Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-15-17, 09:26 AM
All Ohio

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
You think pboy would seriously hurt a women? Emotionally doesn't count and no Seton girls
Old 03-15-17, 09:31 AM
All American

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
This seems like a stupid post.
Movies are telling everyone women are just as strong as men. Buttholes that hit girls might think twice if they really understood how badly they could hurt women by punching them. You could expand this idea to increasing violence around the country. I'm not saying it's the sole reason or violence should be removed from media, but I think there's some subliminal messages being sent that tells everyone this is normal.
Old 03-15-17, 09:32 AM
All American

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
You know, female on male domestic violence is an issue that people don't want to talk about. We teach boys to NEVER hit a girl no matter what... and there are absolutely girls that take advantage of that.
That's the same argument Joe Mixon had... You've just got to walk away.
Old 03-15-17, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Movies are telling everyone women are just as strong as men. Buttholes that hit girls might think twice if they really understood how badly they could hurt women by punching them. You could expand this idea to increasing violence around the country. I'm not saying it's the sole reason or violence should be removed from media, but I think there's some subliminal messages being sent that tells everyone this is normal.
No, they'd think twice if they actually thought the woman was strong enough to defend herself. So what you're claiming regarding movies would have the opposite affect. Of course none of this is actually happening because people don't base their perception of reality off of a sci-fi movie.
Old 03-15-17, 09:37 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Wow, you really hate women. Crazy.
Old 03-15-17, 09:38 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
No, they'd think twice if they actually thought the woman was strong enough to defend herself. So what you're claiming regarding movies would have the opposite affect. Of course none of this is actually happening because people don't base their perception of reality off of a sci-fi movie.
What a crazy stretch of thought. The scary thing is im sure there are dozens of other posters that believe this stuff as well.
Old 03-15-17, 11:24 AM
All Region

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This whole thing makes me wonder how much these movies contribute to the increase in domestic violence v women
Domestic violence rates have declined 64% since 1994 so probably not?
Old 03-15-17, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wow, you really hate women. Crazy.
He just laid out an opinion on how this could be impacting domestic violence. Agree or disagree as you see fit but there's nothing in his post that suggests he "hates women".

As an aside, rather than actually debate a topic you folks just seem to resort to insults & "playing the man" when someone has a different POV on a topic.
Old 03-15-17, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
WTH did I just read?
The excellent Showtime series "Billions" has introduced a new gender neutral, non binary character named Taylor:

Great show and the Taylor character is fun to watch as "it" interacts with the hedge fund sleaze bag managers BUT gender neutral language will be mandatory before to long. The progressive march to trample down and change American culture continues unabated as we lurch forward to some sort of future nirvana.
Old 03-15-17, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
The excellent Showtime series "Billions" has introduced a new gender neutral, non binary character named Taylor:

Great show and the Taylor character is fun to watch as "it" interacts with the hedge fund sleaze bag managers BUT gender neutral language will be mandatory before to long. The progressive march to trample down and change American culture continues unabated as we lurch forward to some sort of future nirvana.
Ok...what does that have to do with the discussion? And if anyone is engaging in this type of gender twisting, I'd say it's the guy who's upset a woman is playing the role of a character called Wonder Woman.
Old 03-15-17, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ok...what does that have to do with the discussion? And if anyone is engaging in this type of gender twisting, I'd say it's the guy who's upset a woman is playing the role of a character called Wonder Woman.
You need to work on your reading comprehension ASAP. I have no problem with a women playing "Wonder Women". My comments have been around the peculiar advent of so many TV shows & movies showing women beating up men in hand to hand comment.

IMO this has been a conscious effort to change how our culture views gender roles and male/female sex differences. By showing that women can be every bit as physically "tough" as men and doing it in America's leading forms of mass entertainment - TV & movies - a cultural change in male/female roles is advanced.

My "gender neutral" comments were made to point out that this is a multi-front cultural war being waged by the American entertainment establishment to mainstream characters like "Taylor". Add in the entire transgender controversy and it looks like they're pushing us to move past conventional male/female sex norms; whether we want to or not.

So I will plead guilty of going a little off topic but on Yappi that's par for the course.
Old 03-15-17, 06:07 PM
Fake coolin' off

I read where a woman fended off a man attempting to rape her in a bathroom and trapping him in the bathroom until the police arrived. I'm actually impressed she defied the gender stereotypes lotr longs for and I hope maybe she was inspired by the very type of movies/tv shows he is speaking out against.

https://www.people.com/crime/seattle...l-assault/amp/
Old 03-15-17, 06:10 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
He just laid out an opinion on how this could be impacting domestic violence. Agree or disagree as you see fit but there's nothing in his post that suggests he "hates women".

As an aside, rather than actually debate a topic you folks just seem to resort to insults & "playing the man" when someone has a different POV on a topic.
He does hate women. Maybe you aren't aware of his backstory.
Old 03-15-17, 06:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You need to work on your reading comprehension ASAP. I have no problem with a women playing "Wonder Women". My comments have been around the peculiar advent of so many TV shows & movies showing women beating up men in hand to hand comment.
She's a fictional character with super-human abilities. Why would you have an issue with her being able to beat up a guy?

Quote:
IMO this has been a conscious effort to change how our culture views gender roles and male/female sex differences. By showing that women can be every bit as physically "tough" as men and doing it in America's leading forms of mass entertainment - TV & movies - a cultural change in male/female roles is advanced.
Well frankly, your opinion is ridiculous considering we're talking about comic book characters!

Quote:
My "gender neutral" comments were made to point out that this is a multi-front cultural war being waged by the American entertainment establishment to mainstream characters like "Taylor". Add in the entire transgender controversy and it looks like they're pushing us to move past conventional male/female sex norms; whether we want to or not.

So I will plead guilty of going a little off topic but on Yappi that's par for the course.
The transgender issue, which I happen to have some issues with, has NOTHING to do with you and pboys hatred of women getting lead roles in movies. It's weird.
Old 03-15-17, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I read where a woman fended off a man attempting to rape her in a bathroom and trapping him in the bathroom until the police arrived. I'm actually impressed she defied the gender stereotypes lotr longs for and I hope maybe she was inspired by the very type of movies/tv shows he is speaking out against.

https://www.people.com/crime/seattle...l-assault/amp/
Good for her but it doesn't change the point one bit. And if you think my comments reflect that I "long for gender stereotypes" then you're not paying attention.

These are not "stereotypes" they are biological & physiological truths establishing the profound differences between the sexes. Differences that have evolved over millions of years through natural selection. Trying to change the basic nature of humanity is weird and dangerous IMO.

But if you believe that all we've been dealing with over the last 50,000 years has been "stereotypes" and not immutable biological differences than make & support the argument that sex differences are simply social constructs.
Old 03-15-17, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
She's a fictional character with super-human abilities. Why would you have an issue with her being able to beat up a guy?

Well frankly, your opinion is ridiculous considering we're talking about comic book characters!

The transgender issue, which I happen to have some issues with, has NOTHING to do with you and pboys hatred of women getting lead roles in movies. It's weird.
As I said before but I guess needs repeating for you, my complaint isn't about "Wonder Women" per say but rather about this relatively new phenomena of women being depicted in mass entertainment as being as physically tough as men.

There's more than just "comic book heroes" involved. I've observed this "mainstreaming" across a wide spectrum of movies & TV shows. What makes it's growing appearance in comics interesting is that the comic book audience is largely made up of younger folks. If you're going to change the culture this is where you would focus your effort as the mid teens to late twenties crowd can be quite impressionable.

The transgender scene has a lot to do with what I'm saying as it's normalization is being pushed along side that of the "macho" women fighter to create a blurring between the traditional male/female sex differences. This mainstreaming is part & parcel of the effort to change the culture. Now you might want the change. Fine, but at least own up to what's happening.

And as far as Possessed and me "hating women" you don't get to label people because they have different views than your own. You can accuse people of being sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic all you want - it doesn't make it so.
Old 03-15-17, 06:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
He does hate women. Maybe you aren't aware of his backstory.
And I should trust you to lay it out honestly for me? No thanks, I'll judge "possessed" on the posts "possessed" makes.
Old 03-15-17, 06:53 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
And I should trust you to lay it out honestly for me? No thanks, I'll judge "possessed" on the posts "possessed" makes.
Well I didn't say Slidebi hates women, but why would you be start being accurate now?
Old 03-15-17, 07:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well I didn't say Slidebi hates women, but why would you be start being accurate now?
Oopps, my bad I mixed up "Possessed" with "Descartes". But give a guy a break, what with the frequency you & TD throw around insults at so many different people it can get confusing who you're targeting.

So to be clear, you are saying "Descartes" hates women and TylerDurden is saying "posessed" (aka PBoy?) hates women and you're both saying I hate women. Do I have it right?
Old 03-15-17, 07:07 PM
Fake coolin' off

Nah, I think you're scared of strong women.
Old 03-15-17, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
As I said before but I guess needs repeating for you, my complaint isn't about "Wonder Women" per say but rather about this relatively new phenomena of women being depicted in mass entertainment as being as physically tough as men.
How many decades have comic books been around?

Quote:
There's more than just "comic book heroes" involved. I've observed this "mainstreaming" across a wide spectrum of movies & TV shows. What makes it's growing appearance in comics interesting is that the comic book audience is largely made up of younger folks. If you're going to change the culture this is where you would focus your effort as the mid teens to late twenties crowd can be quite impressionable.
Yeah, like the new Ghostbuster movie. Were the women in that portrayed as being able to beat up guys? I didn't watch the movie so I have no idea.

Quote:
The transgender scene has a lot to do with what I'm saying as it's normalization is being pushed along side that of the "macho" women fighter to create a blurring between the traditional male/female sex differences. This mainstreaming is part & parcel of the effort to change the culture. Now you might want the change. Fine, but at least own up to what's happening.
No, you're just trying to take an extreme social issue and apply it to something that isn't to try to make your point.

Quote:
And as far as Possessed and me "hating women" you don't get to label people because they have different views than your own. You can accuse people of being sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic all you want - it doesn't make it so.
I never mentioned possessed and I never accused you of hating women. Pboy definitely hates women. You and pboy both hate women in leading roles in movies.
Old 03-15-17, 07:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Oopps, my bad I mixed up "Possessed" with "Descartes". But give a guy a break, what with the frequency you & TD throw around insults at so many different people it can get confusing who you're targeting.

So to be clear, you are saying "Descartes" hates women and TylerDurden is saying "posessed" (aka PBoy?) hates women and you're both saying I hate women. Do I have it right?
What insults am I throwing around? I may disagree vehemently with someone but I'm not usually in the insult business.
Old 03-15-17, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
You know what bothers me even more? The fact that men in comic books are portrayed to be as physically tough as monsters and aliens. Oh yeah, let's all ignore the obvious genetic differences in men and aliens/monsters just so we can spread lies to young impressionable teens in hopes of creating some sort of liberal utopia!

This argument is hilarious. Switch any female hero role with a male and it would still be just as ludicrous, because it's FICTION.
Old 03-15-17, 08:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
You know what bothers me even more? The fact that men in comic books are portrayed to be as physically tough as monsters and aliens. Oh yeah, let's all ignore the obvious genetic differences in men and aliens/monsters just so we can spread lies to young impressionable teens in hopes of creating some sort of liberal utopia!

This argument is hilarious. Switch any female hero role with a male and it would still be just as ludicrous, because it's FICTION.
Exactly, and it's been around for decades so claiming it's to due with current culture is just wrong.

There's another thread on this page regarding the new King Kong movie. Do you see lotr complaining about the same new story lines being dressed up as something new? Is he complaining about a gorilla apparently having the ability to take down helicopters?
Old 03-15-17, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post

For the tenth time, comic book/super hero stories are only a small part of the phenomena. Virtually the entire arena of movies/TV shows has been infected.
Old 03-15-17, 08:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Exactly, and it's been around for decades so claiming it's to due with current culture is just wrong.

There's another thread on this page regarding the new King Kong movie. Do you see lotr complaining about the same new story lines being dressed up as something new? Is he complaining about a gorilla apparently having the ability to take down helicopters?
You do seem to care an awful lot about what I complain about!

As far as "comics" being around for decades are you telling me you haven't seen a not so subtle shift to Social Justice Warrior activism in a lot of the story lines?

As for the new "king Kong" movie I haven't seen it yet but it's a sequel not a remake right? And for the record I'm not a fan of all the "sequels", "prequels" and "reimaginings" being made by Hollywood and I think I've stated this numerous times already. To me they are destroying all aspects of originality in movie making. The most creative and original content is now being produced as TV series not movies.
Old 03-15-17, 08:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nah, I think you're scared of strong women.
So your idea of a "strong women" is a lady who can beat the snot out of guys? So you think female "strength" is best expressed through bone crunching physicality where fierce women can demolish men in combat? Interesting definition of a "strong women".
Old 03-15-17, 09:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You do seem to care an awful lot about what I complain about!
I don't, just making observations.

Quote:
As far as "comics" being around for decades are you telling me you haven't seen a not so subtle shift to Social Justice Warrior activism in a lot of the story lines?
No idea.

Quote:
As for the new "king Kong" movie I haven't seen it yet but it's a sequel not a remake right? And for the record I'm not a fan of all the "sequels", "prequels" and "reimaginings" being made by Hollywood and I think I've stated this numerous times already. To me they are destroying all aspects of originality in movie making. The most creative and original content is now being produced as TV series not movies.
So why haven't you made a post on the new King Kong thread yet?

Also, not that I care about you skipping over most of my other posts, but can you address your claim that I said you hated women and your claim that I frequently throw out insults?

Last edited by TylerDurden; 03-15-17 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-15-17, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
One could look at it that way. One could also look at it as women just being given more access to a wider variety of different roles. I don't think it's some conspiracy like you seem to think.
Old 03-15-17, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So your idea of a "strong women" is a lady who can beat the snot out of guys? So you think female "strength" is best expressed through bone crunching physicality where fierce women can demolish men in combat? Interesting definition of a "strong women".
Who said female strength was best expressed through bone crunching physicality when fierce women can demolish men in combat?

Is the definition of a strong man someone who can physically beat up an alien, ala Predator? Of course not. Because it's a fiction movie. These things are fun to watch for exactly that reason, because they don't/can't happen in real life. Wonder Woman destroying everybody in sight looks like it will be a fun movie. Nothing more, nothing less.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: