Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-18-17, 11:17 AM
Varsity

Johnson&Johnson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
That's kind of what I thought. Will the SBC bite the bullet and add Fremont Ross?

Nope. The idea will not get enough support to pass.

Willard has 169 boys and 218 girls. That's going to even out pretty quickly and then they will be right in the middle of the Bay Division.

Correct but it should be noted; boys count only used for football. Combined count average for all other sports.
Old 03-20-17, 09:55 AM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
I'm on board as well there will be NO WAY the SBC entertains Ross.
Old 03-20-17, 10:57 AM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
The Clay AD has stated that he wants to stay in the TRAC.

Northwood wants nothing to do with anything other than the TAAC. The Rangers and Coach James remember how painful the old SLL was to them.

The Clay AD may be a great guy in real life but he is a moron for wanting to stay in the TRAC. Watching the decline of once proud and successful Clay athletics has been sad. It will only continue in the TRAC.

Ken James and Northwood have been looking to get out of the TAAC for years. The right situation has not opened up yet for them. I think the TAAC is good for them but they think they can do bigger and better things somewhere else.
Old 03-20-17, 11:27 AM
All American

haydenfrye is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsendcustom View Post
The Clay AD may be a great guy in real life but he is a moron for wanting to stay in the TRAC. Watching the decline of once proud and successful Clay athletics has been sad. It will only continue in the TRAC.

Ken James and Northwood have been looking to get out of the TAAC for years. The right situation has not opened up yet for them. I think the TAAC is good for them but they think they can do bigger and better things somewhere else.
Clays downfall has been rough since 1983.

Northwood isn't so much thinking that they can do bigger and better things it's more along the lines of running the table in the TAAC and missing the playoffs or being blown out by whatever D6 team they cross in the playoffs
Old 03-20-17, 02:57 PM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
Clay was actually pretty good through 1994. In 1992 hey were really good losing only to a state bound Fostoria team in overtime. Winning TD was wiped off the board from a, ahem, phantom holding call.

Most years Northwood would not make the playoffs if they were in a conference like the NBC or NWOAL. Is it better to make the playoffs and lose or not make the playoffs at all. It is still exceedingly rare to miss the playoffs at 9-1 or 8-2. Even in the TAAC. One or two decent non conference wins will carry you into the playoffs with that record. What I do know, their recent history of rolling 6-4 is not going to get them in very often no matter what league they are in. Outside of the really good team they had in 2012 they are right where they should be.
Old 03-20-17, 04:01 PM
All Region

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenfrye View Post
Clays downfall has been rough since 1983.

Northwood isn't so much thinking that they can do bigger and better things it's more along the lines of running the table in the TAAC and missing the playoffs or being blown out by whatever D6 team they cross in the playoffs

Plus you have to realize too AD's think about all sports. Northwood struggles pretty badly in many of the other sports in the conference. Their basketball team would get obliterated in the NBC
Old 03-20-17, 05:56 PM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
I'm on board as well there will be NO WAY the SBC entertains Ross.
en·ter·tain ˌen(t)ərˈtān/
verb
2. give attention or consideration to (an idea, suggestion, or feeling).

Sure they have.
Old 03-21-17, 01:45 PM
All District

Oaks is on a distinguished road
Gibsonburg is leaving for the SBC in the 2018-19 season According to Jordan Strack
Old 03-21-17, 02:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
Gibsonburg is leaving for the SBC in the 2018-19 season According to Jordan Strack
Thanks for the update
Old 03-21-17, 08:56 PM
Freshman

dappling is on a distinguished road
Why is the SBC so frightened of Fremont Ross? If you look at ALL sports (which is what a principal, an AD, and a BOE should do), the schools in the Lake Division already play Ross I would guess in many of those sports and should be able to compete with Ross year in and out.

I also don't think that Ross would win the Lake division in football year in and out. This is not your father's Ross from the 1970's GBC-era.
Old 03-21-17, 11:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappling View Post
Why is the SBC so frightened of Fremont Ross? If you look at ALL sports (which is what a principal, an AD, and a BOE should do), the schools in the Lake Division already play Ross I would guess in many of those sports and should be able to compete with Ross year in and out.

I also don't think that Ross would win the Lake division in football year in and out. This is not your father's Ross from the 1970's GBC-era.
It goes back to a few years ago. Before the TRAC was formed Fremont wanted in with Columbian, Fostoria, Sandusky and the rest of the NOL. They were shot down because at the time they were a D2 and too big, that's why Ross almost joined the City League until the TRAC was formed. Samething happened to Lima Sr with the WBL. It comes down to the SBC doesn't want a D2 squad like Ross in the big school division, and chances are they would dominate that league. You're right it isn't your father's Ross team but it also isn't the old GBC your talking about.
Old 03-22-17, 09:14 AM
Freshman

dappling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It goes back to a few years ago. Before the TRAC was formed Fremont wanted in with Columbian, Fostoria, Sandusky and the rest of the NOL. They were shot down because at the time they were a D2 and too big, that's why Ross almost joined the City League until the TRAC was formed. Samething happened to Lima Sr with the WBL. It comes down to the SBC doesn't want a D2 squad like Ross in the big school division, and chances are they would dominate that league. You're right it isn't your father's Ross team but it also isn't the old GBC your talking about.
That was my point Coach Frye...I don't think that they would dominate in anything in anything consistently. The NLL makes the same argument about Ross.
Old 03-22-17, 09:36 AM
All American

Quote:
That was my point Coach Frye...I don't think that they would dominate in anything in anything consistently. The NLL makes the same argument about Ross.
The NLL has not made that arguement. The NLL doesn't want to have the travel issues of the old GLL, Napoleon to Fremont is horrible travel. If anyone in the SBC wants Ross in the league it's Sandusky and only Sandusky mainly because of the rivalry. Ross would beat up on the SBC they may have a rough time with Clyde and Bellevue but even that is questionable.
Old 03-22-17, 12:44 PM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
there wasn't "almost" to anything......Ross did join the TCL.

The more I think of it, going back to 2009 when Sandusky was accepted to the NOL, it was 2-3 schools that certainly wasn't keen on Ross joining, mainly the traditional football powers, and 2 closest schools to Ross.
Old 03-22-17, 12:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
there wasn't "almost" to anything......Ross did join the TCL.

The more I think of it, going back to 2009 when Sandusky was accepted to the NOL, it was 2-3 schools that certainly wasn't keen on Ross joining, mainly the traditional football powers, and 2 closest schools to Ross.
Ross DD join but the TRAC was formed before they ever officially did anything in the TCL.
Old 03-22-17, 09:50 PM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The NLL makes the same argument about Ross.
Never. It's all about travel time. Northview to Bowling Green is 33 minutes. Napoleon to Perrysburg is 37 minutes. Those are the extreme N to S, W to E.

Northview to Ross is 53 minutes. Napoleon to Ross is 1:08.
Old 03-22-17, 10:12 PM
All American

Ross much like Findlay, Lima Sr. and Marion Harding are big fish with nothing nearby. They had no choice but to go to the TRAC or TCL.

Honestly they are all a haul from the NLL schools. This is a day and age where distance means more than just being a big league like the GBC or tail end of the GLL