Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-17, 06:55 AM
fullnelson fullnelson is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-01-08
Posts: 52
fullnelson is on a distinguished road
Best wrestling conferences in the state?

What are the top 10 wrestling conferences in the state? What conferences produces the most state qualifiers?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-17-17, 07:04 AM
lockitup lockitup is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Location: Southwest ohio
Posts: 341
lockitup is on a distinguished road
GMC in southwest had a good year, Mason Fairfield and lakota east all with placers, I think 8 wrestlers placed, one Champion one runner up and two 3rds 6 others.

Last edited by lockitup; 03-17-17 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Forgot bout runner up
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-17-17, 07:40 AM
Tartan78 Tartan78 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-17-15
Posts: 201
Tartan78 is on a distinguished road
Northeastern Buckeye Conference is an 8 team league. I believe they had 17 SQ and 11 placers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-17, 07:49 AM
Latman Latman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-18-09
Posts: 341
Latman is on a distinguished road
If my count is correct, the GCL South had 20 D1 state qualifiers with 12 placers. Not sure what the GCL North had for qualifiers and placers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-17, 08:31 AM
88 Indian 88 Indian is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-03-12
Posts: 585
88 Indian is on a distinguished road
Suburban
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-17, 08:39 AM
dion dion is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-07-15
Posts: 171
dion is on a distinguished road
The Suburban League had Wadsworth 1st, Brecksville 3rd, and Aurora 4th in one of the strongest, if not the strongest district in the state. Nordonia is down, but they had a state champ in D 1. Barberton and Revere are well coached, solid, and field full teams. Tallmadge (state placer) in Div 2 is improving by leaps and bounds with 2 returning state qualifiers. Copley (state placer) and Medina Highland are down, but they have very good coaches and will be much improved in the next couple of yrs. Unfortunately, the remaining schools really need to find a way to become more competitive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-17, 08:40 AM
szerszen szerszen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-18-10
Posts: 448
szerszen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartan78 View Post
Northeastern Buckeye Conference is an 8 team league. I believe they had 17 SQ and 11 placers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and 2 Champs!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-17, 08:54 AM
suplex21 suplex21 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Posts: 652
suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dion View Post
The Suburban League had Wadsworth 1st, Brecksville 3rd, and Aurora 4th in one of the strongest, if not the strongest district in the state. Nordonia is down, but they had a state champ in D 1. Barberton and Revere are well coached, solid, and field full teams. Tallmadge (state placer) in Div 2 is improving by leaps and bounds with 2 returning state qualifiers. Copley (state placer) and Medina Highland are down, but they have very good coaches and will be much improved in the next couple of yrs. Unfortunately, the remaining schools really need to find a way to become more competitive.
23 Qualifiers, 15 placers, 2 champs and 1 runner up.
2 teams in the top 5.
4 teams in the top 20.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-17-17, 08:54 AM
cougar5 cougar5 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-22-11
Posts: 10
cougar5 is on a distinguished road
NCL had a solid year with 19 qualifiers.

This included (2) 1st, (1) 2nd, (2) 3rd, (3) 4th, and (2) 5th.

Teams in this conference include Hoban, St. Vincent St. Mary, Padua, Lake Catholic, and Walsh.

This one also used to have Chanel before it was closed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-17, 08:56 AM
Cthelites Cthelites is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-20-08
Location: Stay Thirsty My Friends!
Posts: 4,342
Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullnelson View Post
What are the top 10 wrestling conferences in the state? What conferences produces the most state qualifiers?


it would have to be the OCC.
Prolly 90% of all the teams/kids at Darby district are from the occ.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-17, 09:24 AM
rr23724 rr23724 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-06-15
Posts: 53
rr23724 is on a distinguished road
Licking County League

I believe had 17 qualifiers and 9 placers

10 team league ranging over all 3 divisions
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-17, 09:29 AM
Cramer Cramer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-07-12
Posts: 528
Cramer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr23724 View Post
Licking County League

I believe had 17 qualifiers and 9 placers

10 team league ranging over all 3 divisions
Team score wise it's dominated by those bigger division schools, but individually there is a lot of talent throughout the conference from all schools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-17-17, 09:33 AM
asylum55 asylum55 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-06-12
Posts: 75
asylum55 is on a distinguished road
I was told the EOWL had 30 qualifiers, 16 placers and 3 champs.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-17-17, 09:45 AM
wrestlfan wrestlfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-06
Posts: 875
wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
the occ is a bunch of small conferences with a general name for a group of them
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-17, 09:54 AM
Lionattack Lionattack is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-24-06
Posts: 2,740
Lionattack is on a distinguished road
Ovac
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-17-17, 09:58 AM
Bulldog Wrestling Bulldog Wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-03-12
Posts: 113
Bulldog Wrestling is on a distinguished road
Not top 10 in the state, but improved to the point that I would like to congratulate the Western Buckeye League. 10 team league - 14 qualifiers and 8 placers with a champ and a runner-up. Not too many years ago, Wapakoneta was only league team with aspirations of consistently achieving state placement for individuals. Wapakoneta is still very competitive and had a state champ this year, but other league schools now joining in. Hope the improvement continues in future seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-17, 09:59 AM
350zjk 350zjk is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-09-10
Posts: 302
350zjk is on a distinguished road
It's all hypothetical, but I would take a Suburban League team composed of the top wrestler in each wt. class vs. the top wrestlers from any other league or conference in the state (for a wager, if possible) LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-17-17, 10:10 AM
Cthelites Cthelites is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-20-08
Location: Stay Thirsty My Friends!
Posts: 4,342
Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlfan View Post
the occ is a bunch of small conferences with a general name for a group of them
Ummm no it isn't!
It's a huge conference morphed into several leagues.
The question was CONFERENCE.
OHIO CAPITAL CONFERENCE.
and no I don't believe it is the best but responded to the question of most SQs as I highlighted in .bold
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-17-17, 10:53 AM
shaggy71 shaggy71 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-16-03
Posts: 487
shaggy71
OVAC

Congratulations to the 25 Ohio OVAC State Qualifiers:

106 Pound Placers
1st Cole McComas 9, Beaver (44-1)

4th Peyton Blasko 10, Steubenville (46-6)


113 Pound Placers
1st Tim Young 12, Steubenville (33-0)
1st Greg Quinn 12, Shadyside (47-1)

120 Pound Placers
1st Jacson Muldrew 10, Shadyside (44-5)
2nd Skyler Lasure 9, Beaver (38-11)


126 Pound Placers
1st Josh Kahl 12, Shadyside (38-5)
2nd Quinton Bookman 12, Beaver (37-8)


138 Pound Placers
3rd Anthony Rice 10, Steubenville (50-5)
3rd Mason Kuneff 10, Bridgeport (37-8)

145 Pound Placers
1st Jashon Hubbard 11, Steubenville (39-1)
3rd Devin Crum 12, Union Local (42-9)

152 Pound Placers
3rd Santino Kusic 10, Bridgeport (48-5)
3rd Beau Smith 10, Beaver (45-7)


182 Pound Placers

2nd Garett Duncan 11, Bridgeport (10-5)

195 Pound Placers
1st Jud Ramage 11, Meadowbrook (38-3)
1st Dalton Hoover 11, Martins Ferry (28-1)

220 Pound Placers
1st Caide Bunfill 12, Barnesville (41-4)
3rd Hunter Bodkin 11, Martins Ferry (37-7)
2nd Tommy Moore 12, Cambridge (38-11)
3rd Drone Moore 12, Steubenville (34-11)


285 Pound Placers
2nd Tyler Ely 11, Steubenville (40-4)
3rd Sam Robinson 12, Indian Creek (29-16)
2nd Brenton Stull 12, Harrison Central (37-9)
3rd Dom Wallace 12, Martins Ferry (40-5)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-17, 12:02 PM
Tartan78 Tartan78 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-17-15
Posts: 201
Tartan78 is on a distinguished road
Not meaning to begrudge the athletes and their accomplishments but in the OVAC there is at least over 20 teams from Ohio alone. That definitely skews the numbers when compared to leagues w/ 6-8 schools


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-17-17, 12:16 PM
wrestlfan wrestlfan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-06
Posts: 875
wrestlfan is on a distinguished road
That is what I was saying about the occ
it has always killed me how they throw out these huge numbers
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-17-17, 12:44 PM
wash.c.h.legend wash.c.h.legend is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-11-05
Location: greenfield
Posts: 2,331
wash.c.h.legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zjk View Post
It's all hypothetical, but I would take a Suburban League team composed of the top wrestler in each wt. class vs. the top wrestlers from any other league or conference in the state (for a wager, if possible) LOL!


CBC could probably stand up strong in that challenge


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-17-17, 01:02 PM
suplex21 suplex21 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Posts: 652
suplex21 is on a distinguished road
I do not know anyone outside of Graham in the CBC
The suburban lineup (looking at tournament results) would look something like this.
106- Tagg Brecksville- D1 1st
113- Tagg Brecksville- D1 3rd
120- Perelka Brecksville- District 5th/ Gorman Aurora D1 Qualifier
126- North Wadsworth- D1 3rd
132- Regulbuto Brecksville- D1 5th/ Baughman Wadsworth D1 4th
138- Brezovec Aurora (League Champ at 138, wrestled sectionals at 132)- D1 3rd @132/ Tittle Wadsworth D1 Qualifier
145- Pugh Copley- D1 5th
152- Hatcher Brecksville- D1 Qialifier
160- Surratt Wadsworth- D1 5th
170- Baughman Wadsworth D1 2nd
182- Jones Wadsworth D1 Qualifier
195- Perrine Nordonia D1 1st
220- Arslanian Aurora D1 6th
285- Earnest Wadswoth D1 4th
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-17-17, 01:04 PM
wash.c.h.legend wash.c.h.legend is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-11-05
Location: greenfield
Posts: 2,331
wash.c.h.legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex21 View Post
I do not know anyone outside of Graham in the CBC

The suburban lineup (looking at tournament results) would look something like this.

106- Tagg Brecksville- D1 1st

113- Tagg Brecksville- D1 3rd

120- Perelka Brecksville- District 5th/ Gorman Aurora D1 Qualifier

126- North Wadsworth- D1 3rd

132- Regulbuto Brecksville- D1 5th/ Baughman Wadsworth D1 4th

138- Brezovec Aurora (League Champ at 138, wrestled sectionals at 132)- D1 3rd @132/ Tittle Wadsworth D1 Qualifier

145- Pugh Copley- D1 5th

152- Hatcher Brecksville- D1 Qialifier

160- Surratt Wadsworth- D1 5th

170- Baughman Wadsworth D1 2nd

182- Jones Wadsworth D1 Qualifier

195- Perrine Nordonia D1 1st

220- Arslanian Aurora D1 6th

285- Earnest Wadswoth D1 4th


That is my point . Graham alone would be a challenge. That would be a good dual to see . I'd pay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-17-17, 01:27 PM
Jakeswrestling Jakeswrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Posts: 149
Jakeswrestling
The database can reveal some of this information. However, I do not necessarily have all of the school records accurate as it relates to the conference/league they belong to.

HOW TO:

In the SCHOOL section, select the LEAGUE field,

Then select EITHER of the following,

In the STATE PLACERS section, select 2017 in YEAR field, or

In the MATCHES section, select STATED1, or STATED2, or STATED3 in the EVENT field,

Hit SEARCH button.

If anyone is aware of any corrections that need to be made to a school's information, please send those corrections to me and I will update the database.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-18-17, 07:01 AM
columbianawrestling columbianawrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-13-10
Posts: 173
columbianawrestling is on a distinguished road
EOWL (sorry if I left someone out)
106
McComas/B. Local 2nd
Wayt/W. Branch 5th
Keenan/ S. Range qual
Endelman/ Py Valley
120
Sutton/ Fitch 6th
Lasure/ B. Local 7th
Mcklosky/ Girard qual
126
Book man/ B. Local
138
Fairbanks/ Fitch 5th
Utley/ Alliance qual
145
Rhodes/ G. Valley 4th
Mason/ Conneaut qual
Miller/ W. Branch qual
152
Deliessio(so)/ Canfield 4th
Smith/ B. Local qual
Rasmusen/ G. Valley qual
160
Poullas/ Canfield 2nd
Ferree/ Fitch qual
170
Crawford/ Canfield 1st
182
Johnson/ Alliance 3rd
Cooper/ Canfield 5th
McKale/ Newbury qual
195
Willis/ Py Valley 1st
Martin/ Alliance 6th
Stein/ Canfield qual
220
Delgarbino/ Girard 4th
Marker/ Newbury 7th
Meaney/ Lakeside qual
285
Sharp/ W. Branch 1st
Giordano/ Canfield 2nd
Davin/ Columbiana qual
Matlock/ Howland qual
31 Qualifiers/ 17 placers/ 6 finalist/ 3champions
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-18-17, 07:26 AM
asylum55 asylum55 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-06-12
Posts: 75
asylum55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbianawrestling View Post
EOWL (sorry if I left someone out)
106
McComas/B. Local 2nd
Wayt/W. Branch 5th
Keenan/ S. Range qual
Endelman/ Py Valley
120
Sutton/ Fitch 6th
Lasure/ B. Local 7th
Mcklosky/ Girard qual
126
Book man/ B. Local
138
Fairbanks/ Fitch 5th
Utley/ Alliance qual
145
Rhodes/ G. Valley 4th
Mason/ Conneaut qual
Miller/ W. Branch qual
152
Deliessio(so)/ Canfield 4th
Smith/ B. Local qual
Rasmusen/ G. Valley qual
160
Poullas/ Canfield 2nd
Ferree/ Fitch qual
170
Crawford/ Canfield 1st
182
Johnson/ Alliance 3rd
Cooper/ Canfield 5th
McKale/ Newbury qual
195
Willis/ Py Valley 1st
Martin/ Alliance 6th
Stein/ Canfield qual
220
Delgarbino/ Girard 4th
Marker/ Newbury 7th
Meaney/ Lakeside qual
285
Sharp/ W. Branch 1st
Giordano/ Canfield 2nd
Davin/ Columbiana qual
Matlock/ Howland qual
31 Qualifiers/ 17 placers/ 6 finalist/ 3champions
Mckale from Newbury got 8th
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-18-17, 07:40 AM
dig it dig it is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-14-12
Posts: 899
dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbianawrestling View Post
EOWL (sorry if I left someone out)
106
McComas/B. Local 2nd
Wayt/W. Branch 5th
Keenan/ S. Range qual
Endelman/ Py Valley
120
Sutton/ Fitch 6th
Lasure/ B. Local 7th
Mcklosky/ Girard qual
126
Book man/ B. Local
138
Fairbanks/ Fitch 5th
Utley/ Alliance qual
145
Rhodes/ G. Valley 4th
Mason/ Conneaut qual
Miller/ W. Branch qual
152
Deliessio(so)/ Canfield 4th
Smith/ B. Local qual
Rasmusen/ G. Valley qual
160
Poullas/ Canfield 2nd
Ferree/ Fitch qual
170
Crawford/ Canfield 1st
182
Johnson/ Alliance 3rd
Cooper/ Canfield 5th
McKale/ Newbury qual
195
Willis/ Py Valley 1st
Martin/ Alliance 6th
Stein/ Canfield qual
220
Delgarbino/ Girard 4th
Marker/ Newbury 7th
Meaney/ Lakeside qual
285
Sharp/ W. Branch 1st
Giordano/ Canfield 2nd
Davin/ Columbiana qual
Matlock/ Howland qual
31 Qualifiers/ 17 placers/ 6 finalist/ 3champions
Pretty sure if you asked people from Alliance or West Branch what league they belonged to the answer would be the NBC...a team belonging to more than one league or conference doesn't make sense to me.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-18-17, 08:10 AM
wash.c.h.legend wash.c.h.legend is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-11-05
Location: greenfield
Posts: 2,331
wash.c.h.legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
Pretty sure if you asked people from Alliance or West Branch what league they belonged to the answer would be the NBC...a team belonging to more than one league or conference doesn't make sense to me.


I believe teams in the ovac also have dual league memberships. Has to do with football scheduling I would presume.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-18-17, 08:14 AM
Lionattack Lionattack is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-24-06
Posts: 2,740
Lionattack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wash.c.h.legend View Post
I believe teams in the ovac also have dual league memberships. Has to do with football scheduling I would presume.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do have dual league memberships.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Troy D-3 District Rankings McClearn7 Wrestling 11 11-03-16 06:42 PM
Heath D-2 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 30 12-10-15 06:51 PM
Darby D-1 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 28 12-10-15 11:18 AM
Perrysburg D-1 District Preview McClearn7 Wrestling 9 12-08-15 01:12 PM
Will the MAC sweep the lower three divisions again? BlueJayFan Football 104 12-05-15 06:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz