for you to call any posters ignorant is laughable.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 07-17-18, 12:49 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
And exactly how many of my posts have you pointed out as ignorant? Your stock responses are only: troll, lil girl, but we have more titles, etc. for you to call any posters ignorant is laughable.
There are 2 in this thread alone.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 07-18-18, 09:56 AM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,251
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Yet YOU assume his username indicates his birth year.

You can't have it both ways.

And your point is pointless, many people use their birth year in a username all over the internet, fact. Bring relevance to the discussion, not ignorance.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 07-18-18, 10:21 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,795
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
good stuff..... but like we all agree...

McK/Mass game just doesn't mean as much as it use to - that's all !

(unless you are a McK/Mass fan) - now everybody is happy
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 07-18-18, 10:24 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,795
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
And just to let all know I call everything as I see it with no bias regarding any rivalries...

Does Anybody know if Aquinas is going to field a Football Team this year?
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 07-18-18, 11:53 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,252
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
And your point is pointless, many people use their birth year in a username all over the internet, fact.
But, you don't know who is using the correct year and who isn't. You can only assume.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 07-18-18, 01:19 PM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,280
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Is McKinley a State power? Would Massillon be a State power in Div1?

They used to be State powers every time they played.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 07-19-18, 08:47 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,795
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Is McKinley a State power? Would Massillon be a State power in Div1?

They used to be State powers every time they played.
EXACTLY.....

These times are a changing - they already changed!
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 07-19-18, 09:32 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,760
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Reality and change are two flowers that don't grow in some gardens.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 07-19-18, 09:59 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Reality and change are two flowers that don't grow in some gardens.
Jealousy and obsession sure do grow in yours.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 07-19-18, 11:56 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Location: Galena, Ohio
Posts: 596
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Jealousy and obsession sure do grow in yours.
Ts.....get over the jealousy card. Itís you who are insanely jealous of every school who has won a title on the field and within the last 47, 48, 49 or 50 years. However long ago it was.

Now we all wait for your boilerplate response about our math skills. Trust me, it doesnít take a mathematician to understand the concept of ZERO or the concept of A REALLY LONG TIME. Both apply in describing the Massillon Tiger championship quest. Do you get that most folks under 55 doesnít even know any more about Mass football than they do about Rayland Buckeye Local. A vast majority of folks think Perry when the name Massillon is mentioned. The Massillon mystique ended almost a half century ago. Right now The Almighty Massillon Tigers are fighting just to be relevant. Those beauty contest titles from 50-80 years ago mean nothing to the modern day football fan. I think one day the kitties will get one, then you can hang a sign on that old relic building called PBTS that reads:

MASSILLON TIGERS 2047 OHIO PLAYOFF STATE CHAMPIONS......AND TO ALL YOU CRITICS, WE WON IT ON THE FIELD.....even though the AP Poll had us ranked 9th. But as all football fans know, the AP voters know nothing and apply past success to current rankings! GO TIGERS.

Ts....something to chew on... You started to gain some relevance in the first 12 minutes of your final game last year....but you lost that relevancy over the next 36 minutes by getting boat raced once again in the one that counts. Iím guessing youíll go deeper into non relevance when East St. Louis comes a riding into town. I smell a severe whipping getting put on the Tigers
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 07-20-18, 12:02 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 1,851
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
Ts.....get over the jealousy card. Itís you who are insanely jealous of every school who has won a title on the field and within the last 47, 48, 49 or 50 years. However long ago it was.

Now we all wait for your boilerplate response about our math skills. Trust me, it doesnít take a mathematician to understand the concept of ZERO or the concept of A REALLY LONG TIME. Both apply in describing the Massillon Tiger championship quest. Do you get that most folks under 55 doesnít even know any more about Mass football than they do about Rayland Buckeye Local. A vast majority of folks think Perry when the name Massillon is mentioned. The Massillon mystique ended almost a half century ago. Right now The Almighty Massillon Tigers are fighting just to be relevant. Those beauty contest titles from 50-80 years ago mean nothing to the modern day football fan. I think one day the kitties will get one, then you can hang a sign on that old relic building called PBTS that reads:

MASSILLON TIGERS 2047 OHIO PLAYOFF STATE CHAMPIONS......AND TO ALL YOU CRITICS, WE WON IT ON THE FIELD.....even though the AP Poll had us ranked 9th. But as all football fans know, the AP voters know nothing and apply past success to current rankings! GO TIGERS.

Ts....something to chew on... You started to gain some relevance in the first 12 minutes of your final game last year....but you lost that relevancy over the next 36 minutes by getting boat raced once again in the one that counts. Iím guessing youíll go deeper into non relevance when East St. Louis comes a riding into town. I smell a severe whipping getting put on the Tigers
Itís jealousy and thatís a fact. Why in the he77 else would you be posting on a thread that has nothing to do with you river rats ?
Massillon has more titles then the river rats.
Massillon has more all time wins then the river rats.
Massillon dominates the river rats in the all time series.
Now go post on the river rats thread, I know there is what 10 posts on that thread because nobody gives a dam about them.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 07-20-18, 01:01 AM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,839
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
There are a couple posters on here with an unhealthy obsession with (and in some cases jealousy of) Massillon because their own teams aren't as good.

There are a couple posters on here that are living in the past and think Massillon is currently way better than they actually are.

Both of these things can be true at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 07-20-18, 05:02 AM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,312
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
180 posts and this thing gets more ridiculous by the day. In fact, I think the initial premise, albeit total baiting, is long gone by the wayside. Suffice to say, the game is important. As important? Who the he!! knows. Or cares? I know it's not to me. As little as five years ago I NEVER would have missed flying up for the game. Haven't been to one in the last three years. So for me? No. The kids and the community? Probably as important. Close this idiocy down.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 07-20-18, 10:58 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,795
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
180 posts and this thing gets more ridiculous by the day. In fact, I think the initial premise, albeit total baiting, is long gone by the wayside. Suffice to say, the game is important. As important? Who the he!! knows. Or cares? I know it's not to me. As little as five years ago I NEVER would have missed flying up for the game. Haven't been to one in the last three years. So for me? No. The kids and the community? Probably as important. Close this idiocy down.
Ridiculous.... Idiocy..... hmm...sounds like time to start Stark County Banter 2018?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Week 0 (Kentucky) Sykotyk National Football Board 1 12-24-17 11:25 AM
Game Report: Wheelersburg 15 Middletown Madison 10 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 0 11-25-17 11:01 AM
Game REPORT: St. Clairsville 28 Bellaire 14 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 1 10-07-17 11:19 PM
Game report: Sidney 49 Tippecanoe 42 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 26 10-07-17 04:43 PM
Game report: Dayton Christian 14 Ponitz Career Technology Center 6 LICKING COUNTY FAN Football 1 09-08-17 12:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz