Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-27-17, 09:27 AM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Here's what I have seen -- a kid played for a local club team. The player was good and wanted to play for one of the top ACC schools. The kid went to an ID camp for one of the schools. The coaching staff liked what they saw. However, they told the kid that they would not be able to see her play because they only looked at top ECNL and/or National League teams. Therefore, if she wanted to have a chance at being considered for a spot on this particular ACC team, she would need to move. The player moved to a National League team and ended up signing with an ACC school.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-17, 12:53 PM
All District

outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Anybody watch any games at the OE showcase over the weekend? I went down to Riverside to watch a couple of games yesterday. The OE U17 ECNL team is still as good as ever but I thought the U15 team was underwhelming, at least on this day. Saw about 15 minutes of a CUSA team as I was packing up and talking to people and they were surprisingly decent.

Also, don't know why but it really bothered me that the OE staff was eating a pizza on the bench during the U15 game. Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but it just seemed very unprofessional.
Old 02-27-17, 01:59 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Saw the U18 OE ECNL vs. Cup Gold game Friday night. U18 CUP Gold vs. Michigan Burn Sat, as well as U18 Michigan Hawks 2nd team play TFA elite. Sat was some cold soccer watching...and U18 OE ECNL vs. Michigan Burn Sunday.

Went about as I expected, the TFA team was probably slightly less organized in their play than I expected for some reason.
Old 02-27-17, 02:04 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
Anybody watch any games at the OE showcase over the weekend? I went down to Riverside to watch a couple of games yesterday. The OE U17 ECNL team is still as good as ever but I thought the U15 team was underwhelming, at least on this day. Saw about 15 minutes of a CUSA team as I was packing up and talking to people and they were surprisingly decent.

Also, don't know why but it really bothered me that the OE staff was eating a pizza on the bench during the U15 game. Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but it just seemed very unprofessional.
Watched a couple at Riverside. Heard some dads from from Michigan Burn (01/MRL Prem 1) talking about how they were surprised how they lost to the OE (01's), based on their poor Gotsoccer ranking. One of the daughters interrupted, and said, "It's because they're ECNL daaaad" in that daughter tone.

Wanted to see the TFA 01's (Ntl League) but didn't get a chance. Overall saw about 6 games various age groups.
Old 02-27-17, 02:32 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Saw the U18 OE ECNL vs. Cup Gold game Friday night. U18 CUP Gold vs. Michigan Burn Sat, as well as U18 Michigan Hawks 2nd team play TFA elite. Sat was some cold soccer watching...and U18 OE ECNL vs. Michigan Burn Sunday.

Went about as I expected, the TFA team was probably slightly less organized in their play than I expected for some reason.
So what were you expecting from the OE vs CUP Gold match?
Old 02-27-17, 02:44 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Im not surprised honestly.
Old 02-27-17, 02:46 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
I expected a good fight from two well built teams both with some nerves. And that the coach that adjusted best would win. I'm sure OE missed Abby Mac, but injuries are the name of the game.

Gold had issues finding ways to score both games that I saw (and I heard they didn't score again on Sunday either) but defended overall pretty well.

Friday night was awesome weather, Sunday was tolerable, Saturday was awful. Felt bad for the girls. That Hawks team is solid. I can't imagine what their ECNL team looks like. They have a mid and an left outside back that were brilliant.
Old 02-27-17, 02:54 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
I would have enjoyed seeing CUP Blacks VS Michigan from the U19 Vapor Division that ended in a 2-2 draw.
Old 02-28-17, 06:07 PM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Quote:

A few years back i was at a U-18 women's game and the 2 Coach's weren't happy with their team so they decided to order a pizza and pop and pretended that the game didn't mean anything since the players weren't playing up to par.
I've also seen the same 2 Coach's hold up newspaper as if they were they weren't interested in Coaching the game since the play wasn't any good.
One Coach went as far as bringing his kids little bench and showing his player(s) where he wanted them to sit on the field since they weren't moving.

Every Coach has their own style and these to Coach's were very successful getting their players attention and teaching them a few lessons along the way. The parents loved it!
Sarcasm goes a long way.....!
Old 02-28-17, 06:16 PM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
I would have enjoyed seeing CUP Blacks VS Michigan from the U19 Vapor Division that ended in a 2-2 draw.
OE Showcase is the perfect time to take on the ECNL. Was CUP able to dominate their divisions? Were they able to request their matchups with OE? Did OE avoid them? What were the results??
Old 02-28-17, 06:28 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
OE Showcase is the perfect time to take on the ECNL. Was CUP able to dominate their divisions? Were they able to request their matchups with OE? Did OE avoid them? What were the results??
Only CUP teams to make it were in U18/19 and U17

CUP U19 went a collective 1W-3T-5L including Gold's a 1-0 Loss to OE
CUP U17 (Black) 1W-2L

Was disappointed TFA 01 National league wasn't put in the same group as OE ECNL 01's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: