Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Toledo St. Johns Jesuit (25-2) 6 28.57%
Massillon Jackson (25-2) 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-17, 01:19 PM
ToledoXC ToledoXC is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-14-10
Posts: 1,060
ToledoXC is on a distinguished road
D1 Akr./Tol. Regional Final: Toledo St Johns Jesuit (25-2) vs Massillon Jackson(25-2)

03/18 - 7:00 PM @ The University of Akron

Toledo St Johns Jesuit (25-2) vs Massillon Jackson (25-2)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-17-17, 01:40 PM
PattyJacks PattyJacks is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-13-15
Posts: 70
PattyJacks is on a distinguished road
I'm taking Jackson. Fifthteen minute drive, and Titans have nobody to stop Gray.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-17-17, 01:48 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,478
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJacks View Post
I'm taking Jackson. Fifthteen minute drive, and Titans have nobody to stop Gray.
Young maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-17, 02:31 PM
PattyJacks PattyJacks is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-13-15
Posts: 70
PattyJacks is on a distinguished road
Yes my bad Young, and Hill. Young going to Butler? And Hill to Toledo? Is that right.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-17, 02:45 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,478
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJacks View Post
Yes my bad Young, and Hill. Young going to Butler? And Hill to Toledo? Is that right.
That's what I figured you meant, and yes on both guys/schools.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-17, 03:31 PM
PurpleGold PurpleGold is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-05-07
Posts: 116
PurpleGold is on a distinguished road
Looks like only comment opponent was McKinley who beat St Johns early in the year 54-47 and lost to Jackson twice. 4th in the State vs. 5th in State so should be a dogfight! Any info on St Johns key players? St Johns has an extra day of rest but at this point in the season that should not matter to much but not sure why OHSAA does that rather than having them play regional semis on same night.Go Bears!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-17, 03:52 PM
ToledoXC ToledoXC is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-14-10
Posts: 1,060
ToledoXC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleGold View Post
Looks like only comment opponent was McKinley who beat St Johns early in the year 54-47 and lost to Jackson twice. 4th in the State vs. 5th in State so should be a dogfight! Any info on St Johns key players? St Johns has an extra day of rest but at this point in the season that should not matter to much but not sure why OHSAA does that rather than having them play regional semis on same night.Go Bears!
SJJ is led by 6'5 Vincent Williams who leads the team in points, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals. Williams is flanked by several sharp shooters in 5'11 PG Harrison Riggs (Lake Erie commit), 6'4 Houston King (Kent State offer) and 6'3 Joey Fretti. I have a feeling they'll put the 5th starter, 6'3 Tycen Anderson (Toledo Football DB commit) on Kyle Young. Managing Jackson's size will be SJJ's biggest issue.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-17, 04:58 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 15,369
eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Coaching Trees: Debevic played for one of Ohio's best.

Revenge: Jackson revenged their conference loss to Hoover by 15 points.

The guard is a thinker, a couple steps ahead on offense and defense. He'll stalk the passing lanes. But from the clips I was able to find, Jackson looks a bit vulnerable around the key. A shorter, quicker guard can penetrate for the lay-up along baseline or step back for a short mid-range. I think kids of SJJ's caliber will be able to create their own shot around that basket, if they can keep it open enough. If they have one playing long enough to keep the Jackson D honest, this is a game.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-17-17, 06:17 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,478
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Jax 66 TSJ 55.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-17, 07:01 PM
PurpleGold PurpleGold is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-05-07
Posts: 116
PurpleGold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoXC View Post
SJJ is led by 6'5 Vincent Williams who leads the team in points, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals. Williams is flanked by several sharp shooters in 5'11 PG Harrison Riggs (Lake Erie commit), 6'4 Houston King (Kent State offer) and 6'3 Joey Fretti. I have a feeling they'll put the 5th starter, 6'3 Tycen Anderson (Toledo Football DB commit) on Kyle Young. Managing Jackson's size will be SJJ's biggest issue.
Appreciate the insight. Sounds like a solid team and should be a great game. See you at the JAR!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-17, 07:22 PM
nd31 miami 30 nd31 miami 30 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-15-06
Posts: 89
nd31 miami 30 is on a distinguished road
This game will not be close. Similar to Medina, Jackson will roll. TSJJ does not have the size or athleticism across the board to really bother Jackson. TSJJ will have had to have made light years worth of improvement from when I last saw them to keep this close.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-17, 07:49 PM
BacktoBack BacktoBack is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-17-17
Posts: 38
BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd31 miami 30 View Post
This game will not be close. Similar to Medina, Jackson will roll. TSJJ does not have the size or athleticism across the board to really bother Jackson. TSJJ will have had to have made light years worth of improvement from when I last saw them to keep this close.
As much as I would like to disagree, I think you speak the truth. Williams is a one man army but given the level of competition the Polar Bears have faced and defeated, I would not bet against them. In a one game set, anyone can win though and I wish I could be there to take it in.

SJJ does have a punchers chance though and that's Williams going ham.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-18-17, 10:53 PM
Carolina Blue Carolina Blue is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 9
Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road
Jackson was too much for SJJ. Bears have too many kids that can step up and score 15 on any night. Might be one of the best defensive efforts of the season tonight. Jackson defense really frustrated Williams tonight. What an amazing crowd Jackson brought with them tonight. 80% of the arena had to be Jackson fans. Off to Columbus.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-18-17, 11:04 PM
BacktoBack BacktoBack is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-17-17
Posts: 38
BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
I just finished watching the replay on BCSN. A tip of the hat to SJJ, they gave it their best, but it just wasn't enough.

If they had made some shots in the first half it would have helped. They had 26 fga in the first half vs 15 fga for Jackson. Gotta credit the defense, but you also have to knock down shots.

Back to the drawing board.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EagleFan's Projections 09/21/2015 EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 09-21-15 09:03 PM
Football Final Scores - Friday (10/03/14) Yappi Football 113 10-04-14 03:54 AM
Football Final Scores - Friday (09/26/14) Yappi Football 115 09-27-14 02:35 AM
Football Final Scores - Friday (09/19/14) knightgeek27 Football 86 09-20-14 11:46 AM
Football Final Scores - Friday (09/12/14) Yappi Football 108 09-13-14 02:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz