Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-02-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Middletown is sniffing around the SWOC........
Seriously? Wow, what would be the rational as Middletown is a charter member of the GMC. I know there were rumbles last year of the Middies looking to the GWOC but I just can't believe they are to the point where they think they no longer can compete in the GMC.

If they were to leave to go to the SWOC I guess that would pave the way for West Clermont to join the GMC?
Old 03-02-17, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Is the Harrison AD relatively new to that post?
Old 03-02-17, 11:17 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Seriously? Wow, what would be the rational as Middletown is a charter member of the GMC. I know there were rumbles last year of the Middies looking to the GWOC but I just can't believe they are to the point where they think they no longer can compete in the GMC.

If they were to leave to go to the SWOC I guess that would pave the way for West Clermont to join the GMC?
All I can say is that Middletown has discussed it. It's far from being concrete, but they do have a committee that is exploring other leagues and the SWOC is first on the list. Let's face it, Middletown is a dying town and they just don't have it anymore. Once they fall to D2, and they will, they will be a perfect fit for the SWOC.
Old 03-02-17, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
All I can say is that Middletown has discussed it. It's far from being concrete, but they do have a committee that is exploring other leagues and the SWOC is first on the list. Let's face it, Middletown is a dying town and they just don't have it anymore. Once they fall to D2, and they will, they will be a perfect fit for the SWOC.
What makes Middletown a "perfect fit" for the SWOC? It would be foolish to leave the GMC.
Old 03-02-17, 11:51 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
What makes Middletown a "perfect fit" for the SWOC? It would be foolish to leave the GMC.
Or they can go 0-10 every year?
Old 03-02-17, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Or they can go 0-10 every year?
Football is not the only sport. How about getting better instead of looking for an easy route? I think the Middie faithful would totally want to remain in the GMC.
Old 03-02-17, 12:54 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Uh Middletown to the SWOC is almost laughable. Middletown is nowhere near D2 and would be the largest school in the SWOC by far. As far as Talawanda leaving \, Talawanda and Ross are joined at the hip.If one leaves I'm sure the other would try to leave also. One can only hope the Edgewood administration is working hard to get in the SWBL large school league. We already play Monroe and Franklin which are the 2 best crowds every season.
Old 03-02-17, 07:57 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPRESS View Post
Harrison will need to replace their entire receiving core, which is going to make Frankie's job much harder this year. Silcox could be great but needs to be more committed in the off season to be able to compete outside of the weak conference. The new coach will have his work cut out for him..
Uh, this "weak" conference in 3 of the last 4 years, has had the league champion lose to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. I doubt if any other league in the state can say as much, except the GCL south or the MAC.
Old 03-03-17, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

Hopefully Harrison will hire from within. Promote the Defensive Coordinator and the rest of the staff stays in place. Coaching changes can be hard on a program.
Old 03-03-17, 09:04 AM
Junior Varsity

360QB is on a distinguished road
Why would Lainhart be considered for the HC job at Harrison? Walnut is a gold mine? Fake News?
Old 03-03-17, 09:08 AM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
The better question would be why would Harrison want him?
Old 03-03-17, 01:45 PM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, this "weak" conference in 3 of the last 4 years, has had the league champion lose to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. I doubt if any other league in the state can say as much, except the GCL south or the MAC.
That's a reflection of geography, not the quality of the conference.
Old 03-03-17, 02:00 PM
Freshman

MtH_Owls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
That's a reflection of geography, not the quality of the conference.
But of those 3 losses 2 were by a td or less (and those state champs ran through everybody else) and the one that was blowout was the year LaSalle blew EVERYBODY out. So it might be more of a reflection of the conference.
Old 03-03-17, 02:18 PM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
The better question would be why would Harrison want him?
Good question
Old 03-03-17, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360QB View Post
Why would Lainhart be considered for the HC job at Harrison? Walnut is a gold mine? Fake News?
This. He'd be crazy to leave Walnut for Harrison. Talk about a step backwards. He could seriously turn Walnut into a powerhouse.
Old 03-03-17, 04:20 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh Middletown to the SWOC is almost laughable. Middletown is nowhere near D2 and would be the largest school in the SWOC by far. As far as Talawanda leaving \, Talawanda and Ross are joined at the hip.If one leaves I'm sure the other would try to leave also. One can only hope the Edgewood administration is working hard to get in the SWBL large school league. We already play Monroe and Franklin which are the 2 best crowds every season.
I would love to see Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross all in SWBL SW Division. It would make some great Rivalries year in year out. Also, if Middletown goes anywhere i could see the GWOC as a possibility, the SWOC would be absurd.
Old 03-03-17, 06:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
This. He'd be crazy to leave Walnut for Harrison. Talk about a step backwards. He could seriously turn Walnut into a powerhouse.
Uh easy there cowboy."Powerhouse?" Maybe Hills should begin by being competitive in the ECC a very good D2 league.
Old 03-03-17, 08:17 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I agree. Great, he won 4 games his year, but only won 1 ECC game this year and got DOMINATED by rest of the league. They also need the year with 6 consecutive losses. Walnut was super excited at the beginning of the year, but they beat 4 really bad teams.
Old 03-04-17, 10:38 PM
Freshman

TheInsideScoop is on a distinguished road
Had to join to ask one simple question (then a few others), How is Lainhart even a possibility with the list of acquisitions against him for recruiting? Isn't Walnut in trouble for their online classes? I heard half the kids the transferred in going to be ineligible next year?
Who are actual candidates? Is the former OC at LS really an option? I heard a few LS staff members applied but who besides him? Is there any current staff members that would be able to take over and continue what was started? Doesn't Roden have a brother? Why hasn't he gone for a HC job or is the EC Roden really looking at this as an option? Did J.D. Vonderheide apply? Do Harrison fans even post on here or know whats going on? This seems like a nice job especially with how many new neighborhoods are popping up everywhere around the school. Or am I missing something? How is this job search going to be knocked out in like 2 weeks when Turpin, LS, and others took like a month?
Old 03-04-17, 11:05 PM
All World

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
For claiming to be the inside scoop you sure ask a lot of questions
Old 03-04-17, 11:40 PM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
I counted 13 questions.
Old 03-05-17, 07:59 AM
Freshman

TheInsideScoop is on a distinguished road
Can't a guy just create a name and ask legit questions?
Old 03-05-17, 10:42 AM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Easy scooper. I was joking. I don't have the answer to the question you have. I'm a swoc parent and have many contacts at Harrison and it's pretty quiet on the coach front. I would think the DC is the front runner
Old 03-05-17, 11:17 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper4565 View Post
Easy scooper. I was joking. I don't have the answer to the question you have. I'm a swoc parent and have many contacts at Harrison and it's pretty quiet on the coach front. I would think the DC is the front runner
If he applies, but does he wanna deal with the bone head AD?
Old 03-05-17, 03:46 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
If he applies, but does he wanna deal with the bone head AD?
Uh, Poper I think I can detect just a tad, that you really don't care for the Harrison AD.
Old 03-05-17, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Isn't Meibers the AD at Harrison?
Old 03-05-17, 06:42 PM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, Poper I think I can detect just a tad, that you really don't care for the Harrison AD.
As you watch good coaches continue to walk out of a high school and the same complaint keeps coming up. They can't all be wrong!
Old 03-06-17, 10:44 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Isn't Meibers the AD at Harrison?
yes
Old 03-06-17, 10:46 AM
All District

EXPRESS
I think the decision has already been made and opening it up for for a couple weeks is just a formality.
Old 03-06-17, 10:54 AM
All District

EXPRESS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInsideScoop View Post
Had to join to ask one simple question (then a few others), How is Lainhart even a possibility with the list of acquisitions against him for recruiting? Isn't Walnut in trouble for their online classes? I heard half the kids the transferred in going to be ineligible next year?
Who are actual candidates? Is the former OC at LS really an option? I heard a few LS staff members applied but who besides him? Is there any current staff members that would be able to take over and continue what was started? Doesn't Roden have a brother? Why hasn't he gone for a HC job or is the EC Roden really looking at this as an option? Did J.D. Vonderheide apply? Do Harrison fans even post on here or know whats going on? This seems like a nice job especially with how many new neighborhoods are popping up everywhere around the school. Or am I missing something? How is this job search going to be knocked out in like 2 weeks when Turpin, LS, and others took like a month?

I have not heard anything on who has applied other than the the current DC which was in discussions when Kent was on his way out weeks ago. There are a lot of people moving to Harrison, but there's about a 3-4 yr lag on the boost of numbers at the high school. It'll be knocked out in two weeks bc they already have their guy.