Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-17, 03:59 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
What does Princeton do now??

McLaughlin was on his way to turning the Viking program around. Now, with his leaving for LaSalle where does this leave the program and any ideas as to the next coach. Was this completely unexpected??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-17, 04:48 PM
All World

Peterson is on a distinguished road
First Jerrell white. Then Thayer Munford. Now McLaughlin. All leave Princeton for La Salle.

Once.
Twice.
Three times a lady.

Last edited by Peterson; 02-10-17 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-10-17, 05:44 PM
Varsity

RUKidding is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
First Jerrell white. Then Thayer Munford. Now McLaughlin.

Once.
Twice.
Three times a lady.
I cant think of a better coach for the job. Masons Brian Castner.. Perfect fit for him and his win at all costs mentality.
Old 02-10-17, 06:02 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
First Jerrell white. Then Thayer Munford. Now McLaughlin.

Once.
Twice.
Three times a lady.
Nate Moore? Bring it full circle?
Old 02-11-17, 08:12 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
they will stay in house from what i hear.
Old 02-11-17, 09:41 AM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
they will stay in house from what i hear.
Princeton is a mess. SMH
Old 02-11-17, 09:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
McLaughlin was on his way to turning the Viking program around. Now, with his leaving for LaSalle where does this leave the program and any ideas as to the next coach. Was this completely unexpected??
Things were improving before McLaughlin got there. There was a significant improvement with the scope of the program.
Old 02-11-17, 09:51 AM
All Region

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
Nate Moore? Bring it full circle?
You wish
Old 02-11-17, 10:13 AM
All World

If he applies; Jeremy Pflug from Aiken would be a great fit. The guy turned it around at Aiken and got them to the playoff's and the roster up to 50 plus kids. Not to mention he lives in the Glendale community. This could be a destination job for him in my opinion. Take a flier on this guy Princeton.
Old 02-11-17, 10:29 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Well Plug should be prepared to interview, he's been all around the city this offseason

If I'm Princeton I make a hard push for an Arvie Crouch type coach. Someone like that who has had consistent success at a similar school AND has proven he's willing to stay for the long haul.

My sources tell me the former Princeton coach really struggled in the classroom at Princeton. Dude was making just shy of 6 figures teaching 4 classes at Princeton. No way LaSalle touches that. This is a real head scratcher for me.
Old 02-11-17, 10:37 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
My sources tell me the former Princeton coach really struggled in the classroom at Princeton. Dude was making just shy of 6 figures teaching 4 classes at Princeton. No way LaSalle touches that. This is a real head scratcher for me.
Why is it a head scratcher? Some people like coke. Some like Pepsi. Some like Chipotle. Some like qdoba. He liked the GCL. Tried to teach and coach in a public setting. Opted to go back to the GCL. Why does it have to be all about money all the time? He won at Princeton and said peace; I'm out. I applaud the man for doing what he wants on his terms.
Old 02-11-17, 12:59 PM
All Ohio

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Princeton is a mess. SMH
They just went to the playoffs.... how is that a mess? Get a grip. Maybe you should apply for the job and fix it. They simply lost a coach because he wanted to be in the GCL, nothing more nothing less. Had nothing to do with Princeton. Quit being a drama queen Judy.
Old 02-11-17, 01:06 PM
Junior Varsity

wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Princeton has become a stepping stone for coaches. They do need to get a coach that will be there for the long hall.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-17, 02:23 PM
All Ohio

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
First Jerrell white. Then Thayer Munford. Now McLaughlin. All leave Princeton for La Salle.

Once.
Twice.
Three times a lady.
Get the order straight....Munford was 1st....
Old 02-11-17, 03:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS WRESTLING View Post
They just went to the playoffs.... how is that a mess? Get a grip. Maybe you should apply for the job and fix it. They simply lost a coach because he wanted to be in the GCL, nothing more nothing less. Had nothing to do with Princeton. Quit being a drama queen Judy.
Guess I should have been more clear. Princeton did not make the playoffs! Second, I was referring to the Princeton administration being a mess. Actually, Coach Johnson brought stability to the Princeton on his watch. McLaughflin did a good job but they were on their way of improving before he got there. if you are not McLaughflin, how do you know all the reasons he left? I wouldn't be a head coach at Princeton because I never went there. Princeton alums are a little over the top, when it comes to the expectations of the program. The situation is much different from the glory days.
Old 02-11-17, 04:51 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=warriorblue;6699119]Guess I should have been more clear. Princeton did not make the playoffs! Second, I was referring to the Princeton administration being a mess. Actually, Coach Johnson brought stability to the Princeton on his watch. McLaughflin did a good job but they were on their way of improving before he got there. if you are not McLaughflin, how do you know all the reasons he left? I wouldn't be a head coach at Princeton because I never went there. Princeton alums are a little over the top, when it comes to the expectations of the program. The situation is much different from the glory days.[/QUOTE

Coach Johnson didnt bring stability to the program he continue the losing streak that was already in place. he talks a good game but thats about all. as far as alumni goes we just want to see the program get back to respectful.if a former player is the coach that does it then great if its another coach with no ties to the school then great. The new administration is not a mess because they did hire a coach who won more games in 1 year then Calvin did combine in 3 years. rest a sure that the administration will make another good hire.
Old 02-11-17, 05:19 PM
All World

[QUOTE=vikes 87;6699169]
Quote:
Guess I should have been more clear. Princeton did not make the playoffs! Second, I was referring to the Princeton administration being a mess. Actually, Coach Johnson brought stability to the Princeton on his watch. McLaughflin did a good job but they were on their way of improving before he got there. if you are not McLaughflin, how do you know all the reasons he left? I wouldn't be a head coach at Princeton because I never went there. Princeton alums are a little over the top, when it comes to the expectations of the program. The situation is much different from the glory days.[/QUOTE

Coach Johnson didnt bring stability to the program he continue the losing streak that was already in place. he talks a good game but thats about all. as far as alumni goes we just want to see the program get back to respectful.if a former player is the coach that does it then great if its another coach with no ties to the school then great. The new administration is not a mess because they did hire a coach who won more games in 1 year then Calvin did combine in 3 years. rest a sure that the administration will make another good hire.
Spoken like a true Viking alum. Before Coach Johnson got to Princeton, it had hit rock bottom. Losing games, not being competetive. No weight room participation. Kids not coming out to play etc. it takes time to build a program. I seen it with my own eyes in person and on film. Many of the GMC coaches believe the same. Princess will never be what it once was! Buts it's difficult for many of the Viking faithful to realize that.
Old 02-11-17, 07:02 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=warriorblue;6699180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post

Spoken like a true Viking alum. Before Coach Johnson got to Princeton, it had hit rock bottom. Losing games, not being competetive. No weight room participation. Kids not coming out to play etc. it takes time to build a program. I seen it with my own eyes in person and on film. Many of the GMC coaches believe the same. Princess will never be what it once was! Buts it's difficult for many of the Viking faithful to realize that.
it wont be like it was because its a land lock district. keep thinking Calvin change the course. ill give you the fact that Leach and Croley ran the program into the ground. and if Calvin was so well liked over their the weight room incident would of been swept under the rug. they had more numbers this past year the in his 3 years he was there .
Old 02-11-17, 07:14 PM
All World

[QUOTE=vikes 87;6699233]
Quote:

it wont be like it was because its a land lock district. keep thinking Calvin change the course. ill give you the fact that Leach and Croley ran the program into the ground. and if Calvin was so well liked over their the weight room incident would of been swept under the rug. they had more numbers this past year the in his 3 years he was there .
Landlocked is right. Don't forget about the Catholic Schools influence also. Cal wasn't well received (some of it his own fault, much of it wasn't) Don't get me started on the weight room incident. If they didn't want him to coach, they should have let him go at the end of the season. Not slander him or run his name through the dirt!
Old 02-11-17, 07:50 PM
All District

CJSS is on a distinguished road
In my opinion they should go after Arvie Crouch from Mt. Healthy. He would do very well at Princeton if they can keep up the numbers. With roughly 1400 students at almost 50/50ratio of boys/girls, a lot of talent is walking those halls. Essentially what you have is a Huber Heights Wayne in Cincinnati that needs a coach that understands the dynamics.
Old 02-11-17, 10:23 PM
All District

Tig93 is on a distinguished road
John Cupps is the best man for this job!!
Old 02-11-17, 10:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
In my opinion they should go after Arvie Crouch from Mt. Healthy. He would do very well at Princeton if they can keep up the numbers. With roughly 1400 students at almost 50/50ratio of boys/girls, a lot of talent is walking those halls. Essentially what you have is a Huber Heights Wayne in Cincinnati that needs a coach that understands the dynamics.
Princeton is different than Huber Heights
Old 02-11-17, 10:54 PM
All District

rockies.101 is on a distinguished road
Princeton is not a mess. Calvin Johnson did some positive things. He put a good staff together and 4 of them stuck around with the new coach. Pat M did a good job but timing is everything. He came in and Princeton had a good senior class and I think if Calvin would of stayed they would of been 5-5 or 6-4. The key at Princeton is getting the Sharonville kid back. The 5'11' 220 kid that goes to Moeller or X and never sees the field. Princeton will continue to get good skill players but have to get better up front. Princeton has a new building, great administration and they pay well. The head principal is a former football coach and Miami Alum. I heard he was a walk on that earned a scholarship. He is the perfect administrator to work for. You can still get a very good education at Princeton (great IB and AP program). The key will be if Princeton can keep this staff together. Hiring within maybe the best option.
Old 02-12-17, 10:43 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig93 View Post
I hope that is sarcasm. As mentioned above, Princeton principal Ogden is no dummy when it comes to football. He was a D.C. for many years at Loveland before becoming a principal. He would never be on board with Cupps.

Crouch will definitely get a call. Can he say no the GMC again?
Old 02-13-17, 01:47 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
I hope that is sarcasm. As mentioned above, Princeton principal Ogden is no dummy when it comes to football. He was a D.C. for many years at Loveland before becoming a principal. He would never be on board with Cupps.

Crouch will definitely get a call. Can he say no the GMC again?
I agree that Crouch should be the person Princeton should actively pursue. He has worked wonders at MH. He could be the guy that brings a new level of optimism to Princeton.

He has a really good gig at MH so getting him over to Princeton might be tough but Princeton is one of the schools in the area that has the means to make it happen.

Unlike Middletown I think the Princeton job has the potential to be a quicker turn around. Crouch will make sure that all facets of Princeton's community are hit hard.
Old 02-13-17, 07:26 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig93 View Post
just ask him
Old 02-14-17, 03:05 PM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
I thought Princeton should have gone after Arvie Crouch the last time this job opened. Princeton needs to identify what they need to compete and win then go after the guy they think will help them do that.

With Princeton having a football minded principal you would think they will be active in pursing their next coach.
Old 02-14-17, 10:12 PM
Freshman

MtH_Owls is on a distinguished road
There is no chance Arv leaves Mt. Healthy this year and if you think there is you do not know the man. He wants that SWOC title back.
Old 02-14-17, 10:38 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsack View Post
just ask him
lol!
Old 02-14-17, 10:52 PM
All District

Tig93 is on a distinguished road
Yes .. We the fine people of Massillon feel Coach Cupps has accomplished all his goals here as our DC. It is time for him to get out from behind Coach Moore's shadow and become a HC. I hear he is a fine educator also. Take a chance. Please!!