Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-18-16, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Thank you.
Old 11-18-16, 03:34 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Well Mogadore has always been the smallest school. They and Windham. They haven't left the league because they were the smallest. Do you realize Crestwood enrollment and Field's have decreased greatly. Crestwood only had 24 football
players this year. Their classes are averaging about 130 students. Not that much more than Waterloo. Waterloo dressed more football players than Crestwood! ! Mogadore class size about 60 per class. They could take the route of Waterloo but don't. I guess we will see how successful the Vikings are. I hear no PTC teams are scheduling them including long time rival Rootstown!
Old 11-18-16, 04:30 PM
All District

ball 4 is on a distinguished road
Do you realize the people who decided to move Waterloo to the MVC are no longer at the school. We can live on the money that is going to be spent on gas. You are very right about Rootstown
Old 11-18-16, 05:38 PM
Junior Varsity

YtownFootballFan11 is on a distinguished road
Not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
No one worth anything wants to coach there! Heck their best freshman went to struthers this year. I'm not 100% sure but a lot of people are claiming politics. And in a town like lowellville. I don't find that hard to believe.
First off, their best freshman did not leave Lowellville. The student that left for Struthers was a good athlete, but from what I hear he fizzled out at Struthers and his family wants him to come back to Lowellville. Their best freshman is Vinnie Kacir, 2 way starter and all ITCL honorable mention as a freshman! They lost 4 seniors and they are returning more twenty letterman. They were very youngg this year and still will be, but these young guys either have a year or two years of full game experience. So what I'm trying to say is they will be definitely better next year and I think they will be in the majority of their games.
Old 11-19-16, 12:45 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
I didn't say the kid was good but he was the best or second best kid on their jr high team.

Came into a class at struthers that is really good and probably won't ever touch the ball. Better suited for lowellville but I understand the kid loves Struthers. If he works hard he will be just fine.
Old 12-01-16, 04:27 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering if their will be any movement in divisions due to the competitive balance next year. McDonald was only 4 over the cutoff for D7, reserve was pretty close too. Could really benefit to get out of that loaded D6 region where it takes a ton to get in to and you're looking at running into CH or Kirtland in round 2. Both WR and McDonald have the talent coming up to compete at the regional level in D7.
Old 12-01-16, 04:49 PM
All American

Kirtland Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I'm wondering if their will be any movement in divisions due to the competitive balance next year. McDonald was only 4 over the cutoff for D7, reserve was pretty close too. Could really benefit to get out of that loaded D6 region where it takes a ton to get in to and you're looking at running into CH or Kirtland in round 2. Both WR and McDonald have the talent coming up to compete at the regional level in D7.
Kingpin, I really like you and your posts, so please don't take my next comment the wrong way.

Instead of trying to find ways to avoid CH and Kirtland, McDonald should be trying to find ways to beat CH and Kirtland. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. McDonald's goal shouldn't be simply to be competitive, it should be to beat every single team, including teams like Kirtland and CH, no matter what division they are in. Look at Marion Local. Those guys play perennial D5 champ Coldwater every year, usually in close games. Facing tough competition serves as a measuring stick by which teams can get better and hopefully win it all.

Kirtland used to regularly run into a buzz saw Youngstown Ursuline team in the playoffs before 2011, and could never beat those guys. It forced Kirtland to get better and stronger each year until they finally were able to get over the hump and beat Ursuline in 2012. It wasn't easy, and the butt-kickings at the hands of Ursuline were no fun, but Kirtland learned from those bad experiences, and it motivated them to get better. The lesson learned is that Kirtland had to work harder in the offseasons in the weight room and conditioning to compete with Ursuline. McDonald can do the same thing as long as the kids are motivated on their own to work hard during the offseason. Hoping that CB bumps you down a division is defeatist talk. What happens if Marion Local, Kirtland and/or CH gets bumped down a division? If I'm McDonald's coach, I try to schedule either Kirtland or CH during the regular season, no matter what division Mcdonald is in with the intention of improving McDonald's team for the playoffs. As long as McDonald has a good coach and dedicated kids, they can accomplish remarkable things. CH and Kirtland are examples of that.
Old 12-01-16, 05:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland Fan View Post
Kingpin, I really like you and your posts, so please don't take my next comment the wrong way.

Instead of trying to find ways to avoid CH and Kirtland, McDonald should be trying to find ways to beat CH and Kirtland. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. McDonald's goal shouldn't be simply to be competitive, it should be to beat every single team, including teams like Kirtland and CH, no matter what division they are in. Look at Marion Local. Those guys play perennial D5 champ Coldwater every year, usually in close games. Facing tough competition serves as a measuring stick by which teams can get better and hopefully win it all.

Kirtland used to regularly run into a buzz saw Youngstown Ursuline team in the playoffs before 2011, and could never beat those guys. It forced Kirtland to get better and stronger each year until they finally were able to get over the hump and beat Ursuline in 2012. It wasn't easy, and the butt-kickings at the hands of Ursuline were no fun, but Kirtland learned from those bad experiences, and it motivated them to get better. The lesson learned is that Kirtland had to work harder in the offseasons in the weight room and conditioning to compete with Ursuline. McDonald can do the same thing as long as the kids are motivated on their own to work hard during the offseason. Hoping that CB bumps you down a division is defeatist talk. What happens if Marion Local, Kirtland and/or CH gets bumped down a division? If I'm McDonald's coach, I try to schedule either Kirtland or CH during the regular season, no matter what division Mcdonald is in with the intention of improving McDonald's team for the playoffs. As long as McDonald has a good coach and dedicated kids, they can accomplish remarkable things. CH and Kirtland are examples of that.
Oh I definitely don't take it the wrong way and I agree to a point. McDonald has always competed in the lowest division and when we made our runs to state in 89 and 94 they were in the smallest classifications at the time. The current day D6 is the majority of the old D5 with a few D6 schools. I didn't necessarily mean it as defeatist, just as the smallest classification is where we've always played.

D7 isn't exactly chump programs, Moggy has owned us and JFK/St. Paul have us some humbling losses in 07 and 08. I wasn't necessarily hoping, just meant it could be a benefit to drop down compared to staying up. We can't control where we fall and we'll line up against everybody, even if it's to take a beating like Kirtland gave us in 2013.

You're correct though that it all starts right now, in the weight room working to get better. We had a solid team this year that seemed to make a key mistake in the worst time, separating this squad from the 6-4 it ended up to the 8-2, 9-1 it could've been. Just look at Springfield who Kirtland saw in week 12, we took it to them in week 2, held them under 200 yards and beat them by 10. But the team, with I believe 7 sophomores getting a start at some point last year including an all-state honorable mention, has to work their butts off this off-season to get to that level. As far as schedule, McDonald has beefed it up the past few years which has been a good surprise and I think has started to pay off. Like I said, the quality of this team was good despite the 6-4 record. Just this past year the out of league schedule was: 9-2 D5 R17 #1 seed south range, 9-3 D6 R21 #2 seed Springfield and 8-4 D5 R17 #7 seed black river. McDonald actually played Cuyahaga Heights recently, and beat them 35-3 in 2014. We'll see, the 9th and 10th grade numbers were great and look talented, maybe they will make a run at Kirtland, but it'll take a lot. Kirtland has crushed all of our league teams the last few years (McDonald, WR, and Springfield).
Old 12-08-16, 04:16 PM
Varsity

BCWRFan is on a distinguished road
The new league looks to be a 3 Team Race the next couple of years, it sounds like WR, McDonald, and Springfield are loaded with young talent, and good coaching.

I am also curious to see where WR ends up, DVI or DVII next year, I believe we were at 104 this past season, the DVII cut was 99. Not that DVII playoff games get any easier with Mogadore, JFK, St. Paul programs always there as well. The NE regions in DVI and DVII always seem to have 3-4 really good teams in the playoffs, lots of good small school football played here. We (WR) played CH and Independence for a couple years as well, some good games, would love to see us hook up with Kirtland for a home-and-home, always good to see where you stand.

I am hoping coach Hake runs more Stack-I or at least commits to running the ball more next year, we won't be as big on the O-line as we have been in the past, which also means the same thing for the D-line, but we will have more quality lineman and overall team speed. This past season, especially early in the year, the inexperience on the Defensive side cost us at least 1 game (Columbiana), will be better this year.

Time will tell who pulls out the inaugural League Champion but I foresee some really good games coming up. Good Luck to everyone!

We-are-WR
Old 12-08-16, 06:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWRFan View Post
The new league looks to be a 3 Team Race the next couple of years, it sounds like WR, McDonald, and Springfield are loaded with young talent, and good coaching.

I am also curious to see where WR ends up, DVI or DVII next year, I believe we were at 104 this past season, the DVII cut was 99. Not that DVII playoff games get any easier with Mogadore, JFK, St. Paul programs always there as well. The NE regions in DVI and DVII always seem to have 3-4 really good teams in the playoffs, lots of good small school football played here. We (WR) played CH and Independence for a couple years as well, some good games, would love to see us hook up with Kirtland for a home-and-home, always good to see where you stand.

I am hoping coach Hake runs more Stack-I or at least commits to running the ball more next year, we won't be as big on the O-line as we have been in the past, which also means the same thing for the D-line, but we will have more quality lineman and overall team speed. This past season, especially early in the year, the inexperience on the Defensive side cost us at least 1 game (Columbiana), will be better this year.

Time will tell who pulls out the inaugural League Champion but I foresee some really good games coming up. Good Luck to everyone!

We-are-WR
I'm very excited to see those 3 tangle in the league next year, all went 1-1 against each other and return loads of talent.

Reserve doesn't lose quantity, but they sure lose a heck a lot of quality! Hiles was a monster both ways in the trenches, Larimer was great as a do everything and Seifert was a good football player. See I think Reserve may be looking to open up a bit more next year, that young QB showed a lot of promise and there is plenty of skill guys returning on the edges. Then again, Cappabianca returning might be all the argument needed for the stack I. We'll see, coach Hake does a good job at playing to his strengths.
Old 12-11-16, 04:44 PM
Freshman

bluedevil89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh I definitely don't take it the wrong way and I agree to a point. McDonald has always competed in the lowest division and when we made our runs to state in 89 and 94 they were in the smallest classifications at the time. The current day D6 is the majority of the old D5 with a few D6 schools. I didn't necessarily mean it as defeatist, just as the smallest classification is where we've always played.

D7 isn't exactly chump programs, Moggy has owned us and JFK/St. Paul have us some humbling losses in 07 and 08. I wasn't necessarily hoping, just meant it could be a benefit to drop down compared to staying up. We can't control where we fall and we'll line up against everybody, even if it's to take a beating like Kirtland gave us in 2013.

You're correct though that it all starts right now, in the weight room working to get better. We had a solid team this year that seemed to make a key mistake in the worst time, separating this squad from the 6-4 it ended up to the 8-2, 9-1 it could've been. Just look at Springfield who Kirtland saw in week 12, we took it to them in week 2, held them under 200 yards and beat them by 10. But the team, with I believe 7 sophomores getting a start at some point last year including an all-state honorable mention, has to work their butts off this off-season to get to that level. As far as schedule, McDonald has beefed it up the past few years which has been a good surprise and I think has started to pay off. Like I said, the quality of this team was good despite the 6-4 record. Just this past year the out of league schedule was: 9-2 D5 R17 #1 seed south range, 9-3 D6 R21 #2 seed Springfield and 8-4 D5 R17 #7 seed black river. McDonald actually played Cuyahaga Heights recently, and beat them 35-3 in 2014. We'll see, the 9th and 10th grade numbers were great and look talented, maybe they will make a run at Kirtland, but it'll take a lot. Kirtland has crushed all of our league teams the last few years (McDonald, WR, and Springfield).
I agree with Kirtland Fan, McDonald needs to keep looking to schedule tougher ooc teams to improve the program. CH was on the schedule in 2013 and 2014, but couldn't re-sign for another home and home due to league conflicts. Grand Valley and Black River were temporary fill ins. The new league looks like it is going to make it necessary to sign tougher ooc games to be competitive on the regional level. I think McDonald has the talent to play with those teams, the question is can the administration work out a way to get them on the schedule?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-16, 01:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil89 View Post
I agree with Kirtland Fan, McDonald needs to keep looking to schedule tougher ooc teams to improve the program. CH was on the schedule in 2013 and 2014, but couldn't re-sign for another home and home due to league conflicts. Grand Valley and Black River were temporary fill ins. The new league looks like it is going to make it necessary to sign tougher ooc games to be competitive on the regional level. I think McDonald has the talent to play with those teams, the question is can the administration work out a way to get them on the schedule?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
McDonald was known for a long time as playing weak OOC games, and quite frankly they were true. Southington, Windham (after they fell off), Oberlin, Kennedy Catholic. But I will give credit, since coach Williams took over the AD spot and scheduling, he's done well at beefing up the OOC games. Streetsboro, Cuyahoga Heights, South Range, Black River, Springfield, even Grand Valley and EP were good in 2015. The 2017 schedule will hinge largely on the 3rd OOC game on how I perceive the schedule. Brookfield is a good opening game, they've had a solid program for 5 years now. I'm ok with Champion, being a local, bigger Trumbull county school that should have a nice crowd. Reserve and Springfield will have very nice teams. A solid OOC game for week 3 will form a nice schedule like 2016 was.
Old 01-02-17, 05:30 PM
All World

Here are the schedules for all the teams so far as provided by Eaglefan in the stickied thread at the top

McDonald
08/25 H Brookfield
09/01 A Columbiana
09/08 H Champion
09/15 A Waterloo
09/22 H Springfield
09/29 A Jackson-Milton
10/06 A Mineral Ridge
10/13 H Sebring McKinley
10/20 H Western Reserve
10/27 A Lowellville

Mineral Ridge
8/25 A Pymatuning Valley
09/01 A Lisbon
09/08 H Newton Falls
09/15 A Lowellville
09/22 A Western Reserve
09/29 H Waterloo
10/06 H McDonald
10/13 A Springfield
10/20 H Jackson-Milton
10/27 H Sebring McKinley

Springfield
08/25 A South Range
09/01 A Brookfield
09/08 H Columbiana
09/15 H Jackson-Milton
09/22 A McDonald
09/29 A Sebring McKinley
10/06 H Western Reserve
10/13 H Mineral Ridge
10/20 A Lowellville
10/27 H Waterloo

Waterloo
08/25 N Newton Falls
09/01 N East Canton
09/08 H Bowerston Conotton Valley
09/15 H McDonald
09/22 H Lowellville
09/29 A Mineral Ridge
10/06 A Jackson-Milton
10/13 A Western Reserve
10/20 H Sebring McKinley
10/27 A Springfield

Berlin Center Western Reserve
08/25 H Columbiana
09/01 N South Range
09/08 H Steubenville Catholic Central
09/15 H Sebring McKinley
09/22 H Mineral Ridge
09/29 H Lowellville
10/06 A Springfield
10/13 H Waterloo
10/20 A McDonald
10/27 A Jackson-Milton

Jackson-Milton
08/25 H Southington Chalker
09/01 A Newton Falls
09/08 H Windham
09/15 A Springfield
09/22 A Sebring McKinley
09/29 H McDonald
10/06 H Waterloo
10/13 A Lowellville
10/20 A Mineral Ridge
10/27 H Western Reserve

Lowellville
08/25 A Leetonia
09/01 H Windham
09/08 A Wellsville
09/15 H Mineral Ridge
09/22 A Waterloo
09/29 A Western Reserve
10/06 A Sebring McKinley
10/13 H Jackson-Milton
10/20 H Springfield
10/27 H McDonald

Sebring McKinley
08/25 A Windham
09/01 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/08 H Vienna Mathews
09/15 A Western Reserve
09/22 H Jackson-Milton
09/29 H Springfield
10/06 H Lowellville
10/13 A McDonald
10/20 A Waterloo
10/27 A Mineral Ridge

Last edited by kingpin2010; 04-25-17 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-04-17, 07:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCWRFan View Post

We-are-WR
Speaking of Stack I, Kirtland's coach LaVerde said that he started using the stack I and two tight ends shortly after he arrived in Kirtland based upon the talent level of Kirtland kids. LaVerde wasn't trying to outsmart other teams. He just realized that he wasn't going to beat teams with passes and trick plays, and he had some beefy kids for the O and D lines, so the power I was a natural fit for Kirtland kids. Little did LaVerde think at the time that it would become a mainstay of every Kirtland team since he arrived about 10 years ago.

LaVerde added new wrinkles, like mixing in wing-T and some read-option and play action, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I would love to see home-home series with both McDonald and WR. Stiff competition would make the teams (including Kirtland) better. That's what is happening in the MAC. Those teams are beating on each other during the regular season, and when they get into the playoffs, they go through teams like a hot knife through butter.
Old 01-04-17, 07:23 PM
All American

Quote:
McDonald was known for a long time as playing weak OOC games, and quite frankly they were true. Southington, Windham (after they fell off), Oberlin, Kennedy Catholic. But I will give credit, since coach Williams took over the AD spot and scheduling, he's done well at beefing up the OOC games. Streetsboro, Cuyahoga Heights, South Range, Black River, Springfield, even Grand Valley and EP were good in 2015. The 2017 schedule will hinge largely on the 3rd OOC game on how I perceive the schedule. Brookfield is a good opening game, they've had a solid program for 5 years now. I'm ok with Champion, being a local, bigger Trumbull county school that should have a nice crowd. Reserve and Springfield will have very nice teams. A solid OOC game for week 3 will form a nice schedule like 2016 was.
Well, Kirtland hasn't exactly scheduled and played "creme de la creme" teams during the regular season either, and it didn't seem to affect their 5 consecutive year championship game run. The trouble with Kirtland trying to schedule tougher teams is that once you get out of urban areas to areas like Kirtland, schools are farther apart from a distance standpoint It's tough for high school kids to travel 1 hour + for regular season games. Otherwise, I would love to see a home-home between Kirtland and Marion Local and other teams from the western part of the state. What's good for us fans isn't necessarily what's good for our high school kids. After all, these are kids that we're talking about, and sometimes we lose sight of that point.
Old 01-05-17, 03:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtland Fan View Post
Well, Kirtland hasn't exactly scheduled and played "creme de la creme" teams during the regular season either, and it didn't seem to affect their 5 consecutive year championship game run. The trouble with Kirtland trying to schedule tougher teams is that once you get out of urban areas to areas like Kirtland, schools are farther apart from a distance standpoint It's tough for high school kids to travel 1 hour + for regular season games. Otherwise, I would love to see a home-home between Kirtland and Marion Local and other teams from the western part of the state. What's good for us fans isn't necessarily what's good for our high school kids. After all, these are kids that we're talking about, and sometimes we lose sight of that point.
Oh I agree, and I think it's even tougher up around Kirtland where it's either big urban schools or very spread out smaller schools. In the Youngstown area there's a ton on intermediate and small schools within 40 minute drives. Then when talking about the more successful programs in D5-7 for the NE region, outside of CH and Kirtland they are all either Youngstown, Akron-Canton area or even more west to schools like Hillsdale, St. Paul. The schools that make geographic sense for Kirtland and CH for conference wise aren't very good in football. Obviously that hasn't effected either.

That said, out of conference it makes all the sense to schedule tougher games that involve travel. If I was an AD in a perfect world, of the 3 OOC games I'd try to schedule against an elite team (Kirtland, CH, Mogadore), a good team that'll get you decent playoff points, then a cupcake where things can get fine tuned. But travel and finding dance partners obviously are an issue to that.

Regardless, as you said above I'd love to see a regular season matchup with Kirtland. A stiff test that each team would get great film to build on for the rest of the year. McDonald has a great class that'll be juniors this up coming year and the freshman class also showed great promise, so the next 2 years would be the time to do it.
Old 01-21-17, 05:35 PM
All World

Updated the schedules above according to Eaglefan's schedule thread. Only 2 schools currently do not have listed 10 games schedules. Sebring my guess would be renewing with Southington week 2 again since both don't have anything listed.

As for McDonald week 2, here's the teams I found that don't have a game week 2 that fit in geography and size:
Columbiana
East Palestine
St Thomas Aquinas
Southington
Valley Christian

St Thomas would be a great game to schedule and a good test, but my guess is they aren't in consideration. Columbiana and EP make most sense and both would be good additions. I'd personally like Columbiana, for being pretty close geography, size, and success the last decade it's crazy they've only played in 2012. Would be a good battle early in the year. EP too, they'll have a solid squad. Southington or valley Christian would be disappointments. Any other option would require a good deal of travel or really playing up size wise
Old 01-22-17, 06:15 AM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Updated the schedules above according to Eaglefan's schedule thread. Only 2 schools currently do not have listed 10 games schedules. Sebring my guess would be renewing with Southington week 2 again since both don't have anything listed.

As for McDonald week 2, here's the teams I found that don't have a game week 2 that fit in geography and size:
Columbiana
East Palestine
St Thomas Aquinas
Southington
Valley Christian

St Thomas would be a great game to schedule and a good test, but my guess is they aren't in consideration. Columbiana and EP make most sense and both would be good additions. I'd personally like Columbiana, for being pretty close geography, size, and success the last decade it's crazy they've only played in 2012. Would be a good battle early in the year. EP too, they'll have a solid squad. Southington or valley Christian would be disappointments. Any other option would require a good deal of travel or really playing up size wise
You can scratch EP off your list week 2. They have a D4 on the sked.
Old 01-22-17, 02:27 PM
All World

Well if EP isn't availae that makes it even interesting. My guess is it has to end up being Columbiana. Southington probably plays Sebring again, VC dropped McDonald after getting blown out twice in 07 and 08 and I doubt McDonald would play STA.
Old 01-22-17, 02:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Well if EP isn't availae that makes it even interesting. My guess is it has to end up being Columbiana. Southington probably plays Sebring again, VC dropped McDonald after getting blown out twice in 07 and 08 and I doubt McDonald would play STA.
Good Luck in your search.

What it's worth, Dawgs play 2 D4's and then D6 Campbell. Then that mediocre D6 D7 EOAC. Shame.
Old 01-22-17, 03:07 PM
All District

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Columbiana
East Palestine
St Thomas Aquinas
Southington
Valley Christian

Aquinas would be a nightmare matchup. McDonald would struggle with their size and speed.
Old 01-22-17, 03:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Aquinas would be a nightmare matchup. McDonald would struggle with their size and speed.
Maybe so, but Aquinas barely beat Lisbon last year in the playoffs and McDonald was just as good as Lisbon last year. McDonald has a very good returning cast for 2017, lots of sophomores that started or saw playing time in 2016. Also I believe Aquinas was very senior laden in 2016.
Old 01-22-17, 03:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Good Luck in your search.

What it's worth, Dawgs play 2 D4's and then D6 Campbell. Then that mediocre D6 D7 EOAC. Shame.
I'm expecting the EOAC to be down as a whole next year. Lisbon, Columbiana, and Wellsville lose a lot. Dunno about Toronto, then southern, leetonia are bad. United should be decent. The MVAC is going to be super top heavy, Reserve, Springfield and McDonald are going to be miles ahead of the rest of the league.
Old 01-22-17, 03:40 PM
All American

Quote:
I'm expecting the EOAC to be down as a whole next year. Lisbon, Columbiana, and Wellsville lose a lot. Dunno about Toronto, then southern, leetonia are bad. United should be decent. The MVAC is going to be super top heavy, Reserve, Springfield and McDonald are going to be miles ahead of the rest of the league.
It was down when they conceived this abortion of a league.
Old 01-22-17, 04:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
It was down when they conceived this abortion of a league.
Well comparative to the last few years it's going to be down. Lisbon and Columbiana have had good teams the last 2 years that I don't expect them to be as good with the talent they lose to graduation.
Old 01-22-17, 05:16 PM
All World

This year also is planned to be the last for McDonald at AA Burkey Memorial. As long as there is no hiccups, the new complex is projected to be ready for the 2018 season. Not sure when the stadium was first used, but I believe they are near or over 50 years played at the stadium, with a lot of success. If it is the last year, the stadium will be going out with a bang with the last home game being Western Reserve (barring a home playoff game, which would still be a bang).
Old 01-22-17, 06:02 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This year also is planned to be the last for McDonald at AA Burkey Memorial. As long as there is no hiccups, the new complex is projected to be ready for the 2018 season. Not sure when the stadium was first used, but I believe they are near or over 50 years played at the stadium, with a lot of success. If it is the last year, the stadium will be going out with a bang with the last home game being Western Reserve (barring a home playoff game, which would still be a bang).
Where is the new stadium to be built?

Projected capacity?

Old 01-22-17, 06:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Where is the new stadium to be built?

Projected capacity?

It's going to be built on the north side of town towards niles. Currently it's a woods area. They bought a lot of land so there will be plenty of room for parking which will be nice. I do not know what the capacity will be, but my guess is it'll be around 3,000 or so, I doubt it'll be crazy big or anything.
Old 01-22-17, 07:01 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Going to have to make a game out there. Missed seeing a game at North Lima before South Range moves to their new stadium. Have to make sure I see one at McDonald's old haunt.
Old 01-22-17, 09:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Going to have to make a game out there. Missed seeing a game at North Lima before South Range moves to their new stadium. Have to make sure I see one at McDonald's old haunt.
Was glad I was able to get back to memorial for its last year, the kettle popcorn they sold there was fantastic. McDonald's stadium definitely has an old school feel to it, though the away bleachers and scoreboard are new within the last few years. The away side is great in that there is no track separating the stands from the field, so it's a good up close view. We have plenty of good home games this year, Brookfield, Springfield, and Reserve all coming to visit.