Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-19-17, 10:06 PM
All District

DustMan1975 is on a distinguished road
Southwest Ohio Preseason Softball Talk!

Ok we all know Mason is loaded surrounded with a lot of area teams who have holes to fill..

I am bored and itching to watch some softball... let's go people! What have you heard? Predictions, etc
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-17, 05:54 PM
Varsity

Bluedog411 is on a distinguished road
So what's your question? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your daughters name out there? Are you looking for predictions? I think Mason is solid, but in my opinion Lakota East is the team to beat this year. Harrison is also putting a nice team together.
Old 01-23-17, 06:18 PM
Varsity

pickinsplinters15 is on a distinguished road
I agree mason is loaded. What does east have coming back as far as pitching? West will be a tough out as well!! Harrison should give Ross all they can handle in the swoc this year
Old 01-23-17, 07:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedog411 View Post
So what's your question? Are you looking for an opportunity to put your daughters name out there? Are you looking for predictions? I think Mason is solid, but in my opinion Lakota East is the team to beat this year. Harrison is also putting a nice team together.
Hey, I just figured since this area of yappi is a forum for high school softball talk that trying to get some talk started would be fun My mistake for trying to get a thread going. How dare I start a softball thread on such a website?

My daughters graduated over 10 years ago. I still like to follow and go out to games each year as some of my daughter's coaches are still coaching.

East won't match Mason in pitching or catching - and what is more important than that?.. they can match up in a lot of other areas but not the battery. West might be able to hang with Mason. As always, don't overlook Oak Hills. Milford should cruise in the ECC. Ross may need some time to adjust after Fern retiring. I look for Harrison, Miamisburg, MND, Little Miami, Ursuline, Kings, and Turpin to challenge some teams for the top of their leagues.

Last edited by DustMan1975; 01-23-17 at 08:42 PM..
Old 01-24-17, 08:16 AM
Varsity

SamMaydayMalone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lakota East? Seriously? They still have their stud, but they graduated a lot including all their pitching. They'll be a top 1/3 GMC team, and will win a lot of regular season games, but let's see what Castner can do with this group.

Mason returns a lot from their successful season last year and has some nice Sophomores/Freshman that will make an impact this season. They could duplicate what they accomplished last year.

Lakota West returns some nice talent. Lost some innings and an infielder but returns everyone else from the District Championship team.

Oak Hills is always going to be in the mix with Jackie being a solid coach. Youth program is on the rise.

Milford will cruise through the regular season and could make a nice run if they find some consistent offense.

Lebanon will be solid again, will have multiple pitchers to choose from.

Agree that Harrison's stock is on the rise this year.

Ross will still be good.

Kings will be improved over last year and they had a solid team. Return a good pitcher and have a STUD freshman coming in playing OF.

Ursuline will be improved because of solid coaching, but they're a year away from anything significant.

I'm looking forward to March 25th!
Old 01-24-17, 05:17 PM
Varsity

Oak hills lost a ton of firepower on offense. I don't see them being a serious contender for one of the top spots in gmc.
Old 01-25-17, 08:00 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMaydayMalone View Post
Lakota East? Seriously? They still have their stud, but they graduated a lot including all their pitching. They'll be a top 1/3 GMC team, and will win a lot of regular season games, but let's see what Castner can do with this group.

Mason returns a lot from their successful season last year and has some nice Sophomores/Freshman that will make an impact this season. They could duplicate what they accomplished last year.

Lakota West returns some nice talent. Lost some innings and an infielder but returns everyone else from the District Championship team.

Oak Hills is always going to be in the mix with Jackie being a solid coach. Youth program is on the rise.

Milford will cruise through the regular season and could make a nice run if they find some consistent offense.

Ross will still be good.

Kings will be improved over last year and they had a solid team. Return a good pitcher and have a STUD freshman coming in playing OF.

Ursuline will be improved because of solid coaching, but they're a year away from anything significant.

After reading your reply, I've come to the conclusion that you have far more knowledge on this topic than I do. I will educate myself about the Hawks Gold team and pick the teams with those players. I'll return after more research.
Old 01-25-17, 08:27 AM
Varsity

Wink

Quote:
After reading your reply, I've come to the conclusion that you have far more knowledge on this topic than I do. I will educate myself about the Hawks Gold team and pick the teams with those players. I'll return after more research.
Great organization, but not the only one really good players in the area play for. You should also check out Beverly Bandits (East & Kings), Ohio Lasers (West & Harrison), both which won National Championships last year, Cincy Doom (West, Lebanon, Milford), Static (Oak Hills, Ross, East) Outlaws, Stingrays and the other top travel teams around the area. Even some of the lesser know organizations like Ohio Thunder and Freedom Elite have some really good players. Though I think the FE team left to go to another organization.

By the way, I know you were being sarcastic, just trying to inform you that I do know more than one team.

It's a discussion about who we think is going to be good, until the girls hit the field know one knows. Someone could have a stud pitcher that transferred in like Oak Hills a few years ago and that could change the whole landscape.
Old 01-25-17, 08:35 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinsplinters15 View Post
Oak hills lost a ton of firepower on offense. I don't see them being a serious contender for one of the top spots in gmc.
Agree, but Jackie is one of the more dedicated coaches and if they can generate some offense they'll be fine. Tough to replace 3 college players though.
Old 01-25-17, 08:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Agree, but Jackie is one of the more dedicated coaches and if they can generate some offense they'll be fine. Tough to replace 3 college players though.
Oak Hills has a more favorable pitching situation than some others too.
Old 01-25-17, 08:57 AM
All District

Quote:
Great organization, but not the only one really good players in the area play for. You should also check out Beverly Bandits (East & Kings), Ohio Lasers (West & Harrison), both which won National Championships last year, Cincy Doom (West, Lebanon, Milford), Static (Oak Hills, Ross, East) Outlaws, Stingrays and the other top travel teams around the area. Even some of the lesser know organizations like Ohio Thunder and Freedom Elite have some really good players. Though I think the FE team left to go to another organization.

By the way, I know you were being sarcastic, just trying to inform you that I do know more than one team.

It's a discussion about who we think is going to be good, until the girls hit the field know one knows. Someone could have a stud pitcher that transferred in like Oak Hills a few years ago and that could change the whole landscape.
Yes or someone young that will make noise. Seems the only notable pitchers around are juniors and seniors.
Old 01-25-17, 11:53 AM
Varsity

Quote:

I can assure you that no studs transferred here in Hamiltucky. Lol.. My hope is that we can beat Fairfield
Old 01-25-17, 12:55 PM
All District

Back when my daughters played Hamilton and Fairfield had stud pitchers growing like weeds! Times have changed.
Old 01-25-17, 06:24 PM
Varsity

Quote:

I'm not educated enough about the top tier feeder teams, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put the Doom and Static in the same company as Bandits, Lasers, and outlaws.

Still doing my HS research.
Old 01-25-17, 07:32 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I'm not educated enough about the top tier feeder teams, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put the Doom and Static in the same company as Bandits, Lasers, and outlaws.

Still doing my HS research.
I wasn't ranking them. You're 3-3 on this thread...3 comments and just insulting other posters. Go troll somewhere else.
Old 01-25-17, 07:44 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I wasn't ranking them. You're 3-3 on this thread...3 comments and just insulting other posters. Go troll somewhere else.
I have a lot to say on this topic, I'm just not sure I'm as knowledgeable (yet). Doing my research so I can one day be as great as maydaymalone. You're truly my hero.

See my 4th post wasn't an attack
Old 01-25-17, 08:07 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustMan1975 View Post
Back when my daughters played Hamilton and Fairfield had stud pitchers growing like weeds! Times have changed.
I remember reading articles on those 2 teams. I know Heckman has won a state title which is not an easy task. Has the game passed him up or lack of talent? I've seen several girls in recent years playing little league baseball and some could crush the ball.. Makes me wonder where they went too
Old 01-26-17, 01:16 PM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on smaller school teams in the area that should be good, on the rise, etc...
Old 01-26-17, 05:35 PM
Freshman

parenttarget is on a distinguished road
In DII, Ross will be on top with Western Brown close behind. Badin should be the best in DIII. Williamsburg is head and shoulders above everyone in DIV.
Old 01-27-17, 07:54 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Thoughts on smaller school teams in the area that should be good, on the rise, etc...
Middletown Madison has a really nice Freshman pitcher coming in this year. They could be a force for a few years.
Old 01-27-17, 02:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinsplinters15 View Post
I remember reading articles on those 2 teams. I know Heckman has won a state title which is not an easy task. Has the game passed him up or lack of talent? I've seen several girls in recent years playing little league baseball and some could crush the ball.. Makes me wonder where they went too
Heckman has not won a state title. I believe he has had 1-2 final four teams though.
Old 01-27-17, 02:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Middletown Madison has a really nice Freshman pitcher coming in this year. They could be a force for a few years.
Yes she is going to be a force. They have a new coach who will have them playing well too.
Old 01-27-17, 10:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Heckman has not won a state title. I believe he has had 1-2 final four teams though.
My apologies.. You are correct he hasn't won a title.. He has been there so long I would have swore he won that title
Old 02-02-17, 10:06 PM
Varsity

zski71 is on a distinguished road
Mason should be considered a unanimous 1 with Lebanon 1a. Those 2 teams just have more talent top top bottom than the rest. Milford, West, and Oak Hills should be the next group in D1. Massie could be tops in D2 if they get enough help for their pitcher, I believe they lost to Ross after a walk off in the tourney last year. Pitching overall may be down this year, so some teams may just have to out hit and out defense others for wins.
Old 02-03-17, 07:30 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Ross will still be good.

I agree with all of this except for Kings, how will the be improved when they lose 8 Seniors most of which were starters. Kings should be down this year but a down year for Kings in the ECC means a 3rd - 5th place finish in the league.

ECC:
1. Milford
2. Turpin
3. Loveland
4. Kings
5. Anderson
6. Walnut Hills
7. Glen Este
8. Withrow
Old 02-06-17, 08:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
I agree with all of this except for Kings, how will the be improved when they lose 8 Seniors most of which were starters. Kings should be down this year but a down year for Kings in the ECC means a 3rd - 5th place finish in the league.

ECC:
1. Milford
2. Turpin
3. Loveland
4. Kings
5. Anderson
6. Walnut Hills
7. Glen Este
8. Withrow
I will rely on you for info on the ECC, just going off what I know and with a senior pitcher and some additions from the younger class I thought Kings would be at least as good as last year. I don't know much about Turpin other than their CF who's very solid and I know nothing about Loveland.

Since my daughter played in the GMC that's who I follow the most.
Old 02-06-17, 08:31 PM
Junior Varsity

Bulldawgsp20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parenttarget View Post
In DII, Ross will be on top with Western Brown close behind. Badin should be the best in DIII. Williamsburg is head and shoulders above everyone in DIV.
Western Brown should be the team to beat in the SBAAC American Division, and then with their freshman class should make a decent run into the tournament. You will have WB, Ross, and Clinton Massie all in the D2 Districts, so should make for an interesting tournament.
Agree on Badin being there in D3.
As for us at Williamsburg, all the teams listed above are on the schedule this year. Looking forward to all these games. Only graduated 2 from the Final Four team.

The season can not get here soon enough.
Old 02-19-17, 06:22 PM
All District

I hear Mason might be without some of their top returners to start the season! This could make the GMC interesting!
Old 02-22-17, 04:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I hear Mason might be without some of their top returners to start the season! This could make the GMC interesting!
Hopefully everyone has a speedy and full recovery! Not your everyday tweaks and sprains.
Old 02-22-17, 08:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Hopefully everyone has a speedy and full recovery! Not your everyday tweaks and sprains.
Seems like nobody knows anything specific..