Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: What do the Browns do with the first pick?
Myles Garrett 24 57.14%
DeShaun Watson 4 9.52%
Mitch Trubisky 4 9.52%
Jonathan Allen 2 4.76%
Pick another player not listed 2 4.76%
Trade the pick 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-17, 06:54 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Oh, when they weren't the NFL and had just started a team? Christ you're a moron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-17, 08:05 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Oh, when they weren't the NFL and had just started a team? Christ you're a moron
The last tough guy that called me out was Frank Underwood,please don't bring Christ into it...Get Bent...BAM!
Old 03-03-17, 05:07 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
The last tough guy that called me out was Frank Underwood,please don't bring Christ into it...Get Bent...BAM!
What a d-bag that guy was......just turrible....
Old 03-03-17, 10:02 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
What a d-bag that guy was......just turrible....
Wonder what name he's using these days?
Old 03-04-17, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Wonder what name he's using these days?
Do you really not know who FU Kemp is these days ? I assume that you do, but much is lost in print....
Old 03-05-17, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Myles Garrett clocked a 4.64 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine; a 1.63 ten-yard split, 41-inch vertical, 10-foot-8 broad jump, and 33 reps on the bench. He was measured at 6-foot-5, 272 pounds with a 82 5/8-inch wingspan.

Unless someone offers their draft, Browns should take him with their first pick
Old 03-05-17, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Myles Garrett clocked a 4.64 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine; a 1.63 ten-yard split, 41-inch vertical, 10-foot-8 broad jump, and 33 reps on the bench. He was measured at 6-foot-5, 272 pounds with a 82 5/8-inch wingspan.

Yep, he's damn near made it impossible for them not to take him.
Old 03-05-17, 10:47 PM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Yep, he's damn near made it impossible for them not to take him.
As long as he tells them which plays he will "take off" ... great, building a team around a player who admits he doesn't play hard all the time ... How many of these "freaks" have come in and dominated the NFL?
Old 03-06-17, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
As long as he tells them which plays he will "take off" ... great, building a team around a player who admits he doesn't play hard all the time ... How many of these "freaks" have come in and dominated the NFL?
Agreed he tales plays off, but these NFL guys all think they're smarter and greater motivators than anyone else. If he's not the guy Joe, who is?
Old 03-06-17, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Have you ever played through an injury, joe ? Did you see any video of him from the previous season ? He fought with a high ankle sprain all this past season. Would it be better for his team to go flat out for 2Q, miss the next 10Q, and repeat every three games ? Think a little bit....
Old 03-06-17, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you really not know who FU Kemp is these days ? I assume that you do, but much is lost in print....
No, I don't. Know why? I don't give a rat's azz.
Old 03-06-17, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post

None of that equates to play on the field . garret only excelled against one team UTSA . he also begged jerry jones to do anything to keep him from going to cleveland. BUST
Old 03-06-17, 01:30 PM
Cooling Off

You're continually wrong in every post you make, I expect this one to be no different.
Old 03-06-17, 02:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You're continually wrong in every post you make, I expect this one to be no different.
yea just like when had OSU over clemson. lol
Old 03-06-17, 02:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
actually there is probably no poster in the history of any forum board as consistantly wrong as you. i get the feeling you are the worst in the world at everything.
Old 03-06-17, 02:53 PM
Cooling Off

Well that's simply not true: I'm better at speaking and typing in the English language than you are. Didn't even have to look up your posting history for that one. I also called for Clemson over OSU. Keep trying, maybe one day you'll be right about something.
Old 03-06-17, 11:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Well that's simply not true: I'm better at speaking and typing in the English language than you are. Didn't even have to look up your posting history for that one. I also called for Clemson over OSU. Keep trying, maybe one day you'll be right about something.
FAIL , good try
Old 03-07-17, 08:47 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
yea just like when had OSU over clemson. lol
Yup. You definitely have a better grasp on the English language than I do. What are you, brian's ratard of a cousin?
Old 03-07-17, 09:27 AM
Cooling Off

Browns should probably draft a new WR too, they're gonna be dumb enough to let Pryor go.
Old 03-07-17, 06:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Have you ever played through an injury, joe ? Did you see any video of him from the previous season ? He fought with a high ankle sprain all this past season. Would it be better for his team to go flat out for 2Q, miss the next 10Q, and repeat every three games ? Think a little bit....
These are the excuses I hate ... one play he blows by the OL and gets a sack, which makes you go wow ... then the next play when the play is run away from him and he jogs and gives absolutely no effort to make the play ... and it is because he is hurt TOTAL BS. I know he was hurt last year, he did not have them same explosiveness as the year before ... that does excuse you from giving 100% at least 90% of the time ... He jogged after plays two years ago when he was healthy.

These guys are killers ... If you draft them, they can be a real cancer to a young team. If your most talented player loafs and does not give full effort ... it can spread to the rest of the players. If you don't draft him, with his talent, he could be s stud that gets you fired for not drafting him.

As far as who I would draft ... I really don't know ... Without being privileged to really know what Garrett's work ethic is (he did bench 225 over thirty times) it is hard for me to say ... I just don't like the whole "everybody takes plays off" ... I will have to wait and see how the free agent and QB situations plays out.

Right now I would not mind trading out (not far) and taking one of the safeties (Hooker or Adams) or Trubisky. Then go after Soloman Thomas with the 12th pick. I really like the safeties and Thomas. I know he does not have the pure talent of Garrett, but plays much harder and more consistent.
Old 03-08-17, 08:21 AM
Cooling Off

Don't think Thomas will be there with the 12th. He's projected as the 3rd edge rusher to be draft by a lot of people. Derek Bennett wouldn't be a bad consolation though.
Old 03-08-17, 11:08 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Garrett all but said he doesnt want to play in cleveland. The Browns would have to be a totally inept to use the first pick on him. But i can see that you would do just that.
Old 03-08-17, 11:25 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Garrett all but said he doesnt want to play in cleveland. The Browns would have to be a totally inept to use the first pick on him. But i can see that you would do just that.
Um, have you paid attention to the Browns for the last 18 years?
Old 03-08-17, 12:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Um, have you paid attention to the Browns for the last 18 years?
Yes I have. I noticed the browns and yourself are in the same boat
Old 03-08-17, 12:55 PM
Cooling Off

So it sounds like the Browns will be drafting Garrett, according to you
Old 03-08-17, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
These are the excuses I hate ... one play he blows by the OL and gets a sack, which makes you go wow ... then the next play when the play is run away from him and he jogs and gives absolutely no effort to make the play ... and it is because he is hurt TOTAL BS. I know he was hurt last year, he did not have them same explosiveness as the year before ... that does excuse you from giving 100% at least 90% of the time ... He jogged after plays two years ago when he was healthy.

Right now I would not mind trading out (not far) and taking one of the safeties (Hooker or Adams) or Trubisky. Then go after Soloman Thomas with the 12th pick. I really like the safeties and Thomas. I know he does not have the pure talent of Garrett, but plays much harder and more consistent.
You really think at the pace most colleges run their offense now that DL are going to be able to go 100% every play? Of course they have to pick their spots. Garrett isn't going to be the same player if he's sprinting every time the ball is run away from him while being on the field for 70 snaps a game. You have to keep some juice saved for his primary function which is pressuring the pocket
Old 03-08-17, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
So it sounds like the Browns will be drafting Garrett, according to you
did i say that?
Old 03-08-17, 09:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubbs77 View Post
You really think at the pace most colleges run their offense now that DL are going to be able to go 100% every play? Of course they have to pick their spots. Garrett isn't going to be the same player if he's sprinting every time the ball is run away from him while being on the field for 70 snaps a game. You have to keep some juice saved for his primary function which is pressuring the pocket
I sure that is how Belichick sees it ... Saban, Lombardi, ... all the great coaches.

Why play a player 70 snaps if he is going to "take plays off" ... why not just play him on passing downs ... so he can do his "primary function" ... #1 picks overall are not just pass rushers. Great players make plays all over the field, not just when it comes their way. While understand that you might not go 100% a 100% of the time ... there is a reason why people are asking him about his effort ... because his effort is less than many other DLinemen.

There are reasons why NE wins championship ... without "difference makers" on defense ... because yes, they expect their players to play hard all the time. It is called a winners mentality ... something most Browns' fans can't/don't understand.
Old 03-09-17, 08:19 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
did i say that?
Yup.
Old 03-09-17, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I sure that is how Belichick sees it ... Saban, Lombardi, ... all the great coaches.

Why play a player 70 snaps if he is going to "take plays off" ... why not just play him on passing downs ... so he can do his "primary function" ... #1 picks overall are not just pass rushers. Great players make plays all over the field, not just when it comes their way. While understand that you might not go 100% a 100% of the time ... there is a reason why people are asking him about his effort ... because his effort is less than many other DLinemen.

There are reasons why NE wins championship ... without "difference makers" on defense ... because yes, they expect their players to play hard all the time. It is called a winners mentality ... something most Browns' fans can't/don't understand.
I'm curious Joe, who are the top D linemen in the NFL that don't take plays off?