Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-07-17, 11:34 AM
Varsity

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Week 10 is still filled by Farrell, and that is unlikely to change given the difficulty in finding an opponent with an opening week 10. Additionally, I think this will be a rough year for the green and white given the amount of people they are replacing on the defensive side of the ball. I realize that this three year stretch has been amazing, but many people tend to forget that their success was predicated upon their defense even three years ago. Many of those kids are now gone and they return I believe only one starter on defense. Coupled with the fact they open with a brutal stretch of good football teams, it may be a rough year.
Old 03-07-17, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
Week 10 is still filled by Farrell, and that is unlikely to change given the difficulty in finding an opponent with an opening week 10. Additionally, I think this will be a rough year for the green and white given the amount of people they are replacing on the defensive side of the ball. I realize that this three year stretch has been amazing, but many people tend to forget that their success was predicated upon their defense even three years ago. Many of those kids are now gone and they return I believe only one starter on defense. Coupled with the fact they open with a brutal stretch of good football teams, it may be a rough year.
Anything can happen as we saw this year, but I would agree with this assessment. The defense has been a constant these past 3 seasons.

- A lot of defensive starters to replace; including the most prolific tackler in the history of the program.

- Projected starting QB who is not as great of a running threat. Murphy was ridiculously shifty which made opposing defenses have to honor his running ability.

- Need to replace 2 starters on an O-Line that wasn't that good. On one hand, it should be easy to replace them since the line wasn't that good. On the other hand, how much quality was behind those 2 starters if they were good enough to be the starters?

- I'd guess that 90% of the receiving corps' productivity is gone.

- I'd also guess that 60-65% of the rushing productivity is gone. Chase Miller will be getting a lot more carries next fall.

- The punter and kicker are also gone. Granted, the kicker's brother is above average for a HS kicker, and the punter didn't have a huge leg, but he was good at kicking it away from the returners.

- Even more important than that is the fact that the last 3 teams had senior classes of about 15 players or more. Someone in this thread mentioned that next year's team will probably have only 9 seniors. Younger kids are going to have to be able to contribute.

Combine all of that with a schedule that is arguably more difficult than last year's (when I say more difficult, maybe teams like Perry, Jackson, and New Philly won't be as good, but they won't be horrible, and games that ended up being "breathers" like Minerva and Loudonville have been replaced by Strongsville and Winton Woods), and it's going to be a challenge. I don't envision many running clocks (at least not in CC's favor) that have been extremely helpful in keeping players healthy these past 3 seasons.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 03-08-17 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-08-17, 09:32 AM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Shout out to CCHS Basketball team on big win last Night... Best of luck with Knights!

Go Catholics!
Old 03-08-17, 10:05 AM
All District

andre is on a distinguished road
I ended up seeing one of the returning linemen out last night and talked about the up coming season, and he believes that they are more motivated this season than last season. For the QB spot Stone is an option, but the kid said there are two good freshman quarter backs that played JV last season but I don't know their names that could take the spot. He also mentioned how there is suppose to be two transfer students from Mckinley and perry that are coming for basketball but also might play football and they are both over 6 foot.
Old 03-16-17, 08:03 AM
All District

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
What's the latest info on Fr. Kaylor?