Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-15-17, 07:17 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig93 View Post
Yes .. We the fine people of Massillon feel Coach Cupps has accomplished all his goals here as our DC. It is time for him to get out from behind Coach Moore's shadow and become a HC. I hear he is a fine educator also. Take a chance. Please!!
This has to be sarcasm again. Cupps rode Trey Depriest at Springfield into a head coaching job at Marion Harding and buried the program into an even deeper hole then it was in. Literally the program hit rock bottom when he was there. And that was with a D1 running back who is now at Louisville. Cupps is a joke.

The same guys who applied for every job in Cincinnati this offseason will be on this one - Pflug, Beauchamp, Scholz, etc. Who knows if they will get interviews or not. Chenault was the runner up last time for the job with McLaughlin. There are also teachers on campus who would like a shot at the job. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.
Old 02-15-17, 09:15 AM
All District

The Matic is on a distinguished road
This is a great job. Great salary, great teaching schedule, best public school league in the state, game changing athletes every year, new facilities.... They need to search far and wide, then get a big time coach. Not sure it comes from Cincy or needs to I should say.
Old 02-15-17, 08:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtH_Owls View Post
There is no chance Arv leaves Mt. Healthy this year and if you think there is you do not know the man. He wants that SWOC title back.
GMC > SWOC

Crouch was really close to taking the Middletown job last year. If not for a total rebuild and some of the higher ups being incompetent there, he'd probably be there today. So, you're saying there's no chance, but if Princeton calls he's not going to entertain the idea? It's a reboot, not a total rebuild and as the poster mentioned above, the job has just about everything a head coach would want. Let's see how it plays out.
Old 02-16-17, 07:41 AM
All District

Hornetfan16 is on a distinguished road
Princeton needs to get their numbers up. They've been losing kids to other area districts for a while. These days kids just aren't interested in playing anymore. Their too busy on their phones and crap like that. No wonder high school football participation is at an all time low. Things aren't like they used to be. As everyone knows every school will have a few kids who can't keep their head out their you know what such as Middletown. I'm a Monroe fan. I'm not trying to bash Princeton but it's just common place now. Over the years in Hornet country we've had kids get into trouble smoking pot, drinking at parties, dipping, hazing etc. Kids don't have the positive approach these days. Sad to see but that's the way it is.
Old 02-16-17, 08:40 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetfan16 View Post
Princeton needs to get their numbers up. They've been losing kids to other area districts for a while. These days kids just aren't interested in playing anymore. Their too busy on their phones and crap like that. No wonder high school football participation is at an all time low. Things aren't like they used to be. As everyone knows every school will have a few kids who can't keep their head out their you know what such as Middletown. I'm a Monroe fan. I'm not trying to bash Princeton but it's just common place now. Over the years in Hornet country we've had kids get into trouble smoking pot, drinking at parties, dipping, hazing etc. Kids don't have the positive approach these days. Sad to see but that's the way it is.
drugs are not the issues at princeton im sure its there like every other school but not as big as everyone thinks . numbers are down because its a land lock district / older community . they have 2 feeder football programs the lil vikes which seems to be doing good and the sharonville eagles whos numbers are way down.
Old 02-16-17, 01:19 PM
Freshman

FootballBuff73 is on a distinguished road
Princeton Rebuild

Drugs are not the problem, in fact Drugs were easily as prevalent during the time of their success as they are now. The reality is that Princeton had a great climate change this past season. If they can get someone in there with the right mind set, they will become a perennial powerhouse in the GMC once again. They have shown a true glimpse of glory this past season. If they can find a coach who can build and maintain a culture and climate within the building they will be wildly successful. They have always had fantastic athletes, and they have strong community support.

It's a big decision for them right now because I believe they are at a turning point, the direction that they turn probably will be solely on who they hire to pick up the reigns and continue on.
Old 02-16-17, 09:19 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
drugs are not the issues at princeton im sure its there like every other school but not as big as everyone thinks . numbers are down because its a land lock district / older community . they have 2 feeder football programs the lil vikes which seems to be doing good and the sharonville eagles whos numbers are way down.
I tend to agree with HornetFan. Those kids from Lincoln Heights don't play anymore. Or even Woodlawn.
Old 02-17-17, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBuff73 View Post
Drugs are not the problem, in fact Drugs were easily as prevalent during the time of their success as they are now. The reality is that Princeton had a great climate change this past season. If they can get someone in there with the right mind set, they will become a perennial powerhouse in the GMC once again. They have shown a true glimpse of glory this past season. If they can find a coach who can build and maintain a culture and climate within the building they will be wildly successful. They have always had fantastic athletes, and they have strong community support.

It's a big decision for them right now because I believe they are at a turning point, the direction that they turn probably will be solely on who they hire to pick up the reigns and continue on.
A strong Princeton means a strong GMC. As a die-hard Colerain fan, I sincerely hope the district finds the right candidate and Princeton can continue to improve and be a formidable force in the city and eventually, at the state level.

-CardinalsFan
Old 02-20-17, 10:45 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I tend to agree with HornetFan. Those kids from Lincoln Heights don't play anymore. Or even Woodlawn.
Or do they play somewhere else .
Old 02-20-17, 05:28 PM
All District

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Maybe Andre Parker looks at the job, as the seat is getting warmer on Kemper Road. If so I wish Crouch would go to WW. He would have one a state title with the kids they had there over the last 3-4 years.
Old 02-21-17, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
Maybe Andre Parker looks at the job, as the seat is getting warmer on Kemper Road. If so I wish Crouch would go to WW. He would have one a state title with the kids they had there over the last 3-4 years.
The seat keeps getting "warmer" on Coach Parker, which is not the case. The superintendent is 150% behind Coach Parker. Arvie Crouch is not the least bit interested in stepping up into a bigger job. He would rather be the big fish in a small pond.
Old 02-21-17, 08:49 AM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Arvie Crouch is not the least bit interested in stepping up into a bigger job. He would rather be the big fish in a small pond.
That's why he has actively and aggressively pursued every GMC opening? 🤔
Old 02-21-17, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
That's why he has actively and aggressively pursued every GMC opening? 🤔
He really didn't. Just used those openings for leverage at his current job. Hamilton, Fairfield, Middletown. He really wasn't trying to step up, just throwing out some ridiculous expectations. Let's just see what if he applied for Princeton and what happens. I think Princeton is currently the best job in Cincinnati. You'll be hard pressed to find a better one. I think it was a risky financial move for the Princeton coach to leave for LaSalle.
Old 02-21-17, 03:05 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The seat keeps getting "warmer" on Coach Parker, which is not the case. The superintendent is 150% behind Coach Parker. Arvie Crouch is not the least bit interested in stepping up into a bigger job. He would rather be the big fish in a small pond.
As someone who likely knows Crouch better than anyone on this thread, I can assure you that if the powers that be at Princeton reach out to him, he will entertain the chance to go to Princeton. I too think that Princeton is the best job out there right now. I think it has great potential to get better and start competing in the GMC again. They need to hire someone who has a proven track record of dealing with Princeton type kids and has a track record of staying and building a program. I think Princeton has a number of good assistants that would love working for Crouch.

As far as Coach Parker on the "warmer", I agree with you. It appears WW is more interested in building "rowing" teams and lacrosse teams than whats happening to their football program year in and out.
Old 02-21-17, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinlewis08 View Post
As someone who likely knows Crouch better than anyone on this thread, I can assure you that if the powers that be at Princeton reach out to him, he will entertain the chance to go to Princeton. I too think that Princeton is the best job out there right now. I think it has great potential to get better and start competing in the GMC again. They need to hire someone who has a proven track record of dealing with Princeton type kids and has a track record of staying and building a program. I think Princeton has a number of good assistants that would love working for Crouch.

As far as Coach Parker on the "warmer", I agree with you. It appears WW is more interested in building "rowing" teams and lacrosse teams than whats happening to their football program year in and out.
You are right. But the biggest issue is the construction of all new school buildings in the district. That along with the additional sports that have been added.
And Coach Crouch seems to always be "entertaining" jobs and he isn't getting any younger. He's on the downhill side to retirement. He's playing around and I would be shocked if he leaves Mt. Healthy.
Old 02-21-17, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:

Uh, come on Marv."Rowing and Lacrosse?" Really? Princeton is way smaller than every other team in the GMC. Colerain has figured out how to compete with schools with twice their enrollment.Not sure Princeton is there yet.
Old 02-21-17, 07:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, come on Marv."Rowing and Lacrosse?" Really? Princeton is way smaller than every other team in the GMC. Colerain has figured out how to compete with schools with twice their enrollment.Not sure Princeton is there yet.
Yes. WW has rowing and Lacrosse now. It's killing me.
Old 02-21-17, 08:49 PM
Varsity

11080ChesterRoad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because those are the kids in the district doing drugs?

Having a strong base of Lincoln Heights and Woodlawn kids = a strong Princeton athletics program. Major reason why the school is dead now.
Old 02-22-17, 08:42 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are right. But the biggest issue is the construction of all new school buildings in the district. That along with the additional sports that have been added.
And Coach Crouch seems to always be "entertaining" jobs and he isn't getting any younger. He's on the downhill side to retirement. He's playing around and I would be shocked if he leaves Mt. Healthy.
Arv is still in his 40s and has more energy than most dudes half his age. The truth is he wanted the Middletown job and he wants to coach in the GMC. It just didn't work out financially. Regardless of division/conference anyone who knows anything about the world of education knows it's tough to go from Hamilton Co to Butler Co because of the disparity in teacher/admin pay. I think Princeton could make a serious push for him if they choose to do so. Don't be so salty with Coach Crouch because he is 1-0 against your beloved Warriors
Old 02-22-17, 10:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Arv is still in his 40s and has more energy than most dudes half his age. The truth is he wanted the Middletown job and he wants to coach in the GMC. It just didn't work out financially. Regardless of division/conference anyone who knows anything about the world of education knows it's tough to go from Hamilton Co to Butler Co because of the disparity in teacher/admin pay. I think Princeton could make a serious push for him if they choose to do so. Don't be so salty with Coach Crouch because he is 1-0 against your beloved Warriors
LOL. we are a little salty. But because Crouch doesn't want to play WW in a home and home series!
Old 02-22-17, 11:14 AM
All District

Quote:
LOL. we are a little salty. But because Crouch doesn't want to play WW in a home and home series!
Can you blame him? WW is littered with Mount Healthy kids, including one of the best corners in the state. Why on earth would he play?
Old 02-22-17, 11:49 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
Can you blame him? WW is littered with Mount Healthy kids, including one of the best corners in the state. Why on earth would he play?
Littered? Bad choice of words. WW has lost kids to Mt. Healthy also.
Old 02-22-17, 12:21 PM
All District

Isn't Winton Woods joining the same league as Mt Healthy in the next couple of years.
Old 02-22-17, 12:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
What kid would that be. Winton Woods corners struggled last year, eventhough they were pretty young.
Old 02-22-17, 01:11 PM
All World

Quote:
What kid would that be. Winton Woods corners struggled last year, eventhough they were pretty young.
overall the secondary was young. But not all the corners struggled. The Quinn Smith kid was very good. The safeties struggled at times last year.
Old 02-22-17, 01:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Isn't Winton Woods joining the same league as Mt Healthy in the next couple of years.
No. Not true. If they wanted WW to be in the league, they would have asked the first time
Old 02-22-17, 03:18 PM
All American

Daddy
Back on topic:

Beyond Crouch and Parker, who else will Princeton reach out to?
Old 02-22-17, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes. 2018
Old 02-22-17, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
overall the secondary was young. But not all the corners struggled. The Quinn Smith kid was very good. The safeties struggled at times last year.
Gianni Gamble didn't struggle at Safety in the least bit. Just missed a couple of games because he gave himself a concussion. He's going to be a beast next season.
Old 02-22-17, 06:18 PM
All Ohio

GCLFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes. 2018
No the SWOC has not voted to add an 8th school and doesn't appear to be anytime soon.