Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-19-17, 10:19 AM
cwade cwade is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-24-12
Posts: 6
cwade is on a distinguished road
Both teams had good years but saying Jackson is better then Massillon is way off. Lost to a week Hoover team. Massillon was 8-2
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-19-17, 10:42 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Look my friend please don't try to put any logic around this. Look at the damn circus that transpired over there this year because of them. It started with the live tiger fiasco and just spiraled downhill from there. There is no logic. Believe me. Now, one of those geriatrics of whom I speak will be on here real soon chastising me, calling me a liar, saying I don't know anything, etc. And he will be dead wrong on all counts. The only thing is he has zero, and I mean ZERO power or influence. Believe me.
Ohh I believe you that its a mess. Nothing surprises me, I was born in Massillon, grew up there, went to St Mary, I know the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-19-17, 11:58 AM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,266
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Massillon don't want nothing to do with CCHS

Come on Tiger posters - I got some CCHS believers with me know

Central could have/would have/and will (if given a chance) beat Massillon!

3 - State Titles Now my friends! - and we just beat the King at the Shoe!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-19-17, 12:21 PM
cwade cwade is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-24-12
Posts: 6
cwade is on a distinguished road
Well they did win a state title so sure they could have possibly beat Massillon last year. Central lost a tone of key players! I would love to see them on the schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-19-17, 12:30 PM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
The past 3 seasons, Central would have hung with the Tigers. Im not saying CCC would have won all 3, but they would not have lost 3 either. Would have been fun to watch, that i do know.

If you don't believe they would have, you are are drinking too much of the Tiger Kool Aid.


Last edited by The Veer; 01-20-17 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-23-17, 12:29 PM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 72
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Not to get too far off from bashing Massillon, which I agree would be a fun series, but CCC has a week 10 game against Farrell again. Provided they do not qualify for the playoffs and decide they don't want to come down here for a tail whipping.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-23-17, 12:46 PM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 4,727
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Canton McKinley vs Canton Central Catholic (15-1) (1963 - 1998)

It's January 23, 2017.

It's a shame that Canton McKinley can't find room to play Canton Central Catholic.

When I went to Canton McKinley, Canton Central Catholic was on the our schedule. Canton Central Catholic play hard football against the bulldogs.

Honest, they would of beat the bulldogs this past season.

Congrats, winning the Division V by beating Coldwater.



This is IUDOGS signing off.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-23-17, 01:17 PM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUDOGS View Post
It's January 23, 2017.

It's a shame that Canton McKinley can't find room to play Canton Central Catholic.

When I went to Canton McKinley, Canton Central Catholic was on the our schedule. Canton Central Catholic play hard football against the bulldogs.

Honest, they would of beat the bulldogs this past season.

Congrats, winning the Division V by beating Coldwater.



This is IUDOGS signing off.
Well that 1988 year that we beat you.... was a year we won a state title, so we may have had a shot this year.

Played against the Bulldogs all 4 years, Freshman though Varsity... always a tough game. I remember some close games in the 90's too, an OT game and a Fake punt for a TD to win a game for the Dogs if i can remember correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-23-17, 02:12 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 112
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
CCC has said no to MCK several times over the last several years.

both have same opening this year coming up

CCC is done playing MCK - so the they would have beat them this year statement is about as dumb of a post as there is when they could play them and prove if they could beat them. CCC beat jackson but in a way had the unfair advantage of having their whole coaching staff in the endzone of their stadium to watch the game.

and while I don't read anyone from CCC on here saying this - there is always that one guy when I am out that claims CCC would run the Fed - ok that's a fun statement, but until you play them all week to week back to back then

I think CCC is a solid program with many respectable people running it. They win big games, and push in the playoffs, what I wonder is why aren't they playing Mooney and Ursaline year in and year out?

I don't expect CCC to play MCK - that is crazy talk.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-24-17, 01:17 PM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 72
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
CCC has said no to MCK several times over the last several years.

both have same opening this year coming up

CCC is done playing MCK - so the they would have beat them this year statement is about as dumb of a post as there is when they could play them and prove if they could beat them. CCC beat jackson but in a way had the unfair advantage of having their whole coaching staff in the endzone of their stadium to watch the game.

and while I don't read anyone from CCC on here saying this - there is always that one guy when I am out that claims CCC would run the Fed - ok that's a fun statement, but until you play them all week to week back to back then

I think CCC is a solid program with many respectable people running it. They win big games, and push in the playoffs, what I wonder is why aren't they playing Mooney and Ursaline year in and year out?

I don't expect CCC to play MCK - that is crazy talk.
I am not sure which part of this post to address first, but how would having their coaching staff in end zone of a game be a benefit, or even a reality? Are you talking about the coaches scouting Jackson beforehand? Again, nothing really weird about that, but also should mention that McKinley has a great end zone shot of every game from their student volunteers who film the game and provide instant analysis on the sideline. Jackson lost that game because they played very sloppy football (personal fouls, turnovers) and because they never adjusted to the RPOs that CCC utilized.

Did CCC say no to McKinley this year? Possibly, but to my knowledge that was never a discussion as a potential for a game. Has CCC said no to McKinley in the past? Probably.

As to why they no longer play Mooney or Ursuline, I believe that has to do with the philosophical differences in program administration. I also know that CCC does not have the reputation for dodging opponents, but maybe you know more than me.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-24-17, 03:57 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 112
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Hoban
St V
Mooney
Ursaline
St Thomas

gee here is half a schedule - with teams that year in and year out seem to be looking to fill a schedule. Here is a second half of the season they could all play and not struggle to find games.

philosophical differences of program administration.

thats why two faith based catholic schools do not play? That's the reason/excuse? remember we are talking football here not foreign policy or legislation.

wow - do you really buy that? to me that is weak really weak and on the street sounds like dodging opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-24-17, 04:16 PM
andre andre is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-13-15
Posts: 106
andre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
Hoban
St V
Mooney
Ursaline
St Thomas

gee here is half a schedule - with teams that year in and year out seem to be looking to fill a schedule. Here is a second half of the season they could all play and not struggle to find games.

philosophical differences of program administration.

thats why two faith based catholic schools do not play? That's the reason/excuse? remember we are talking football here not foreign policy or legislation.

wow - do you really buy that? to me that is weak really weak and on the street sounds like dodging opponents.
If we were dodging opponents we wouldn't have the schedule that we have now. No we don't have a big catholic school on the schedule yet but, we do have is
D1 Jackson(made playoffs)
D2 Perry(State runner-up)
D2 Winton Woods
D2 Wooster
D3 New philly( regional runner-up)
D4 Bellevue(playoffs)
D6 St.Thomas(playoffs)
We will have one of the toughest schedule in all of D5. We are not scared to play any of the teams that you mentioned above, we beat urusline in 2014 20-6 they onlymade two fields goals.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-25-17, 09:57 AM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 72
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
Hoban
St V
Mooney
Ursaline
St Thomas

gee here is half a schedule - with teams that year in and year out seem to be looking to fill a schedule. Here is a second half of the season they could all play and not struggle to find games.

philosophical differences of program administration.

thats why two faith based catholic schools do not play? That's the reason/excuse? remember we are talking football here not foreign policy or legislation.

wow - do you really buy that? to me that is weak really weak and on the street sounds like dodging opponents.
Again, your ignorance is bleeding through your posts, but I will provide the banter you so desperately seek. CCC has played all of those teams in the past, and there are very good reasons as to why they do not play. If you cannot understand the polite way in which I worded the reason, that is not my problem. But I will spell it out as best I can without starting a war on here. Do yourself a favor and look at the amount of Division 1 recruits that have come from Mooney, St. V, Ursuline and Hoban. Then look at how many Division 1 recruits that have come from CCC.


If that doesn't paint a clear picture for you, then I am not sure you are capable of understanding. Additionally, as another poster stated, why would a team with about 40 or so kids want to subject themselves to the physical grind of a schedule that would be pound for pound one of the most difficult in the state? That is not a recipe for sustained success in a small school, but you probably know that already.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-25-17, 10:26 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,443
Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
We will have one of the toughest schedule in all of D5.
That's cute an all but you won't be in d5. You've been one of the best d3 teams in d5 for a few years. Now you'll be in d4.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-25-17, 11:12 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
CCC has said no to MCK several times over the last several years.

both have same opening this year coming up

CCC is done playing MCK - so the they would have beat them this year statement is about as dumb of a post as there is when they could play them and prove if they could beat them. CCC beat jackson but in a way had the unfair advantage of having their whole coaching staff in the endzone of their stadium to watch the game.

and while I don't read anyone from CCC on here saying this - there is always that one guy when I am out that claims CCC would run the Fed - ok that's a fun statement, but until you play them all week to week back to back then

I think CCC is a solid program with many respectable people running it. They win big games, and push in the playoffs, what I wonder is why aren't they playing Mooney and Ursaline year in and year out?

I don't expect CCC to play MCK - that is crazy talk.

The funny thing was that IUDOGS (A MCK FAN) was the one that said that CCC would have beat Mck this year.... I simply said that we would have had a shot. (We beat McK once and had many close games in the past, its not impossible. )

Also, Ursuline has been non-existent that past 2 Seasons... but in 2014 they did happen to make the Regional Final. They lost that game 20-6 to Canton Central Catholic LOL I was there, it was a good win.

Does it matter that we have not scheduled either team recently, i could care less seeing as how we made the State Championship final the past 3 seasons. We never really played Ursuline all the much in the past to begin with. We did play Mooney regularly and JFK, but not Ursuline. I like the schedule that gets us to the playoffs and beyond, not some Catholic league that you think we belong in, its only YOUR opinion, glad its NOT fact ! LOL glad you are not our AD

And i will say you are right, we likely could not compete week in and week out in the Fed.. but the past few seasons it seems that the Fed has struggled to compete with us for 1 or 2 games. Pretty damn good for a D5 school... or as Journey would say a D3 school.

CCC will have the toughest D5 schedule this year period, you are a delusional if you think otherwise. And as others have said, it might be a long year with that schedule and what we have coming back, only time will tell.

What is CRAZY talk is about some non-sense about coaches in the endzone... i see you never address it back after you were called out on it. What were you talking about? Clueless if you ask me. Maybe do some research before you rookies start posting on here
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-25-17, 11:19 AM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,274
4cards is on a distinguished road
...Canton Central has a nice program and played a great game vs Coldwater. It sure would be nice to see CCC and Mooney hook again in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-25-17, 11:28 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Lenten Sacrifice: Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Avon
Posts: 18,956
EagleFan will become famous soon enough
Central Cathoic 2017
8/25 A Bellevue
9/1 H Massillon Perry
9/8 Unknown Opponent
9/14 A Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas
9/22 H New Philadelphia
9/29 Unknown Opponent
10/6 H Cincinnati Winton Woods
10/13 H Massillon Jackson
10/20 H Wooster
10/27 Unknown Opponent


any updates?

I'm not believing Farrell for Week 10.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-25-17, 11:33 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...Canton Central has a nice program and played a great game vs Coldwater. It sure would be nice to see CCC and Mooney hook again in the future.
I would enjoy it also.. we played them a few seasons when i played. Always a tough game and opponent. Great respect for them !!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-25-17, 01:55 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 112
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
starbuck your mildly sarcastic digs are not wasted - I am picking up what you are saying - you do not need to insult then say "i dont want to start a war" LOLOL soft

but I will be blunt, your reason was sissyfied. Thats my opinion it has nothing to do with understanding - youngstown isn't far - you will play a public D1 but not a catholic D4

the "they have more D1 guys" is a soft excuse

take or leave it

mooney is usually d4 and ursaline d5

I am not saying you or andre, but I am saying many of the CCC fans I do encounter want to talk alot bigger than you guys on here are admitting. I call out steubenville for dodging mooney as well. SUre they will play ursaline from time to time but why not mooney? same with you all - cool you play Jackson. I personally think it is funny Catholic schools avoiding playing Catholic schools and I am not even meaning the bigs like IGGY EDS X and so on.

I like trucker - I hope he keeps winning a crap ton of games and making pushes deep into the playoffs. Had the honor of knowing Coach Klinefelter as well and always respected him and the job he did there.

and so you know I don't care what IUDOGS says on here - he is entitled to his opinion just like you are and just like I am.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-25-17, 05:07 PM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
starbuck your mildly sarcastic digs are not wasted - I am picking up what you are saying - you do not need to insult then say "i dont want to start a war" LOLOL soft

but I will be blunt, your reason was sissyfied. Thats my opinion it has nothing to do with understanding - youngstown isn't far - you will play a public D1 but not a catholic D4

the "they have more D1 guys" is a soft excuse

take or leave it

mooney is usually d4 and ursaline d5

I am not saying you or andre, but I am saying many of the CCC fans I do encounter want to talk alot bigger than you guys on here are admitting. I call out steubenville for dodging mooney as well. SUre they will play ursaline from time to time but why not mooney? same with you all - cool you play Jackson. I personally think it is funny Catholic schools avoiding playing Catholic schools and I am not even meaning the bigs like IGGY EDS X and so on.

I like trucker - I hope he keeps winning a crap ton of games and making pushes deep into the playoffs. Had the honor of knowing Coach Klinefelter as well and always respected him and the job he did there.

and so you know I don't care what IUDOGS says on here - he is entitled to his opinion just like you are and just like I am.

So you see it as CCC dodging Mooney with no proof. Im sure the past 3 seasons other people opinions might be that Mooney is dodging us? Mmmm

Since you know both Coach K (Who NEVER dodged ANYONE EVER) and Trucker and our schools mentality about who they schedule, you think we are really scared to play Mooney?

One thing i do know, is we probably get 4x or 5x the gate $ playing Jackson vs Mooney.

I'd rather play Mooney year in and year out then Perry, but that is just my Opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-25-17, 07:02 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,571
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...Canton Central has a nice program and played a great game vs Coldwater. It sure would be nice to see CCC and Mooney hook again in the future.
CCC has to be smart about their schedule. THey already have it loaded and don't need to add in another big time matchup, unless they drop another one.

The main goal it so make it to the playoffs, and they do so. They obviously have been improving so that is also paramount.

Would it be nice for you all? Probably, but CCC needs to look out for #1 and that is getting their program into and prepared for the playoffs
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-26-17, 09:03 AM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 72
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
starbuck your mildly sarcastic digs are not wasted - I am picking up what you are saying - you do not need to insult then say "i dont want to start a war" LOLOL soft

but I will be blunt, your reason was sissyfied. Thats my opinion it has nothing to do with understanding - youngstown isn't far - you will play a public D1 but not a catholic D4

the "they have more D1 guys" is a soft excuse

take or leave it

mooney is usually d4 and ursaline d5

I am not saying you or andre, but I am saying many of the CCC fans I do encounter want to talk alot bigger than you guys on here are admitting. I call out steubenville for dodging mooney as well. SUre they will play ursaline from time to time but why not mooney? same with you all - cool you play Jackson. I personally think it is funny Catholic schools avoiding playing Catholic schools and I am not even meaning the bigs like IGGY EDS X and so on.

I like trucker - I hope he keeps winning a crap ton of games and making pushes deep into the playoffs. Had the honor of knowing Coach Klinefelter as well and always respected him and the job he did there.

and so you know I don't care what IUDOGS says on here - he is entitled to his opinion just like you are and just like I am.
Clearly you are missing the point of my posts and that is completely fine. As for the reason behind playing Jackson rather than Mooney, it is a heated rivalry among the students. Many of these players know each other and have grown up together, so a game like Jackson is much more valuable, for both programs than traveling to Youngstown.

Now, let me try to spell something out more clearly for you, if so many teams are "dodging" Mooney, what does that tell you? If teams like CCC are willing to play a two time state runner up in D2 and other D1 teams, rather than play Mooney, that speaks volumes and you may have to read between the lines. I understand the frustration that comes with scheduling as a perennial power, but when your reputation is muddied that makes the process that much harder. There is a reason that these teams are unable to schedule games year in and year out and it has very little to do with being so superior to their opponents. Look at a team like Coldwater, they never have a problem filling a schedule with quality non-league opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-26-17, 11:05 AM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 112
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
not missing any point

your Coldwater mention is bogus - here's why filling weeks 1-3 is totally different than 4-10. Coldwater is in a league they only need to fill 3 games a year.

I was merely commenting on the who do we have this week or that week.

ok here are 6 teams relatively close that are all sharing the same faith based mission under the same doctrine which is the catholic religion....that all around do not play each other.

I always checked up the people that didn't play Mooney as they didn't think they could beat them. Ok that is legit. But you sited it as some mumbo jumbo difference in administration blah blah.

Look play who you want. Use whatever reasoning you want respell it call those that see it other ways ignorant however you would like, by doing this you make the stereotype of many of those that practice the religion that if you don't follow their word to a T then you were heathen and wrong. Egocentric.

Heck with the new competitive balance - maybe we will find both schools in the same division and in the playoffs together. Would be a great game and I would hope CCC would win.

If you play perry and jackson for the gate ok just say. You don't play mooney because you think it will be a bad gate, ok then. But don't try to float out there that they run their program any different than any other catholic school - CCC recruits the same as any other or I wouldn't have had a couple fellas on my front porch trying to get me to take my son who was playing QB in Canton Midget Football to St. Joes a couple years ago ( I do understand it is closed now.) I am not mad about this or think they did anything wrong. It is what they can do, so why shouldn't they. Playing Perry and Jackson probably benefits recruiting as well.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-26-17, 11:33 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
not missing any point

your Coldwater mention is bogus - here's why filling weeks 1-3 is totally different than 4-10. Coldwater is in a league they only need to fill 3 games a year.

I was merely commenting on the who do we have this week or that week.

ok here are 6 teams relatively close that are all sharing the same faith based mission under the same doctrine which is the catholic religion....that all around do not play each other.

I always checked up the people that didn't play Mooney as they didn't think they could beat them. Ok that is legit. But you sited it as some mumbo jumbo difference in administration blah blah.

Look play who you want. Use whatever reasoning you want respell it call those that see it other ways ignorant however you would like, by doing this you make the stereotype of many of those that practice the religion that if you don't follow their word to a T then you were heathen and wrong. Egocentric.

Heck with the new competitive balance - maybe we will find both schools in the same division and in the playoffs together. Would be a great game and I would hope CCC would win.

If you play perry and jackson for the gate ok just say. You don't play mooney because you think it will be a bad gate, ok then. But don't try to float out there that they run their program any different than any other catholic school - CCC recruits the same as any other or I wouldn't have had a couple fellas on my front porch trying to get me to take my son who was playing QB in Canton Midget Football to St. Joes a couple years ago ( I do understand it is closed now.) I am not mad about this or think they did anything wrong. It is what they can do, so why shouldn't they. Playing Perry and Jackson probably benefits recruiting as well.
So what i deduced from this is because some guys came on your porch asking about St Joe's they then were some how recruiting for CCC ??? Im pretty sure St Joe didnt even have a football team then, they were down to like 97 kids in the whole school, when that school use to have a thousand kids back when times were good. If my school is down that low in numbers i would be very concerned, as a parent i would also likely reach out to people trying to gain support and larger classes in fear my school might close, which it did. My guess, these were parents of kids playing in the same league and not coaches, Correct? Not that you would admit that.

95% of the people around the Canton area would say CCC is a clean program vs some of the other NEO Catholics around. Even on here i only see a few here and there complain, few of which are from the area. I left that 5% off because you are always going to have the naysayers, such as yourself. If you really believe CCC runs the same type of program as StV or Hoban is pulling now, then you obviously need to look into things further.

Since at 11/12 years old your kid was such a stud QB, then he obviously must have to be the best QB in the county now. What team does he play for? What were his Freshman or JV numbers like this year?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-26-17, 12:09 PM
Starkbuck Starkbuck is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-30-16
Posts: 72
Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
not missing any point

your Coldwater mention is bogus - here's why filling weeks 1-3 is totally different than 4-10. Coldwater is in a league they only need to fill 3 games a year.

I was merely commenting on the who do we have this week or that week.

ok here are 6 teams relatively close that are all sharing the same faith based mission under the same doctrine which is the catholic religion....that all around do not play each other.

I always checked up the people that didn't play Mooney as they didn't think they could beat them. Ok that is legit. But you sited it as some mumbo jumbo difference in administration blah blah.

Look play who you want. Use whatever reasoning you want respell it call those that see it other ways ignorant however you would like, by doing this you make the stereotype of many of those that practice the religion that if you don't follow their word to a T then you were heathen and wrong. Egocentric.

Heck with the new competitive balance - maybe we will find both schools in the same division and in the playoffs together. Would be a great game and I would hope CCC would win.

If you play perry and jackson for the gate ok just say. You don't play mooney because you think it will be a bad gate, ok then. But don't try to float out there that they run their program any different than any other catholic school - CCC recruits the same as any other or I wouldn't have had a couple fellas on my front porch trying to get me to take my son who was playing QB in Canton Midget Football to St. Joes a couple years ago ( I do understand it is closed now.) I am not mad about this or think they did anything wrong. It is what they can do, so why shouldn't they. Playing Perry and Jackson probably benefits recruiting as well.
You may want to fact check yourself before you look truly ignorant and stupid. CCC does not recruit! I will even go as far to say they do a better job recruiting for public schools than their own! I am not sure what proof you would need, but maybe look at Keith Wakefield's input from this year's repository reiterating the fact that they get more of CCC's kids if anything. So, no, all parochial schools do not play by the same rules and that is very well known. CCC is well respected in the Stark County area and that is not some egocentric propaganda.

My original comment about philosophical differences in administration was referring to the football programs, not the schools. If you really believe that every parochial school is playing by the same set of rules, that is just ridiculous. Furthermore, it is insane for a team that has about 45 kids in uniform to play powerhouse teams week in and week out.

While I have not been posting on this site long, you can check every fact I have posted on here and you will find 100% truth. You may call it dodging, making excuses or even alternative facts, but you continue to show how little you know about this program.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-26-17, 01:26 PM
Bandit22 Bandit22 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-12-16
Posts: 112
Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
LOLOLOL

look guys you don't know what they said. And maybe as is the case in MASSILLON - no official paid employee of the said school is the one recruiting but as you know you have some special people around any program and yes they were recruiting. Never did anyone say anything about anyone being a stud but when you answer the door and the convo starts with "hey we saw your son play he is a solid player...." then the topic was breeched using football. And you had a former middle school coach from st mikes also talk about bringing my son to their really nice school and get him out of the city. Deny it all you like.

Ok you say they don't recruit. But all Private parochial schools have the same rules to go by, whether they do or don't is up to them.

for arguments sake you say I know little about the program....ok well I know you don't play a catholic school just to the east of Canton that is just one division up. And a poster cited the reason as philo diffferences in admin of program - I say that is a sissyfied excuse. we disagree then.

no sense in arguing opinions - must have hit a nerve
no where did I say they had a dirty program, continue to argue as you like. I even said not people on here but guys I have encountered act a certain way. Look everyone has THOSE FANS - if you guys think you are without them then you are fools.

Again I root for the crusaders and am glad they have pushed last couple years. But you are a catholic school and you can recruit, whether you believe you do or don't is your problem or advantage. You boys need to chill - its internet banter about sports. Go tell on me to God but be careful he may tell you that the excuse was sissyfied as well. LOLOL have a great day fellas I am out. enjoy
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-26-17, 05:34 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,571
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
not missing any point

your Coldwater mention is bogus - here's why filling weeks 1-3 is totally different than 4-10. Coldwater is in a league they only need to fill 3 games a year.

I was merely commenting on the who do we have this week or that week.

ok here are 6 teams relatively close that are all sharing the same faith based mission under the same doctrine which is the catholic religion....that all around do not play each other.

I always checked up the people that didn't play Mooney as they didn't think they could beat them. Ok that is legit. But you sited it as some mumbo jumbo difference in administration blah blah.

Look play who you want. Use whatever reasoning you want respell it call those that see it other ways ignorant however you would like, by doing this you make the stereotype of many of those that practice the religion that if you don't follow their word to a T then you were heathen and wrong. Egocentric.

Heck with the new competitive balance - maybe we will find both schools in the same division and in the playoffs together. Would be a great game and I would hope CCC would win.

If you play perry and jackson for the gate ok just say. You don't play mooney because you think it will be a bad gate, ok then. But don't try to float out there that they run their program any different than any other catholic school - CCC recruits the same as any other or I wouldn't have had a couple fellas on my front porch trying to get me to take my son who was playing QB in Canton Midget Football to St. Joes a couple years ago ( I do understand it is closed now.) I am not mad about this or think they did anything wrong. It is what they can do, so why shouldn't they. Playing Perry and Jackson probably benefits recruiting as well.
Coldwater and MAC teams only have to fill 2 weeks, 1 and 2. Number of years ago it was week 1 and then each week one team had to find a NL game the rest of the season. Finding NL games in week 5-10 was very tough so they added Anna, giving them only 1 NL game. That was short lived, 2 years I think, when a good 8-2 team missed the playoffs because of the lack of NL games so they went to a rotating schedule every 2 years where the top team doesnt play the bottom, 2nd top not the 2 worst, and so on. That got the league back on track and able to get more teams into the playoffs and once MAC teams get to the postseason they win at an unprecedented rate.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-26-17, 11:22 PM
16B Gappit Power 16B Gappit Power is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-11-14
Location: Klinefelter Blvd.
Posts: 174
16B Gappit Power is on a distinguished road
In other Central news, former CCC '95 grad Jason Simonetti has been named the Head Football Coach of the Brecksville Bees! Great former player for Central and a better person. He will make a fine mentor to the young men at Brecksville High School
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-27-17, 09:52 AM
The Veer The Veer is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Location: Stark County
Posts: 527
The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
LOLOLOL

look guys you don't know what they said. And maybe as is the case in MASSILLON - no official paid employee of the said school is the one recruiting but as you know you have some special people around any program and yes they were recruiting. Never did anyone say anything about anyone being a stud but when you answer the door and the convo starts with "hey we saw your son play he is a solid player...." then the topic was breeched using football. And you had a former middle school coach from st mikes also talk about bringing my son to their really nice school and get him out of the city. Deny it all you like.
So i was correct, just another parent Thanks !! All i wanted to know
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-27-17, 06:42 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Face down in the gutter
Posts: 16,802
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16B Gappit Power View Post
In other Central news, former CCC '95 grad Jason Simonetti has been named the Head Football Coach of the Brecksville Bees! Great former player for Central and a better person. He will make a fine mentor to the young men at Brecksville High School
I remember him. Not the biggest guy, but tough and more than held his own as a lineman.

Great to hear that another former Crusader is in the coaching ranks. There are probably more out there than I realize, but I rarely hear much about them unless they spent some time on the CCC staff.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of Baseball State Championships (1928-2016) Yappi Baseball 32 12-16-16 08:10 AM
Ohio Week 10 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:26 PM
Ohio Week 5 Schedule EagleFan St Edward Eagles 1 07-26-16 02:06 PM
2016 Football Schedules Yappi Football 45 04-08-16 11:40 AM
Akron City Series/Summit County Pick 'Em Week 13: The Playoff Edition North Viking Football 21 11-21-15 03:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz