Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-17, 01:07 AM
All Ohio

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Game story

West girls edged by GMC rival Mason in D-I regional thriller

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/w...cTeMl9yEkD8fK/
Old 03-09-17, 07:20 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a great game...congrats and good luck to the evil empire.
Old 03-09-17, 07:38 AM
Freshman

cinboiler is on a distinguished road
It was a great game. I feel the referees let way too much aggressive play allowed for Mason. I have not seen the stats, but I think it was way too many on LW vrs. Mason. West press did not bother Mason, they took it straight to the hoop. Mason rebounded well, they are bigger. LW did not shoot well and missed a lot of layups and putbacks. Thank you girls for incredible effort and dedication. Next year should be strong again.
Old 03-09-17, 07:47 AM
Varsity

OnTheRelease is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to The Mason Comets for a hard fought win. The questionable officiating helped lead to a free throw disparity of 31 opportunities for Mason vs 3 opportunities for West. Even more curious was the clock management as West clawed their way back into the game. With 59.3 seconds left, Mason was unable to pass the ball in-bounds as the passer could not locate anyone open to receive the ball. Nevertheless, the refs resumed play at 57 secs. Those extra 2.3 seconds might have been helpful as West scrambled to get a quality shot at the end of the game. Also does anyone know whether the clock stops after a made basket in the last 2 minutes of a high school game? In any case, congrats again to Mason - Go get State!
Old 03-09-17, 07:59 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRelease View Post
does anyone know whether the clock stops after a made basket in the last 2 minutes of a high school game? In any case, congrats again to Mason - Go get State!
It does not stop after a made basket at any time during a game being played under NFHS rules
Old 03-09-17, 08:20 AM
Freshman

Thank you for posting the foul situation. 31 attempts to 3. OMG. Something not right.
Old 03-09-17, 09:42 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Often if one team plays a zone defense, and doesn't rely on outside shots. They will have an advantage in fouls called. We played Mason and the same thing happened to us. It is what It is.
Old 03-09-17, 01:39 PM
Freshman

I am 60 years old, watched a lot of b ball in my day. I do not care what defense is played, 31 to 3 is not good. There were many questionable calls, none greater than the charge on Oxley. Game is over, Mason is a good team and very sorry about the good player breaking her wrist. I hope they continue and represent are area and the GMC well. They will leave it on the floor.
Old 03-09-17, 01:53 PM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
31-3 is never good. (And your preaching to the choir)I, am a little older then you so I've also seen a lot of games ....first hand I have seen what kind of game Mason plays up close. Six to seven 5-11 or better players driving to the basket, jumping over the box out.....a lot of ref's let that go on. So you try to stand your ground and you get the foul. If your also shooting 25 three's you will get no calls on those. You would hope they would at least call a couple of charging fouls.....⛹��
Old 03-09-17, 02:36 PM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinboiler View Post
I am 60 years old, watched a lot of b ball in my day. I do not care what defense is played, 31 to 3 is not good.
I'm curious, what is considered "good"?

** I've worked my shared of games where the difference was +30.
Old 03-09-17, 05:26 PM
All Region

firehawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinboiler View Post
I am 60 years old, watched a lot of b ball in my day. I do not care what defense is played, 31 to 3 is not good. There were many questionable calls, none greater than the charge on Oxley. Game is over, Mason is a good team and very sorry about the good player breaking her wrist. I hope they continue and represent are area and the GMC well. They will leave it on the floor.

I agree but 32 free throws to 3?Bottom line it was a poorly officiated game.The charge foul on Oxley was bs.There were also at least a couple of times when I felt Mason should have been called for 5 seconds and instead were bailed out with foul calls.Nonetheless if West doesn't miss so many easy shots and converts them like they normally do the officiating is a moot point.Bottom line make the shots you normally convert and you likely win the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-17, 05:27 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Fyi: There were actually 10 fouls called on Mason, 23 on LW. The number of free throws attempted was the almost 30 or difference.
Old 03-09-17, 09:03 PM
Freshman

I was at the game and had not seen mason play this year. They are tall and handled West pressure well. West missed a lot of bunnies. So did Mason. Mason won even after loosing a good player. You ask what is good. 31 to 3 is not good. 23 to 10, the 10 consisted of several at the end. I remember looking at the scoreboard and I saw 10 to 2 and I thought no way in the 4th quarter. I thought maybe the refs would even it out a little in the 2nd half. Did not happen. A team shooting 10 to 15 more is normal. 28 more is not normal. Bottom line, Mason won and I hope they continue to win as I am pro GMC. West will be strong again next year so something to look forward to.