Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-19-17, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

Bitterrunner-up
Ha! I get that. Let me be clear..I'm not bitter because of a ref or a call. I'm bitter that I wasn't the better wrestler that day. That's on me.
Old 03-19-17, 11:47 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHiatt View Post
Match would have been tied. Strategy different. Bo's not chasing. Does he automatically win if correct call was made. Nope. Does he automatically lose if correct call was made. Nope.
Agreed. It is silly to suggest that "Hall would have won anyway" given the last takedown. No way Bo leaves himself open like that if the stall is called after Hall blocks for the 5th time. I saw nothing in the previous 6:50 that suggests that's true. I think we were all robbed by not seeing OT in that one.

It is what it is though. It happens in wrestling. Hats off to Penn Stat. it was d@mn impressive what they pulled off yesterday. All of the kids (except Hall IMHO) really got after it and were generally looking to score from whistle to whistle. And scary that all of them are returning.
Old 03-19-17, 12:24 PM
All Region

FunkRoll is on a distinguished road
As quick as they award two in college I cannot understand why he didnt get the takedown...I have seen takedowns awarded for far less control than that.
Old 03-19-17, 01:31 PM
All American

BHiatt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterrunner-up View Post
Ha! I get that. Let me be clear..I'm not bitter because of a ref or a call. I'm bitter that I wasn't the better wrestler that day. That's on me.
I'm just busting you potatoes.
Old 03-19-17, 01:32 PM
All Region

oliver hazard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_96 View Post

Serious point of note concerning B1Gs and NCAAs...I've always felt that a team title at B1Gs doesn't and usually won't mean a title at NCAAs. I feel at NCAAs, the studs are able to shine a bit brighter. Maybe I'm wrong about that or not explaining it well enough.

History does not support your opinion. In the last 30 years..there have only been 9 times where the B1G Champion has NOT won the NCAA...and 8 of those 9 was because it wasn't won by a Big 10 team.

Okie St won 7 titles, Arizona St won 1...and the Buckeyes this year..are the only B1G team to win the conference but lose the NCAA title to another B1G team.

as many of us are saying..OSU's B1G title and national runner-up is something 74 of 76 D1 programs would love to aspire to.
Old 03-19-17, 01:51 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
I just watched it again and I'm even more pissed! it was definitely a td. Had the legs hooked and covered hall whose hand was on the mat flat. If that's not a td in college I don't know what is.
Match would not have been tied...bo would have been up one.
Totally changes strategy.
And I counted NINE times bo attempted to shoot on hall in the last min and a half. The first 4 in 45 secs finally got a warning. The las 5 attempts with backing blocking holding clutching got NOTHING!
After his last desperation attempt hall struck and took him down which was meaningless.
He blocked the whole period and only got hit once???
Ok he deserved it. Smh the great CS got that for him!
Old 03-19-17, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
I'm no Bo homer, but that is complete and utter B.S.

Though it may have been proven true had we seen the OT that should have followed the second stall call that should have been called at about :15 mark after Hall blocked 5 straight times.
Bo got beat by a smaller opponent that out wrestled him , that is not even debatable. when your begging for flash take downs where no control is evident and stall calls , that only proves the point. what you should be complaining about is why Bo did so little wrestling for the first 5 minutes of the match, and why mark hall seems to get better with every match and Bo doesnt.
Old 03-19-17, 02:48 PM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
Ummm maybe because he hasn't had the mat time because of his injury???
Maybe so.

Didn't mean for my question to come across so negative. Apparently we are only allowed to be thankful, merry and full of glee after a runner up finish and no discussing (yet) what needs to improve.
Old 03-19-17, 03:23 PM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Bo got beat by a smaller opponent that out wrestled him , that is not even debatable. when your begging for flash take downs where no control is evident and stall calls , that only proves the point. what you should be complaining about is why Bo did so little wrestling for the first 5 minutes of the match, and why mark hall seems to get better with every match and Bo doesnt.
It is amazing how people can watch the same match and come to such opposing conclusions. You can say a lot of things about that match, but to say Hall wrestled more or was more active, is a complete mystery. He had an amazing counter to what should/could have been a TD. He won the match on that sequence and did not much of anything else.
Old 03-19-17, 04:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
Bo got beat by a smaller opponent that out wrestled him , that is not even debatable.
Replays are readily available. I''d love to be enlightened on this one, your eminence. Please site examples, by move and time sequence, when said "out wrestling" occurred.
Old 03-19-17, 04:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Bear73 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone realize that the 110 points Ohio State scored would have won 5 of the last 11 NCAA championships! You can spend time complaining about whatever you want, the "what if's", and "it should have been's" aren't going to change a thing! I am proud of the way the Buckeyes wrestled and look forward to next year. I believe it is only going to get better!
Old 03-19-17, 05:00 PM
All District

CoachHoversten is on a distinguished road
Simple fact, winning changes perspective. Ohio State winning last year makes people believe (subconsciously?) anything less is a step backwards, a threat of the path back to mediocrity.

The Penn State team that just won was not getting beat. Many people who post on here also post about HS. Can't help but notice the difference between perspectives about HS kids versus college. People bashing OSU were not bashing Elyria, or whoever took 2nd in D2.

People are allowed to have their beliefs and nothing I or anyone else says is going to change their opinion unless they are open to it.

That said, my opinion is that Ohio State did their school and themselves proud. No one left the mat making a casual fan or a fan of another conference school saying "those guys are ****" like certain unnamed schools do (cough black and gold)

OSU had a major contributor hurt early, a solid guy wrestling up a weight, a 125 who wrestled heavier than that in HS and still took 2nd in nation.

My final thought....for everyone saying Ryan can't coach. You can't have it both ways and say he doesn't get guys to improve and not give credit for K Moore. That kid excelled well beyond expectations and Pletcher didn't go 0-2 at NCAAs up a weight (brutal to do in D1 wrestling).

If you expect nothing but first place, move to Massachusetts. Oh wait, the celtics haven't won in how long? Boston college? Nope. Harvard, no chance. UMass? Noooo. Never mind.
Old 03-19-17, 05:11 PM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1
We can argue what if. It isn't gonna change that Bo got hosed out of 2 points. It isn't gonna change that Hall did nothing but stall and back up just about the whole 3rd period. What could change is having non-mat officials reviewing the challenges. Why have the official who missed a call review their own possible mistake. Just like in other sports they should have a different set of officials review all challenges.
Old 03-19-17, 06:21 PM
All Ohio

ROCKETBOOSTER is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Mark Hall he wrestled the better match and deserved to win regardless of the refs. I am sure he was out weighed by at least 15 ponds in that match. For an undersized true freshmen to win that weight class is quite the accomplishment. Jordon got his gift in the semis when Realbuto flopped on his back after wrestling almost a perfect 6 and half minutes.
Old 03-19-17, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETBOOSTER View Post
Congrats to Mark Hall he wrestled the better match and deserved to win regardless of the refs. I am sure he was out weighed by at least 15 ponds in that match. For an undersized true freshmen to win that weight class is quite the accomplishment. Jordon got his gift in the semis when Realbuto flopped on his back after wrestling almost a perfect 6 and half minutes.
Snyder was out weighed by 40. Big deal.
Old 03-19-17, 06:44 PM
All District

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
The missed call

If the ref gives two when he had it Jordan would have kept wrestling and would have never got reversed. Totally poor officiating, I feel he tried to hold that position to get the takedown thus got out of position and reversed! Ref froze and did not have guts to do right thing
Old 03-19-17, 07:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Myrmidon is on a distinguished road
Sorry I like Bo in all honesty maybe my favorite but Hall had his leg the whole time I was there saw it live it was close but all the crying about it doesnt change facts .Bo handled himself perfectly a true credit to himself and the sport.
Old 03-19-17, 07:19 PM
Junior Varsity

meluvwrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye View Post
No, just stupid.
Then what your saying is that Tom Ryan is stupid too because his expectation is to win a national championship, not runner up.
Old 03-19-17, 08:02 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Replays are readily available. I''d love to be enlightened on this one, your eminence. Please site examples, by move and time sequence, when said "out wrestling" occurred.
Hall's only chance to beat the bigger and stronger Bo was to use defensive strategy which he did through out the entire match. Bo fell right into his trap. imo.
Old 03-19-17, 08:05 PM
All District

Lucksman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
Sorry I like Bo in all honesty maybe my favorite but Hall had his leg the whole time I was there saw it live it was close but all the crying about it doesnt change facts .Bo handled himself perfectly a true credit to himself and the sport.
Good lord I hope you are not a ref with that eye sight. I watched it 4 times on TV and there is no way that wasn't 2. Ref FROZE
Old 03-19-17, 08:31 PM
All District

jujutsuguy219 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Only to a point.
Yes I agree, Hall wrestled very well himself. But did seem to get a little preferential treatment.
Old 03-19-17, 09:15 PM
Junior Varsity

You watched it on TV ? I was there watched it over and.over and .....dont tell anyone ...I taped it .Mark had his leg no control .Hall got some.good treatment in the Valencia match doubt any other wrestler would have got Valencias td reversed .
Unless you were wrestling a graham kid in.Ohio.
Old 03-19-17, 09:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Yes Realbuto blew it for sure Bo just wrestled and took advantage as anyone would.
Old 03-19-17, 11:01 PM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidon View Post
You watched it on TV ? I was there watched it over and.over and .....dont tell anyone ...I taped it .Mark had his leg no control .Hall got some.good treatment in the Valencia match doubt any other wrestler would have got Valencias td reversed .
Unless you were wrestling a graham kid in.Ohio.
Valencia almost ripped his headgear off...
Old 03-20-17, 05:26 AM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meluvwrestling View Post
Then what your saying is that Tom Ryan is stupid too because his expectation is to win a national championship, not runner up.
* - you're
Old 03-20-17, 06:56 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was either outwrestled or the refs screwed him.

Pick one.
Old 03-20-17, 07:00 AM
Freshman

Cougar-Pride is on a distinguished road
Bo should just start helping Dad with those wrestling camps now and with the endorsements help support his own little family now.
Dad will retire soon.. maybe a Graham replacement coach?
Old 03-20-17, 07:12 AM
All Ohio

Bo Jordan has represented himself and OSU very well. Interesting to me that anybody would criticize the guy. Three time AA with a another chance next year. He may never get it but I will be rooting for him. In the meantime, let the bandwagon jumpers drool over Hall. He will be the hunted now and given how he handled himself after the match, Bo won't be the only one motivated to knock him down a notch.
Old 03-20-17, 07:27 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
Bo Jordan has represented himself and OSU very well. Interesting to me that anybody would criticize the guy. Three time AA with a another chance next year. He may never get it but I will be rooting for him. In the meantime, let the bandwagon jumpers drool over Hall. He will be the hunted now and given how he handled himself after the match, Bo won't be the only one motivated to knock him down a notch.
So true!
I hope bo can get/stay healthy with the toe/foot situation. It really is a shame how much people have slammed him for not really knowing how much pain this guy has gone thru. And he still has "underachieved" going 3,3,2. Smh!
I know hall is only going to get better and bigger. I think bo can do it if he can be healthy. And I an totally routing for the "married grown man with kids" in the biggest Way next yr so he really can go out in the sunset!
I'll bet that image of hall standing over bo with his arms crossed will burn in his mind for a yr.
Old 03-20-17, 07:33 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Pick one.
I did.