Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-16-17, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Everything is a progressive conspiracy with this guy. I mean wtf does it matter if some girls get inspired seeing a woman superhero kick azz?
Old 03-16-17, 09:49 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
All jokes aside, I know a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum like lotr. It has to be exhausting to see politics in absolutely everything in the world, right down to dumb sh** like comic book movies.

For every crazy old man yelling about stuff like this, there's at least one purple haired chick yelling about gender pronouns on a college campus. Two sides of the same coin really. With both thinking the other is the enemy.
Old 03-16-17, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Everything is a progressive conspiracy with this guy. I mean wtf does it matter if some girls get inspired seeing a woman superhero kick azz?
So why does it bother you that it bugs me? It's like you can't stand the idea of people expressing a different world view than you subscribe to.
Old 03-16-17, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
All jokes aside, I know a lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum like lotr. It has to be exhausting to see politics in absolutely everything in the world, right down to dumb sh** like comic book movies.

For every crazy old man yelling about stuff like this, there's at least one purple haired chick yelling about gender pronouns on a college campus. Two sides of the same coin really. With both thinking the other is the enemy.
I guess it's the curse of having lived a while and experienced and observed a lot. But one big difference between a crazy old guy like me and your typical SJW is I don't care how they live their life as long as they don't tread on me & mine. They on the other hand want total group think. They are committed to rooting out behavior AND even thoughts that they deem to be offensive or unacceptable.

But I do envy you a bit as it must feel nice floating above it all. I'm just not wired that way.
Old 03-16-17, 10:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
But one big difference between a crazy old guy like me and your typical SJW is I don't care how they live their life as long as they don't tread on me & mine.
This thread doesn't support this but okay, I'll take you word for it.
Old 03-17-17, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Hey guys don't forget to visit Instapundit for your daily dose of fake anger about things that don't matter!
Old 03-17-17, 12:23 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
What the hell is this thread
Old 03-17-17, 07:10 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
I guess it's the curse of having lived a while and experienced and observed a lot. But one big difference between a crazy old guy like me and your typical SJW is I don't care how they live their life as long as they don't tread on me & mine. They on the other hand want total group think. They are committed to rooting out behavior AND even thoughts that they deem to be offensive or unacceptable.

But I do envy you a bit as it must feel nice floating above it all. I'm just not wired that way.

you seems to mistake people critiquing your agenda for them demanding you change.

I haven't come across anyone in this thread who cares how you live your life, but that doesn't mean they won't chime in about what's wrong with it and why they disagree. A message board is for discourse afterall, no?

And speaking for myself, I don't find your opinion offensive or unacceptable. I do find it incorrect, and rooted in antiquated thoughts of America where sexism and racism (and I don't mean to imply at all that you're racist) were accepted. It's not the 1940's anymore. It was accepted back then, even if it maybe wasn't right in hindsight.

Society has evolved. That's not a bad thing.
Old 03-17-17, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So why does it bother you that it bugs me? It's like you can't stand the idea of people expressing a different world view than you subscribe to.
People like you spout off just don't tread on me, but these movies affect you in absolutely no way. You're just being negative because society's perceptions are changing about others and you are insecure so you feel it threatens your standing. Like Trump, you need others to lose to make yourself feel like a winner. It's just pathetic is all.
Old 03-17-17, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
People like you spout off just don't tread on me, but these movies affect you in absolutely no way. You're just being negative because society's perceptions are changing about others and you are insecure so you feel it threatens your standing. Like Trump, you need others to lose to make yourself feel like a winner. It's just pathetic is all.
So it's Trump's fault. Got it.
Old 03-17-17, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
And speaking for myself, I don't find your opinion offensive or unacceptable. I do find it incorrect, and rooted in antiquated thoughts of America where sexism and racism (and I don't mean to imply at all that you're racist) were accepted. It's not the 1940's anymore. It was accepted back then, even if it maybe wasn't right in hindsight.

Society has evolved. That's not a bad thing.
You're making quite the assumption here because society's "evolution" may or may not be a good thing.

As for the rest of your post let me see if I get what you're saying: You don't find my opinion "offensive" or "unacceptable" but it is "incorrect" & "rooted in racism & sexism" but you're not implying I'm a racist. Does that mean I'm a sexist?
Old 03-17-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
What the hell is this thread
Come on BJF this is a typical Yappi thread that has gone WAY off the track. Do you really think a discussion limited to the merits of the new Wonder Women trailer could go for 5 pages!
Old 03-17-17, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He made a comparison between you and Trump, that's not blaming Trump. In truth, there's no one to blame because there isn't an issue.
Old 03-17-17, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

Red face

Quote:
No, sadly, you were insecure long before you became fixated on Trump.
Old 03-17-17, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You're making quite the assumption here because society's "evolution" may or may not be a good thing.

As for the rest of your post let me see if I get what you're saying: You don't find my opinion "offensive" or "unacceptable" but it is "incorrect" & "rooted in racism & sexism" but you're not implying I'm a racist. Does that mean I'm a sexist?
My guess would be his answer is yes, and he wouldn't have to look any further than your first sentence in this post as evidence of that.
Old 03-17-17, 10:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Pretty telling that the guys who embrace "woman power" are probably also the guys that can probably be whipped by a girl. Ain't no woman on the planet whooping my arse. Some of these guys buy into the woman superhero because IRL most women are their physical equal.
So you think you would win in a fight with women MMA fighters?
Old 03-17-17, 10:23 AM
All World

Out of all the violence, bloodshed, and physics-defying acrobratics in the Kill Bill movies... lotr is the most outraged by the fact that Uma Thurman, a woman, is kicking the butts of some guys
Old 03-17-17, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
My guess would be his answer is yes, and he wouldn't have to look any further than your first sentence in this post as evidence of that.

I thought it had already been established that he is sexist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-17, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

Something I've been wondering about lately. Let's say that we(the human race) are somehow evolving to become some androgynous animal where gender lines are blurred and don't play as pivotal of a role. What would be the inherent negatives of something like this?

I'm not saying that's where we are headed, but it would sort of make sense if the point of this whole thing is to continually better ourselves as a species. Look at everything going on today and all of the issues and controversy that surround race and gender, for example. It seems like moving past these things may allow us to focus on more important things here and in the universe.

Aside from reproduction, why is gender necessary? And if technology advances to the point somewhere down the line where traditional reproductive methods are 100% obsolete, then what reason would we have to keep gender around?
Old 03-17-17, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Something I've been wondering about lately. Let's say that we(the human race) are somehow evolving to become some androgynous animal where gender lines are blurred and don't play as pivotal of a role. What would be the inherent negatives of something like this?

I'm not saying that's where we are headed, but it would sort of make sense if the point of this whole thing is to continually better ourselves as a species. Look at everything going on today and all of the issues and controversy that surround race and gender, for example. It seems like moving past these things may allow us to focus on more important things here and in the universe.

Aside from reproduction, why is gender necessary? And if technology advances to the point somewhere down the line where traditional reproductive methods are 100% obsolete, then what reason would we have to keep gender indentities around?
What if pboy is the future of humanity?
Old 03-17-17, 12:29 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
So you think you would win in a fight with women MMA fighters?
I know I would. You don't?
Old 03-17-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well then Elder is in really good shape.
Old 03-17-17, 12:40 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Old 03-17-17, 12:41 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
We'd all look like Agent Smith from the Matrix and high school football would be brutal.
Old 03-17-17, 12:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well then Elder is in really good shape.
Old 03-17-17, 12:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Fewer yoga pants
Old 03-17-17, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Besides Uncle Ted and EP finally hooking up?
Old 03-17-17, 10:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Aside from reproduction, why is gender necessary? And if technology advances to the point somewhere down the line where traditional reproductive methods are 100% obsolete, then what reason would we have to keep gender around?
Interesting ideas RM and certainly a plausible future. Correct me if I'm wrong but what you're suggesting is that the recent radical cultural changes regarding the perception of sex differences in the West is acting as a sort of mutation trigger that shifts the human genome and alters evolutionary selection. In fact the theory of evolution requires the action of periodic "mutations" to send genetics in a new direction.

I highlighted "West" because the evolution towards an androgynous human future so far has only been seen culturally and is almost exclusively confined to the "Western" world. The reason I say this is that to date it's only been a cultural phenomena not a physiological one (with the exception of the possible reduction in male Testosterone levels in the 1st world possibly due to pollution). Bottom line is there has been no widespread physiological evidence that we are moving towards androgyny.

But you ask beyond reproduction to what use are sex differences. I would submit that one very important aspect of sex differences is the ability of the larger & stronger male to defend the family unit from aggressors. Now if the whole world were simultaneously heading towards androgyny we might not need male aggression for protection. But I doubt that Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans, Fundamentalist Christians, and a billion or so Chinese are blissfully anticipating their coming androgyny. My guess is they won't be so inclusive in their embrace of this idea.

Now I know I'll catch hell for saying this but as you postulate an evolutionary move towards androgyny I'm saying it might be that such a path is a genetic dead end, an evolutionary branch that withers and dies off. Sure the West has sufficient Industry & technological mastery to remain invulnerable for the next few decades but what about after that? Fifty to a hundred years from now is a LONG TIME historically and who knows what that future holds. Would we be able to protect our little bit of androgynous nirvana from the barbarians at the gates.

I was watching the Nat Geo channel yesterday and they had a special on Tigers. And it was interesting to note that the safety of the mother and especially her cubs depended on the effectiveness of their father in protecting them from other marauding males. Males who will kill the cubs if they can drive the father off. Now I know it's an extreme example but we are all just animals at the core.
Old 03-17-17, 10:51 PM
All American

Every day I take cold showers, eat a steak and a bag of almonds for breakfast, do heavy sets of deadlifts, and sleep without a pillow. My testosterone is borderline illegal and I'll be damned if I become some androgynous beta.
Old 03-18-17, 12:30 AM
Cooling Off

Yeah, but can young beat up a girl?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: