Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-17, 10:42 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
NBA happenings

Wanted to start an everyday NBA talk thread. Fair warning, I'm a Sixers fan so I'll tend to post more on them, but I follow the NBA pretty much across the board.

Since I haven't had much to post the last few years regarding the Sixers...#TrustTheProcess...it was really good seeing them win last night at Detroit. Yes, we're 1-3, but we've played Washington, Boston, Toronto and of course, Detroit. The first 3 could be some of the better teams in the weak eastern conference. We gotta start somewhere.

Really, really really like Ben Simmons. He is all that was advertised. A 6'10" point guard. He does not shoot jumpers and is still very effective. Embiid had a really good game last night as well. Had a big lead that we let get away, but had some really good stops and possessions in the final moments. For a young team, we need that experience.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-17, 03:23 PM
All American

Good for the Phoenix Suns in sending Eric Bledsoe home. It's time these million dollar players start respecting their workplace a little more. They are playing a game and making alot of money. And what do you know, he's from Kentucky and played under Calapari.
Old 10-24-17, 05:25 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
And Cal dealt with him and Cousins better than any NBA coach.

Why should they respect the Sun's? Terrible place to play. Ownership is notoriously cheap (literslly has sold multiple picks for cash) they fired their coach after three games. Phoenix is a dumpster fire. But yah it's Cal's fault.

You say the same things about Jah and K?
Old 10-24-17, 06:52 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Fultz seems like a broken man. All his confidence is gone.

Fultz over Lonzo and/or Tatum may end up being an all time bad pick.
Old 10-25-17, 07:04 AM
All American

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/agent-m...204710862.html

Sounds like he may be injured
Old 10-25-17, 07:13 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
I've heard all sorts of theories regarding his shoulder/shot. I don't know what to believe. It's just amazing he messed with his actual jumpshot. If he's doing it because he's hurt, he needs to sit his azz on the bench until he's healed before he permanently messes up his shot.
Old 10-25-17, 08:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
And Cal dealt with him and Cousins better than any NBA coach.

Why should they respect the Sun's? Terrible place to play. Ownership is notoriously cheap (literslly has sold multiple picks for cash) they fired their coach after three games. Phoenix is a dumpster fire. But yah it's Cal's fault.

You say the same things about Jah and K?
I'm pretty sure the "culture" in Durham NC is much different than Lexington. Cal boldly and proudly tells anyone and everyone that he's creating NBA basketball players. I'd like him spend at least a little time having these kids grow up to not be prima donnas. A man in Cal's position with all he's seen should be a really positive thing to all these kids.
What decent franchise would want a guy like Bledsoe? He's a headache. Look at Rajon Rondo, same case. These guys that think they are bigger than the team end up going nowhere.
Old 10-25-17, 08:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I've heard all sorts of theories regarding his shoulder/shot. I don't know what to believe. It's just amazing he messed with his actual jumpshot. If he's doing it because he's hurt, he needs to sit his azz on the bench until he's healed before he permanently messes up his shot.
We've dealt with knees and feet with Embiid/ Okafor and Simmons, guess it's shoulder time now.

Fultz is going to be fine. I like his aggressiveness. If he can't injure it worse, keep him in the rotation and let him play. He just doesn't need to look for shots other than layups. He does alot of other things well and is aggressive. I'm sure in his mind he doesn't want to be put in the same category as recent high Sixer draft picks who sit their first year.
Old 10-25-17, 08:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I'm pretty sure the "culture" in Durham NC is much different than Lexington. Cal boldly and proudly tells anyone and everyone that he's creating NBA basketball players. I'd like him spend at least a little time having these kids grow up to not be prima donnas. A man in Cal's position with all he's seen should be a really positive thing to all these kids.
What decent franchise would want a guy like Bledsoe? He's a headache. Look at Rajon Rondo, same case. These guys that think they are bigger than the team end up going nowhere.
This is simply another case of you not knowing what your talking about, but still giving an uninformed opinion. Much like how you knew absolutely knowing about LeBron's upbringing yet felt the need to say he never struggled with "everyday problems." My guess is you know nothing about the culture in either Lexington or Durham. One has to look no further than De'Aaron Fox's post game interview after they lost in the NCAA tournament this past year to prove you wrong.

I promise you Bledsoe won't have any issue finding another NBA team to call home, much like Rondo who is with the Pelicans.
Old 10-25-17, 08:43 AM
All American

Quote:
We've dealt with knees and feet with Embiid/ Okafor and Simmons, guess it's shoulder time now.

Fultz is going to be fine. I like his aggressiveness. If he can't injure it worse, keep him in the rotation and let him play. He just doesn't need to look for shots other than layups. He does alot of other things well and is aggressive. I'm sure in his mind he doesn't want to be put in the same category as recent high Sixer draft picks who sit their first year.
If he continues on with his shot that has a hitch and gets further and further away from his jumpshot he had at Washington, he won't be fine. Especially since he was drafted #1. I don't know what the hell the 6ers are doing but none of it makes sense. If his shoulder is bothering him so much he can no longer shoot and release like he did at Washington, he needs to sit. If his shoulder isn't affecting it, why the hell are he and the 6ers changing and messing up his jumpshot?
Old 10-25-17, 11:16 AM
All American

Quote:
If he continues on with his shot that has a hitch and gets further and further away from his jumpshot he had at Washington, he won't be fine. Especially since he was drafted #1. I don't know what the hell the 6ers are doing but none of it makes sense. If his shoulder is bothering him so much he can no longer shoot and release like he did at Washington, he needs to sit. If his shoulder isn't affecting it, why the hell are he and the 6ers changing and messing up his jumpshot?
Looks like Fultz will sit for at least 3 games. He's got a shoulder issue although it's not been determined actually what. One report says that he had fluid taken from his shoulder, another says he had a cortesone shot. Either way, he's out for awhile and we'll see what happens. He's 19 years old, it's not time to push the panic button. He's way ahead of our previous first picks because he's already played in a few games his true rookie season. Doesn't get any easier at we host the Rockets tonight, but they are without Chris Paul.
Old 10-25-17, 11:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Rondo didn't play under Cal.

He has had a positive impact on his players, no one can deny that. K has pretty much adopted Cal's philosophy on the one and done. In fact every top basketball program has.

Id say his players have been pretty level headed while at UK. Have stayed out of trouble with the law, very few off court issues at all during his time, including those that go to the pros. You just have a bias against Cal and said something stupid and are doubling down on it.

Yeah he's boldly stating he is getting people to the NBA. That's his job, to do what's best for his athletes. When you look at a guy like Dejuan Wagner who wanted to come back to school and he convinces him to go pro, instead of reaping the benefits of having for multiple years, that's is putting his players first. Had he stayed all four years kid never would have had an NBA contract.

Heck just look how he recruits. He guarantees nothing except you will work hard and he will do what's best for you. How many coaches would have told Anthony Davis or any top recruit there is no guaranteed starting spot or even playing time. He does a fabulous job setting them up for the future.

But haters gonna hate
Old 10-25-17, 11:33 AM
All American

Quote:

I stated in another thread it is completely stupid to change someone's mechanics to the degree they are doing, at this level. His jump shot is what is and he was comfortable with it. Id rather have him be comfortable than mechanically going through his jump shot looking like a fool. That goes for just about any sport
Old 10-26-17, 02:13 PM
All American

Quote:

He has had a positive impact on his players, no one can deny that. K has pretty much adopted Cal's philosophy on the one and done. In fact every top basketball program has.

Id say his players have been pretty level headed while at UK. Have stayed out of trouble with the law, very few off court issues at all during his time, including those that go to the pros. You just have a bias against Cal and said something stupid and are doubling down on it.

Yeah he's boldly stating he is getting people to the NBA. That's his job, to do what's best for his athletes. When you look at a guy like Dejuan Wagner who wanted to come back to school and he convinces him to go pro, instead of reaping the benefits of having for multiple years, that's is putting his players first. Had he stayed all four years kid never would have had an NBA contract.

Heck just look how he recruits. He guarantees nothing except you will work hard and he will do what's best for you. How many coaches would have told Anthony Davis or any top recruit there is no guaranteed starting spot or even playing time. He does a fabulous job setting them up for the future.

But haters gonna hate
Level headed??? Debatable. DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall has had his issues, I'll admit I don't like what Cal does. He de-emphasizes the value of a college education. Yes, he has an Anthony Davis and some other can't miss guys, but what about the other guys that are one or two and done who never make it?
Also, what this culture does is take the AAU prima donna's and just feeds their egos. Then they go to the NBA and guess what? No one has ever come down on this kid. They always make the rules. They get to the highest level and EVERYONE is good. They don't make it?? I applaud the Suns GM who says Bledsoe, you're not playing for us anymore.
Old 10-26-17, 02:14 PM
All American

Quote:

But haters gonna hate
Oh and yes, I knew Rondo was at UK before Cal. Just used him as an example of players who never get it.
Old 10-26-17, 02:17 PM
All American

Quote:
I stated in another thread it is completely stupid to change someone's mechanics to the degree they are doing, at this level. His jump shot is what is and he was comfortable with it. Id rather have him be comfortable than mechanically going through his jump shot looking like a fool. That goes for just about any sport
My guess is his shot is a mess because of shoulder issues. I'd guess once he gets his shoulder in order, his mechanics will come back. I look at him as more of a slasher type anyway. But he will need to make free throws with the style he plays.
Old 10-26-17, 07:12 PM
All American

Quote:
My guess is his shot is a mess because of shoulder issues. I'd guess once he gets his shoulder in order, his mechanics will come back. I look at him as more of a slasher type anyway. But he will need to make free throws with the style he plays.
For his sake I hope it is the shoulder issue and not a mechanics issue. However they have stated they were trying to change his shot. Probably a combination of the both. Let's see how he does when healed. I would like to see the 76ers be good, I loved the idea of "the process". Could be a very exciting team if Embid stays healthy and Simmons continues to improve. I would like to see them draft a pure shooting guard to help space the floor. I know that's JJ's job for now but I'm talking future after this year.

Ben Simmons is so much fun to watch
Old 10-26-17, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Level headed??? Debatable. DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall has had his issues, I'll admit I don't like what Cal does. He de-emphasizes the value of a college education. Yes, he has an Anthony Davis and some other can't miss guys, but what about the other guys that are one or two and done who never make it?
Also, what this culture does is take the AAU prima donna's and just feeds their egos. Then they go to the NBA and guess what? No one has ever come down on this kid. They always make the rules. They get to the highest level and EVERYONE is good. They don't make it?? I applaud the Suns GM who says Bledsoe, you're not playing for us anymore.
I never gave Bledsoe a second thought, but if 14red doesnít like him, Iím now a fan. Hope he lands somewhere great and makes a playoff run.
Old 10-27-17, 06:46 AM
All American

I like how Kyrie and Jah get very little flack from 14red. And somehow K isn't indicted like Cal is in his mind.

Bottom line is most young people have maturity problems. Cal and K have done a great job getting people to the NBA doing what's best for them. They can always go back to school to get their degree after their payday or go to Europe and make great money.

Most of their players have been level headed and have had almost no off the court issues. Which says something about the type of kids they recruit now.
Old 10-27-17, 06:57 AM
All American

Giannis is gonna mess around and win MVP this year. Won't need to develop a reliable outside shot if he keeps this up. jeeze
Old 10-27-17, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I like how Kyrie and Jah get very little flack from 14red. And somehow K isn't indicted like Cal is in his mind.
Yeah, 14red is a huge hypocrite. Surprise everyone!
Old 10-27-17, 07:14 AM
All American

Quote:

Bottom line is most young people have maturity problems. Cal and K have done a great job getting people to the NBA doing what's best for them. They can always go back to school to get their degree after their payday or go to Europe and make great money.

Most of their players have been level headed and have had almost no off the court issues. Which says something about the type of kids they recruit now.
And 14Red doesn't mention a peep about Grayson Allen, who tripped a Louisville player, a FSU player, BC player, a full on kick on Elon's player, shoving FSU's coach. I'm sure I'm missing some things.
Old 10-27-17, 07:40 AM
All American

Bottom line is kids do dumb things, they have people in their ears, they are super competitive and do things in the heat of the moment. They don't have tho t's figured out. None do at that age, they are just under a microscope. However I think it's remarkable both schools players and former players have generally done well on and off the court and haven't had major issues with the law. Both have done tremendous jobs leading young men.
Old 10-27-17, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bottom line is kids do dumb things, they have people in their ears, they are super competitive and do things in the heat of the moment. They don't have tho t's figured out. None do at that age, they are just under a microscope. However I think it's remarkable both schools players and former players have generally done well on and off the court and haven't had major issues with the law. Both have done tremendous jobs leading young men.
Get your head out of Calís azz Turpin. The bottom line is both K and Cal are likely dirty as hełl.
Old 10-27-17, 08:57 AM
All American

But it tastes so good

Probably but it still doesnt negate the fact most of their players have stayed out of trouble

Last edited by Arrogate; 10-27-17 at 09:15 AM..
Old 10-27-17, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

Kyrie thought Milwaukee brought out a court from the 70s.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rt-not-replica

Quote:
"I'm all about safety, so we'll see how it is on my knees, see how it is on everyone's bodies," Irving noted, per Chris Forsberg of ESPN.com. "I know this is a pretty older court and it looks like it's fresh painted as well. I'm just going to do my assessment and go from there."
Old 10-28-17, 12:05 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
He’s said a couple things now that I really wonder if he’s incredibly dumb. Weird though, he sounds smart when he talks.
Old 10-30-17, 11:11 AM
All American

Quote:

The sooner college basketball gets rid of the one and done rule, the better.

And we don't know what off the court issues they have until years later. As we know with the big programs, they are insulated by the local authorities, as they are fans of the programs.

And Grayson Allen is a punk who's really submarined his NBA career. He "could" have been in the league a few years ago, but he's got some mental issues and he may never be able to play at that level.
Old 10-30-17, 11:22 AM
All American

Quote:
The sooner college basketball gets rid of the one and done rule, the better.

And we don't know what off the court issues they have until years later. As we know with the big programs, they are insulated by the local authorities, as they are fans of the programs.

And Grayson Allen is a punk who's really submarined his NBA career. He "could" have been in the league a few years ago, but he's got some mental issues and he may never be able to play at that level.
But you said there isn't a culture problem in Durham. Despite the fact there have been more on the court incidents involving Grayson Allen than Demarcus Cousins and John Wall had combined, on and off the court, while they were at UK.
Old 10-30-17, 02:46 PM
All American

Quote:
But you said there isn't a culture problem in Durham. Despite the fact there have been more on the court incidents involving Grayson Allen than Demarcus Cousins and John Wall had combined, on and off the court, while they were at UK.
I can only think of a rare few players with Coach K who's had any issues, and I don't know if you're counting Kyrie or not, because I'm not? I just don't see the UK players the same way. One the entrance requirements are much less at UK, many of their players (one and dones) don't even go to class the year they are in college. Cal flaunts this culture and is only concerned with getting them pro contracts. The few that make it, fine, but what about the others?