Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 06-21-05, 09:15 PM
moemancc moemancc is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-03
Posts: 2,993
moemancc
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Here is the tentative 800 meter run. Updates, corrections?

800 Meter Run FAT

1. 1:51.76 1992 Jason Williams Princeton State 1st
2. 1:52.06 1969 Reggie McAfee Courter Tech. State 1st
3. 1:52.69 1998 B.J. Cotter St. Xavier State 2nd
4. 1:52.97 2000 Kyle Schreiner St. Xavier Regional 1st
5. 1:53.39 1988 Jason Hauer Mt. Healthy Regional 2nd
6. 1:53.44 1998 Chris Hoeffer La Salle District 1st
7. 1:53.46 1984 Jim Hedrick Lakota State 6th
8. 1:53.48 1986 Ty Olverson Princeton State 1st
9. 1:53.80 1985 Mike Borellis Greenhills State 5th
10. 1:54.12 1983 Mark Courtney Purcell-Marion State 4th
800m 1:53.7 E Miller 1986

That is taken from Glen Este's website. The converted time would be 1:53.94 so he would take 10th.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #92  
Old 06-21-05, 10:32 PM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
800m 1:53.7 E Miller 1986

That is taken from Glen Este's website. The converted time would be 1:53.94 so he would take 10th.
We need a meet for this one. I was a friend of Eric's, but I can't find anything that backs up this time. Perhaps Lancermania can provide some insight.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-21-05, 10:35 PM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by skins99
anderson ran i think a 7:56.8 to win state way back in time for the 3200 relay. jeff hamilton (god i hope i have his name right) owns the anderson record for high jump at 6'8"
Anderson ran an 8:05.7 to win the OATCCCA Ohio Classic Track Meet in 1977. This is the relay to which I think you are refering (sp?).
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-21-05, 10:56 PM
impartial observer impartial observer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-04
Posts: 1,396
impartial observer
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
4x800 relay

St Xavier 2003 7:42.79
St Xavier 2004 7:47.77
Lasalle 2003 7:49.06
Lakota E 2005 7:49.69
Lasalle 2002 7:50.19
Moeller 2004 7:52.03
St Xavier 2005 7:54.04
Lakota W 2004 7:55.74
Colerain 1999 7:55.84
Kings 2001 7:57.59

Again I need times for this list, preferably the GMC teams like Princeton, because I believe they held the city record before X.
I'm pretty sure Princeton had the record dating back to the 80s, I thought they posted a 7:43 but I'm not sure. Someone may also want to check on the 92 Vikes with J Williams. I know they got DQ'd at the District meet but they may have posted a pretty fast time at Roosevelt or some other regular season meet that year. One team I am sure about is 1994 LaSalle with Bockenstette. They placed 4th or 5th at state with a 7:52.?? enroute to the team title. I'm sure Lancermania can give the specifics, but that team easily makes the above top ten list.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-21-05, 11:01 PM
impartial observer impartial observer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-04
Posts: 1,396
impartial observer
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Here is the tentative 800 meter run. Updates, corrections?

800 Meter Run FAT

1. 1:51.76 1992 Jason Williams Princeton State 1st
2. 1:52.06 1969 Reggie McAfee Courter Tech. State 1st
3. 1:52.69 1998 B.J. Cotter St. Xavier State 2nd
4. 1:52.97 2000 Kyle Schreiner St. Xavier Regional 1st
5. 1:53.39 1988 Jason Hauer Mt. Healthy Regional 2nd
6. 1:53.44 1998 Chris Hoeffer La Salle District 1st
7. 1:53.46 1984 Jim Hedrick Lakota State 6th
8. 1:53.48 1986 Ty Olverson Princeton State 1st
9. 1:53.80 1985 Mike Borellis Greenhills State 5th
10. 1:54.12 1983 Mark Courtney Purcell-Marion State 4th
Check the 1998 Fairfield District Results...I thought Hoeffer barely outkicked Adam Thomas to take the 800 title. If that's the case, Thomas' time from that race may put him in the top 10.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-21-05, 11:48 PM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
4x800 relay

St Xavier 2003 7:42.79
St Xavier 2004 7:47.77
Lasalle 2003 7:49.06
Lakota E 2005 7:49.69
Lasalle 2002 7:50.19
Moeller 2004 7:52.03
St Xavier 2005 7:54.04
Lakota W 2004 7:55.74
Colerain 1999 7:55.84
Kings 2001 7:57.59

Again I need times for this list, preferably the GMC teams like Princeton, because I believe they held the city record before X.
Talk about a rough list to make:

Princeton, 7:46.00, 1986
Princeton, 7:46.80, 1988
Princeton, 7:47.86, 1989
Princeton, 7:48.98, 1985
St. Xavier, 7:50.29, 1998

All of these times are from the state meet.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-21-05, 11:52 PM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by impartial observer
One team I am sure about is 1994 LaSalle with Bockenstette. They placed 4th or 5th at state with a 7:52.?? enroute to the team title. I'm sure Lancermania can give the specifics, but that team easily makes the above top ten list.
I thought they had a chance too, until I unearthed the parade of Princeton times from the 80s...
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-21-05, 11:58 PM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
High Jump-

Jeff Ross Lakota 1974 7' 0.25"
Ryan Fitzpatric Moeller 1998 6' 11.25"
Jason Kimble Elder 1991 6' 11"
Steve Esterkamp Lasalle 1999 6' 9"
Mike Whitehead Colerain 1974 6' 8"
Richard Adams Colerain 1974 6' 8"
Jamal White Colerain 1998 6' 8"
David Griffin LW 2004 6' 8"
Jeff Hamilton Anderson ??? 6' 8"
Nick Vehr St. X 1976 6' 7"


Help guys these are 9 guys I've come up with so far. I know that there have to be others out there that I can't find. If you older guys could provide some information it could be a bit helpful and we could come up with 10 or so guys.
Here's the best I could get from my results. I'm sure Lancermania can assist on this one.

Derrick Childs, Northwest, 7' 0", 1989
Higgins, Hamilton, 7' 0", 1991
Mike Whitehead, Princeton, 6' 9", 1975
Eric Seitz, Fairfield, 6' 9", 1994 & 95
Aaron Hurst, Lakota, 6' 9", 1997
J Tubbs, Northwest, 6' 8", 1992
Shaw, Lebanon, 6' 8", 1993
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-22-05, 12:12 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
Pole Vault

1. Tim Roa Elder 2003 15' 10"* GCL Championships
2. John Russell Princeton 2002 15' 9"* AOC National
3. Brent Walter Moeller 2001 15' 7" District Championships
3. Chris Smith Princeton 2001 15' 7" District Championships
5. Drew Walter Moeller 1999 15' 6"* State Championships
6. Eric Keyes Princeton 2005 15' 3"* Midwest Meet of Champions
6. Jake Andreadis Anderson 1995 15'3"* Regional Championships
8. Ben Novak Turpin 1994 15' 2"
9. David Rimmer Mt. Healthy 1966 15' 1"*
10. Dan Woestman St. X 1999 15' 0" District Championships
10. Dan Albrinck Lasalle 2001 15' 0" Regional Championships
10. Kelly Tenbrink Lasalle 2000 15' 0"
10. John Porter Anderson 2003 15' 0" Regional Championships
10. Adam Klotzbach Fairfield 1999 15' 0" State Championships

the * denotes state champ
Dave Rimmer won state in 1966 with his 15'1"
Kelly Tenbrink won regional in 2000 with his 15'0"
Dan Albrinck was third at the regional in 2001 with his 15'0"
skins99 do you know when Novak of Turpin did his 15'2"?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 06-22-05, 12:28 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by skins99
anderson ran i think a 7:56.8 to win state way back in time for the 3200 relay. jeff hamilton (god i hope i have his name right) owns the anderson record for high jump at 6'8"
First year for the 4 X 800 relay at the state level was 1982.

First Cincinnati team to score was Princeton in 1985 at 4th with a 7:48.98. I'm all for putting down the names in the relays. What say you other Committee guys?

1985 - Princeton - 4th - State - 7:48.98 -Dan Vaughn, Julian Wagner, Ron Seniours, Tyrone Olverson.

1986 - Princeton - 1st - State - 7:46.00 - Julian Wagner, Larry Mathews, Allen Degraffenreid, Ty Olverson.

1988 - Princeton - 2nd - State - 7:46.80 - Gordon Benning, Jeff Hemphill, Joe Cooper, Al Pegraffenreid.

1989 - Princeton - 1st - State - 7:47.86 - Gordon Benning, Ty Pates, Jason Williams, Joe Cooper.

1994 - La Salle - 4th - State - 7:52.70 - Scott Sievering, Dean Fulmer, Brian Roller, Doug Bockenstette.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 06-22-05, 12:35 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by skins99
anderson ran i think a 7:56.8 to win state way back in time for the 3200 relay. jeff hamilton (god i hope i have his name right) owns the anderson record for high jump at 6'8"
I checked all the state results since 1982 when they started the 4 X 800 relay. Anderson never scored at the state meet.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-22-05, 12:40 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by impartial observer
Check the 1998 Fairfield District Results...I thought Hoeffer barely outkicked Adam Thomas to take the 800 title. If that's the case, Thomas' time from that race may put him in the top 10.
Adam Thomas was second in 1:55.6
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-22-05, 12:52 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Seek Up
Here's the best I could get from my results. I'm sure Lancermania can assist on this one.

Derrick Childs, Northwest, 7' 0", 1989
Higgins, Hamilton, 7' 0", 1991
Mike Whitehead, Princeton, 6' 9", 1975
Eric Seitz, Fairfield, 6' 9", 1994 & 95
Aaron Hurst, Lakota, 6' 9", 1997
J Tubbs, Northwest, 6' 8", 1992
Shaw, Lebanon, 6' 8", 1993
Jeff Hamilton - Anderson - State - 4th - 6'8" - 1985
Erik Reynolds - Lakota West - State - 1st - 6'7" - 2001
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-22-05, 01:00 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
800m 1:53.7 E Miller 1986

That is taken from Glen Este's website. The converted time would be 1:53.94 so he would take 10th.
In the final honor roll from the Enquirer it has Eric Miller's best at 1:55.8. Seek Up, didn't he run for Queen City in cross country?
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-22-05, 01:09 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by impartial observer
I'm pretty sure Princeton had the record dating back to the 80s, I thought they posted a 7:43 but I'm not sure. Someone may also want to check on the 92 Vikes with J Williams. I know they got DQ'd at the District meet but they may have posted a pretty fast time at Roosevelt or some other regular season meet that year. One team I am sure about is 1994 LaSalle with Bockenstette. They placed 4th or 5th at state with a 7:52.?? enroute to the team title. I'm sure Lancermania can give the specifics, but that team easily makes the above top ten list.
Accordin to the honor roll from 1992, Princeton never ran faster than 8:11 which is the last team on the list.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-22-05, 01:12 AM
moemancc moemancc is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-03
Posts: 2,993
moemancc
Thanks guys I'll edit the above list. I didn't even think to look of that lasalle team with bockenstette. I'll add names later but for now I just want to get 10 teams.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-22-05, 01:22 AM
moemancc moemancc is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-03
Posts: 2,993
moemancc
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Jeff Hamilton - Anderson - State - 4th - 6'8" - 1985
Erik Reynolds - Lakota West - State - 1st - 6'7" - 2001
Derrick Childs, Northwest, 7' 0", 1989
Higgins, Hamilton, 7' 0", 1991
Mike Whitehead, Princeton, 6' 9", 1975
Eric Seitz, Fairfield, 6' 9", 1994 & 95
Aaron Hurst, Lakota, 6' 9", 1997
J Tubbs, Northwest, 6' 8", 1992
Shaw, Lebanon, 6' 8", 1993
Alright let me go back and add these guys in. Keep any new results coming.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-22-05, 01:34 AM
moemancc moemancc is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-03
Posts: 2,993
moemancc
The top ten lists for high jump and the 4x8 have been put together. I need names for some of those relays and I would like meets for the high jump if at all possible. If any team has broken 7:50 or any person who has jumped 6' 9" or better is not on that list let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-22-05, 01:53 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Here is the tentative 300 meters intermediate hurdles (36") top ten. Updates, corrections?

300 Meters Intermediate Hurdles FAT
1. 36.38 1988 Glen Terry Sycamore State 1st
2. 37.35 1988 Clinton Davis Forest Park State 1st
3. 37.72 1996 Jason Babinec Milford State 4th
4. 38.08 1996 Mike Sickles Princeton State 5th
5. 38.26 1998 Pierre Wooten Winton Woods Regional 1st
38.26 2002 Mike Bode Milford State 5th
7. 38.53 Calvin Bostic Forest Park State 1st
8. 38.61 1996 Marvin Sutton Hamilton Regional 3rd
9. 38.63 1997 Alex Bannister Hughes State 5th
10. 38.65 Ian Fulton Wyoming State 2nd

Last edited by Lancermania; 06-23-05 at 12:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-22-05, 05:48 AM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,305
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
ill have to check guys but i remember the school record for the 3200 relay being in the 7's
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-22-05, 05:49 AM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,305
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
wow, i might have to start calling milford "hurdle high"
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-22-05, 07:31 AM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,305
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
you mean this richard adams?

that is the one and the same. I talked to him last night and he remember whitehead doing at least 6' 9" and 3/4
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-22-05, 08:21 AM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
The top ten lists for high jump and the 4x8 have been put together. I need names for some of those relays and I would like meets for the high jump if at all possible. If any team has broken 7:50 or any person who has jumped 6' 9" or better is not on that list let me know.
For the St. X entries:

1998, 7:50.29, Dan Fritz/Kyle Schreiner/Reade Kidd/B.J. Cotter

2004, 7:47.77, Tommy Balmat/Randy King/Andrew McEvoy/Rick King

2003, 7:42.79, Randy King/Dave Dinouscio/Kyle Kowalski/Chris Corgiat
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-22-05, 08:24 AM
Seek Up Seek Up is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-09-04
Location: Mason, OH
Posts: 1,764
Seek Up
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
The top ten lists for high jump and the 4x8 have been put together. I need names for some of those relays and I would like meets for the high jump if at all possible.
I pulled most of the performances directly from Enquirer honor rolls. Childs was state meet. Whitehead was regional meet. I'll have to get back to you on the others.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-22-05, 09:10 AM
impartial observer impartial observer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-04
Posts: 1,396
impartial observer
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Adam Thomas was second in 1:55.6
Thanks...I guess it wasn't quite as close as I remembered it to be.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-22-05, 09:13 AM
impartial observer impartial observer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-26-04
Posts: 1,396
impartial observer
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Accordin to the honor roll from 1992, Princeton never ran faster than 8:11 which is the last team on the list.
Oh well, it was just a thought. That team was capable of running a lot faster with Williams as the anchor. It's ashame they didn't get to run at the State Meet that year. Thanks for checking the results anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-22-05, 10:50 AM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by moemancc
High Jump-

Jeff Ross Lakota 1974 7' 0.25"
Derrick Childs Northwest 1989 7' 0"
Higgins Hamilton 1991 7' 0"
Ryan Fitzpatric Moeller 1998 6' 11.25"
Jason Kimble Elder 1991 6' 11"
Mike Whitehead Princeton 1975 6' 9"
Eric Seitz Fairfield 1995 6' 9"
Eric Seitz Fairfield 1994 6' 9"
Steve Esterkamp Lasalle 1999 6' 9"
Aaron Hurst Lakota 1997 6'9"

There are your 10 guys for the high jump. I just need some meets now on these guys if at all possible and any other guy who has cleared 6' 9".
Jeff Ross of Lakota went 7'0" in 1979 not 1974 at the district.
Brian Bruner of Mt. Healthy high jumped 6'9" at the Colerain Invitational in 1981. He should be tied with the others at 6'9".
Steve Esterkamp won the Princeton Invitational at 6'9" in 1999.
Eric Higgins - District - 1991 - 7'0"
Mike Whitehead - Regional - 1st - 1975 - 6'9"
Derrick Childs - State - 1st - 1989 - 7'0"
Jason Kimble - State - 1991 - 2nd - 6'10"
Aaron Hurst - State - 1997 - 3rd - 6'9"

You have Eric Seitz down twice. We are only using a career best. Take out the 1995 for Seitz. Othewise, Steve Padget would be on the 3200 meters list at least five times. I don't think we want that.

Last edited by Lancermania; 06-22-05 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-22-05, 11:03 AM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,305
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
ok, now long jump
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-22-05, 12:21 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,249
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by skins99
wow, i might have to start calling milford "hurdle high"
Forest Park is the 300 meters hurdles school.
La Salle is the 320 meters run school.
Princeton is the pole vault school.
Princeton is the 4 X 800 meters relay school.
St. Xavier is the 800 meters run school.
Lakota East in the high jump school.
La Salle is the 1600 meters run school.

Last edited by Lancermania; 06-23-05 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-22-05, 12:28 PM
skins99's Avatar
skins99 skins99 is offline
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Location: "Work is the scourge of t
Posts: 27,305
skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancermania
Milford is the 300 meters hurdles school.
La Salle is the 320 meters run school.
Princeton is the pole vault school
Princeton is the 4 X 800 meters relay school.
that seems to be the case, anderson is the we run a good meet school
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz