Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-15-16, 07:38 AM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop View Post
We have handed them out to Crestview the past three years. Paine is an A## hat and has shown his true colors after trying to initially be friendly. He also fights with people on other threads I have perused as well, bitter man. Anyhow, the ITCL is gone, I am taking a break for awhile since not much should be happening during the winter months. I suggest that all of you EOAC posters ignore Paine and Joker, don't even respond to them. They do not like us and quite frankly have nothing to do with this league. Let them go talk to.....,oh there is no one for them to talk to. Oh well.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-15-16, 10:09 AM
Varsity

FOOSBALL MAMA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
I see nothing wrong with lisbons scnedule. Obviously they will not be at all prepared for post season play, but that isn't the goal. The goal for all of these teams is to have fun games each week and have every team competitive with one another. Imvho this has been accomplished with the new league setup. Any team can win or lose each game, and that is great. Due to the declining population at all of these schools, coupled with all of their good players being stolen by crestview, the bar has been appropriately set a bit lower. Post season success is not what these programs are looking for. if they happen to get in, wonderful, but to be frank, 10 weeks of high school football is plenty anyways. after all of the hard work including running and weights and practice, the season should be ended after 10 weeks for everyone. I believe they should do away with the post season all together so that more schools could end their season on a positive note. I personally think that if the season ended after 10 weeks many more children would be happy about their season and wouldn't be so heart broken. It's really not fair that only the good teams have fun after week 10 anyways. I for one would be in favor of shortening the length of the game or perhaps utilizing the running clock from the start so that all of the games are much closer scoring wise and all of the teams have a chance to win if they use good strategy and stall like high school basketball teams do without a shot clock.

I think we could teach a lot of valuable life lessons if we called it quits after 10 weeks and had a large banquet amongst all of the teams, maybe at the columbiana county fairgrounds if that makes everyone happy. everyone could meet and greet and reminisce. I would assume a local company would donate shirts if they knew it was for such a good cause.

Please refrain from rooting for any specific school moving forward. All of the children in our league work very hard. GO LEAGUE!
Mr. Paine, Welcome to the real world of playing with kids that come from your own district. Welcome to 3-7 or 4-6, and not having to worry about the playoffs. So, your ideas above work well for your current situation. End the year after 10 games, because you didn't make the playoffs, and give out those participation trophies. Plenty of playoff teams will come from the new league, and occasionally, one of those teams will make a little run. It is what it is. I shall now take the advice of others, and ignore your stupidity.
Old 11-16-16, 08:28 AM
All American

Quote:
I don't like Youngstown Christian. They have not been good and I just do not see them staying on the schedule very long. It is not a game people want to see and they will bring no gate. If we were to step up, this would be the game I would change moving forward just before league play begins. East Canton, Beaver Local, McDonald, W. Reserve, N. Springfield all come to mind.
Lisbon's bet would be McD, Reserve or E.Canton.
Old 11-18-16, 06:08 AM
All Region

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Lisbon's bet would be McD, Reserve or E.Canton.
I wouldn't mind getting Beaver Local back on the schedule. But, McD, WR or EC would all be great options. McD or WR would be a solid challenge...two VERY good programs.
Old 11-18-16, 07:47 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
I wouldn't mind getting Beaver Local back on the schedule. But, McD, WR or EC would all be great options. McD or WR would be a solid challenge...two VERY good programs.
With respect, look at one of your previous posts. You didn't want to play D5's, but would like a D4. How so?
Old 11-18-16, 10:09 AM
All Region

Quote:
With respect, look at one of your previous posts. You didn't want to play D5's, but would like a D4. How so?
You said we need to toughen up our OOL schedule. Thought BL would do that...

It seems like Lisbon and BL have a pretty good relationship...something I can't say about the other schools.

Though, I see your point...I'm not too consistent in thought. But, I like the backyard brawl feel to a Lisbon vs BL game.
Old 11-18-16, 11:17 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
You said we need to toughen up our OOL schedule. Thought BL would do that...

It seems like Lisbon and BL have a pretty good relationship...something I can't say about the other schools.

Though, I see your point...I'm not too consistent in thought. But, I like the backyard brawl feel to a Lisbon vs BL game.
Sort of like that brawl EP occasionally has with Salem.
I would hope EP would pick McElroy and the Beavers back up soon.
Old 11-18-16, 03:41 PM
All District

Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
*lisbons diminishing population makes it unrealistic for us to have to play division 5 schools. We need a new league*

3 weeks later in trophy land...

"Division 4 Beaver local wants a game."

"Is coach McElroy still coaching there?"

"Yes."

"Ok, schedule the game."

Trophies all around!!
Old 11-18-16, 07:59 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Anyone else have official schedules for next year? I'm trying to piece them together, but getting conflicting information from different websites. Some probably have old schedules from before the league was formed, but I don't know which one is which.
Old 11-18-16, 08:44 PM
Varsity

Quote:
*lisbons diminishing population makes it unrealistic for us to have to play division 5 schools. We need a new league*

"Yes."

"Ok, schedule the game."

Trophies all around!!
And this just in from Paine-island. Mr. Paine: "Why are you going back to you're home district son? You we're our best player!!" Picks his binky up from the ground, and stomps off.

Just couldn't resist

(You know most of you laughed)
Old 11-19-16, 12:17 AM
All District

If I am still around when children with binkies are playing on Friday nights, I couldn't give a hoot which school they're playing for.

Glad you understand the importance of recruiting the youth, though. Imvho crestviews greatest strength is recruting 4 year olds. Our success rate isn't as high as it is with junior high children, but it is much cheaper to leverage students with a chocolate milk than the Mercedes we usually have to promise the older kids from your butt hurt school. The recruiting battle scale has tipped now though, you promise all up and comers a trophy every year. We will never be able to do that.
Old 11-19-16, 11:23 AM
All Region

Quote:

"Yes."

"Ok, schedule the game."

Trophies all around!!

Maybe you should hug it out. I'm always available to help. Hope you have a blessed weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-16, 03:15 PM
Varsity

Quote:
If I am still around when children with binkies are playing on Friday nights, I couldn't give a hoot which school they're playing for.

Glad you understand the importance of recruiting the youth, though. Imvho crestviews greatest strength is recruting 4 year olds. Our success rate isn't as high as it is with junior high children, but it is much cheaper to leverage students with a chocolate milk than the Mercedes we usually have to promise the older kids from your butt hurt school. The recruiting battle scale has tipped now though, you promise all up and comers a trophy every year. We will never be able to do that.
You took that the wrong way, although your way is funny also. You were the one who dropped your binkie, not the kid.
Old 11-21-16, 03:21 PM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOSBALL MAMA View Post
You took that the wrong way, although your way is funny also. You were the one who dropped your binkie, not the kid.
Lemme see, that binkie was dropped several times in the last 2 years.

Go away Paine!
Old 11-21-16, 04:29 PM
All District

Mister Paine, to you bulldog.
Old 11-22-16, 07:52 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Mister Paine, to you bulldog.
Mr. Paine eh? Yes, you are a Pain. Go troll another thread.
Old 11-22-16, 07:53 AM
All Region

bop is on a distinguished road
Was thinking the other night about how track and field will play with the new league. Will members of the league run against each other and where? EP has the best track set up by far and have been running track meets for years. Of course that is a trip for Toronto. Seems like none of the central area teams have a nice track.
Old 11-22-16, 08:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Was thinking the other night about how track and field will play with the new league. Will members of the league run against each other and where? EP has the best track set up by far and have been running track meets for years. Of course that is a trip for Toronto. Seems like none of the central area teams have a nice track.
You just mentioned something I had been saying Bop, Toronto won't stick around due to the drive either way.
Old 01-02-17, 05:45 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Was just looking and see that Columbiana doesn't have a game listed for week 2, and I figured you folks would know best if that is still that way. I haven't heard of McDonald filling their week 2 opening yet so that seems like a good matchup, looks like the clips would be needing a home game and McDonald needing a road game
Old 01-03-17, 08:09 AM
Varsity

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
Does it have that McDonald is playing Brookfield on the schedule??? I know that they typically scrimmage each other, but I was told that they are now a game
Old 01-03-17, 10:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCoach47 View Post
Does it have that McDonald is playing Brookfield on the schedule??? I know that they typically scrimmage each other, but I was told that they are now a game
Correct, they are opening the season week 1 against each other. Their other longtime scrimmage opponent Champion is also now a game. I believe South Range and Southern are the 2 scrimmages.
Old 01-05-17, 04:22 PM
All American

How would this new league like a good sized D5 in it? Most seem to think it will be a small D6-7 league.
Old 01-09-17, 08:46 AM
All Region

bop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How would this new league like a good sized D5 in it? Most seem to think it will be a small D6-7 league.
This is going to be a D5-7 league that is competitive. Changes will occur over the years but I believe it will survive and thrive. If the changes occur, my prediction is it will be the larger schools who leave not the smaller ones.
Old 01-28-17, 03:43 PM
All American

08/25 A Salem D4
09/01 N Perry D4
09/08 N Campbell D6
09/15 H Hanoverton United Local D6
09/22 A Wellsville D7
09/29 H Salineville Southern D6
10/06 A Leetonia D7
10/13 H Toronto D7
10/20 A Lisbon David Anderson D6
10/27 H Columbiana D6

Anyone else have updated schedules? Those are last years divisional assignments.

Good to see Columbiana being the last game of the season, that is where it use to be long ago.
Old 01-28-17, 05:46 PM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is going to be a D5-7 league that is competitive. Changes will occur over the years but I believe it will survive and thrive. If the changes occur, my prediction is it will be the larger schools who leave not the smaller ones.
by larger do you mean EP and United?

while many in EP would like the larger schools on schedule....I can't see United going anywhere. They have long time history from the old TCL with many of these schools. They neighbor Lisbon and Southern. I like the toronto addition, and if there was a defection of a school I am sure there will be some D6 or 7 schools applying. looking forward to an exciting first year.
Old 01-28-17, 08:00 PM
All World

I applaud EP for scheduling Perry after the year Perry just had winning a region that had Mooney, NDCL, Woodridge, Hubbard, and Struthers in it. Really a good move, but if Perry is anywhere near as good as last year it'll take a Herculean effort from the dogs to pull the upset. Either way it's a good game for EP
Old 01-29-17, 07:34 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
I applaud EP for scheduling Perry after the year Perry just had winning a region that had Mooney, NDCL, Woodridge, Hubbard, and Struthers in it. Really a good move, but if Perry is anywhere near as good as last year it'll take a Herculean effort from the dogs to pull the upset. Either way it's a good game for EP
Perry should be a challenge. My take is both needed games that date. Same with Field back in 2009, EP won that one.
People thought Salem last year would have handled EP. That was proven wrong. I think Salem will be a continued game after this coming season.

We seem to have more trouble with the small school and rival games.
Old 01-29-17, 08:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Perry should be a challenge. My take is both needed games that date. Same with Field back in 2009, EP won that one.
People thought Salem last year would have handled EP. That was proven wrong. I think Salem will be a continued game after this coming season.

We seem to have more trouble with the small school and rival games.

East Palestine is 4-25 vs teams above .500 over the past (5) seasons.

Of the 4 wins, 1 was a forfeit.

I don't think small schools and or "rivals" are what gives them problems. Safe to say that teams with winning records give EAst Palestine Bulldogs Problems.

That's just my guess. You could be correct, maybe the 25 losses all came to small rival schools.

In the second half of the perry game we will find out what the bulldogs are made of. If East Palestine Bulldogs can remain competitive with perry JV they have a great chance to win the league. .
Old 01-30-17, 07:11 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
East Palestine is 4-25 vs teams above .500 over the past (5) seasons.

Of the 4 wins, 1 was a forfeit.

I don't think small schools and or "rivals" are what gives them problems. Safe to say that teams with winning records give EAst Palestine Bulldogs Problems.

That's just my guess. You could be correct, maybe the 25 losses all came to small rival schools.

In the second half of the perry game we will find out what the bulldogs are made of. If East Palestine Bulldogs can remain competitive with perry JV they have a great chance to win the league. .
Who gives a damn what you think. I didn't say anything about losses, so once again, your comments are moot, full of feces and intended to degrade a team or school since C-view is not a part of this league. Whether they win or lose, they are stepping up to the plate.
Old 01-30-17, 08:29 AM
All District

Buckeye96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
08/25 A Salem D4
09/01 N Perry D4
09/08 N Campbell D6
09/15 H Hanoverton United Local D6
09/22 A Wellsville D7
09/29 H Salineville Southern D6
10/06 A Leetonia D7
10/13 H Toronto D7
10/20 A Lisbon David Anderson D6
10/27 H Columbiana D6

Anyone else have updated schedules? Those are last years divisional assignments.

Good to see Columbiana being the last game of the season, that is where it use to be long ago.
Southern and Lisbon very close to the D7 cutoff two years ago, new league has the potential of five D7 schools