Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-19, 04:58 PM
Freshman

Bandit99 is on a distinguished road
Iíve heard that Toepfer and Richter are switching to a closer school in Fenwick next year. Going to need a lot of non-starters to step up.
Old 05-02-19, 06:11 PM
Freshman

GBM23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit99 View Post
Iíve heard that Toepfer and Richter are switching to a closer school in Fenwick next year. Going to need a lot of non-starters to step up.
Sounds to me like the kids have made their return back on this site.
Old 05-03-19, 01:19 PM
Freshman

footballfan123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
it depends on who is rating him. some (rivals) have him as 3. stars tend to be overrated tho. the guy has damn near 15 power 5 offers and that says alot.
Just checked out his 24/7 account and he's still a 3 star. I agree with you though that it doesn't matter as I was quiet impressed with the offer he has. Can't wait for next season and GBM!
Old 05-08-19, 10:43 AM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
In other news, came across an article about fieldturf from the Motz Group and I was trying to remember exactly what year the fieldturf got put down at the Gerry?

It got me wondering what kind of shape it was in at this point, it's gotta be 10 years old, right?

Last and I'll keep asking until they're gone, but are they please getting rid of those current gold uniforms withe Crusaders on the back? They're so hideous.

Would be nice to have a matching gold and white version of the current navy jersey and pants. That way the three would be interchangeable and I think a design they should keep for a long time.

Also would be cool if the hoops program went to a more traditional looking uniform like what Michigan did with their basketball uniforms, except we would just use the M shield.
Old 05-09-19, 06:26 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
it appears moeller has hired barret cohen.....
This surprised me- not sure in a good way. Can Moeller not find an alum to do the alumni engagement job? Or at least someone who hasnít bashed Moeller for years?
Old 05-09-19, 02:30 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
This surprised me- not sure in a good way. Can Moeller not find an alum to do the alumni engagement job? Or at least someone who hasnít bashed Moeller for years?
apparently not. he did a pretty good job at lasalle but hopefully he does as good of job for us.

It is pretty funny, if you look at his twitter page he has moeller logos photo shopped over his LaSalle gear

and on a side note Braedon Junker committed to University of Chicago today (d3)
Old 05-10-19, 11:45 AM
Junior Varsity

jrody25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post
In other news, came across an article about fieldturf from the Motz Group and I was trying to remember exactly what year the fieldturf got put down at the Gerry?

It got me wondering what kind of shape it was in at this point, it's gotta be 10 years old, right?

Last and I'll keep asking until they're gone, but are they please getting rid of those current gold uniforms withe Crusaders on the back? They're so hideous.

Would be nice to have a matching gold and white version of the current navy jersey and pants. That way the three would be interchangeable and I think a design they should keep for a long time.

Also would be cool if the hoops program went to a more traditional looking uniform like what Michigan did with their basketball uniforms, except we would just use the M shield.

WE NEED NEW WHITES. THEY ARE GROSS. I think the older uniforms (Gold and Grey) are way better then the Blue and White ones we have
Old 05-10-19, 02:26 PM
Junior Varsity

BigMoeFTW is on a distinguished road
one of the better unis as of late. block M. the jerseys seem to actually fit also. the newer ones are way too loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moe1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2991  
Old 05-13-19, 01:18 PM
Freshman

BoneMan15 is on a distinguished road
Where is that Compton kid going? I heard it could be either Fenwick or Lasalle. Either way this is a huge loss for Moeller and the culture that surrounds the program. Nauman needs to find a way to keep him around for at least another year
Old 05-14-19, 10:16 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneMan15 View Post
Where is that Compton kid going? I heard it could be either Fenwick or Lasalle. Either way this is a huge loss for Moeller and the culture that surrounds the program. Nauman needs to find a way to keep him around for at least another year
No one on Moe Varsity of JV roster from 2018 has that last name? Grow up.
Old 05-14-19, 12:00 PM
Freshman

He's a freshman with tremendous talent
Old 05-14-19, 01:59 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneMan15 View Post
He's a freshman with tremendous talent
So which school are you sending your kid to? Just tell us.
Old 05-15-19, 12:59 PM
Freshman

He's not my son; a grade school rival if you will
Old 05-15-19, 01:29 PM
Freshman

soocer is on a distinguished road
nice recovery bud
Old 05-15-19, 10:52 PM
All Ohio

Malik Verdon was offered by Central Michigan today.
Old 05-16-19, 07:06 AM
Freshman

I hope not as QB
Old 05-16-19, 07:43 AM
Freshman

footballfan123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soocer View Post
I hope not as QB
He hasn't gotten enough PT on varsity yet to be making those kind of comments... Let's give the kid a chance before you start jumping to conclusions like that.
Old 05-16-19, 04:52 PM
All Ohio

never want to diminish the accomplishment of a d1 offer but CMU is currently mediocre at best in the MAC. Current HC got fired at Florida after a good run at Colorado State.
Old 05-20-19, 08:54 AM
Freshman

Any predictions on this years record?
Old 05-20-19, 03:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by soocer View Post
Any predictions on this years record?
6-4 or 7-3
Old 05-21-19, 07:17 AM
Freshman

Canitbe99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
He hasn't gotten enough PT on varsity yet to be making those kind of comments... Let's give the kid a chance before you start jumping to conclusions like that.
Makes an interesting point. The recruiting process is a broken system. These kids are getting early offers not based on their performance on the field. Once a kid gets their name in the system things snowball from there. That said, Malik will definitely get his chance this year being the only upperclassmen QB at Moeller.
Old 05-21-19, 10:15 AM
Moderated User

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did Cloud transfer back to Loveland?
Old 05-21-19, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canitbe99 View Post
Makes an interesting point. The recruiting process is a broken system. These kids are getting early offers not based on their performance on the field. Once a kid gets their name in the system things snowball from there. That said, Malik will definitely get his chance this year being the only upperclassmen QB at Moeller.
Possibly, but hes defiantly not the first Moeller kid to not get alot of PT till his junior or senior year to get a scholarship. Part of that is college coaches know the level of competition we play, level of competition for playing time (sitting behind d1 upperclassmen) and how Moeller develops kids. Maybe they consider that to be better than a kid who attends an "average" high school who never comes off the field and may not be taught the best techniques.

Regardless, college coaches livelihoods are on the line by the decisions they make in recruiting and who to offer. Malik didn't get these offers just on a whim.
Old 05-21-19, 12:49 PM
Junior Varsity

taximama24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canitbe99 View Post
That said, Malik will definitely get his chance this year being the only upperclassmen QB at Moeller.
Malik was always going to get his chance, I never heard any doubt that he was the presumed QB1 for the upcoming season. But by "only upperclassmen" you're saying Moeller is losing both backup QBs (the '20 transfer and another '21) then? Is CC heading back to Loveland with Coach Cruse? And does that mean DA is switching positions or going back to Sycamore?
Old 05-21-19, 04:30 PM
Freshman

Canitbe99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Cloud goes back to Loveland, just saying!
Post from way back said that Cloud was going back to Loveland. And Altemuehle has not participated in anything.
Old 05-21-19, 07:07 PM
All Ohio

Just wait a month or so and we will know for sure who is coming back.

On a different topic when will we finally have a video stream of the home games online? I almost enjoy when we play at X since you can just watch it online and its almost like watching TV. Elder also does a decent job. But regardless, I wish they would get our play by play stuff up to date. Why does Moeller feel the need to pay ESP media to do it? I think it was a little better last year but before it sounded like the boys were playing on mars and the stream was constantly cutting in and out.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that Lockland simply didn't have the capacity to do a live stream. But were not at lockland this year. X, Elder and a lot of D3 colleges can pull it off, why can't we? Especially for a school that prides itself in being on top of technology and adapting to modern times.

Let students call it and produce it. Of course with some adult supervision/help if something goes wrong but it would be some good experience for any Moeller students who are interested in sports journalism. I'd have no problem paying like 50 bucks a year for a "subscription" to it and could charge like $5-7 for single game access. Or have it free and sell advertising.