Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-08-17, 09:25 AM
Varsity

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Something else pretty telling, they all kept their ECNL teams.
So this will be interesting. You automatically assume the talent in those clubs will stay ECNL and I automatically assume the talent will go to the DA.

Neither of us know and time will tell. As I said, year 2 will be interesting.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-17, 11:14 AM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
What are you talking about? Bliss? Another soccer snob. MY POINT was the players on the '00 National team ARE mostly ECNL or discovery players. So who cares who would win a game between the two it doesn't speak to the superiority of Teir I teams over ECNL but proves my point that the ECNL platform is the best for young women soccer players today.
Old 03-08-17, 01:06 PM
Varsity

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut3 View Post
What are you talking about? Bliss? Another soccer snob. MY POINT was the players on the '00 National team ARE mostly ECNL or discovery players. So who cares who would win a game between the two it doesn't speak to the superiority of Teir I teams over ECNL but proves my point that the ECNL platform is the best for young women soccer players today.
I'd call myself an intelligence snob, but whatevs. The DA discussion is about the best platform tomorrow not today. So you have a point I guess but it's not relevant.
Old 03-08-17, 04:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
The DA is not the best for the young ladies yesterday, today or tomorrow. Nuff said! Let's take away HS memories then sell a pipe dream to the majority of them. Great!
Old 03-10-17, 09:18 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
This all goes back to the END result.

Which is to develop players to compete on the US National teams and to dominate the world in Womens soccer for all Americans.

It is very clear that the actions of the USSF is not the above !

The ECNL is established and doing just that (Fact)

WHY Start a new DA league unless it was to compete and further push the development to a new standard for all the women in the US.

The DA was not created for that reason, the politics of the USSF are the problem, they are not doing what is best for OUR Country and we need a huge house cleaning at US Soccer and get some folks in there that have a very clear vision of what needs to happen.
Old 03-10-17, 11:00 AM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
This all goes back to the END result.

Which is to develop players to compete on the US National teams and to dominate the world in Womens soccer for all Americans.

It is very clear that the actions of the USSF is not the above !

The ECNL is established and doing just that (Fact)

WHY Start a new DA league unless it was to compete and further push the development to a new standard for all the women in the US.

The DA was not created for that reason, the politics of the USSF are the problem, they are not doing what is best for OUR Country and we need a huge house cleaning at US Soccer and get some folks in there that have a very clear vision of what needs to happen.
Next Election for US Soccer President is 2018. Run, change things.
Old 03-13-17, 08:42 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
Next Election for US Soccer President is 2018. Run, change things.
I doubt that the next president of USSF is going to be stressed over whether or not the Women's DA is better than ECNL.....As has been argued in numerous posts, developing a strong national talent pipeline involves much more than whether or not high school aged players are in the ECNL, DA, or US Soccer regional leagues or the National league. One thing is certain, other countries are catching up, and if the US is not careful, the dominance that are Women's program has will come to an end.

The issue of whether or not high school soccer is right for the elite soccer players in the US has been debated for years. Some college coaches and national soccer leaders have argued that the elite players need to skip high school soccer. This is why the Boy's DA was established a few years ago, and why we now have the Girl's DA.

The argument that USSF is trying to put an end to the ECNL is ludicrous. No one is forcing anybody to play in DA. The marketplace will decide if there is a demand for girls wanting to skip high school and play high level club for 9 months out of the year. If the DA is a success it will be because it tapped into a major unmet need in Girls' soccer.

Now, if the ECNL is truly the best out there, then there's nothing to worry about. The "best" players will remain where they are, and the ECNL will continue to thrive. If kids leave the ECNL, then the ECNL has something to think about.

I suspect that there will be room for both. There is and will be a demand for full year training. So, some kids from ECNL, National, and regional leagues will join the DA. However, other kids will remain in ECNL, etc.

ECNL supporters need to stop being so insecure about their product. If it's as good as they say it is, it will continue to survive and thrive.
Old 03-13-17, 09:54 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
I doubt that the next president of USSF is going to be stressed over whether or not the Women's DA is better than ECNL.....As has been argued in numerous posts, developing a strong national talent pipeline involves much more than whether or not high school aged players are in the ECNL, DA, or US Soccer regional leagues or the National league. One thing is certain, other countries are catching up, and if the US is not careful, the dominance that are Women's program has will come to an end.

The issue of whether or not high school soccer is right for the elite soccer players in the US has been debated for years. Some college coaches and national soccer leaders have argued that the elite players need to skip high school soccer. This is why the Boy's DA was established a few years ago, and why we now have the Girl's DA.

The argument that USSF is trying to put an end to the ECNL is ludicrous. No one is forcing anybody to play in DA. The marketplace will decide if there is a demand for girls wanting to skip high school and play high level club for 9 months out of the year. If the DA is a success it will be because it tapped into a major unmet need in Girls' soccer.

Now, if the ECNL is truly the best out there, then there's nothing to worry about. The "best" players will remain where they are, and the ECNL will continue to thrive. If kids leave the ECNL, then the ECNL has something to think about.

I suspect that there will be room for both. There is and will be a demand for full year training. So, some kids from ECNL, National, and regional leagues will join the DA. However, other kids will remain in ECNL, etc.

ECNL supporters need to stop being so insecure about their product. If it's as good as they say it is, it will continue to survive and thrive.
There was no direct competition to the ECNL, as there is now with the DA. Some could argue the National League was the competition prior, but the DA is now the direct competition and is directly sanctioned by USSF and US Soccer. That's the difference. I forsee in a few years, ECNL will be a sinking ship, and being abandoned. The market will indeed dictate.
Old 03-13-17, 12:00 PM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You missed my point. Instead of complaining, do something to change what you don't think is right. The biggest thing I like about the US Youth soccer setup when it comes to leagues, is that you have to earn your place as a team. ECNL is setup for only certain clubs to be admitted, and participate. Have you ever actually looked at who runs US Club Soccer?? Here is a link: http://usclubsoccer.org/about/board-of-directors/

How about ECNL? Here is a link:
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....nl/leadership/

See the common theme?

I think they are doing a lot of things right, but not everything. It is a shame that US Club had to be started, but it certainly has made positive impacts on USYSA, which tends to happen when there is some competition.
Old 03-13-17, 12:32 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One thing is certain, other countries are catching up, and if the US is not careful, the dominance that are Women's program has will come to an end.
Other countries have already caught up and, I would posit, the USWNT's dominance has already ended.

Germany, France, Canada, England, and Japan can beat the USWNT on any given day. We've recently seen that. Australia and Sweden aren't far behind. Some of the Asian countries, in addition to Japan, are very good. North Korea, South Korea, China, the aforementioned Japan, all have very technical players and their tactical savvy is also developing. Combine technique with tactics and the result is very skilled players. A player that is technically sound isn't necessarily skilled unless the tactical comprehension is there as well. Tactics are where the US women are being exposed. Though, having said that, many fundamental skills seem to be lagging as well.
Old 03-14-17, 06:26 AM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
That might be a little bit of a stretch.

France and Germany are and have been great talented teams for years. England is rising but they are so inconsistent and always have been. Japan the best of the far East teams didn't even qualify for the Olympics.

Coaching is the common theme. Taking Lloyd and Short out of the equation as just not skilled enough, She schemes poorly, reacts worse, positions them like a rec coach and holds onto players for too long. Casey Short is not a fit. She was decent at FSU, but she's not dynamic and her Soccer IQ is questionable. Allie Long is a good player but she's not a center back. Imagine putting Lloyd as center back. What would that look like. Short has no excuse she is a defender. Long's a mid. Ellis is a joke.
Old 03-14-17, 07:09 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
That might be a little bit of a stretch.

France and Germany are and have been great talented teams for years. England is rising but they are so inconsistent and always have been. Japan the best of the far East teams didn't even qualify for the Olympics.

Coaching is the common theme. Taking Lloyd and Short out of the equation as just not skilled enough, She schemes poorly, reacts worse, positions them like a rec coach and holds onto players for too long. Casey Short is not a fit. She was decent at FSU, but she's not dynamic and her Soccer IQ is questionable. Allie Long is a good player but she's not a center back. Imagine putting Lloyd as center back. What would that look like. Short has no excuse she is a defender. Long's a mid. Ellis is a joke.
Here's the list of recent World Cup Winners:

2003 - Germany
2007 - Germany
2011 - Japan
2015 - United States

Japan won in 2011 and made it to the finals in 2015. China had a strong showing in 2015, making it to the quarter finals. Also, Ellis didn't become coach until 2014. So, she was not responsible for the US not winning in 2003, 2007, and 2011.

It's starting to look like other countries have caught up to the US. Maybe DA is not the answer. However, based on these results, I would say that something needs to change in terms of how the US develops its elite talent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: