Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-17, 06:05 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Euclid's DiBiasio Stadium renovations and New Stadium Updates

Just drove past the stadium today and noticed construction is underway as several sections of bleachers near Tracy Ave have been removed to make wave for new seating. The place will look unrecognizable at the time football season rolls around.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-17, 08:22 PM
Freshman

GCCfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Just drove past the stadium today and noticed construction is underway as several sections of bleachers near Tracy Ave have been removed to make wave for new seating. The place will look unrecognizable at the time football season rolls around.
Any word on if it the plan is to use the original renderings, or did they change that? I have not been able to find if the board approved the original designs or if that changed.
Old 03-09-17, 09:18 PM
All American

That's what the board has been using in the renderings of the stadium and memorial park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-17, 09:44 PM
Freshman

What is "Plan L"

http://www.euclidschools.org/protect...BBY&dasi=4GAUB

I was trying to see what the final plan was, but this was the most recent update. I have seen the renderings for what "Plan C" was but I have not seen renderings of what they have called "Plan L".
Old 03-10-17, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Great news. Turf and new seating was sorely needed. Now Elyria has to update their dump

Old 03-10-17, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
I sure hope they keep those hot dogs.
Old 03-10-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
I sure hope they keep those hot dogs.
I plan on having two at Saturday's Solon-Mentor district final.

For those who don't know, Euclid's "Booster Dogs" are the world's best hot dogs.
Old 03-10-17, 11:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Great news. Turf and new seating was sorely needed. Now Elyria has to update their dump

I like Euclid's stadium but it really needed some modern improvements. I'll be glad to see bigger, better restrooms. Hopefully, one on each side. Right now, there's just one tiny men's room under the home stands.
Old 03-10-17, 02:59 PM
All Region

Lakeshore5 is on a distinguished road
I have to believe this will become a popular playoff site. Has the capacity and neutrality for an Ed's / Ignatius vs. Mentor matchup. Parking is also a breeze.
Old 03-10-17, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeshore5 View Post
I have to believe this will become a popular playoff site. Has the capacity and neutrality for an Ed's / Ignatius vs. Mentor matchup. Parking is also a breeze.
It use to be a solid playoff site back in the day, especially for mid to smaller Division schools. Having only a grass field that was used for everything under the sun @ Euclid was a drawback, come November there was not much grass left.
Old 03-10-17, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
I plan on having two at Saturday's Solon-Mentor district final.

For those who don't know, Euclid's "Booster Dogs" are the world's best hot dogs.
I very much like Euclid gym and stadium's hot dogs. However, if you grew up in Euclid, the dogs are nothing special. I don't mean they're bad...they're terrific. But, with all of the East Europeans in Euclid (many Slovenian, but also Lithuanian and others), there were many great butcher shops and high quality hot dogs were REQUIRED.

Ross, Setina, Bernetich, Radell, Asman and Cimperman (down by St. Vitus on St. Clair) just to name a few...
Old 03-10-17, 07:03 PM
All American

Here are the renderings of the stadium, some of the layout may have changed since with the plans but the stadium design seems it will remain the same
Old 03-11-17, 10:48 AM
All American

Bengal Nation is on a distinguished road
It's too bad they didn't incorporate the old round clock that sat on top of the visitors side. That was always the signature piece to this stadium. A lot of great football history here!
Old 03-11-17, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
I very much like Euclid gym and stadium's hot dogs. However, if you grew up in Euclid, the dogs are nothing special. I don't mean they're bad...they're terrific. But, with all of the East Europeans in Euclid (many Slovenian, but also Lithuanian and others), there were many great butcher shops and high quality hot dogs were REQUIRED.

Ross, Setina, Bernetich, Radell, Asman and Cimperman (down by St. Vitus on St. Clair) just to name a few...
All those butcher shops... That must have been like heaven living in that neighborhood. Now I'm hungry for burgers, Slovenian sausage and ribs.
Old 03-11-17, 12:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
All those butcher shops... That must have been like heaven living in that neighborhood. Now I'm hungry for burgers, Slovenian sausage and ribs.
At least three of those shops are still there (Ross', Azman, and Raddell's). Not sure about the others.
Old 03-11-17, 12:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
At least three of those shops are still there (Ross', Azman, and Raddell's). Not sure about the others.
The rest are gone, I think. As a kid, growing, my mother had her preferences. Ross's for the basics...Setina's and Bernetich (both on 185) for certain specialty items. My uncles, who lived out of town, would come in to visit and fly home on airplanes with large boxes of Slovenian sausage from Model Meat Market on 200th...powerful smell...probably not real popular on the plane.

I have heard good things about a place on Waterloo called A&R (I think)...some old, broken English, ethnic sausage maker working in a converted garage. I have to try it.

Radell's on 152nd continues to be excellent and is a short drive from the west side.
Old 03-11-17, 12:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
There were many things about Euclid in the 60's/70's that was pretty special...the butchers being one of them.
Old 03-11-17, 12:56 PM
All Region

Quote:
The rest are gone, I think. As a kid, growing, my mother had her preferences. Ross's for the basics...Setina's and Bernetich (both on 185) for certain specialty items. My uncles, who lived out of town, would come in to visit and fly home on airplanes with large boxes of Slovenian sausage from Model Meat Market on 200th...powerful smell...probably not real popular on the plane.

I have heard good things about a place on Waterloo called A&R (I think)...some old, broken English, ethnic sausage maker working in a converted garage. I have to try it.

Radell's on 152nd continues to be excellent and is a short drive from the west side.
Raddell's offers air shipping now with vacuum packed sausage to reach their customers, imagine that. Truly a family business with Bill working weekends there while he teaches theology at Joe's. I've heard the same about the other spot on Waterloo, a few people swear by it.
Old 03-11-17, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Raddell's offers air shipping now with vacuum packed sausage to reach their customers, imagine that. Truly a family business with Bill working weekends there while he teaches theology at Joe's. I've heard the same about the other spot on Waterloo, a few people swear by it.
I suspect MugnMaul has some sophisticated opinions about sausage and other meat products. Mug?
Old 03-11-17, 02:43 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Nation View Post
It's too bad they didn't incorporate the old round clock that sat on top of the visitors side. That was always the signature piece to this stadium. A lot of great football history here!
I have been thinking the very same thing. I think that clock should have been preserved and retained. As it is, looking at these drawings, this renovation is truly amazing to someone with a very old and "fixed" mental picture of what was once referred to as "Euclid Stadium" or "Panther Stadium" by most in casual conversation before naming it after Dr. Spartoco "Sparky" DiBiasio (1st Head football coach of the "new" (1949) consolidated Euclid High School.)

If I ever make it back to Euclid from the West again, I won't even recognize anything on the campus or the Stadium. I was looking at the ECS website and was amazed to see that all 11 elementary schools I grew up with are razed or repurposed and that the City has only 4 (new!) elementary schools. Was also surprised to see that Forest Park Jr. High (Middle School) was closed and is being razed. I guess you really can't go home again!

Anyone know what the building on the Westport Ave side of the Stadium behind where the scoreboard always has been is, or is going to be? That was never there when I went to Euclid High and lived in the city.
Old 03-11-17, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Eagle View Post
I have been thinking the very same thing. I think that clock should have been preserved and retained. As it is, looking at these drawings, this renovation is truly amazing to someone with a very old and "fixed" mental picture of what was once referred to as "Euclid Stadium" or "Panther Stadium" by most in casual conversation before naming it after Dr. Spartoco "Sparky" DiBiasio (1st Head football coach of the "new" (1949) consolidated Euclid High School.)

If I ever make it back to Euclid from the West again, I won't even recognize anything on the campus or the Stadium. I was looking at the ECS website and was amazed to see that all 11 elementary schools I grew up with are razed or repurposed and that the City has only 4 (new!) elementary schools. Was also surprised to see that Forest Park Jr. High (Middle School) was closed and is being razed. I guess you really can't go home again!

Anyone know what the building on the Westport Ave side of the Stadium behind where the scoreboard always has been is, or is going to be? That was never there when I went to Euclid High and lived in the city.
You don't have a good butcher story to tell? Or are you holding back?

I haven't lived in Euclid for a long time, but I'm in and around it frequently. For the most part (and this is generally not a good thing), Euclid's architecture, housing, etc., hasn't changed much at all in 30/40 years.
Old 03-11-17, 03:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
You don't have a good butcher story to tell? Or are you holding back?

I haven't lived in Euclid for a long time, but I'm in and around it frequently. For the most part (and this is generally not a good thing), Euclid's architecture, housing, etc., hasn't changed much at all in 30/40 years.
LOL ! Not holding back at all, I assure you! If I had a good butcher shop story to share I would, gladly. My family moved to Euclid from Warrensville in the 1960's and we aren't of Slovenian descent. We had always shopped A&P, and other chain grocery stores of that era like Pick-N-Pay, for our meat. My Mom kept right on doing that when we arrived in Euclid. So, although I saw and am passingly familiar with some of the butcher shops mentioned, we never shopped at any of them.

Re: Euclid architecture, last time I passed through the city what I saw all looked pretty much the same in the areas I was in. Euclid Square Mall or what's left of it looked depressingly and horrifyingly the same train wreck it has been for years. Wish they would put an industrial park in there and try to attract some appropriate business. Never knew about all the school changes though. I'm sure the housing and apartment stock all pretty much looks the same as it did.
Old 03-12-17, 12:07 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I will likely be in Cleveland the weekend of October 6th-8th, so a trip to DiBiasio Stadium for old time's sake may be in order for the Euclid/Solon game.
Old 03-12-17, 11:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Eagle View Post

That would be the new fieldhouse that will be constructed as part of the reno's it would house the locker rooms coaches and trainers offices and weight room
Old 03-12-17, 07:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
That would be the new fieldhouse that will be constructed as part of the reno's it would house the locker rooms coaches and trainers offices and weight room
Thanx for the info! I tried to expand the drawings above to read the legend but didn't succeed and I never did find the drawings on the ECS website. So the locker rooms won't be under the main stands and pressbox any longer... bigger rest rooms coming in their place, I guess lol
Old 03-12-17, 11:56 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Went to a game against Shaker Heights on a Saturday two years ago. It's a great older stadium, but the visitor side was abysmal. Building this up and putting in turf will make this another great stadium on the east side of Cleveland. Especially for playoffs. I assume VASJ will be playing here for quite some time? Much easier on turf to host two teams.
Old 03-13-17, 12:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Went to a game against Shaker Heights on a Saturday two years ago. It's a great older stadium, but the visitor side was abysmal. Building this up and putting in turf will make this another great stadium on the east side of Cleveland. Especially for playoffs. I assume VASJ will be playing here for quite some time? Much easier on turf to host two teams.

Very likely VASJ continues to call Sparky D home as years go on.
Old 03-13-17, 08:51 PM
Freshman

Look's like there is a different plan in place!

http://www.euclidschools.org/protect...Y00&dasi=4GAUB
Old 03-13-17, 10:56 PM
All American

Pretty surprised they are going to build a whole new stadium and downsize DiBiasio Stadium

Old 03-13-17, 11:11 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Pretty surprised they are going to build a whole new stadium and downsize DiBiasio Stadium

Yep, that is a surprise. All new construction seems excessive. I guess that this was approved because it saves the cost of the field house as they look like they'd just use the HS locker rooms. If that's the case, though, that smaller stadium will be interesting since it's a horseshoe shape.