Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-30-17, 09:59 AM
All Region

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
08/25 A Salem D4
09/01 N Perry D4
09/08 N Campbell D6
09/15 H Hanoverton United Local D6
09/22 A Wellsville D7
09/29 H Salineville Southern D6
10/06 A Leetonia D7
10/13 H Toronto D7
10/20 A Lisbon David Anderson D6
10/27 H Columbiana D6

Anyone else have updated schedules? Those are last years divisional assignments.

Good to see Columbiana being the last game of the season, that is where it use to be long ago.
I'd like to see a more permanent schedule where you can have your rival last every year...instead of the rotation we've been doing with the ITCL.
Old 01-30-17, 10:18 AM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
I'd like to see a more permanent schedule where you can have your rival last every year...instead of the rotation we've been doing with the ITCL.
That rotation was to appease certain schools who are not a part of this anymore.
I think it will be permanent. Why would it need changed now?
Old 01-30-17, 12:07 PM
All Region

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That rotation was to appease certain schools who are not a part of this anymore.
I think it will be permanent. Why would it need changed now?
Sounds good to me. I like the permanent schedule.
Old 01-30-17, 12:15 PM
All Region

bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
by larger do you mean EP and United?

while many in EP would like the larger schools on schedule....I can't see United going anywhere. They have long time history from the old TCL with many of these schools. They neighbor Lisbon and Southern. I like the toronto addition, and if there was a defection of a school I am sure there will be some D6 or 7 schools applying. looking forward to an exciting first year.
I agree on United, I see them staying. I personally believe if anyone leaves it will be EP and a growing Columbiana. Geographically and size of both schools may make it not work out best for them. The others I believe will fit great to include United.

I agree on a set schedule, Problem is everyone is going to want their Rival last. EP/Col Lisbon/United. Wellsville/Toronto. Problem is Wellsville is also rivals with Southern and Leetonia is also rivals with Columbiana. If Southern and Leetonia would match up and become rivals it would work out great.

Good move by EP getting a D4 school added along with Salem. It will prepare them for the league and get them points for playoffs. Exactly which Perry school is this. I watched Massillon Perry on TV in the playoffs. EP will not play with them, maybe ever. That is a different brand of football than what this area plays. Is there not another Perry up north somewhere and could that be who EP has scheduled?
Old 01-30-17, 12:35 PM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Perry Pirates up by lake erie - small school big nuke plant - wide open football scheme be ready for all and anything - watched them couple games fun offense, last I watched them they lost to steubenville in playoffs just didnt have the horses to keep up. good team
Old 01-30-17, 01:14 PM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Perry Pirates up by lake erie - small school big nuke plant - wide open football scheme be ready for all and anything - watched them couple games fun offense, last I watched them they lost to steubenville in playoffs just didnt have the horses to keep up. good team
So I have heard, did they retain anyone from last year's team?
Old 01-30-17, 01:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
I agree on United, I see them staying. I personally believe if anyone leaves it will be EP and a growing Columbiana. Geographically and size of both schools may make it not work out best for them. The others I believe will fit great to include United.
Mark my word, bop, Toronto will be the first to leave. Travel is too far either way to Columbiana or EP and EP will most likely be the track hub for the league.
Old 01-30-17, 01:44 PM
All District

wouldn't that all depend on the travel they do now and then in comparison? We all know the OVAC is not traditional as a league in the sense of everyone plays everyone. Could this new league pose solid rivalries with some shorter distances to travel and some scheduling ease for all their programs?

No league is perfect as there will never be schools all close and all within 10 kids of each other. There are probably things about entering this league that Toronto very much looks forward to having.
Old 01-30-17, 01:57 PM
All American

Quote:
wouldn't that all depend on the travel they do now and then in comparison? We all know the OVAC is not traditional as a league in the sense of everyone plays everyone. Could this new league pose solid rivalries with some shorter distances to travel and some scheduling ease for all their programs?

No league is perfect as there will never be schools all close and all within 10 kids of each other. There are probably things about entering this league that Toronto very much looks forward to having.
Well time will tell.
Old 01-30-17, 01:58 PM
All Region

All for EP being the Track hub for the league. They know how to properly run a track meet and have good eats. Problem is, some of the other schools in the league also have all weather tracks now too and will want in on the $$$$. Until Columbiana puts in a decent set of bleachers, rest rooms and concessions, they should not even be considered. I hate going there for meets, you cannot see nothing at ground level. I was told that in Columbiana's visitor football locker room, there is no sink. There is 1 toilet in a closet, but no sink to wash your hands. That has to be a health code violation!

Took a look at Toronto's past schedules. Bulldog, look at them. Traveling to EP will be a hop, skip, and jump compared to where they have traveled the past few years. All over the state of West by God Virginia to find schools close in size that were not in league play.
Old 01-30-17, 02:25 PM
All District

LOL bop I did the same thing which lead me to my previous post.

From reading these threads about the old league and the two new ones.....I would bet EP would be the first out of the new set up as they may be the lone D5 school after the new numbers come out.
Old 01-30-17, 02:29 PM
All American

Quote:
LOL bop I did the same thing which lead me to my previous post.

From reading these threads about the old league and the two new ones.....I would bet EP would be the first out of the new set up as they may be the lone D5 school after the new numbers come out.
United and Columbiana would be very close to D5.

Besides, Toronto is still going to have to travel north in the Winter as well as the ones up North traveling South. Two years, max and Toronto goes back to the OVAC for games. Besides, Toronto never made an attempt to schedule anyone in the new league other than maybe Wellsville.
Old 01-30-17, 02:42 PM
All American

Quote:
All for EP being the Track hub for the league. They know how to properly run a track meet and have good eats. Problem is, some of the other schools in the league also have all weather tracks now too and will want in on the $$$$.
Columbiana seems to have restroom issues even at Firestone Park. Maybe that is why some from there are full of it?

You would think with a new oval they would have better facilities and better facilities at Firestone than a one john room. Guess the monies in that town are going elsewhere.
Old 01-31-17, 12:01 AM
All District

Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Who gives a damn what you think. I didn't say anything about losses, so once again, your comments are moot, full of feces and intended to degrade a team or school since C-view is not a part of this league. Whether they win or lose, they are stepping up to the plate.
My post was not intended to degrade a team or school. I am sorry you took it as such. My intention was to give my thoughts on the schedule in which you posted. When you said that smaller schools and rivals give east Palestine problems, it caught me off guard. I was not intending to upset you, but rather point out the facts. The facts show that Easy Palestine has had problems competing against teams with an above .500 record. That's all. Again, I am sorry for whatever grief my post may have caused.

Back to the topic at hand. If it is the lake county perry, then I would like to have some of whatever bop is smoking by stating that EP will earn playoff points. I was under the impression that only wins could earn points. Please do not lose your tempers, it is my opinion that perry will beat them convincingly.lake county Perry was 13-1 a year ago with playoff wins over holy name, Woodridge, and notre dame cathedral Latin before eventually losing to Steubenville in the state semi final. I applaud EASy Palestine for scheduling them, and stand by my statement that if they are competitive with Perry JV in the second half, then they are sure fire picks to win the EOAC in 2017.

In order to avoid accusations of degrading a team or school, i will explain how I came to this conclusion.

In the 2016 division 4 playoffs:

Woodridge beat struthers in round 1 of the playoffs before losing to perry.
Notre dame cathedral Latin beat cardinal money high school before losing to perry.

Also in 2016:
East Palestine was outscored 197-72 and was 0-4 against division 5 and 6 playoff teams.

If this logic is misguided, i apologize. I can say as a matter of fact that this logic is not intended to degrade anyone. I am encouraged to see a local team stepping up and playing a proven state power. There are many benefits to playing this game, but unfortunately I do not think playoff points will be one of them.

my assumption is that both schools had an opening and needed a game, and East Palestine believes they have as many as 7 "easy" wins on their schedule. If they are correct in this assumption( which I believe to be true), then they have nothing to lose by playing a game that will prepare them for post season play, even if it is not likely to be competitive.

As far as who will leave the league first, who cares? More than likely the league will remain intact for years to come simply because there are very few other options. United could travel west if we are looking for change, and the same could be said for Lisbon. but the Pennsylvania/ West Virginia state lines become problematic for the other league members to look elsewhere to the east. To the north there is nobody close geographically who would be willing to play any of the EOAC members anymore, and to the south the travel would be unrealistic.

Columbiana is geographically very small- and have nowhere to go if they were to choose to leave. I am eager to see any facts that substantiate the claim that they are currently experiencing any significant growth???? One or two large classes does not constitute real growth.

The only schools who are even capable of making a realistic move would be East Palestine and Toronto. East Palestine could get into a league with "larger" schools, and Toronto could go back to where they were. Based on recent decisions made by the bulldog Admin, i predict they would rather stay put.

Simply put this league is grid locked to the north by schools who they can no longer compete with, to the east and southeast by different states, and to the west and southwest by vast nothingness. My money says this league is a keeper.
Old 01-31-17, 05:26 AM
All American

Paine:

Simply put, you are a TROLL.
Old 02-07-17, 07:07 AM
All American

Enrollment figures are out, but they are subject to change yet.
As it sits using the old cutoffs, there will be 2 D5 teams this coming year in the EOAC.
Old 02-07-17, 09:46 AM
All Region

EP 157
United 145
Columbiana 120
Southern 114
Lisbon 97
Wellsville 96
Toronto 80
Leetonia 75
Old 02-07-17, 10:55 AM
All Region

I know this is a High School football board so when merger is discussed it ends up being slanted towards just that. Ohio has lost a great number of people. Finances (Taxes) are going to force districts to merge VERY SOON in my opinion. The State is pulling monies away from these schools that have lost students. There is no way to make it up as people are not going to pass levies locally to make up the difference. There is no more money go give for most households. Unless you are isolated in a way like Put-In-Bay high school is, there is no reason a High School should exist with 75 boys in it. It just does not make sense fiscally.
Old 02-07-17, 11:00 AM
All District

while economically a small school does not make sense - the quality of instruction and the mentoring of growth at small schools far outweigh those of a large school.

sadly enough the power of the dollar will win out over quality of experience.

In saying this do you think there are any obvious districts that would be mentioned in a consolidation conversation?
Old 02-07-17, 11:31 AM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
while economically a small school does not make sense - the quality of instruction and the mentoring of growth at small schools far outweigh those of a large school.

sadly enough the power of the dollar will win out over quality of experience.

In saying this do you think there are any obvious districts that would be mentioned in a consolidation conversation?
This would not be an easy task, schools which would be candidates are smack in the middle of other districts, likely scenario would be for the bigger schools to absorb students from the smaller schools dissolving those districts. The only possibility of a true consolidation between schools forming a new district would be Southern & Wellsville ( this is the easiest choice).
Old 02-07-17, 12:16 PM
All American

Leetonia would most likely go with Salem.

Lisbon with Beaver or United.

Southern and Wellsville as mentioned.

That leaves EP, C-view and Columbiana. Might as well merge all 3 as the proximity is backyard to each district. This was a rumor once upon a time. Then again, just close the open enrollment at C-view and that district becomes dust just like the cow field it was built on.
Old 02-07-17, 12:32 PM
All Region

I do not necessarily agree Bandit with you on the quality of instruction being superior at a smaller school. The larger schools seem to have many more options for students to choose from.

I personally believe we should have no more than three school districts in our county. We could also have just one Columbiana County School district with three High Schools.
Old 02-07-17, 01:27 PM
All District

Beaver could absorb some of Southern / EP, that school districts boundaries are huge, sending the rest of Southern & Wellsville to East Liverpool
Old 02-07-17, 02:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
EP, that school districts boundaries are huge,
Last I knew, EP's district had a total of 8285 residents. If this adds anything to your comment: https://development.ohio.gov/reports...cts_map_r6.htm
Old 02-08-17, 11:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Last I knew, EP's district had a total of 8285 residents. If this adds anything to your comment: https://development.ohio.gov/reports...cts_map_r6.htm
Sorry I meant Beaver Local, who's district is very rural and covers a large amount of area in the county
Old 02-08-17, 01:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
Sorry I meant Beaver Local, who's district is very rural and covers a large amount of area in the county
Aw shucks. It's ok, anyhow now you have a web link to check other numbers. Yes Beaver has a huge area, but it is mostly hills and farms.

Last edited by bulldog1974; 02-08-17 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-10-17, 10:41 AM
All American

Stay tuned, the OHSAA has removed the proposed figures. Apparently the ODE sent some wrong information. So, who knows.
Old 02-10-17, 10:58 AM
All District

Quote:
I do not necessarily agree Bandit with you on the quality of instruction being superior at a smaller school. The larger schools seem to have many more options for students to choose from.

I personally believe we should have no more than three school districts in our county. We could also have just one Columbiana County School district with three High Schools.
in saying that in opposition - if you combined to 3 schools I still wouldn't consider any of them "big" - Would any combination of schools play above D3?
Old 02-10-17, 11:11 AM
All Region

Quote:
in saying that in opposition - if you combined to 3 schools I still wouldn't consider any of them "big" - Would any combination of schools play above D3?
I would think D3. Big but not too big for this county.
Old 02-10-17, 01:56 PM
All American

Quote:
I would think D3. Big but not too big for this county.
If you combine EP, C-view and Columbiana, you would have a good D2 team.