Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-22-19, 05:25 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
I still canít believe they had Arya spend so much time becoming a face stealing assassin only for her to use it a total of 1 time.
I honestly hated that gimmick. And how many times can you go to the well on that before it gets old?
Old 05-22-19, 05:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
twice. The serving girl and Walder

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
I donít understand the rules. Do you just take someoneís face or do you morph into their body as well? Like if Arya tried to steal Jamie Lannisterís face, Iím sure people would notice if he was a foot shorter and 100 lbs lighter.
Old 05-22-19, 05:33 PM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
I donít understand the rules. Do you just take someoneís face or do you morph into their body as well? Like if Arya tried to steal Jamie Lannisterís face, Iím sure people would notice if he was a foot shorter and 100 lbs lighter.
They Frey's didn't seem to notice.

Old 05-22-19, 05:41 PM
All World

Quote:
They Frey's didn't seem to notice.

He was a frail old man covered in cloaks. I could buy that. However, Iím not sure how you could pull off Jamie Lannister. Niklolaj Coster Waldau is 6-2, Maisie Williams is 5-1. People would notice that.
Old 05-22-19, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan
I still can’t believe they had Arya spend so much time becoming a face stealing assassin only for her to use it a total of 1 time.
twice. The serving girl and Walder
One of my favorite "but that doesn't make ANY sense" scenes. Liked it so much, didn't care. If they'd used the face schtick too much it would have worn thin. Once Frey was done, it's best use was as a distraction. Is that Sansa or.. Is the Arya or... From that point on, I was fine if she only broke it out for parties and the grandkids. "peek-a-boo"

Was Frey the only Westeros person she actually ticked off her own list?
Old 05-22-19, 05:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
One of my favorite "but that doesn't make ANY sense" scenes. Liked it so much, didn't care. If they'd used the face schtick too much it would have worn thin. Once Frey was done, it's best use was as a distraction. Is that Sansa or.. Is the Arya or... From that point on, I was fine if she only broke it out for parties and the grandkids. "peek-a-boo"

Was Frey the only Westeros person she actually ticked off her own list?
No, she offed Meryn Trant in the brothel in Braavos. She used a face for that one too so that's 3 times it was used.

She also killed Poliver (or was it Raff..these were switched from book to show) when she got Needle back.

Old 05-22-19, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Poliver was the fat kid, right? Was he listed or just a reaction?

It's been a long 8 seasons. Amazing how easy it is to forget. Your mention of Trant reminds, didn't she also kill Terminator girl? I can't remember how, if she was a listee, if a face was used but pretty sure Arya killed her too.
Old 05-22-19, 08:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Poliver was the fat kid, right? Was he listed or just a reaction?

It's been a long 8 seasons. Amazing how easy it is to forget. Your mention of Trant reminds, didn't she also kill Terminator girl? I can't remember how, if she was a listee, if a face was used but pretty sure Arya killed her too.
Poliver was the Lannister soldier who killed Lommey (Arya's friend) in season 2. Sandor had the infamous chicken conversation with him before the fight at the inn at the end of the season 4 premier.

Old 05-22-19, 09:11 PM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Sure, but the throne could be won first, uniting all of the armies of Westeros. Dany's madness would grow over the course of the war with the WW as she becomes more paranoid about Jon.
I especially like this theory from the ASOIAF Reddit for how the book gets to the same basic ending but by cutting Young Griff the show had to go in a different direction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...ms_are_due_to/

And it also hypothesizes a switch in the order of the final battles. King's Landing then a battle against the white walkers/ others.

Dany goes crazy because another Targaryen (real or not) is the beloved savior who takes the throne first not because of some perceived shunning from the people of Westeros. It also kills Cersei early rather than having her sit in castle for two/ three seasons doing nothing.

Regardless of if that is actually happens I do believe switching the sequence of the final battles makes more sense. And instead of a sudden killing of Dany, Jon Snow has to weigh the decision further because he knows he needs her forces and Dragons to defeat the Others. He then can kill her, refuse the crown, and a live amongst the wildings in the North.

If they were going to keep the order they went with, the killing of Rhagel at King's Landing as the final straw would have been a better trigger for the madness. Instead he is shot through a mountain an episode before.

We know the Starks will be basically the same, Bran as King, Sansa Queen of the North, Arya off to adventure, and Jon riding out North but everyone else and the paths that lead us there will be much different in a Dream of Spring. If it ever gets written.
Old 05-23-19, 07:54 AM
Varsity

Salad76 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's too bad they killed off almost all the good actors only to leave us with the worst of the lot, the Stark kids. Made the last episode a tough watch. At least they kept Dinklage around. He deserves 10 times what everyone else was paid for really carrying the show. The forced comedy didn't help. Awkward. Neither did the double awful moment when they not only stole the ending from Return of the King but also forced in Martin's 'book' at the end.

Walking back into the woods was a nice visual though. I'll give them that.

I'm guessing watching this in real time had to be much better. Binging it over a couple weeks it seemed very predictable while some good actors and characters vanished too fast.

Chernobyl next....
Old 05-24-19, 05:53 AM
All Yappi

They should have had that prequel ready to go, to keep the synergy and interest. I think they weakened their hand for having anything ancient, given that now we know that ultimately it led to nothing. Total interest in the Night King had to have diminished, he was nothing more than the monster under the bed. The rise of the houses should still be interesting but I'm afraid they'll want to focus on Tyrion and quite honestly, he was the moron that won. He had no credibility, he couldn't shut-up, he did little right and they let him pick a direction not based upon anything he had thought about before. Just off the cuff, "let's do this."
Old 05-24-19, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Game of Thrones alternate Animal House ending-

Old 05-24-19, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Game of Thrones alternate Animal House ending-

+1
Begins with the common sense, falls a bit but then rallys hard. The best bits at the end. The pat that was promised. I'll giggle at that through the week.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: