Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-02-17, 08:49 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,407
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Middletown is sniffing around the SWOC........
Seriously? Wow, what would be the rational as Middletown is a charter member of the GMC. I know there were rumbles last year of the Middies looking to the GWOC but I just can't believe they are to the point where they think they no longer can compete in the GMC.

If they were to leave to go to the SWOC I guess that would pave the way for West Clermont to join the GMC?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-02-17, 10:40 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,077
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Is the Harrison AD relatively new to that post?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-02-17, 11:17 AM
JetSweepAudible22 JetSweepAudible22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-19-15
Posts: 248
JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Seriously? Wow, what would be the rational as Middletown is a charter member of the GMC. I know there were rumbles last year of the Middies looking to the GWOC but I just can't believe they are to the point where they think they no longer can compete in the GMC.

If they were to leave to go to the SWOC I guess that would pave the way for West Clermont to join the GMC?
All I can say is that Middletown has discussed it. It's far from being concrete, but they do have a committee that is exploring other leagues and the SWOC is first on the list. Let's face it, Middletown is a dying town and they just don't have it anymore. Once they fall to D2, and they will, they will be a perfect fit for the SWOC.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-02-17, 11:35 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,077
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
All I can say is that Middletown has discussed it. It's far from being concrete, but they do have a committee that is exploring other leagues and the SWOC is first on the list. Let's face it, Middletown is a dying town and they just don't have it anymore. Once they fall to D2, and they will, they will be a perfect fit for the SWOC.
What makes Middletown a "perfect fit" for the SWOC? It would be foolish to leave the GMC.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-02-17, 11:51 AM
JetSweepAudible22 JetSweepAudible22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-19-15
Posts: 248
JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
What makes Middletown a "perfect fit" for the SWOC? It would be foolish to leave the GMC.
Or they can go 0-10 every year?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-02-17, 12:31 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,077
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Or they can go 0-10 every year?
Football is not the only sport. How about getting better instead of looking for an easy route? I think the Middie faithful would totally want to remain in the GMC.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-02-17, 12:54 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,456
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
All I can say is that Middletown has discussed it. It's far from being concrete, but they do have a committee that is exploring other leagues and the SWOC is first on the list. Let's face it, Middletown is a dying town and they just don't have it anymore. Once they fall to D2, and they will, they will be a perfect fit for the SWOC.
Uh Middletown to the SWOC is almost laughable. Middletown is nowhere near D2 and would be the largest school in the SWOC by far. As far as Talawanda leaving \, Talawanda and Ross are joined at the hip.If one leaves I'm sure the other would try to leave also. One can only hope the Edgewood administration is working hard to get in the SWBL large school league. We already play Monroe and Franklin which are the 2 best crowds every season.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-02-17, 07:57 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,456
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Harrison will need to replace their entire receiving core, which is going to make Frankie's job much harder this year. Silcox could be great but needs to be more committed in the off season to be able to compete outside of the weak conference. The new coach will have his work cut out for him..
Uh, this "weak" conference in 3 of the last 4 years, has had the league champion lose to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. I doubt if any other league in the state can say as much, except the GCL south or the MAC.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-03-17, 08:28 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,077
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Harrison will hire from within. Promote the Defensive Coordinator and the rest of the staff stays in place. Coaching changes can be hard on a program.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-03-17, 09:04 AM
360QB 360QB is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-23-13
Posts: 26
360QB is on a distinguished road
Why would Lainhart be considered for the HC job at Harrison? Walnut is a gold mine? Fake News?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-03-17, 09:08 AM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 326
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
The better question would be why would Harrison want him?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-03-17, 01:45 PM
Daddy Daddy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Posts: 1,539
Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, this "weak" conference in 3 of the last 4 years, has had the league champion lose to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. I doubt if any other league in the state can say as much, except the GCL south or the MAC.
That's a reflection of geography, not the quality of the conference.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-03-17, 02:00 PM
MtH_Owls MtH_Owls is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 10
MtH_Owls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
That's a reflection of geography, not the quality of the conference.
But of those 3 losses 2 were by a td or less (and those state champs ran through everybody else) and the one that was blowout was the year LaSalle blew EVERYBODY out. So it might be more of a reflection of the conference.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-03-17, 02:18 PM
JustCallMeCoach JustCallMeCoach is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-29-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 290
JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
The better question would be why would Harrison want him?
Good question
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-03-17, 02:21 PM
Don Flamenco Don Flamenco is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-25-01
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 18,564
Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360QB View Post
Why would Lainhart be considered for the HC job at Harrison? Walnut is a gold mine? Fake News?
This. He'd be crazy to leave Walnut for Harrison. Talk about a step backwards. He could seriously turn Walnut into a powerhouse.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-03-17, 04:20 PM
Exit 29 Exit 29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-09-15
Posts: 650
Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Middletown to the SWOC is almost laughable. Middletown is nowhere near D2 and would be the largest school in the SWOC by far. As far as Talawanda leaving \, Talawanda and Ross are joined at the hip.If one leaves I'm sure the other would try to leave also. One can only hope the Edgewood administration is working hard to get in the SWBL large school league. We already play Monroe and Franklin which are the 2 best crowds every season.
I would love to see Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross all in SWBL SW Division. It would make some great Rivalries year in year out. Also, if Middletown goes anywhere i could see the GWOC as a possibility, the SWOC would be absurd.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-03-17, 06:54 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,456
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
This. He'd be crazy to leave Walnut for Harrison. Talk about a step backwards. He could seriously turn Walnut into a powerhouse.
Uh easy there cowboy."Powerhouse?" Maybe Hills should begin by being competitive in the ECC a very good D2 league.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-03-17, 08:17 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is online now
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 326
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I agree. Great, he won 4 games his year, but only won 1 ECC game this year and got DOMINATED by rest of the league. They also need the year with 6 consecutive losses. Walnut was super excited at the beginning of the year, but they beat 4 really bad teams.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-04-17, 10:38 PM
TheInsideScoop TheInsideScoop is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-04-17
Posts: 4
TheInsideScoop is on a distinguished road
Had to join to ask one simple question (then a few others), How is Lainhart even a possibility with the list of acquisitions against him for recruiting? Isn't Walnut in trouble for their online classes? I heard half the kids the transferred in going to be ineligible next year?
Who are actual candidates? Is the former OC at LS really an option? I heard a few LS staff members applied but who besides him? Is there any current staff members that would be able to take over and continue what was started? Doesn't Roden have a brother? Why hasn't he gone for a HC job or is the EC Roden really looking at this as an option? Did J.D. Vonderheide apply? Do Harrison fans even post on here or know whats going on? This seems like a nice job especially with how many new neighborhoods are popping up everywhere around the school. Or am I missing something? How is this job search going to be knocked out in like 2 weeks when Turpin, LS, and others took like a month?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-04-17, 11:05 PM
ReLoad ReLoad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-23-09
Posts: 4,531
ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
For claiming to be the inside scoop you sure ask a lot of questions
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-04-17, 11:40 PM
chopper4565 chopper4565 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-17-16
Posts: 87
chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
I counted 13 questions.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-05-17, 07:59 AM
TheInsideScoop TheInsideScoop is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-04-17
Posts: 4
TheInsideScoop is on a distinguished road
Can't a guy just create a name and ask legit questions?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-05-17, 10:42 AM
chopper4565 chopper4565 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-17-16
Posts: 87
chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Easy scooper. I was joking. I don't have the answer to the question you have. I'm a swoc parent and have many contacts at Harrison and it's pretty quiet on the coach front. I would think the DC is the front runner
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-05-17, 11:17 AM
DaPope DaPope is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-24-12
Posts: 827
DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper4565 View Post
Easy scooper. I was joking. I don't have the answer to the question you have. I'm a swoc parent and have many contacts at Harrison and it's pretty quiet on the coach front. I would think the DC is the front runner
If he applies, but does he wanna deal with the bone head AD?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-05-17, 03:46 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,456
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
If he applies, but does he wanna deal with the bone head AD?
Uh, Poper I think I can detect just a tad, that you really don't care for the Harrison AD.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-05-17, 06:40 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,012
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Isn't Meibers the AD at Harrison?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-05-17, 06:42 PM
DaPope DaPope is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-24-12
Posts: 827
DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, Poper I think I can detect just a tad, that you really don't care for the Harrison AD.
As you watch good coaches continue to walk out of a high school and the same complaint keeps coming up. They can't all be wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-06-17, 10:44 AM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 134
EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Isn't Meibers the AD at Harrison?
yes
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-06-17, 10:46 AM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 134
EXPRESS
I think the decision has already been made and opening it up for for a couple weeks is just a formality.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-06-17, 10:54 AM
EXPRESS EXPRESS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: West of I-75
Posts: 134
EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInsideScoop View Post
Had to join to ask one simple question (then a few others), How is Lainhart even a possibility with the list of acquisitions against him for recruiting? Isn't Walnut in trouble for their online classes? I heard half the kids the transferred in going to be ineligible next year?
Who are actual candidates? Is the former OC at LS really an option? I heard a few LS staff members applied but who besides him? Is there any current staff members that would be able to take over and continue what was started? Doesn't Roden have a brother? Why hasn't he gone for a HC job or is the EC Roden really looking at this as an option? Did J.D. Vonderheide apply? Do Harrison fans even post on here or know whats going on? This seems like a nice job especially with how many new neighborhoods are popping up everywhere around the school. Or am I missing something? How is this job search going to be knocked out in like 2 weeks when Turpin, LS, and others took like a month?

I have not heard anything on who has applied other than the the current DC which was in discussions when Kent was on his way out weeks ago. There are a lot of people moving to Harrison, but there's about a 3-4 yr lag on the boost of numbers at the high school. It'll be knocked out in two weeks bc they already have their guy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North Canton Hoover Coaching search unclebob Football 165 03-06-15 11:01 AM
Jackson coaching search ICHIRO Football 170 02-10-15 06:14 PM
CVCA Royals Coaching Search bigdude_222 Football 1 01-31-15 09:45 AM
Harrison Head Coach JDur45 Boys Basketball 4 05-29-14 07:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz