Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-06-17, 12:12 PM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Well Express. If you know them spit it out
Old 03-06-17, 12:53 PM
All District

EXPRESS
I've said it before, Rehage, unless a superstar falls in their lap
Old 03-06-17, 02:05 PM
All Region

Onyx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
I've said it before, Rehage, unless a superstar falls in their lap
Who would be deemed a "superstar" in your eyes or the AD's eyes etc. Not sure anyone out there looking for jobs currently (or willing to leave their current job) is deemed a "superstar"? Roden from EC..."superstar" worthy?

Who knows?
Old 03-06-17, 02:33 PM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
Who would be deemed a "superstar" in your eyes or the AD's eyes etc. Not sure anyone out there looking for jobs currently (or willing to leave their current job) is deemed a "superstar"? Roden from EC..."superstar" worthy?

Who knows?
Not a lot of chatter on candidates since it was announce. No way on Roden. I'm sure there's going to be flurry of non-head coaches from other programs locally but not aware of any superstars within mix. I'm not sure how appealing the job really is to outsiders as its still a small town, a lot of politics and then mix in the outsiders and the AD rumors??? The last two hires have been from out of the region from successful smaller schools, so maybe they stick with that formula but I still think it will be Rehage.
Old 03-09-17, 08:32 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not a lot of chatter on candidates since it was announce. No way on Roden. I'm sure there's going to be flurry of non-head coaches from other programs locally but not aware of any superstars within mix. I'm not sure how appealing the job really is to outsiders as its still a small town, a lot of politics and then mix in the outsiders and the AD rumors??? The last two hires have been from out of the region from successful smaller schools, so maybe they stick with that formula but I still think it will be Rehage.
Rehage as coach would certainly add an interesting new wrinkle in the Battle of I-74 rivalry with East Central.
Old 03-09-17, 09:02 AM
Freshman

TheInsideScoop is on a distinguished road
Heard the former OC at LaSalle had an interview within the past few days. Did Harrison get a ton of transfers in that are athletes that can bail him out of trouble?
Old 03-09-17, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInsideScoop View Post
Heard the former OC at LaSalle had an interview within the past few days. Did Harrison get a ton of transfers in that are athletes that can bail him out of trouble?
This would be horrible, his Offense what it should have been at LaSalle when he had athletes. What's he going to do with even fewer athletes. Bring in Rehage have him run the offense and go with the Power Run game, the same system he was in at EC, when they where so good!
Old 03-09-17, 09:44 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
This would be horrible, his Offense what it should have been at LaSalle when he had athletes. What's he going to do with even fewer athletes. Bring in Rehage have him run the offense and go with the Power Run game, the same system he was in at EC, when they where so good!
He was a finalist last time around when Kent was hired, why would he not at least get an interview again? This was before he lead the LaSalle offense to 3 state championships. I wouldn't say at all it would be "horrible."
Old 03-09-17, 11:24 AM
Varsity

Anybody who thinks this current team is a power run team is crazy. You have the best qb in the swoc and maybe in top 10 in city. If you wanna power run in the future fine but don't bring a system in that's counter productive to what you already have. Fine a way to win with current players and build your program from the ground up through youth league and frosh team.
Old 03-09-17, 01:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper4565 View Post
Anybody who thinks this current team is a power run team is crazy. You have the best qb in the swoc and maybe in top 10 in city. If you wanna power run in the future fine but don't bring a system in that's counter productive to what you already have. Fine a way to win with current players and build your program from the ground up through youth league and frosh team.
No doubt, but you cant build your offense around a kid who is only going to be there for one year. You have to look at the big picture when building a program, not the quick fix!
Old 03-09-17, 01:34 PM
Varsity

I agree. But don't come in guns a blazin. Gotta build from youth up.
Old 03-09-17, 02:55 PM
All District

EXPRESS
Harrison does not have the horses year in and out to be a power run team. Their success has always been the spread like everyone else. With a school like Harrison, you have to be willing to adjust the offence every so often based on the caliber of talent coming through. The reason the OC was changed last year was because the former OC was not willing to adjust the offence as Kent wanted. An outside new coach is going to have some challenges as compared to Rehage since he's been around the program for some time. My big question is whether or not Rehage has the qualities needed to be a head coach? If its the LaSalle OC he needs to realize he's coming to an entirely different culture and talent pool.
Old 03-09-17, 06:54 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Harrison does not have the horses year in and out to be a power run team. Their success has always been the spread like everyone else. With a school like Harrison, you have to be willing to adjust the offence every so often based on the caliber of talent coming through. The reason the OC was changed last year was because the former OC was not willing to adjust the offence as Kent wanted. An outside new coach is going to have some challenges as compared to Rehage since he's been around the program for some time. My big question is whether or not Rehage has the qualities needed to be a head coach? If its the LaSalle OC he needs to realize he's coming to an entirely different culture and talent pool.
Uh dude I cant say for sure, but over the years I have seen some very big and very talented linemen at Harrison. Also during this time, Harrison has had some very big, and very fast running backs. Almost every year at every level, Harrison has large and very nasty kids who will hit you and come back for more.
Old 03-09-17, 08:51 PM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh dude I cant say for sure, but over the years I have seen some very big and very talented linemen at Harrison. Also during this time, Harrison has had some very big, and very fast running backs. Almost every year at every level, Harrison has large and very nasty kids who will hit you and come back for more.
Uh dude, been around harrison a long time, you can't run a program off an occasional big lineman or good running back. Yeah, you can beat little miami, talawanda and ross that way but its not going to get you far out of league play.
Old 03-09-17, 11:21 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i will say if kent let the last OC go because he didn't fit what he wanted, was a mistake. kent didn't want him b/c the offense scored too much and his defense couldn't stop a runny nose. the former OC was in charge of some of the most prolific offenses harrison has seen in a long time. SS did a great job putting points on the board but the defense was swiss cheese.

jtk
()
Old 03-10-17, 07:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Uh dude, been around harrison a long time, you can't run a program off an occasional big lineman or good running back. Yeah, you can beat little miami, talawanda and ross that way but its not going to get you far out of league play.
Apparently you haven't been around that long because as late as the late 90's and mid 00's they had huge o-lines.
Old 03-10-17, 07:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
i will say if kent let the last OC go because he didn't fit what he wanted, was a mistake. kent didn't want him b/c the offense scored too much and his defense couldn't stop a runny nose. the former OC was in charge of some of the most prolific offenses harrison has seen in a long time. SS did a great job putting points on the board but the defense was swiss cheese.

jtk
()
another case of the nimrod AD running off good coaches, to bring in puppets!
Old 03-11-17, 03:16 PM
Varsity

PAScompete is on a distinguished road
.... word is that a coach from the Columbus area was on the top of the wishlist. Has Cincinnati ties. I believe his head coaching career started at Loveland!
Old 03-13-17, 07:47 AM
All Ohio

TheStuff142
[QUOTE][The conference is going to lose a school, and may opt to stay with 6 members instead of adding Winton Woods and remaining odd with 7. But if the conference losses 2 schools and fall to 5 it will be a HUGE problem and be on the cusp of collapse. The conference better act fast and get out in front of it, if it wants to be stable./QUOTE]

Winton Woods will not get invited to join SWOC...
Old 03-13-17, 10:33 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Seriously? Wow, what would be the rational as Middletown is a charter member of the GMC. I know there were rumbles last year of the Middies looking to the GWOC but I just can't believe they are to the point where they think they no longer can compete in the GMC.

If they were to leave to go to the SWOC I guess that would pave the way for West Clermont to join the GMC?
There was some talk about the GWOC breaking up. It's so big now that some of the smaller schools that can't compete with the bigger ones are talking about breaking off and forming their own league. I think when that happens, then you will see some movement with other teams in the SW area.
Old 03-13-17, 07:02 PM
Moderated User

[QUOTE=TheStuff142;6725108]
Quote:
[The conference is going to lose a school, and may opt to stay with 6 members instead of adding Winton Woods and remaining odd with 7. But if the conference losses 2 schools and fall to 5 it will be a HUGE problem and be on the cusp of collapse. The conference better act fast and get out in front of it, if it wants to be stable./QUOTE]

Winton Woods will not get invited to join SWOC...
Uh, one can only hope this conference will implode.
Old 03-13-17, 10:35 PM
All Region

Latman is on a distinguished road
Harrison had a very good Freshman team this year. Beat a tough Edgewood team 27-0 and out scored a very good Springboro Freshman team in a half of a scrimmage/game late in the season when both had open dates.
In my opinion, this group would be better suited for a power run game with play action out of multiple formations and running some tight end sets. I don't think you should get too caught up in calling it one or the other, rather find the defensive weakness and exploit it. If you can beat them in the box, run your tight formations, if you can take advantage of spreading them out, do so. As mentioned earlier, the defense has not been very good the last few years and a spread offense that scores fast is not doing the defense any favors. I'm also not a fan of throwing the ball 40+ a game in what typically looks like throwing the ball deep and up for grabs at the high school level or throwing short outs to a 3 receiver set. A good team can adjust their safety's to over play both. If you have a running QB to complement the spread, then it helps. Harrison does not have a Very mobile QB and not one coming up that I know of. Thus my thoughts on power formations vs spread.
A number of sophomores played varsity this year and add in a good group of freshman coming up with the seniors to be and the new coach will have a good base to build from.
Old 03-14-17, 07:12 AM
All Ohio

Harrison will name it's new coach at Thursday's Board Meeting.
Old 03-14-17, 03:07 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latman View Post
Harrison had a very good Freshman team this year. Beat a tough Edgewood team 27-0 and out scored a very good Springboro Freshman team in a half of a scrimmage/game late in the season when both had open dates.
In my opinion, this group would be better suited for a power run game with play action out of multiple formations and running some tight end sets. I don't think you should get too caught up in calling it one or the other, rather find the defensive weakness and exploit it. If you can beat them in the box, run your tight formations, if you can take advantage of spreading them out, do so. As mentioned earlier, the defense has not been very good the last few years and a spread offense that scores fast is not doing the defense any favors. I'm also not a fan of throwing the ball 40+ a game in what typically looks like throwing the ball deep and up for grabs at the high school level or throwing short outs to a 3 receiver set. A good team can adjust their safety's to over play both. If you have a running QB to complement the spread, then it helps. Harrison does not have a Very mobile QB and not one coming up that I know of. Thus my thoughts on power formations vs spread.
A number of sophomores played varsity this year and add in a good group of freshman coming up with the seniors to be and the new coach will have a good base to build from.
Uh the freshmen Harrison group is very good. Uh Harrison played Edgewood when the Edgewood QB was down with an injury.The kid that played QB was a backup and we had problems just running our offense. Cant comment on the Harrison offense, but when you have a kid that can sling it like Frankie, if you don't throw the ball, you are stupid.
Old 03-14-17, 03:15 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
There was some talk about the GWOC breaking up. It's so big now that some of the smaller schools that can't compete with the bigger ones are talking about breaking off and forming their own league. I think when that happens, then you will see some movement with other teams in the SW area.
Not intending to steal the thread here but : GWOC just added smaller schools to the league last year. The only school that should leave is West Carrollton and that would be for the City League. GWOC is not going anywhere. At most it would be the Troy/Piqua/Tipp's that would go anywhere but they already play each other and bring in serious $$$. Southern schools are all similar size to their division opponents.

Now back to Harrison.
Old 03-14-17, 11:17 PM
All Region

Latman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh the freshmen Harrison group is very good. Uh Harrison played Edgewood when the Edgewood QB was down with an injury.The kid that played QB was a backup and we had problems just running our offense. Cant comment on the Harrison offense, but when you have a kid that can sling it like Frankie, if you don't throw the ball, you are stupid.
You have to throw to be successful, however relying on the pass alone or run alone will not work against the good teams. You need the defense to respect the possibility of both. A good QB could thrive with a good running game to complement the arm!
Old 03-16-17, 05:25 PM
Varsity

New coach being confirmed tonight
Old 03-16-17, 08:31 PM
Varsity

No surprise. Rehage new coach
Old 03-16-17, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Looks like Rehage is the guy: