Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-17, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Lotr had his way, our only action hero would be that great actor, Steven Seagal.

Bruce Lee: 5'7", Jackie Chan 5'9", Van Damme 5'9" Jack Reacher 5'7" Jason Bourne 5'9"

Yeah, he's no problem with boy power and the proliferation of like flics. He finds it "amazing" that women now have purchasing power and that business people are providing products that would interest them. Lotr, what're going to do when you get to Alpha Centauri and find it dominated by spiders?
It's not the size of the dog that matters in a fight it's the size of the fight in the dog. History & REAL life observations support the idea that a small guy can kick butt. I can suspend my disbelief that any of the folks you listed above could put a whooping on a bigger guy because of the real life examples of men like Roberto Duran who was all of 5'7".

BTW, if you knew anything about the basic myths of the human race you would understand that what you call "boy power" flicks have been with us since the very first moving pictures were made. And before that they dominated our literature & oral history's. And the reason they've been with us since the beginning is the simple fact that the "boy power" adventure is the classic story telling myth. Just ask Joseph Campbell.

Heck you can go back a lot further in history if you want to understand the genetic basis of the "boy power" mythology. The fact is "boy power" stories simply reflect the 50,000 years in which Cro-Magnon men led the exploratory hunting party's that distinguished early human hunter/gatherer cultures. Even before the advent of modern humans their immediate ancestors likely extend the male hunter aspect of hunter/gatherer human society back another several hundred thousand years.

A lot of natural selection takes place over these time spans. There is a reason we are what we are today and no matter how much progressives want to wipe out the reality of sex difference they'll keep running into the outcome of evolutionary natural selection. Their only recourse is in the realm of "make believe" where little women can beat up bigger men.
Old 03-14-17, 09:48 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Pretty telling that the guys who embrace "woman power" are probably also the guys that can probably be whipped by a girl. Ain't no woman on the planet whooping my arse. Some of these guys buy into the woman superhero because IRL most women are their physical equal.
Old 03-14-17, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
so is it really the female leading role thing or is it really super hero/Marvel/DC movies in general?
I have never complained about female leading roles in literature or the movies. I love those kind of stories & movies. One of my favorite TV series right now is the PBS Masterpiece theater showing of Victoria which follows the rise of Queen Victoria from teenager to one of the most famous monarch's in British history. Game of Thrones has numerous "leading" women moving the story line along. Ditto a lot of science fiction literature going back 50 years.

What I'm complaining about is the rather recent and IMO weird depiction of "tough" women who can beat the hell out of bigger "tough" men.

And yes I'll take women channeling Bruce Lee in a movie any day over having to sit through another Comic book Super Hero movie. These movies are beyond boring and IMO a waste of great special effects.
Old 03-14-17, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Pretty telling that the guys who embrace "woman power" are probably also the guys that can probably be whipped by a girl. Ain't no woman on the planet whooping my arse. Some of these guys buy into the woman superhero because IRL most women are their physical equal.
Are you still having trouble finding those GMO chemicals that are put in our food?
Old 03-14-17, 10:46 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Are you still having trouble finding those GMO chemicals that are put in our food?
You still having trouble understanding chemicals are all in our food already and genetic modification can't be any worse? Or are you too high?
Old 03-14-17, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
You thought GMO's were chemicals
Old 03-14-17, 10:52 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Lol in the nature scientific journal, which is what you want to be published in if you are into biology or chemistry, there was a spoof that showed a list of chemical free foods. Kinda funny for nerds.

Back to the point of GMOs there is really only benefit to them.

Here is the manuscript for the study
http://blogs.nature.com/thesceptical...ree-paper.html

A comprehensive overview of chemical-free consumer products

Last edited by Arrogate; 03-14-17 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-14-17, 11:00 AM
All American

It kind of reminds of the comprehensive study "reasons to vote for Democrats"
Old 03-14-17, 11:10 AM
All American

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/ar...or-your-health

Please read Possessed it may open your mind it may not. It is a bit of a read but a good read that explains it well. If you want to take the time to educate yourself on it I'd suggest this article.
Old 03-14-17, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
There is that.

But my guess is as we move towards our brave new androgynous world you may lose one of the few redeeming features of a girl power film.
You mean actually being a girl?
Old 03-14-17, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Most of these guys are metrosexuals. They almost see themselves as little btches.
Old 03-14-17, 11:23 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
on average 600 movies are released a year (per Google). 3 female led action ones come out in the same year, and response is "Hollywood is pushing feminism down our throats".

classic Yappi.
Old 03-14-17, 11:24 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
The sci-fi junkie gets angered by obvious fiction
So good.
Old 03-14-17, 12:58 PM
All American

4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
How many of the female superhero/spy azz kicker movies do we need? There's another Charlize Theron movie coming out that's like every Angelina Jolie movie, except she's a Lesbian. Tired of Hollywood pushing these sh1tty SJW movies down our throats.
...I think I am too!
Old 03-14-17, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's not the size of the dog that matters in a fight it's the size of the fight in the dog. History & REAL life observations support the idea that a small guy can kick butt. I can suspend my disbelief that any of the folks you listed above could put a whooping on a bigger guy because of the real life examples of men like Roberto Duran who was all of 5'7".

BTW, if you knew anything about the basic myths of the human race you would understand that what you call "boy power" flicks have been with us since the very first moving pictures were made. And before that they dominated our literature & oral history's. And the reason they've been with us since the beginning is the simple fact that the "boy power" adventure is the classic story telling myth. Just ask Joseph Campbell.

Heck you can go back a lot further in history if you want to understand the genetic basis of the "boy power" mythology. The fact is "boy power" stories simply reflect the 50,000 years in which Cro-Magnon men led the exploratory hunting party's that distinguished early human hunter/gatherer cultures. Even before the advent of modern humans their immediate ancestors likely extend the male hunter aspect of hunter/gatherer human society back another several hundred thousand years.

A lot of natural selection takes place over these time spans. There is a reason we are what we are today and no matter how much progressives want to wipe out the reality of sex difference they'll keep running into the outcome of evolutionary natural selection. Their only recourse is in the realm of "make believe" where little women can beat up bigger men.

I.... really don't feel an overwhelming need to understand "boy power" mythology. We can be comforted that you will hold that torch. I did get a good chuckle out of your post though.

It's okay. If being upstaged by a "girl," puts you on your willies, that's okay. There's many like you but we're just worried to tell you; these movies, man or woman, they're fantasy. It's okay if the "girls" kick-butt. Fantasy. Couldn't happen in real life.

You don't have to believe it's real. Those ones in the Olympics? CGI. ssshhhhhhhh. Don't tell.
Old 03-14-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd imagine then that most of the male's playing action figure couldn't either but I think you cheat. How's anyone going to whip your arse if you're never off it?
Old 03-14-17, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I.... really don't feel an overwhelming need to understand "boy power" mythology. We can be comforted that you will hold that torch. I did get a good chuckle out of your post though.

It's okay. If being upstaged by a "girl," puts you on your willies, that's okay. There's many like you but we're just worried to tell you; these movies, man or woman, they're fantasy. It's okay if the "girls" kick-butt. Fantasy. Couldn't happen in real life.

You don't have to believe it's real. Those ones in the Olympics? CGI. ssshhhhhhhh. Don't tell.
Oh for crying out loud quit channeling a rabid Social Justice Warrior.

As for the Olympics I'm curious as to whether a women has ever won the wrestling, boxing or Judo competition in the men's division? Seems to me they should just eliminate the male & female divisions and where appropriate go by weight to create competitive categories. Co-ed Olympics, works for me.
Old 03-14-17, 04:48 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I'd imagine then that most of the male's playing action figure couldn't either but I think you cheat. How's anyone going to whip your arse if you're never off it?
Paulie didn't move fast because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody.

Last edited by Possessed; 03-14-17 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-14-17, 04:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
You mean actually being a girl?
Gee UT you're posting like a neanderthal here with your gender specific labeling like "girl". Don't you know there is no such thing as "boy" or "girl" or "man" or "women". There is only "it", "they", "their" and "them". And speaking of "THEM":

Old 03-14-17, 06:38 PM
All American

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Mark me down as on board for any film with super hot amazonian princesses and WWI bad guys to whoop-up on to boot. I will see this film.
Old 03-14-17, 08:19 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Dirty old man.
Old 03-15-17, 05:36 AM
All American

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Dirty old man.
In deed.
Old 03-15-17, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ain't no woman on the planet whooping my arse.
Amanda Nunes would put you to sleep.
Old 03-15-17, 08:25 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Amanda Nunes would put you to sleep.
Amanda Nunes would get knocked the bleep out.
Old 03-15-17, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gee UT you're posting like a neanderthal here with your gender specific labeling like "girl". Don't you know there is no such thing as "boy" or "girl" or "man" or "women". There is only "it", "they", "their" and "them". And speaking of "THEM":
WTH did I just read?
Old 03-15-17, 08:50 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
WTH did I just read?
A lesson in gender neutral speak.
Old 03-15-17, 08:51 AM
All American

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Amanda Nunes would get knocked the bleep out.
This whole thing makes me wonder how much these movies contribute to the increase in domestic violence v women. You've got an entire generation that grew up w/these types of movies with the "strong female" protagonist that can beat up men 2-3x her size. In reality, 99.9999% of women would get seriously hurt being hit in the face by a regular man.
Old 03-15-17, 08:55 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
This whole thing makes me wonder how much these movies contribute to the increase in domestic violence v women. You've got an entire generation that grew up w/these types of movies with the "strong female" protagonist that can beat up men 2-3x her size. In reality, 99.9999% of women would get seriously hurt being hit in the face by a regular man.
You know, female on male domestic violence is an issue that people don't want to talk about. We teach boys to NEVER hit a girl no matter what... and there are absolutely girls that take advantage of that.
Old 03-15-17, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd say females playing the lead role as fictional comic book characters has contributed dramatically to domestic violence. No question.
Old 03-15-17, 09:17 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
This seems like a stupid post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: