Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-17, 05:19 PM
Popps Popps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-05-09
Posts: 846
Popps is on a distinguished road
Girls DA

From Equalizer Soccer

http://equalizersoccer.com/2017/02/2...-many-players/

Congrats to Rose!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-28-17, 06:29 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 266
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
I read that as the ECNL and High School soccer are great. while the DA has a questionable need.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-17, 10:31 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
i think everyone will read it as they want to see it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-17, 08:56 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
I read that as the ECNL and High School soccer are great. while the DA has a questionable need.
I know I have continued my rant but the DA is poison to girls soccer. It's big time money and the "soccer elites" clearly hate college and high school soccer along with the ENCL. Women's Soccer is the greatest in the WORLD and the argument could be made they are the top in all sports around the world! Men's hoops is the closet to World dominance anymore. I hope it fails miserably.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-17, 08:13 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 517
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
I know I have continued my rant but the DA is poison to girls soccer. It's big time money and the "soccer elites" clearly hate college and high school soccer along with the ENCL. Women's Soccer is the greatest in the WORLD and the argument could be made they are the top in all sports around the world! Men's hoops is the closet to World dominance anymore. I hope it fails miserably.
There are so many different goals. USWNT World Dominance, college showcases/scholarships, club exclusivity and leagues pulling players and oh yeah soccer development. The one thing I worry is getting loss is a good player experience...soccer should be a joyful experience especially for 12,13,14 year old girls.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-17, 09:36 AM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
There are so many different goals. USWNT World Dominance, college showcases/scholarships, club exclusivity and leagues pulling players and oh yeah soccer development. The one thing I worry is getting loss is a good player experience...soccer should be a joyful experience especially for 12,13,14 year old girls.
I agree. I think it is funny that somehow they think that putting these kids into this environment will all of a sudden produce world class players...none of that happens in Academies anyway...it happens inside of unique/elite athletes that choose to be better than their peers, that work tirelessly on their own, outside of the practice environment. I am afraid that all this structure may actually be detrimental to some development because they won't have the time or energy to be creative and find their own way of "developing" their creative talent. Trying to model ourselves after any other country is just wrong...we are the USA...we don't need to follow...we should be leading, and not constantly looking at other models as the right model...we need to have our own. Put soccer fields in every park, put goals under every basketball rim, get them to PLAY the game, rather than ridgidly training constantly. Go read about Dennis Bergkamp...he didn't develop at Ajax, or Inter, or Arsenal...he was there BECAUSE he was already good, and taught himself the best way to strike a ball, or touch a ball. Same is true for so many truly great footballers...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-17, 11:09 AM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 151
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8tS0ccr View Post
I agree. I think it is funny that somehow they think that putting these kids into this environment will all of a sudden produce world class players...none of that happens in Academies anyway...it happens inside of unique/elite athletes that choose to be better than their peers, that work tirelessly on their own, outside of the practice environment. I am afraid that all this structure may actually be detrimental to some development because they won't have the time or energy to be creative and find their own way of "developing" their creative talent. Trying to model ourselves after any other country is just wrong...we are the USA...we don't need to follow...we should be leading, and not constantly looking at other models as the right model...we need to have our own. Put soccer fields in every park, put goals under every basketball rim, get them to PLAY the game, rather than ridgidly training constantly. Go read about Dennis Bergkamp...he didn't develop at Ajax, or Inter, or Arsenal...he was there BECAUSE he was already good, and taught himself the best way to strike a ball, or touch a ball. Same is true for so many truly great footballers...
Time will tell whether or not the Women's DA will be successful or not. I think it's fine to give girls an alternative and let the marketplace decide if it is viable or not.

However, when we say that the US Women's program is the best in the world, that is short sighted. The reason the US Women's program is best is solely because the US encourages girls at the earliest ages to play sports like soccer; whereas in other countries, the opportunities for young girls to play sports can be limited.

It should be the responsibility of USSF to look into the future and project what the world will look like. The concern is that countries with a strong soccer heritage on the Men's side will start to encourage and allow young girls to play soccer. This is starting to happen. So, if you combine the heritage, tradition, and expert training that exists in these countries, along with encouraging young girls to play, they will catch up to and surpass the US Women's program. This is why the DA was established -- as an attempt to stay ahead of the pack.

To me, we need to have a professional women's soccer league that can pay a living wage. I would have the MLS teams form sister teams, like the NBA/WNBA have done, as well as the top clubs in Europe. Those clubs could establish youth training academies for the top female players, beginning at age 13. This way, you have the girls that are truly interested in going beyond college, playing pro, and joining the WSMNT self select into a specialized program.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-17, 09:34 AM
Ruger Ruger is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-03-13
Posts: 176
Ruger is on a distinguished road
Bottom line is this and your sentence says it all.
"It should be the responsibility of USSF to look into the future and project what the world will look like"
This has been the problem with the federation since day one in this country totally lazy !

Exactly why the ECNL league was formed the Federation was Lazy and didn't want to do anything !

The only reason they are doing this DA program is that they are forced to do so , not because they want too or think it is going to be great, But because the ECNL has become a Monster and has put the USSF in the backseat and some people at the Federation got pissed off about that end of story.

If the Federation truly wanted to develop as many US women as possible, why try to destroy the best environment ever for girls soccer "ECNL" they should Collaborate and combine the DA and the ECNL and have a super competitive platform that would pump out some Phenom’s.

Instead it has become a pissing match and the leadership of the federation needs to drastically change before any true movement forward will take place.

The leadership is stuck in the old ways and truly doesn't want it to change a lot of folks making alot of money for doing nothing !

STOP trying to overhaul all the programs and focus on the true issue The Federation Leadership Needs to GO !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-17, 10:34 AM
HSfooty1977 HSfooty1977 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-13-15
Posts: 28
HSfooty1977 is on a distinguished road
I have keep my opinion quiet while many of you have posted your thoughts over this matter. But its time to break the silence.
I do not have an issue with DA and what it represents, great for a small elite group of players.
My issue is with the organizers and coaches that are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on 15, 16, 17 year old adolescents to make life decisions over playing a sport. Lets face it, many have committed to colleges already and a extremely small percentage, less than 1% will play professional or for national team.
Support your players decisions, whatever it is. Enough with the manipulation.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-17, 11:22 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
amen footy thats what i am hearin as well
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-17, 11:34 AM
Ruger Ruger is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-03-13
Posts: 176
Ruger is on a distinguished road
Back up a Minute

The ECNL was formed to develop players and put them in front of the college coaches and they have done a great job of doing that.

The ODP was setup by the Federation to put players on the National Teams, How did that work out ?

Instead the National teams got fueled by the developed ECNL players.

Now the Federation is saying the DA will provide players to the National teams ?

IS the DA focused on putting players in College ? NO THEY ARE GOING TO PUT ONE OR TWO ON NATIONAL TEAMS THE REST GET SCREWED !

You are correct way too much pressure on these kids/parents to make a desperate decision , way Too much at a young age espeically with girls they cannot handle that much struture and they will end up doing something else or even worse regret the decision of doing the DA and then it will fail bigtime.

it is only as good as what people think it is , once that is gone it will fade away
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-17, 11:51 AM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 151
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Back up a Minute

The ECNL was formed to develop players and put them in front of the college coaches and they have done a great job of doing that.

The ODP was setup by the Federation to put players on the National Teams, How did that work out ?

Instead the National teams got fueled by the developed ECNL players.

Now the Federation is saying the DA will provide players to the National teams ?

IS the DA focused on putting players in College ? NO THEY ARE GOING TO PUT ONE OR TWO ON NATIONAL TEAMS THE REST GET SCREWED !

You are correct way too much pressure on these kids/parents to make a desperate decision , way Too much at a young age espeically with girls they cannot handle that much struture and they will end up doing something else or even worse regret the decision of doing the DA and then it will fail bigtime.

it is only as good as what people think it is , once that is gone it will fade away
In other posts, we discussed the idea of player development, and some brought up the actual player development starts before kids hit high school. I'm not going to argue the merits of ECNL versus US Soccer sponsored clubs and teams, nor am I going to argue the role of the DA vs ECNL....

Instead, I'm going to point out the USSF is more involved in soccer player development than its given credit for. First, the USSF is responsible for ensuring that all players are receiving the best age appropriate training. So, as they progress from age 3-5 to high school, they have learned the appropriate technical and tactical stuff.

The USSF accomplishes this via coaches training and certification process. The licensing program that the USSF has developed has been benchmarked against programs that are in place in Europe and Latin America to capture the best and latest learning. When you look at coaching backgrounds for the leading youth soccer clubs in the country, you'll notice that the top coaches have gone through this licensing program or comparative programs overseas. So, in this way, the USSF is playing a major role in player development.

Related to this -- the ECNL is a great accomplished league. There's no disputing this. However, I would argue that part of what makes the league great is that it is formed by taking some of the best clubs in the country and having their top teams play each other. These clubs were tops because they had a proven history of developing players at the youngest ages to be studs by the time they reached high school and could play in the ECNL. These clubs were and are following the teaching curriculum developed by the USSF.

Perhaps you are right in that USSF dropped the ball in the past, and the ECNL has a better product for high school aged players. If so, what's wrong with USSF trying to improve?

Again, time will tell if the DA is a success or not. Some girls may decide that having the opportunity to play and train for 9 months out of the year, playing against teams from around the country is a great opportunity. Maybe this will be enough. If not, the league will fold.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-17, 12:18 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
You guys kill me. Nobody dropped the ball. That statement is beyond STUPID! All about $$. Ohio South has printed it off the backs of families. How much $$ do you think those in charge have made over the years. Yeah, dropped the ball. LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-17, 12:33 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 266
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
College coaches know where the USSF stands in regards to them, and as such their recruiting trail will follow.

If the federation is committed to taking the best players they will still end up taking a bulk of ECNL and NL players. If they want just DA girls than we will have likely seen the end of US dominance and watch the women go the way of the men.

If girls want to train in soccer from September to July and just focus on the DA style of training and play, with only August off then so be it. And they say girls "can" play high school ball, but what's that dynamic look like? 1/2 the team plays high school so you're left with 9 kids to play and practice on the DA team for 3 months? You can play other sports but you can't miss any DA practices or games? Who thought those were good idea's? Still makes me laugh the article from the top us womens players that said playing multiple sports was a huge key to their success. weeks later the DA comes out and says the best path is no other sports. **Face palm**. I don't believe USSF has any idea what to do, especially after top Clubs dropped them to stay ECNL only.

They are scrambling and it hasn't even started yet.

The ECNL will still be the top league in the nation, with the NL right behind it. The DA is some weird offshoot that only those involved in really care about, like an over hyped ODP.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-17, 01:06 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-03-17, 06:29 PM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 151
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
College coaches know where the USSF stands in regards to them, and as such their recruiting trail will follow.

If the federation is committed to taking the best players they will still end up taking a bulk of ECNL and NL players. If they want just DA girls than we will have likely seen the end of US dominance and watch the women go the way of the men.

If girls want to train in soccer from September to July and just focus on the DA style of training and play, with only August off then so be it. And they say girls "can" play high school ball, but what's that dynamic look like? 1/2 the team plays high school so you're left with 9 kids to play and practice on the DA team for 3 months? You can play other sports but you can't miss any DA practices or games? Who thought those were good idea's? Still makes me laugh the article from the top us womens players that said playing multiple sports was a huge key to their success. weeks later the DA comes out and says the best path is no other sports. **Face palm**. I don't believe USSF has any idea what to do, especially after top Clubs dropped them to stay ECNL only.

They are scrambling and it hasn't even started yet.

The ECNL will still be the top league in the nation, with the NL right behind it. The DA is some weird offshoot that only those involved in really care about, like an over hyped ODP.
You are aware that the NL is a part of USSF? In fact, the USSF follows a progressive system where teams start in their state associations (in our case OSSL), get promoted to a regional league (MRL), and then the NL. Now, they want to have the DA, which would in theory take players from ECNL and the NL......
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-03-17, 06:53 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Wish the NL Champs would play the ECNL Champs. Put an end to the second tier chest pumping. Bet the ECNL wins 10 out of 10 times. NL plays too SLOW!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-03-17, 08:53 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
You are aware that the NL is a part of USSF? In fact, the USSF follows a progressive system where teams start in their state associations (in our case OSSL), get promoted to a regional league (MRL), and then the NL. Now, they want to have the DA, which would in theory take players from ECNL and the NL......
You're describing USYS. US Youth Soccer. ECNL is run buy US Club soccer.

BOTH organizations actually report to the United States Soccer Federation.


But don't tell anyone here, they won't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-17, 03:22 PM
Gr8tS0ccr Gr8tS0ccr is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-12
Posts: 77
Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Wish the NL Champs would play the ECNL Champs. Put an end to the second tier chest pumping. Bet the ECNL wins 10 out of 10 times. NL plays too SLOW!


USSF should do an open national championship for youth age groups, that isn't run by US Club or USYSA. Then the best from ecnl / national league could all play in the same competitive format.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-06-17, 08:38 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
ECNL would wipe the floor with USSF. End of story. Game Over. Move on, nothing more to see here. Next subject!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-06-17, 05:36 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
ECNL would wipe the floor with USSF. End of story. Game Over. Move on, nothing more to see here. Next subject!
Are you saying OE '00 can beat the '00 Women's National Team?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-06-17, 06:20 PM
Bucknut3 Bucknut3 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 45
Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Most of the players on our women's national team ( regardless of age) are former ECNL club players or discovery players. This question is moot.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-06-17, 07:34 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut3 View Post
Most of the players on our women's national team ( regardless of age) are former ECNL club players or discovery players. This question is moot.
Question is pertinent. It's only uncomfortable because everyone knows the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-06-17, 08:42 PM
Bucknut3 Bucknut3 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 45
Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-06-17, 08:54 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut3 View Post
You. You don't even know why the question was asked do you... Bliss huh.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-07-17, 04:45 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
I keep hearing that "Top Teams" are staying with ECNL. So I decided to do a little checking. I looked at the top 10 clubs ranked for 2016 on the ECNL website. Found something pretty telling.

2016 Overall Club Championship – Top 10

1.Slammers FC - ECNL

2.Michigan Hawks - DA

3.PDA - DA

4.FC Stars of Massachusetts - DA

5.Real Colorado - DA

6.Crossfire Premier - DA

7.Eclipse Select SC - DA

8.West Coast FC - DA

9.So Cal Blues - DA

10.Ohio Premier - ECNL


#1 and #10 are still there. And that's at inauguration. Year 2 ought to be pretty interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-08-17, 05:46 AM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 266
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Something else pretty telling, they all kept their ECNL teams.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-17, 08:28 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
is info on here purposefully deceptive or confusing or what. i appreciate the great points on here but man o man some just seems silly and baseless
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-08-17, 08:46 AM
Sports_Fan_ Sports_Fan_ is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-12-16
Posts: 77
Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
JJ Watt an NFL player had an interesting post the other day it read :

"If someone encourages your child to specialize in a single sport, that person generally does not have your child's best interest in mind"

I immediately thought of DA and not wanting players to play other sports and train throughout the year. It's money for the "soccer elites" with promises of greener pastures.

Last edited by Sports_Fan_; 03-08-17 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-08-17, 09:25 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Something else pretty telling, they all kept their ECNL teams.
So this will be interesting. You automatically assume the talent in those clubs will stay ECNL and I automatically assume the talent will go to the DA.

Neither of us know and time will tell. As I said, year 2 will be interesting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Competitive Balance Referendum Passes Yappi Football 441 09-16-16 02:16 PM
NBC dominos falling into expanded Federal League? DaveDawg Football 177 01-28-16 09:38 AM
Will the MAC sweep the lower three divisions again? BlueJayFan Football 104 12-05-15 06:55 PM
OH-WAY Girls State Sunday – March 22, 2015 OHIOWAY Wrestling 19 03-18-15 09:33 AM
Ohio HS Basketball 2014-15 Streaming Radio, TV Broadcasts jhc2010 Boys Basketball 3 02-05-15 05:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz