Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-31-17, 05:45 AM
Freshman

Buckeye_FB11 is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it Frank Hall from Ashtabula Lakeside is in talks for becoming the next HC and could be introduced as early as next Tuesday in prep for the April board meeting on the 10th.
Old 03-31-17, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye_FB11 View Post
Rumor has it Frank Hall from Ashtabula Lakeside is in talks for becoming the next HC and could be introduced as early as next Tuesday in prep for the April board meeting on the 10th.
Great guy but I believe he is 6-34 as a head coach at Lakeside after being an assistant at Chardon. Is this the guy who would take you to the next level?
Old 03-31-17, 02:13 PM
Junior Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestdumbguy01 View Post
Great guy but I believe he is 6-34 as a head coach at Lakeside after being an assistant at Chardon. Is this the guy who would take you to the next level?
true his record at Lakeside is not good but do you see the teams has had to face?

only faced two teams with a losing record last year and won one of those games. Year before that, they only faced two teams with a losing record and he won both of those games. Facing teams like Warren G Harding, Madison, and Canfield over those two years.

Year before that, '14, his team was destroyed by injuries. I want to say at one point they had 7-8 kids out with concussions.

Lakeside has been one of the programs in the conferences they have been playing in. West G is the complete opposite. I would give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 03-31-17, 05:14 PM
All Ohio

Yes I dont disagree with your statement. My only point was that it seemed as though WG wanted someone to take a nice program to the next level and someone who hasn't built their own program or had much success, albeit at an overmatched school, might not be that guy. My first reaction was nice guy but stretch hire.
Old 03-31-17, 06:36 PM
All Region

fbrox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestdumbguy01 View Post
Yes I dont disagree with your statement. My only point was that it seemed as though WG wanted someone to take a nice program to the next level and someone who hasn't built their own program or had much success, albeit at an overmatched school, might not be that guy. My first reaction was nice guy but stretch hire.
I'm thinking this job isn't as desirable as some may think plus the district is going through some big changes including a drop in enrollment.
Old 03-31-17, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

Good points, maybe we will learn more when it is formally announced.
Old 03-31-17, 07:24 PM
Freshman

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
Frank is a HERO and an awesome Dad. West G needs a grown up in the locker room. "We seriously don't know who to shake hands with after playing them. Are these guys players or coaches" is what was asked by opposing coaches after a game. It's a big frat party over there.

But as Parcells said "You are what your record says you are"...and 6-34 is a good sample size. 31.4 points a game given up vs 11.1 scored over 4 years is more of a trend. Maybe bring him in as an assistant to monitor the college kids/coaches.

I have to believe someone with experience and current knowledge of the NE football landscape applied. Hopefully the AD looked at all the candidates...coaches who know say he whiffed though. Time will tell... no disrespect to all involved.
Old 04-01-17, 09:31 AM
Freshman

Dee Lou Chanel is on a distinguished road
I think you may have him confused with the Minerva's Hall who also may have applied?
Old 04-04-17, 06:57 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Too much cryptic stuff here... who's on the short list?