Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-17, 09:03 AM
All World

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Getting super intense...just finished episode 10 of season 2. It leaves off with Walt breaking into Jesse's apartment to retrieve the bulk of product to sell it all to Gus for 1.2M. In the meantime, Skyler is going into labor. I had to call it a night, so I will pick up tonight after my kids game. I think I can officially say that this is the best series I've ever watched.
Pretty sure the next episode has a scene between Walt and Jane that when I saw it, my mouth just kinda dropped to the floor. I don't want to spoil it, but on the heels of choosing the drug deal over going to his wife while in labor, Walt is willing to do anything to pursue the drug dealing lifestyle, and you see him do it over and over again.

BB is riveting, intense, shocking and sad all at the same time. I can't imagine how people felt while it aired having to wait week to week or season to season for the next episode.

Last edited by Spille; 02-14-17 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-14-17, 09:29 AM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
It was awesome. The wait was one of the best parts about the show. You would spend all week talking about it and predicting what was going to happen next. It was one of the only shows where I never knew what was coming next.

Internet message boards would be crazy between the episodes with fan theories and such.
Old 02-14-17, 10:22 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Ugh, making me want to start over and watch from the beginning again.
Old 02-14-17, 10:31 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
I've watched BB from start to finish 3 times. Never gets old. I sucked my wife into watching it with me one day. She didn't start it until season 2. Once she watched about 3 episodes, she was hooked and then started back at season 1 and watched it all the way through. I had no problem with it. Just meant we got to watch Breaking Bad after work instead of her Kardashian crap shows.
Old 02-14-17, 10:44 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I sucked my wife into watching it with me one day. She didn't start it until season 2. Once she watched about 3 episodes, she was hooked and then started back at season 1 and watched it all the way through.
My wife couldn't sit through the first few episodes of season one and would always shake her head in wonder whenever we got together with our son and he and I would talk about the show. But then with all the hype before the final season of course she had to know what was going on, and who was who, etc., so we had to binge watch the whole series before the final season started.
Old 02-14-17, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Ugh, making me want to start over and watch from the beginning again.
I know...I think I will go into withdraw once I'm done with this. I think I will go right into Better Call Saul after I'm done with BB and then Dexter is next on my list. These beat most of the crap that's on TV these days.
Old 02-14-17, 01:13 PM
All American

Dexter is very good. That and Sons of Anarchy are probably next on my list behind BB, but obviously quite a bit behind it.
Old 02-14-17, 02:31 PM
All World

I thought Dexter started great but hit a snag during the middle and end of the series.

Tallmadge I would recommend Justified and The Blacklist if you like those types of shows. But just know deep down nothing will compare to BB
Old 02-14-17, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I thought Dexter started great but hit a snag during the middle and end of the series.

Tallmadge I would recommend Justified and The Blacklist if you like those types of shows. But just know deep down nothing will compare to BB
Can you give me a brief overview of Justified and Blacklist?
Old 02-14-17, 03:47 PM
All American

Blacklist is very mediocre IMO.
Old 02-14-17, 05:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Can you give me a brief overview of Justified and Blacklist?
Justified is the better of the two for sure. Blacklist isn't for everyone but I love it. Takes some time to get into it. Two links below are the trailers for the two shows.

From Wikipedia- Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is something of a 19th-century–style, Old West lawman living in modern times, whose unconventional enforcement of justice makes him a target of criminals and a problem child to his U.S. Marshals Service superior. In response to his controversial but "justified" quick-draw shooting of mob hitman Tommy Bucks in Miami, Givens is reassigned to Lexington, Kentucky. The Lexington Marshals office's jurisdiction includes Harlan County, where Raylan was raised and which he thought he had escaped for good in his youth.

From Wikipedia-Raymond "Red" Reddington, a former US Naval Intelligence officer who had disappeared twenty years earlier to become one of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives, surrenders himself to FBI Assistant Director Harold Cooper at the J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, D.C. Taken to an FBI "black site," Reddington claims he wishes to help the FBI track down and apprehend the criminals and terrorists he spent the last twenty years associating with; individuals that are so dangerous and devious that the United States government is unaware of their very existence.

He offers Cooper his knowledge and assistance on two conditions: immunity from prosecution, and that he wants to work exclusively with Elizabeth Keen, a rookie profiler newly assigned to Cooper. Keen and Cooper are suspicious of Reddington's interest in her, but he will only say that she is "very special." After Cooper tests Reddington's offer in locating and killing a terrorist in the first episode, Reddington reveals that this man was only the first on his "blacklist" of global criminals, which he has compiled over his criminal career, and states that he and the FBI have a mutual interest in eliminating them. The mysteries of Reddington's and Liz's lives, and his interest in her, are gradually revealed as the series progresses. Each episode features one of the global criminals, Reddington assisting the team tracking and apprehending them.

One of the ongoing themes of the series is that we see the effects that working with Reddington seemingly has on the characters of the FBI task force, as some of them start to compromise their own professional integrity, and do expedient or unprofessional things that they would never have considered at the outset of the series.

The rank of the featured criminal on the list is displayed at the start of every episode. The only exception to this rule is the sixty-third episode of the series, titled "Cape May."

Old 02-14-17, 08:19 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Guys your opinions of TV shows are not gospel. It is all opinion.

For ME its BB followed by TWD and GOT. After that it is Always Sunny, Seinfeld, and The Office.

I would not expect anyone else to have the same shows let alone in the same order.

But Breaking Bad is boss.
Old 02-15-17, 05:27 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
I know...I think I will go into withdraw once I'm done with this. I think I will go right into Better Call Saul after I'm done with BB and then Dexter is next on my list. These beat most of the crap that's on TV these days.
You can watch Dexter seasons 1 through 5 and skip the final 2. Up through 5 it was crazy good. Then it got a little strange and by strange I mean bad.

Just my opinion.
Old 02-15-17, 06:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
You can watch Dexter seasons 1 through 5 and skip the final 2. Up through 5 it was crazy good. Then it got a little strange and by strange I mean bad.

Just my opinion.
I heard a couple of people say that. I'm just enjoying every minute of BB. My wife told me last night that I have an addiction to it.
Old 02-15-17, 02:34 PM
Colerain Booster

Quote:
I heard a couple of people say that. I'm just enjoying every minute of BB. My wife told me last night that I have an addiction to it.
Oh, I was very much addicted to BB. I binge watched it as well about two years ago. It replaced The Sopranos as my favorite show from beginning to end.
It's a wild and unapologetic ride. Enjoy it. I am of the opinion that season 5 episode 14 (won't name the episode because it's a spoiler) is the best hour of TV I have ever watched.
Old 02-15-17, 04:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Guys your opinions of TV shows are not gospel. It is all opinion.
Just to be clear, your saying that opinions are just opinion?
Old 02-15-17, 05:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
Fugetaboutit, The Sopranos is #1.

The Wire is way too low.

Sons of Anarchy way too high, and I watched all of them. And if you like SOA, The Shield was better.

Better Call Saul is pretty good, so is The Americans

Fargo is the best thing on TV right now, Ray Donovan is a close second.
Just to be clear, some of us talk as if our opinions are gospel.

Not mentioning any names though.
Old 02-15-17, 06:15 PM
All American

You're not the first.
Old 02-15-17, 06:32 PM
All World

1. Breaking Bad

2. Justified
3. The Wire
4. The Sopranos
5. Bloodline/Better Call Saul/Goliath/Friday Night Lights

Never could get into Walking Dead or Game of Thrones
Anyway. Didn't mean to take this thread to a whole new topic.
Old 02-15-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

So Walt just had the run in with Jane. Skyler uncovers some lies during Walts surgery. Great episode
Old 02-15-17, 08:18 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So Walt just had the run in with Jane. Skyler uncovers some lies during Walts surgery. Great episode
I grew to despise Skylar lol.
Old 02-15-17, 09:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I grew to despise Skylar lol.
Me too, but I was never sure if it was more the character or the actress.
Old 02-16-17, 07:20 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
No, the actress played Skylar perfectly. She was meant to be a bitchy wife. It have Walt his first opportunity to really show it wasn't about family.
Old 02-16-17, 07:50 AM
All World

I could have done without Skylar and the sister. Despised them both. Hank was ok though, Dean Norris played the overinflated ego ATF agent role to a tee.
Old 02-16-17, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
That's the beauty of Skylar and how you can tell the character worked. The way she developed into being such an irritating ______ is another sign of Vince Gilligan's genius. That's one of the true indicators of how great that show was- how our views of the major characters changed over the history of the show.

Another interesting aspect of SKylar is how her appearance changed drastically between seasons when she had her (bad) plastic surgery.
Old 02-16-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
The crawl space scene is by far the best scene I've ever seen in a television show. Gives me goosebumps every time.
Old 02-16-17, 12:00 PM
All American

My favorite is the last ~2 mins of season 3's finale.
Old 02-16-17, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
My favorite is the last ~2 mins of season 3's finale.
Just started season 3 last night
Old 02-16-17, 01:30 PM
Colerain Booster

See...that's the beauty of Skylar's character. She IS doing the right thing for the most part. How would any of us react is we found out our spouse was making a lot of unspendable dollars via the meth trade? I think the fantasy world of movies and TV romanticizes this scenario way too much. BB gives you a more probable and believable reaction and subsequent plot line that makes the show so great. We hate Skylar because we are rooting for Walt but the truth is Walt is the bad guy. He is he murderer and drug kingpin.
Again, just my opinion.
Old 02-16-17, 01:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
See...that's the beauty of Skylar's character. She IS doing the right thing for the most part. How would any of us react is we found out our spouse was making a lot of unspendable dollars via the meth trade? I think the fantasy world of movies and TV romanticizes this scenario way too much. BB gives you a more probable and believable reaction and subsequent plot line that makes the show so great. We hate Skylar because we are rooting for Walt but the truth is Walt is the bad guy. He is he murderer and drug kingpin.
Again, just my opinion.
The bold is spot-on. It doesn't treat a murder like something that doesn't impact a human being.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: