Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: What do the Browns do with the first pick?
Myles Garrett 24 57.14%
DeShaun Watson 4 9.52%
Mitch Trubisky 4 9.52%
Jonathan Allen 2 4.76%
Pick another player not listed 2 4.76%
Trade the pick 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-17, 10:40 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Why would team in need of QB not try? ... because without a top pick they can't get a QB they want ... thanks for proving my point.
You think they were trying to land a starting QB through the draft without drafting one in the first 3 rounds in over 10 years?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-17, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Maybe in a draft with QBs worth trading to get.
It seems joesports is vastly overrating the QBs in this draft, a lost cause debate.
Old 03-18-17, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Garrett with the first pick. The best defensive player available at #12...especially if it's Barnett...and go defensive BPA with both second rounders, as well. At least you would have the makings of a competent NFL defense that could be on the way to a championship level defense in time when added to the current team.

The franchise QB will have to come next year, when they will undoubtedly be picking in the top five and Darnold, Rosen and Browning will be eligible.
Old 03-18-17, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Garrett with the first pick. The best defensive player available at #12...especially if it's Barnett...and go defensive BPA with both second rounders, as well. At least you would have the makings of a competent NFL defense that could be on the way to a championship level defense in time when added to the current team.

The franchise QB will have to come next year, when they will undoubtedly be picking in the top five and Darnold, Rosen and Browning will be eligible.
I agree.
Old 03-18-17, 01:36 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine they pass on Trubisky if he's there at #12 - not saying it is or isn't a good idea, but it would surprise me if they didn't pull the trigger on him at 12.

That said, has there ever been a draft where a QB didn't go in the top 11? I wouldn't think so.
Old 03-18-17, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I can't imagine they pass on Trubisky if he's there at #12 - not saying it is or isn't a good idea, but it would surprise me if they didn't pull the trigger on him at 12.

That said, has there ever been a draft where a QB didn't go in the top 11? I wouldn't think so.
Yep, see my post above. In 2000, Pennington was the first QB taken and he was picked 18th. Druckenmiller was picked 26th in 97. In 13, EJ Manuel went 16th as the first QB taken.
Old 03-18-17, 02:59 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Yep, see my post above. In 2000, Pennington was the first QB taken and he was picked 18th. Druckenmiller was picked 26th in 97. In 13, EJ Manuel went 16th as the first QB taken.
Interesting. Good info. Wouldn't have guessed that at all.

None of those names exactly inspire confidence either...

If the choice at 12 is between Trubisky and the best available defensive back between Lattimore/Humphrey/Adams/Hooker that will be interesting to see what Cle does.
Old 03-18-17, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Interesting. Good info. Wouldn't have guessed that at all.

None of those names exactly inspire confidence either...

If the choice at 12 is between Trubisky and the best available defensive back between Lattimore/Humphrey/Adams/Hooker that will be interesting to see what Cle does.
I only discovered it because I was curious like you. We get used to all of the drafts with QBs going early and forget about those down years.

I've seen a lot of mocks where Lattimore, Adams and Hooker are long gone by the 12th.
Old 03-18-17, 04:45 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I've seen a lot of mocks where Lattimore, Adams and Hooker are long gone by the 12th.
Same. I think it's likely 3/4 top DB's are gone by 12. I would imagine Humphrey will be the one left. But it's possible some teams could have Conley as the #4 guy after the combine.
Old 03-18-17, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Same. I think it's likely 3/4 top DB's are gone by 12. I would imagine Humphrey will be the one left. But it's possible some teams could have Conley as the #4 guy after the combine.
I'm surprised at how Lattimore has shot up the boards. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked him, but he's getting mentioned as a top 5 pick.
Old 03-19-17, 08:03 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm surprised at how Lattimore has shot up the boards. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked him, but he's getting mentioned as a top 5 pick.
Lattimore is a freak. He is a legit talent, but he has been fragile all the way back through his Glenville days. Last year was the only season he made it though, and only because OSU limited his game snaps to about 50% and he basically didn't practice. He will be injured again and again. I would not draft him, even though I love his talent.
Old 03-19-17, 06:57 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
A damn shame we only got to watch Lattimore and Hooker for one season at Ohio State
Old 03-21-17, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Mary Kay Cabot thinks that if the Browns think Trubisky is a franchise QB, they should use the number 1 pick for him. She also thinks that if they think the same of Garopollo, they should not hesitate to give up the 1 pick for him.
Old 03-23-17, 12:40 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
She's a moron.
Old 03-23-17, 07:33 AM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot thinks that if the Browns think Trubisky is a franchise QB, they should use the number 1 pick for him. She also thinks that if they think the same of Garopollo, they should not hesitate to give up the 1 pick for him.
How is this really saying anything. So.....if they think one of them is worthy of the #1 pick you should use it on them....Genius.

The problem lies in their thinking either being correct or incorrect.
Old 03-23-17, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
She's a moron.
Oh...that's just cruel. She always speaks highly of you.
Old 03-27-17, 10:34 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
The easiest job in Cleveland is the radio sports talk host. The only thing each of them needs to do ( and they all do this all day, every day) is to ask," Who should be the quarterback next year?" Then, just sit back and eat bonbons. Next day, "Who should be the quarterback next year?" More bonbons...
Old 03-28-17, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
The easiest job in Cleveland is the radio sports talk host. The only thing each of them needs to do ( and they all do this all day, every day) is to ask," Who should be the quarterback next year?" Then, just sit back and eat bonbons. Next day, "Who should be the quarterback next year?" More bonbons...

Tom 48 is absolutely right. Almost. Instead of asking who should be the Browns' quarterback every day, Brinda, Roda and the others alternate that question with "Who should the Browns' #1 pick be?" Sometimes the answer is one in the same.

And that's pretty much the extent of Cleveland sports talk radio.

Last edited by Metacomet; 04-04-17 at 10:30 AM..
Old 03-28-17, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
Tom 48 is absolutely right. Almost. Instead of asking who should be the Browns' quarterback every day, Brinda, Roda and the others alternate that question with "Who should the Browns' #1 pick be?" Sometimes the answer is one on the same.

And that's pretty much the extent of Cleveland sports talk radio.
The beautiful thing is that they get to do it every damn year because the Browns have a top 5 pick every year.

On the topic of Cleveland sports talk, has it ever been worse? Damn, we have more hosts than ever and it has never been so bad.
Old 03-28-17, 04:03 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The beautiful thing is that they get to do it every damn year because the Browns have a top 5 pick every year.

On the topic of Cleveland sports talk, has it ever been worse? Damn, we have more hosts than ever and it has never been so bad.
Most of them are millennials who have little to no experience, so they bring little insight to the discussion. They don't get paid much, so at least the stations aren't shelling out much dough. However, I doubt that any of them has taken an English course in school, because they totally butcher the language. But, if you want to hear about their latest date, or who the "hotties" are, then they are the ones to listen to.

Last edited by tom 48; 03-28-17 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-04-17, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Most of them are millennials who have little to no experience, so they bring little insight to the discussion. They don't get paid much, so at least the stations aren't shelling out much dough. However, I doubt that any of them has taken an English course in school, because they totally butcher the language. But, if you want to hear about their latest date, or who the "hotties" are, then they are the ones to listen to.
Nick Camino does an Indians radio show. Does he know the first thing about baseball? All he does is cheerlead: "The Indians, they can mash, baby!" "The Tribe, they've got heart, baby!" I'm sorry. I know the guy is a Solon High grad and all, but he's terrible.

And then there's Andre Knott. Talk about butchering the English language: "And he goes...", and I go...", and he goes...". Apparently, no one has told him that people "say" things; they don't "go" things. This guy is a graduate of some journalism school? I sure hope it's not Kent State.

Sorry. Didn't mean to get off the subject. I just had to vent.

Go Browns!! Make that first pick a good one!!
Old 04-07-17, 08:40 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Old 04-09-17, 07:06 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
I read a couple stats this weekend ... Does it make you rethink your positions?

1) Myles Garrett vs Rice, Lamar, L.Monroe, Nevada, and UTSA 15 sacks and 15 sacks vs everyone else (29 games)

2) Myles Garrett 12 sacks vs SEC opponents in 2014, 2015, and 16 ... Derek Barnett 12 sacks vs SEC opponents in 2016 (29 total in 14,15, & 16)

I really hope I am wrong, because it looks like the Browns are going to draft this guy, but to me these are the analytics I look at ... and there are some serious red flags ... I just don't think this guy is a "sure thing" as what the draft experts are saying ... I know he has eye popping talent, but so did Courtney Brown, Mike Mamalua, and Vernon Gholston, I really hope I am wrong and he comes in and plays like Von Miller. It just scares me that the Browns are going to pass on players I do think are talented AND plays hard like, Adams, Thomas, Hooker, Allen, Foster, Barnett or offensive studs like Howard, Fornicate, Wiiliams, Cook, McCaffrey, or Trubisky.
Old 04-09-17, 07:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post

A name to watch for next year is Josh Allen from Wyoming ... I know he is from a small conference, but this guy has all the skills you would want plus the "it" factor.
Old 04-09-17, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A name to watch for next year is Josh Allen from Wyoming ... I know he is from a small conference, but this guy has all the skills you would want plus the "it" factor.
The red flag is that Wyoming had 628 rushing attempts to 379 passing attempts. He also tends to throw a lot of int's; he was horrible against Nebraska.
Old 04-09-17, 02:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
The red flag is that Wyoming had 628 rushing attempts to 379 passing attempts. He also tends to throw a lot of int's; he was horrible against Nebraska.
A) He does not call the plays ... coaches choice. One of the best QB in Mount Union History was in the Wing-T in HS and hardly threw the ball, but he had great skills ... when asked to, threw it great.
B) It was his first year playing, on a below average team. Nebraska was his first or second start of his career.
C) If he throws that many INTs this up coming year, I will agree.
D) Skill set is very good, reminds me of a more athletic Phillip Rivers.

In the words of Hue Jackson ... trust me, this kid is going to be good (I think)
Old 04-09-17, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A) He does not call the plays ... coaches choice. ............................

Just pointing out that Wyoming was a power run team; the defenses he faced were out to stop the run, not the pass.
Old 04-10-17, 06:42 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
I hope they make a trade for two or three STARTERS,fill the holes now,the D needs a lot of help...BAM!
Old 04-10-17, 09:28 AM
All American

Man, with everything Myles Garrett is saying, sounds like he has zero drive to be any good. No motivation. /s
Old 04-10-17, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Man, with everything Myles Garrett is saying, sounds like he has zero drive to be any good. No motivation. /s
So, better take the best white QB with local roots that's out there, I guess ?