Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Pickerington Central (25-2) vs Pickerington North (21-6)
Pickerington Central (25-2) 6 100.00%
Pickerington North (21-6) 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-17, 03:26 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
D1 Columbus Regional Final: Pickerington Central (25-2) vs Pickerington North (21-6)

D1 Columbus Regional Final: 03/18 - 7:00 PM @ Ohio Dominican University

Pickerington Central (25-2) vs Pickerington North (21-6)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-17, 06:13 PM
All Ohio

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
They say it's tough to beat the same team 3 times but we'll see. PC is having fun and playing wide open. PN is peaking at the right time and always plays their cross town rival tough. Lots of talent in Pickerington and this more than proves it.
Old 03-18-17, 10:12 PM
All District

TigerA
Pick Central REALLY played well tonight. By far the best they've played in the three games against North. Hunter did what he could, but really didn't get the help he needed from his teammates to make this a game. Francis is a absolute beast of a player. Can't wait to see the game vs Moeller on Friday.

Bob Huggins even in attendance. He must've taken a direct flight from Buffalo after his Mountaineers beat the Irish earlier this afternoon. He probably wouldn't mind having both Hunter and Francis I'd bet......lol.
Old 03-18-17, 11:00 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Picktown Central also had the advantage of the easier regional semifinal opponent. If Picktown North could have beaten both UA and Picktown Central back-to-back, that would have been quite an accomplishment.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/201...regional-final
Old 03-19-17, 06:52 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
Picktown Central also had the advantage of the easier regional semifinal opponent. If Picktown North could have beaten both UA and Picktown Central back-to-back, that would have been quite an accomplishment.

There you go again mildcat........make sure you don't give PC any credit. They DOMINATED North.
Old 03-19-17, 10:43 AM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
There you go again mildcat........make sure you don't give PC any credit. They DOMINATED North.
There you go again, Mr. Thin Skin. That wasn't even remotely a slight on Central, it was giving credit to North, which I'm sure you can't stand, because you're so insecure.

I guess you're so thin-skinned, because the football Tigers can't win the really big game when it counts.

How about them apples?
Old 03-19-17, 11:18 AM
All District

TigerA
Quote:

I'm not sure that they had an easier semifinal opponent. UA didn't match up w/North at all. I'm not sure if they would've even be able to stay on the floor w/Central. At least St Charles and North could somewhat match up with them physically. UA would not have been able to at all.

If anything, I think having 1 day more rest than North may have made a difference in the point spread and was a much bigger deal than who the semi-final opponent was.
Old 03-19-17, 11:26 AM
All District

TigerA
One other point I would raise here. Something HAS to be done about the venue for boys Division I regional in Central Ohio. They easily could've sold double the tickets if not triple. Ohio Dominican is a nice site, perfect size for girls DI districts, but for Boys DI Districts and Regionals it is WAAAAYYYYYY to small. Every one of the other 15 Boys regionals is held at a venue with at least 4,400 seating capacity (5,500 in DI). Say what you will about the Fairgrounds coliseum with it's shooting background and age, at least it was a venue capable of holding a much larger # of spectators. Also, the traffic & parking situation there at ODU is horrendous.

Last edited by TigerA; 03-19-17 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-19-17, 11:38 AM
Yappi Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerA View Post
I'm not sure that they had an easier semifinal opponent. UA didn't match up w/North at all. I'm not sure if they would've even be able to stay on the floor w/Central. At least St Charles and North could somewhat match up with them physically. UA would not have been able to at all.
St. Charles wouldn't have even made the regionals if Hilliard Davidson hadn't upset Westerville South in the district semis. I would say the upsets along the way have a material impact on the later rounds, IMO.
Old 03-19-17, 04:08 PM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerA View Post
One other point I would raise here. Something HAS to be done about the venue for boys Division I regional in Central Ohio. They easily could've sold double the tickets if not triple. Ohio Dominican is a nice site, perfect size for girls DI districts, but for Boys DI Districts and Regionals it is WAAAAYYYYYY to small. Every one of the other 15 Boys regionals is held at a venue with at least 4,400 seating capacity (5,500 in DI). Say what you will about the Fairgrounds coliseum with it's shooting background and age, at least it was a venue capable of holding a much larger # of spectators. Also, the traffic & parking situation there at ODU is horrendous.
The OHSAA could move the D1 Central Regional to Ohio University and get 5,000 for the semi-finals and 5,000 probably for the finals. I know the Central Region is teams from Central Ohio but Athens is an hour driver down 33. Better then having the Regional at Ohio Dominican. I think any team playing in the Division I Regional would rather play at Ohio University rather than Ohio Dominican. Nothing wrong with Ohio Dominican except it is way to small for a Regional site for Boys.
Old 03-19-17, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
There you go again, Mr. Thin Skin. That wasn't even remotely a slight on Central, it was giving credit to North, which I'm sure you can't stand, because you're so insecure.

I guess you're so thin-skinned, because the football Tigers can't win the really big game when it counts.

How about them apples?
When Central football wiped up the field with the Davidson Mildcats 30-0 up at Ohio Weslyan and Shivershorts got ejected for profusely whining to the refs...to many that was a big game. Basketball: PC state Champs 2012.
Old 03-19-17, 04:56 PM
All District

TigerA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsee54321 View Post
The OHSAA could move the D1 Central Regional to Ohio University and get 5,000 for the semi-finals and 5,000 probably for the finals. I know the Central Region is teams from Central Ohio but Athens is an hour driver down 33. Better then having the Regional at Ohio Dominican. I think any team playing in the Division I Regional would rather play at Ohio University rather than Ohio Dominican. Nothing wrong with Ohio Dominican except it is way to small for a Regional site for Boys.
Agreed, OU would be better even with the drive. I talked to one of the OHSAA officials that I know on the way out the door last night. I asked him the same thing and he said "but where would we go?" I mentioned Batelle Hall downtown which is where the Columbus Qwest used to play, seats about 6,500. He said that they got rid of their floor, they don't even have it anymore. I then mentioned contacting Ohio State about using St John Arena. He said they tried that and it was a no go. I was surprised by that because I would think Thad Matta would want to bend over backwards to get the like of Hunter or Francis to OSU.
Even Ottterbein's Rike center would be better option. Parking and traffic still suck, but at least it holds 3,600. That's more than half again as much as ODU.

What to do????

C'mon guys put your heads together and come up with anything better than ODU.