Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-17, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
With that clown you just consider the source. Then you shake your head and move on.
I'm clowning the "proud" Louisville people running from the Fed. It's making me shake my head.

"Wah we are too small" yet they are in D1 like the rest of us. Only exception is football. Anyone think Louisvilles football program couldn't compete?

Meanwhile they bash the NBC schools for playing the numbers game while they do it themselves. It is pretty darn amusing I admit.
Old 02-14-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
This is not fake news there is a promante Stark County Atty.is ready to sue the Federal league. The reason is because of the situation with the denial of entrance of Massillon into the league Louisville realizes it is like Massillonas they won't get in.

The league is not stable just say no to the Feds.
It is the most stable league in the area.

As for suing for Massillon or anyone else to join, not happening. No one has an inherent right to join the league. The membership has the right to decide the composition of the league. Massillon thinks the Fed is beneath them and doesn't want in anyway so your narrative kinda falls apart.
Old 02-14-17, 08:59 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
This is not fake news there is a promante Stark County Atty.is ready to sue the Federal league. The reason is because of the situation with the denial of entrance of Massillon into the league Louisville realizes it is like Massillonas they won't get in.

The league is not stable just say no to the Feds.
All it took was that right there for me to know you are talking completely out of your azz. Please shut up and quit acting like you anything going on at Massillon, or he!! anywhere else for that matter. Why would an attorney sue for being denied entry to a league. Do you know how freaking moronic that sounds? Jesus son.
Old 02-14-17, 10:51 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
I don't see JAX PERRY LAKE NC GO MCK moving or going anywhere and I don't see the enrollment plummet - so as far as the "unstable league" comment .... not sure how to argue with blatant disregard for reality. Green could go, but I doubt they are looking to move. So stable or unstable looks like the league will be up and running for quite some time.

but we have been distracted by some lob shots. I would imagine Twinem will be charged with setting at least 2 years of schedules up after next year, the final year in the league. Most scheduling is done 2 years in advance. Every year after next will mean any entrance into a league will USUALLY take 2 years after admittance.
Old 02-14-17, 12:09 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
If Louisville were to join the fed, I'd see them being like another Lake. Compete, but never win it.
Old 03-06-17, 11:14 AM
All District

Putting together the initial independent schedule from what I have gathered from what is being said on here - anyone happen to know more or corrections to what I have?

week 1 - canfield
week 2 - hoover
week 3 - green
week 4 - lake
week 5 - perry
week 6 -
week 7 -
week 8 -
week 9 - Massillon Washington
week 10 - CCC

Does NC stay week 2? 6,7,8 are tough to fill, does 1,2,3 get lightened a bit?

Last edited by Bandit22; 03-10-17 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-06-17, 05:12 PM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Week 1 Canfield
Week 2 Hoover

Unless something has changed the rest you have is correct.
Old 03-09-17, 11:14 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
Putting together the initial independent schedule from what I have gathered from what is being said on here - anyone happen to know more or corrections to what I have?

week 1
week 2
week 3 - green
week 4 - lake
week 5 - perry
week 6 -
week 7 -
week 8 -
week 9 - Massillon Washington
week 10 - CCC

Does NC stay week 2? 6,7,8 are tough to fill, does 1,2,3 get lightened a bit?
I am pretty sure Jackson is in there somewhere. Last I heard the only Fed schools not scheduled are GlenOak and McKinley
Old 03-10-17, 04:01 PM
All World

Flood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I am pretty sure Jackson is in there somewhere. Last I heard the only Fed schools not scheduled are GlenOak and McKinley
Is that because their "team picture" doesn't look like their own?
Old 03-11-17, 01:17 AM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Louisville Leopards 2017

08/25 H Canfield
09/01 H North Canton Hoover
09/08 A Austintown Fitch
09/15 H Alliance Marlington
09/22 A Alliance
09/29 A Minerva
10/06 H Carrollton
10/13 A Beloit West Branch
10/20 H Salem
10/27 A Canton South

At least that's what this site is showing.
Old 03-11-17, 01:20 AM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Not sure why their old NBC friends are still on the schedule, unless it was planned that way.

Scheduling could've been a bear otherwise.
Old 03-11-17, 07:31 AM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Not sure why their old NBC friends are still on the schedule, unless it was planned that way.

Scheduling could've been a bear otherwise.
Louisville is in the NBC for one more school year (2017-18), so they'll see those teams one more season. Folks are talking about the 2018 schedule.
Old 03-16-17, 09:14 AM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Old 03-21-17, 10:23 AM
Freshman

nomadic man is on a distinguished road
Doesn't Howland and St. V's normally have openings in weeks 6-8 every year? I know those are two teams in their region. I even think Howland played a team from PA last year if I am not mistaken. Those seem like two games Louisville could take on in an independent schedule if its possible. Drive isn't too bad.
Old 03-21-17, 11:47 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadic man View Post
Doesn't Howland and St. V's normally have openings in weeks 6-8 every year? I know those are two teams in their region. I even think Howland played a team from PA last year if I am not mistaken.
There are many teams in PA that are closer to Howland than Louisville.
Old 03-21-17, 12:39 PM
Freshman

Yes some PA schools may be closer but it would be an ideal team for louisville to contact if they go the independent rout. It hard to fill out those late weeks as an independent. Luckily the Fed has quite a few teams that have open dates late in the year or this process for louisville would be a lot more difficult and the commute would be ridiculous
Old 03-21-17, 12:49 PM
All District

many schools work to have the next two seasons in the book.

So some times schools are in year 1 or year 2 of a home and home contract. common knowledge weeks 6-10 are hard to fill for anyone indy. My question would be when does Hoover have their bye week in the league? pending on who Hoover has and what year it is in - it would make sense to move the Hoover game to that week.
Old 03-21-17, 01:21 PM
Freshman

Green could also be another possibility depending on their contract with Akron Ellet. If the Fed schedule falls right, Louisville could be lucky enough to get north canton and green late in season instead of weeks 2 and 3.
Old 03-21-17, 03:27 PM
All World

Green would be a great addition and a very competitive game.
Old 03-21-17, 04:01 PM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
BAM!
Old 03-21-17, 08:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadic man View Post
Green could also be another possibility depending on their contract with Akron Ellet. If the Fed schedule falls right, Louisville could be lucky enough to get north canton and green late in season instead of weeks 2 and 3.
The Fed has a rotating open week during the season. This last year was the first year of the current change...so for at least 3 more years the Fed open schedule will be this way...Lake has the 4th week open and then plays all the Fed teams weeks 5 thru 10. McKinley has the 10th week open, Jackson has week 8 open, Hoover has week 9 open, Perry has week 5 open, GlenOak has week 7 open, and Green has week 6 open. When the Fed changes the rotating week next, every team will move up one week except McKinley..they will have week 10 open....so Lake goes to 5, Perry goes to 6, Green goes to 7, GlenOak goes to 8, Jackson goes to 9, and Hoover drops back to 4
Old 03-22-17, 07:36 AM
All District

Here we go again......article in local rag states Lville AD and Principal are once again returning to BOE to recommend applying to the fed league.

whats the general opinion of Lep posters??
Old 03-22-17, 08:37 AM
Freshman

I mean as of right now they plan on playing most of the schools in the Fed in two years. Being an independent, you can't win any league titles anyway. What would that even look like if the Fed accepted them? Every team has that floating by week but a few of those games are pretty important for their respective teams.
Old 03-22-17, 09:26 AM
All District

I was hoping that Alliance and Marlington would come to their senses and figure out that dropping Louisville for South Range was not in their best interests and that a block of three schools would be able to attract 3 more schools for a league of at least 6

again this was me hoping - after looking at the enrollment numbers I do not see a move to the fed as a great idea - but from the lville perspective it does have pros as well as cons
Old 03-22-17, 10:06 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Need to get their mind set on the whole sports program and not just football,will be a nice fit for the town and league.
Old 03-22-17, 05:36 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
The donkey rides on...

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201703...league-renewed

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 03-22-17 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-22-17, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
If Louisville were to join the fed, I'd see them being like another Lake. Compete, but never win it.
Lol
Old 03-22-17, 07:35 PM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
I'd throw St Eds, Ignatius, and Moeller on the schedule and watch how fast everybody gets behind how good the fed looks. Sometimes your just delt a crappy hand, and you need to play it the best as you can. Too many people in Louisville are stuck on the "dream league" that just isn't going to happen. Pie in the sky dreams aren't going to fill our schedule.
Keep another thing in mind....just like the 7 left from the NBC, maybe some schools just don't want to play us. There is no "law" that says a school with an open has to say yes to us. Barring something big transpiring the fed may be the only option.
Old 03-22-17, 09:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I'd throw St Eds, Ignatius, and Moeller on the schedule and watch how fast everybody gets behind how good the fed looks. Sometimes your just delt a crappy hand, and you need to play it the best as you can. Too many people in Louisville are stuck on the "dream league" that just isn't going to happen. Pie in the sky dreams aren't going to fill our schedule.
Keep another thing in mind....just like the 7 left from the NBC, maybe some schools just don't want to play us. There is no "law" that says a school with an open has to say yes to us. Barring something big transpiring the fed may be the only option.

Lake had those issues for a long time...schools had open dates but would not play Lake. It changes after you start losing some games. I just wonder how they will do scheduling if Louisville comes in? Perry plays GlenOak, Hoover plays Jackson, Lake is playing Green week 10...what do they do with an equal amount of schools...with McKinley having to have week 10 for Massillon...does Louisville have to be the team that has to find a week 10 game? This could mean that they have to open with McKinley too...unless they still do the stagger schedule....but then you have the rival games week 10
Old 03-23-17, 07:00 AM
All District

If Louisville could nab CCC for week 10 then McK and Louisville could play week 3

It is a conundrum for the Louisville brass - certainly many in the community will want to be heard and have strong opinions as they should. Yes there would be ideal leagues with schools around but it appears there is no movement.

Most of the athletics at Louisville compete in tournaments vs Federal League schools so in that regard a move to that league would better prepare them for post season play. I would tend to believe the gates for contests would be improved vs Fed league.

Obviously football is a major revenue draw in Louisville and they are faced with a grinder schedule that will prep them for the D3 tourney but at what cost? that seems to be the dilemma. A league crown will be much more difficult to obtain, but could end up meaning that much more.

Still looking at enrollment numbers alone - the former 7 schools of the NBC look totally weak any way you slice it down. They all should be embarrassed. I personally have never seen anything like it where in FOOTBALL schools were dodging competition. WOW

Last edited by Bandit22; 03-23-17 at 07:14 AM.