Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-17, 11:51 AM
Football fan34 Football fan34 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-17-17
Posts: 1
Football fan34 is on a distinguished road
Blanchester 2017

A lot of changes from the schedule. how do you think they'll do?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-18-17, 06:22 PM
PeterDragon PeterDragon is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 129
PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
8-2. Get blown out in the playoffs like last year. SBC football is weak.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-19-17, 10:37 AM
WISHBONE14 WISHBONE14 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: clarksville ohio
Posts: 213
WISHBONE14 is on a distinguished road
replacing greene will be tough....who replaces him? guessing 7-3 for now......
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-17, 12:27 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,672
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Where can you find the schedule?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-17, 07:09 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Summer Hiatus
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 19,200
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
Blanchester 2017
8/25 A Washington Court House Washington
9/1 H Cincinnati Mariemont
9/8 H Waynesville
9/15 A Wilmington
9/22 A Goshen
9/29 H Bethel-Tate
10/6 A Williamsburg
10/13 H Batavia Clermont Northeastern
10/20 A Fayetteville
10/27 H Lees Creek East Clinton
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-17, 05:18 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Blanchester 2017
8/25 A Washington Court House Washington
9/1 H Cincinnati Mariemont
9/8 H Waynesville
9/15 A Wilmington
9/22 A Goshen
9/29 H Bethel-Tate
10/6 A Williamsburg
10/13 H Batavia Clermont Northeastern
10/20 A Fayetteville
10/27 H Lees Creek East Clinton
Blan loses 3 or 4. No playoffs. Goshen, Wilmington and Mariemont will destroy them, the questionable games are WCH and BT, could drop them both... Waynesville should be better too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-17, 07:29 AM
indianfan2016 indianfan2016 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 35
indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
Waynesville has to be better, they were as bad as they have ever been last year. I'm not sure about Goshen and Mariemont destroying Blan. They may beat them but I don't know about destroy. I am interested to see the Wilmington game, will the Blanchester kids rally like they did against Massie last year or do they lay down against a bigger school?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-17, 07:52 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan2016 View Post
Waynesville has to be better, they were as bad as they have ever been last year. I'm not sure about Goshen and Mariemont destroying Blan. They may beat them but I don't know about destroy. I am interested to see the Wilmington game, will the Blanchester kids rally like they did against Massie last year or do they lay down against a bigger school?
How Blanchester rallied against Massie, I'll never know. Goshen embarrassed them last season. It was 37-8 unit their QB bolted for a long TD against Goshen's JVs. I don't see anything changing in that matchup. Blan lost a lot and Goshen returns almost their entire team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-17, 09:07 AM
indianfan2016 indianfan2016 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 35
indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
In reality Goshen should destroy them being a DIII against a DV but Goshen seems to be up and down lately. A strong season or two followed by a down year or two. Blan's playoff hopes may come down to whether their side of the conference can win non-conference games. There have been teams slide into the playoffs at 5-5 in Region 20.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-17, 11:04 AM
20yearcoach 20yearcoach is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-26-14
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 141
20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
The last 4 games should all be wins. Getting through through the first half of the schedule will be the tough part. I see them possibly going 4-2 out of those first 6 games if things go their way.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-22-17, 11:22 AM
indianfan2016 indianfan2016 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 35
indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
4-2 would be a great start with that schedule. They could just as easily be 2-4 or 1-5. Court House is a toss up, Mariemont is a tough game, Waynesville is a W, Wilmington is a tough game, Goshen is a rivalry game so they may be able to steal one (not likely, but possible), and BT is a toss up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-17, 11:49 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan2016 View Post
In reality Goshen should destroy them being a DIII against a DV but Goshen seems to be up and down lately. A strong season or two followed by a down year or two. Blan's playoff hopes may come down to whether their side of the conference can win non-conference games. There have been teams slide into the playoffs at 5-5 in Region 20.
True. I'd like to see Goshen get a run of consistency. They are now in their 4th year (I think) with this coaching staff and they seem to be headed in the right direction. They have a strong senior class coming up and they should be able to be somewhere above .500 with a favorable schedule. Holy Cross (D5), Hillsboro (D3), Blanchester (D5), Norwood (D3), Williamsburg (D6), Batavia (D4) and Western Brown (D3) should all be wins for the Warriors if they're healthy. Massie, Wilmington and New Richmond are the question marks and rightfully so, they have been winning and Goshen hasn't. If Goshen can take just one of those 3 teams, they can be a playoff possibility (assuming they win the rest).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-17, 12:57 PM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 10
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Goshen

Goshen has not consistently won since 2007-2009 when they were in the playoffs under Slagle and Inabnit. Back then they were tough and ranked number one in the region in 2009 and number four in 2007.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-17, 03:22 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
Goshen has not consistently won since 2007-2009 when they were in the playoffs under Slagle and Inabnit. Back then they were tough and ranked number one in the region in 2009 and number four in 2007.
Again, True but I think the program is headed in the right direction now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-17, 06:56 AM
indianfan2016 indianfan2016 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 35
indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
What does Blan return up front? With those first 6 games, that will determine their success early.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-23-17, 11:35 AM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 10
quake591 is on a distinguished road
I agree Off_Tackle08 that the program is headed in the right direction. I coached on those staffs as defensive coordinator from 2007-2009. The difference is that most of the coaches on staff from the late 2000's were also teachers. We were very hands on with the kids and they new we cared about them and they played hard for us. Love those kids!!!! I heard the new coach is having a hard time finding committed coaches that will put in the time to let the kids know you care. Love is not spelled L O V E it is spelled TIME. The demographics you are dealing with at Goshen are far different from other schools.l
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-17, 12:36 PM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake591 View Post
I agree Off_Tackle08 that the program is headed in the right direction. I coached on those staffs as defensive coordinator from 2007-2009. The difference is that most of the coaches on staff from the late 2000's were also teachers. We were very hands on with the kids and they new we cared about them and they played hard for us. Love those kids!!!! I heard the new coach is having a hard time finding committed coaches that will put in the time to let the kids know you care. Love is not spelled L O V E it is spelled TIME. The demographics you are dealing with at Goshen are far different from other schools.l
From what I know about the composition of the current staff, they are slowly adding committed coaches. The core of the staff has been together for 3 years now and they added a great coach in Shane Elkin. There have only been 2 guys in the last 3 years who weren't up to par.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-17, 01:46 PM
quake591 quake591 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 10
quake591 is on a distinguished road
Good to hear still have a great deal of love for that Community. I am a head coach now in northwest Ohio and i had 11 kids off of our 2009 playoff team come out and talk to my players and support me before a game. Great people and I wish them nothing but good things.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-23-17, 08:34 PM
BuckeyeFB BuckeyeFB is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-16-15
Posts: 33
BuckeyeFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearcoach View Post
The last 4 games should all be wins. Getting through through the first half of the schedule will be the tough part. I see them possibly going 4-2 out of those first 6 games if things go their way.
The National division should come down to East Clinton @ Blanchester in week 10. The Astros may surprise some people!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-23-17, 09:23 PM
CMorris_99 CMorris_99 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-19-09
Posts: 192
CMorris_99 is on a distinguished road
Astros!!!! Doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-24-17, 02:32 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFB View Post
The National division should come down to East Clinton @ Blanchester in week 10. The Astros may surprise some people!
I'll take Bethel long before EC. Especially if the rumor that the QB from WB moved there in the offseason.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-24-17, 05:46 AM
bulldog5704 bulldog5704 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-28-04
Location: Bethel,OH
Posts: 843
bulldog5704
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I'll take Bethel long before EC. Especially if the rumor that the QB from WB moved there in the offseason.
He did...was an open enroll at wb living in bethel.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-24-17, 06:41 AM
indianfan2016 indianfan2016 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 35
indianfan2016 is on a distinguished road
What will Williamsburg have back? Is it a 3 team race with Bethel Tate, Blanchester and Williamsburg? What about Fayetteville? I imagine CNE and EC will struggle.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-24-17, 07:34 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfan2016 View Post
What will Williamsburg have back? Is it a 3 team race with Bethel Tate, Blanchester and Williamsburg? What about Fayetteville? I imagine CNE and EC will struggle.
I would say the league finishes as follows:

Blanchester
Bethel Tate
Fayetteville
East Clinton
CNE
Williamsburg

Burg (unless they've recruited some more boys out of the halls) will struggle. CNE has some strong classes coming up and I hear the coach is finally getting some guys to commit to offseason lifting.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-24-17, 09:42 AM
BuckeyeFB BuckeyeFB is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-16-15
Posts: 33
BuckeyeFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
He did...was an open enroll at wb living in bethel.
Then he should sit the first five games correct?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-24-17, 10:24 AM
gobucks93 gobucks93 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-10-08
Posts: 543
gobucks93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
He did...was an open enroll at wb living in bethel.
Where does last yrs qb play ? Does he move to receiver ? Hmmmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-24-17, 03:17 PM
bulldog5704 bulldog5704 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-28-04
Location: Bethel,OH
Posts: 843
bulldog5704
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFB View Post
Then he should sit the first five games correct?
Don't believe so...if it was the other way around he would...could also be completely wrong lol
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-26-17, 08:09 AM
Off_Tackle08 Off_Tackle08 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-01-14
Posts: 893
Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFB View Post
Then he should sit the first five games correct?
I don't think so. I think you get a chance to move back if you're open enroll. I could be wrong on that though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 232 06-24-17 02:40 PM
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 57 03-20-17 09:41 AM
Historic Dodgertown Youth Baseball Tournaments 2017 hdodgertown Baseball 0 09-14-16 01:20 PM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz