Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-02-17, 02:07 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Mercy-mcauley to merge

Just saw that Mercy and McAuley plan to merge in 2018-2019. Now neither has been all that exceptional in soccer recently but the merger could create some changes in the Cincinnati soccer landscape.

Maybe McAuley will put some sod or turf on the cow pasture they play on now.

Last edited by Irwin20; 03-03-17 at 02:04 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-17, 02:32 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Maybe they can now feel like they are better than everyone else and build a stadium. Bragging rights are everything in our Catholic school system. Just ask McNick. Oh wait, it is all about the Religion. LMAO
Old 03-03-17, 01:12 PM
Junior Varsity

SoccerinCincy is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the merger gives them the resources for a field that is not a hazard to the health of the players
Old 03-03-17, 03:48 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerinCincy View Post
Hopefully the merger gives them the resources for a field that is not a hazard to the health of the players
My understanding is that they Mercy will be moving to McCauley's building. So, unless they have money for a new stadium/playing surface that is properly leveled, or access to a field in another location, they will be playing at McCauley
Old 03-03-17, 05:29 PM
All District

EXPRESS
The merger is going to quickly change the landscape of the soccer program as two of the elite teams from a west side club are going to fill the roster with a lot of high level talent. The only issue is that some of these select teams are going to be close to exceeding the 5 girl limit for their select teams. However, merger is going to increase the level of play significantly.
Old 03-03-17, 06:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
The merger is going to quickly change the landscape of the soccer program as two of the elite teams from a west side club are going to fill the roster with a lot of high level talent. The only issue is that some of these select teams are going to be close to exceeding the 5 girl limit for their select teams. However, merger is going to increase the level of play significantly.
More competition in the GGCL is a good thing. The Eastside schools could use it.
Old 03-03-17, 09:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
My experience with west side sports it will get worse before it gets better. Soccer politics and soccer moms on that side of town will be toxic.
Old 03-03-17, 09:48 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Is there such a thing as "elite teams from a west side club"? Most truly elite players don't play for west side clubs once they reach U10,and above.
Old 03-04-17, 06:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Is there such a thing as "elite teams from a west side club"? Most truly elite players don't play for west side clubs once they reach U10,and above.
I was thinking the same thing. Unless they are playing for OE, Cup or KHA they are not on an "elite" team. Not saying they can't still be good players but the teams are a step below IMO.
Old 03-04-17, 08:46 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Unless they are playing for OE, Cup or KHA they are not on an "elite" team. Not saying they can't still be good players but the teams are a step below IMO.
TFA has some MRL teams (at least one), and a National League team.
Old 03-04-17, 09:09 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
TFA has some MRL teams (at least one), and a National League team.
Ok, I didn't know that. Not putting any teams down and I guess my daughters KHA team may have played them I just don't remember any TFA team being very competitive.
Old 03-04-17, 11:56 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Stupid comment as TFA has three MRL teams that compete nationally and regionally with CUP and KH at a very high level. If you didn't realize that then you stopped watching soccer at U10. FYI ECNL is just a money grab for parents that want to think they are playing the best. CUP and OP both play at a much higher level but are blessed with pure numbers for talent.
Old 03-04-17, 05:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Stupid comment as TFA has three MRL teams that compete nationally and regionally with CUP and KH at a very high level. If you didn't realize that then you stopped watching soccer at U10. FYI ECNL is just a money grab for parents that want to think they are playing the best. CUP and OP both play at a much higher level but are blessed with pure numbers for talent.
TFA is a joke. Teams are picked on who you know or what camps you attend. If you line the pockets of the directors you play on a top team. They lose top talent every year because of all of the politics and poor leadership.

According to the MRL website TFA has 1 team that team went 2-5.
Old 03-04-17, 05:43 PM
Junior Varsity

According to the MRL website TFA has 1 team that team went 2-5.

Correction. Documents was only showing U14 division
Old 03-04-17, 05:52 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Express, clearly as a TFA parent you can say that with confidence because you don't know any better. I didn't believe it until I saw it. TFA is a great club. But they have one team that competes at KHA/CUP/OE level (The 01's mentioned below at 2-5 in National League).

MRL 1st division or Premier 2 are nowhere near National League or ECNL level. College coaches don't flock to games like they do from the afore mentioned clubs. Xavier and UC coaches are seen at OE practices. Didn't see them at our MRL Premier 2 games last year.

TFA is like Galaxies and Warren Co. in that they're not a destination club for the elite girls at the older ages. I'd argue that those girls go to the big three (Probably big 2)(Not that my daughter is elite)
Old 03-04-17, 06:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
SoccerinCincy you hit the proverbial nail on the head. TFA is a good local team but the could not compete on the ECNL platform. Most top talent leaves before HS or switch sports due to the politics and parent coaches.
Old 03-05-17, 09:12 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
LMAO on the name........Bucknut3.......Too Funny!!!!!
Old 03-05-17, 04:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Express, clearly as a TFA parent you can say that with confidence because you don't know any better. I didn't believe it until I saw it. TFA is a great club. But they have one team that competes at KHA/CUP/OE level (The 01's mentioned below at 2-5 in National League).

MRL 1st division or Premier 2 are nowhere near National League or ECNL level. College coaches don't flock to games like they do from the afore mentioned clubs. Xavier and UC coaches are seen at OE practices. Didn't see them at our MRL Premier 2 games last year.

TFA is like Galaxies and Warren Co. in that they're not a destination club for the elite girls at the older ages. I'd argue that those girls go to the big three (Probably big 2)(Not that my daughter is elite)
Your comments about MRL (Premier 2) are a little off base. While it is true that UC coaches don't flock to practices, they do flock to see those teams when they are in the big tournaments (State Cup, CASL, Crossroads, etc). Warren County's class of 2017 commits include at least 4 players that have signed to play D1 (including IU and the Air Force Academy).

Also, has your DOC or coach invited college coaches out to practices? I have spoken to coaches, and will say that they will come out if invited.

Given the level of talent in Cinci Girls soccer, there's more than enough teams to go around.
Old 03-05-17, 05:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
Your comments about MRL (Premier 2) are a little off base. While it is true that UC coaches don't flock to practices, they do flock to see those teams when they are in the big tournaments (State Cup, CASL, Crossroads, etc). Warren County's class of 2017 commits include at least 4 players that have signed to play D1 (including IU and the Air Force Academy).

Also, has your DOC or coach invited college coaches out to practices? I have spoken to coaches, and will say that they will come out if invited.

Given the level of talent in Cinci Girls soccer, there's more than enough teams to go around.
You're probably right in that they're a little off base, but not much. I know of Grace/IU/Warren Co. I don't mean to diminish that club. They have a great reputation and love their style of play. I'm sure they produce elite players. You can find Warren Co. Sprinkled around D1 rosters on area schools.

But it's still no comparison. We did CASL, Crossroads, and Bluechip. Sincerely, there's no comparison.

And our club coach was a D1 coach last year.
Old 03-06-17, 10:39 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:

Let's face it, there's politics at every club. OE probably does the best job as as for reducing politics. I'll say this for one TFA team, they have the beaten OE 5 out of the last 6 times they met and that OE team has went on to perform very well in ECNL and won several ECNL tourneys. So, based on what i've seen over many years OE is no where close to CUP or OP and about level with the top Warren-Clermont-TFA-KH. BTW that same TFA team beat Cups top team last year as well. I agree TFA has serious management issues but there are some solid teams there as well. TFA for a destination club, I agree, absolutely not. I disagree that ECNL comparable to National League, I'd say they are about the same as the top MRL.
Old 03-06-17, 11:31 AM
All District

Quote:
Let's face it, there's politics at every club. OE probably does the best job as as for reducing politics. I'll say this for one TFA team, they have the beaten OE 5 out of the last 6 times they met and that OE team has went on to perform very well in ECNL and won several ECNL tourneys. So, based on what i've seen over many years OE is no where close to CUP or OP and about level with the top Warren-Clermont-TFA-KH. BTW that same TFA team beat Cups top team last year as well. I agree TFA has serious management issues but there are some solid teams there as well. TFA for a destination club, I agree, absolutely not. I disagree that ECNL comparable to National League, I'd say they are about the same as the top MRL.
You referring to 01's?

Comparing OE teams at U13 or below is probably not a realistic assessment, as players tend to gravitate there at high school age. I'd bet most girls on the ECNL rosters weren't there at U11/12. Don't know, just a guess.

OE 01's would be a good example. 6/20 girls on the roster from last year's team.
Old 03-06-17, 01:53 PM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
You referring to 01's?

Comparing OE teams at U13 or below is probably not a realistic assessment, as players tend to gravitate there at high school age. I'd bet most girls on the ECNL rosters weren't there at U11/12. Don't know, just a guess.

OE 01's would be a good example. 6/20 girls on the roster from last year's team.
TFA 01's and 03's, agree on high school jump to OE as the way they do pool teams gives opportunity, jumping to a CUP team in high school is challenging.
Old 03-10-17, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
surely you jest:

Quote:
Let's face it, there's politics at every club. OE probably does the best job as as for reducing politics.
here, it's corrected:

Quote:
Let's face it, there's politics at every club. OE probably does the worst job as as for reducing politics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: