Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-28-17, 12:36 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Is Urban Meyer making the call not to move Oates inside?
LOL. I would say more Mark Dantoinio and Harlen Barnett! lol
Old 02-28-17, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
LOL. I would say more Mark Dantoinio and Harlen Barnett! lol
Sparty is trending down, heck the Bucks are too. Oates might want to go the way of Big Blue.
Old 02-28-17, 06:08 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Sparty is trending down, heck the Bucks are too. Oates might want to go the way of Big Blue.
Uh, DMR have you lost your mind? Uh Michigan? Uh I am shocked.
Old 03-01-17, 04:31 AM
All District

Man Up is on a distinguished road
well here is my two cents for 2017

QB- we have mayberry who can pass( when accurate) but is not fluid with his feet.
QB-we have prince who can run, but not a great passer. however, i like him alot because he can move the ball dual threat.
if our offense is struggling moving the ball, i hope the coaches dont wait to make a switch.

with prince, beacham, gannaway, there is too much talent and speed for us not to move the ball, we shoud be able to get the ball in these guys hands and let them go to work.

with williams in the backfield, very skilled, hard runner, explosive for his youthfulness, there should be no excuses

our offensive line will need to play big and focus on assignment football

defense-

oats, booker, chapman will/should anchor our front seven, these 3 guys will play well and make big plays,

smith will be a 3 yr starter at corner and i like him although he took too many chances last yr and got burnt a couple of times.

i really really like gamble,he has all the physical tools, good size, nice speed, and reaction time, he should be able to really help cement our secondary

yes once again we have a very tough schedule, probably top 20 schedule in state, but with our teams over the years, we should be able to compete well, we need to start off fast and get some wins early.

we once again like the past yrs have way too much divison I college football talent to not make post season, i expect us to be in the playoffs

no more excuses for our coaches nor free passes, we should be better on the field without a doubt.

and please please please, who ever calls the plays, can you be more creative and play calling and for the last time, ? maybe last time, please change the snap count often to keep defenses on their toes.

you see what happen when you did change it up, offside and a free 5 yds for us. other defenses were in our backfield quickly and often because you went on the same count play after play. really, are you kidding me.

my own motto this year is NO MORE EXCUSES, we are too good to play this bad, you call good plays, use more defensive blitz from the edge from time to time and play good fundamental and discipline football, what excuses to we have.

lets show up and show out,
im out
GO WARRIORS
Old 03-01-17, 07:40 PM
All Yappi

Man up, I think you are overestimating the Warriors personnel. We haven't had the killer personnel since the team that lost to Loveland 7-0. I think it was 2014.
Old 03-02-17, 09:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Man up, I think you are overestimating the Warriors personnel. We haven't had the killer personnel since the team that lost to Loveland 7-0. I think it was 2014.
NOT, I never said anything about killer personal, but we have very good talent and there should be no more excuses, like you are making with that statement. I know I dont need to tell you magic ron how much div l players we put out on a yearly. so what i am hearing you say is that we dont have the talent and skill players to compete this year, expecting too much.

well, thats part of the problem, no expectations and excuses for our ww program, and part of the issues over the last 5 years has been our coaches and how they prepare our young men and our discipline. I expect ww to be very good this year, we have alot of skills players returning and i dont think that alot to ask for, maybe it's about time that people start being held accountable.

im just waiting on ww posters to say, well were young, etc, etc. no enough of that, we have plenty of upperclassman that have played alot of football on the varsity level, we have soph who play important for us that will be juniors, juniors that will be seniors, etc.

i know the dominque browns of the world are not walking through the doors or the daniel cages of the world, we still have very good players period and we should expect to our program to win and make the playoffs.

NO more EXCUSES, come on Don say with me, you can do it, lol.

GO WARRIORS
Old 03-03-17, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
NOT, I never said anything about killer personal, but we have very good talent and there should be no more excuses, like you are making with that statement. I know I dont need to tell you magic ron how much div l players we put out on a yearly. so what i am hearing you say is that we dont have the talent and skill players to compete this year, expecting too much.

well, thats part of the problem, no expectations and excuses for our ww program, and part of the issues over the last 5 years has been our coaches and how they prepare our young men and our discipline. I expect ww to be very good this year, we have alot of skills players returning and i dont think that alot to ask for, maybe it's about time that people start being held accountable.

im just waiting on ww posters to say, well were young, etc, etc. no enough of that, we have plenty of upperclassman that have played alot of football on the varsity level, we have soph who play important for us that will be juniors, juniors that will be seniors, etc.

i know the dominque browns of the world are not walking through the doors or the daniel cages of the world, we still have very good players period and we should expect to our program to win and make the playoffs.

NO more EXCUSES, come on Don say with me, you can do it, lol.

GO WARRIORS
No need to get hostile. We are on the same team. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm not making excuses for anything, just sharing what I see. The difference between excuses and reasons is the emotional state of the listener. I don't make excuses, I give reasons. The coaching has been subpar and the personnel not as good as you think, especially in the oline and at QB (We do have the QB now But not the oline). I will say that we had better personnel than every team we played last season (about even with LaSalle) but not better coaching.
Old 03-03-17, 09:48 PM
All District

Quote:
No need to get hostile. We are on the same team. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'm not making excuses for anything, just sharing what I see. The difference between excuses and reasons is the emotional state of the listener. I don't make excuses, I give reasons. The coaching has been subpar and the personnel not as good as you think, especially in the oline and at QB (We do have the QB now But not the oline). I will say that we had better personnel than every team we played last season (about even with LaSalle) but not better coaching.
Not being hostile, it's all good don magic, hopefully we can have the kind of year I know we can have, it's only March, I'm sure we'll have more discussions as the season gets closer.

Go warriors
Old 03-07-17, 12:14 AM
All World

Heard from one of the assistant coaches. Here we are going back to more of a running game. That sounds good.
Old 03-07-17, 08:58 AM
All Yappi

The entire starting secondary returns but it's not a guarantee that all four would remain starters. IMO two of the returnees may not start this season's because there is some very high caliper talent .

CB. Q. Smith 5-10, 170lbs
CB. K. Gates 5-9 , 160lbs
S. W. Ficklin 5-10, 170lbs
S. G. Gamble 6-1, 175lbs

Gamble and Quinn will be 3 year starters and are dawgs. This seems to be the most poorly coached position group. I understand and like that we are aggressive but technique is lacking and penalties kill us.
Old 03-07-17, 12:47 PM
All World

Quote:
The entire starting secondary returns but it's not a guarantee that all four would remain starters. IMO two of the returnees may not start this season's because there is some very high caliper talent .

CB. Q. Smith 5-10, 170lbs
CB. K. Gates 5-9 , 160lbs
S. W. Ficklin 5-10, 170lbs
S. G. Gamble 6-1, 175lbs

Gamble and Quinn will be 3 year starters and are dawgs. This seems to be the most poorly coached position group. I understand and like that we are aggressive but technique is lacking and penalties kill us.
Gamble may play Safety
Old 03-07-17, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Gamble may play Safety
That is where I have him. He's very good.
Old 03-07-17, 01:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Gamble may play Safety
My bad, I met to say corner.
Old 03-07-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
My bad, I met to say corner.
If he's at corner who's at safety? Grace?
Old 03-07-17, 02:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Yes. Maybe. The college coaches really like Gamble, esp. at Corner. Pittsburg and Kentucky think very high of him.
Old 03-07-17, 05:49 PM
All World

Quote:
I think Gamble will be at Safety the more I think about it. He would make a bigger impact there.
Old 03-13-17, 10:27 AM
All District

Coach JDean is on a distinguished road
Slot WR/RB and Wrestler Cornell Beachem just placed 3rd in the D1 State Wrestling Tournament!!!! He would be a great fit at Safety, running around knocking heads off, Ronnie Lott style!
WW has one of the best Head Coaches in the city and Coach Parker knows his personnel best so I'm sure he'll do what's best for the team. Whether they run the triple option, power run game, or spread it out and throw all over I'm sure they are going to do well. The talent is definitely there and they will be really dangerous if they can find some more tough lineman.
I would love to see more Football players on the Mat Wrestling next season. The Wrestling team is really in need of some more guys between the weights of 140-180 pounds! Go Warriors!!!
Old 03-16-17, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes. Maybe. The college coaches really like Gamble, esp. at Corner. Pittsburg and Kentucky think very high of him.
Hearing the DB Gianni Gamble offered by Kent and Pitt. Can anyone verify?
Old 03-18-17, 12:18 PM
Junior Varsity

wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There are a few bodies that will be fighting for time at LB.

OLB Chris Oates 6'4" 215LBs
ILB Markief White 6'1" 210LBs
ILB
OLB Evan Blackwell 6'2" 215LBs

Some players might be shuffled around. White could end up outside. And I think there is a Sophomore to be that could end up at the other inside. Or Oates could end up inside.Coach Parker and Coach Wilson probably already have an idea which way to go with this group.
The other ILB could be a kid named Jallen, dont know his last name. He would be a junior,he is Bout 5'9" 190. He's alot like the Wallace kid that played ILb last year.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-17, 01:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout4life View Post
yep
08/25 HClayton Northmont
09/01 ACincinnati West Clermont
09/08 ASpringboro
09/16 HRoyal Imperial Collegiate (ON)
09/22 ACincinnati La Salle
09/29 AIndianapolis Bishop Chatard (IN)
10/06 ACanton Central Catholic
10/13 HCincinnati Elder
10/20 AColumbus St. Francis DeSales
10/27 HCincinnati Archbishop Moeller
Another tuff schedule, I see all the local Schools MTH,Harrison,Ross,Lakota E,Lakota W,Colerain,Northwest,Fairfield,Middletown and Princeton are still scared to play WW. In 2018 some of these schools will not be able to run and hide any more. If WW gets voted into 1 of the 2 leauges they are applying for.

Old 03-18-17, 01:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
I'm surprised there is no return game with Jackson and Akron St.Mary. The schedule is a beast next year Moeller at the end of the year is worrisome. The O-Line has been suspect for many years from jumping offside to the inability to pick up a block, hopefully they put it together this year.
The OLine is the bigggest key to this puzzle,and has been for the longest! You cant win without winning up front.

Old 03-18-17, 05:09 PM
All World

WW needs to maybe run the ball a little more. With the nice running backs and slots we have. Our defense has been solid over the years. Our QB very skilled but doesn't make good decisions. Nice kid but you can 't throw pick 6's.
Old 03-18-17, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
The other ILB could be a kid named Jallen, dont know his last name. He would be a junior,he is Bout 5'9" 190. He's alot like the Wallace kid that played ILb last year.

Jalen Engleman
Old 03-18-17, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
WW needs to maybe run the ball a little more. With the nice running backs and slots we have. Our defense has been solid over the years. Our QB very skilled but doesn't make good decisions. Nice kid but you can 't throw pick 6's.
QB has to be coached up and learn to make good decisions. This will be his 3rd year starting. We should be able to pass for at least 1000 yards next season.
Old 03-19-17, 12:07 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
Another tuff schedule, I see all the local Schools MTH,Harrison,Ross,Lakota E,Lakota W,Colerain,Northwest,Fairfield,Middletown and Princeton are still scared to play WW. In 2018 some of these schools will not be able to run and hide any more. If WW gets voted into 1 of the 2 leauges they are applying for.

WW won't be getting voted into the SWOC or the east side league anytime soon.
Colerain Is not scared. Actually, Coach Andre Parker and Coach Bolden talk about playing every year but Colerain only has 3 open dates to fill.
Old 03-19-17, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
WW won't be getting voted into the SWOC or the east side league anytime soon.
Colerain Is not scared. Actually, Coach Andre Parker and Coach Bolden talk about playing every year but Colerain only has 3 open dates to fill.
Don't need to talk about playing every year, just talk about a home and home series. I think that Colerain is now down to two non league dates.
Old 03-19-17, 02:08 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Heard from one of the assistant coaches. Here we are going back to more of a running game. That sounds good.
If we are running the ball more it only makes since to put Prince at QB. The 2 position groups that have been a weak link that last few years are the secondary and the O-Line. hopefully one if not both position groups turn the corner.
Old 03-19-17, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If we are running the ball more it only makes since to put Prince at QB. The 2 position groups that have been a weak link that last few years are the secondary and the O-Line. hopefully one if not both position groups turn the corner.
No way put Prince at QB. That would be a disservice to that young man. Mayberry is a fine runner and much bigger than Prince. Prince is an explosive athlete and filled in nice last season but he is not a QB.
Old 03-19-17, 08:06 PM
All World

Quote:
I'm hearing that Prince may have a package at QB. He is a playmaker. He stepped BIG time last year playing as a 10th grader.
Old 03-20-17, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm hearing that Prince may have a package at QB. He is a playmaker. He stepped BIG time last year playing as a 10th grader.
A wildcat package for him would definitely work.